Talk

Advanced search

Read Mumsnet testers’ feedback on Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot

(193 Posts)
AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Sep-19 14:02:26

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users with a child aged 6-24 months, who tested Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot. All selected testers were given vouchers to buy 1 x 340g pot.

Here’s what Yeo Valley have to say:
“Little Yeos just got bigger. Joining our family of organic fromage frais is our new Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot. Our Natural Fromage Frais is made with mild cultures and is extra thick and creamy, making it perfect for weaning. With no added sugar, parents can trust this big pot to be full of natural goodness for their baby and great for bigger kids too. All this goodness comes in a bigger pot, which gives you more fromage frais and 1/3 less plastic than our 6 packs. No ifs, no buts and never any nasties.

Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais can be used as a dip, blended with veg, served with fruit, decanted into reusable pots for lunchboxes, stirred into baby meals to cool them down, eaten on its own and so much more - so get creative!”

Testers please answer the following questions:
- What was your overall opinion of Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais?
- If Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot was on sale at a price acceptable to you, would you buy the product in future or not?
- How did you use Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais for your children?
- What did you and your child like about Little Yeos Natural Fromage that you tried?
- Would you recommend Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot to a friend or family member with a young child?

All testers who leave their feedback on this thread and complete the short survey, will be entered into a prize draw where 3 MNers will win a £100 voucher each of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

Mariola1984 Thu 12-Sep-19 16:05:54

Me and my little one really enjoy the Little Yeos what we like about it was the texture and creaminess lovely that the product doesn’t have sugar we eat it with fresh fruits and also i use some to bake a cake love it x

alijchappell Thu 12-Sep-19 16:20:27

My child really liked it.

Yes, I would buy it again.

Served on its own and also with fruit.

I liked that it was natural and low sugar and my son liked that it was a thicker texture.

Yes, I would recommend it.

alijchappell Thu 12-Sep-19 16:30:57

My child really liked it.

Yes, I would buy it again.

Served on its own and also with fruit.

I liked that it was natural and no added sugar and my son liked that it was a thicker texture.

Yes, I would recommend it.

Youvegotafriendinme Thu 12-Sep-19 18:26:33

What was your overall opinion of Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais?

Really nice flavour and we liked the thick consistency

If Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot was on sale at a price acceptable to you, would you buy the product in future or not?

Yes we definitely would. The price that Tesco had it on sale was a good price

How did you use Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais for your children?

We tried it plain, made frozen yoghurt with berries and added it to porridge

What did you and your child like about Little Yeos Natural Fromage that you tried?

We had the plain one and we both really liked the flavour and that is was nice and thick. It was nice enough to eat by itself

Would you recommend Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot to a friend or family member with a young child?

Yes absolutely

ilovecake77 Thu 12-Sep-19 18:36:05

it was thick ,creamy and really delicious with fruit or cereal.

- If Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot was on sale at a price acceptable to you, would you buy the product in future or not?
Yes i would

I used it with fruit, and on their weetabix cereal.

- What did you and your child like about Little Yeos Natural Fromage that you tried?
i liked that pot could be recycled and the taste and texture was great.
Also its really versatile.
- Would you recommend Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot to a friend or family member with a young child?
I would recommend as we really liked it.

Hannah4588 Thu 12-Sep-19 18:37:59

i loved being able to give my different aged kids different amounts. Also great that there was no added sugar

yes I would

i used it with frozen fruit for youghurt pots to go in the lunch box. We had some with strawberries and pancakes for breakfast and we put the last ends of it in homemade lollies

That it was versatile and could be used for different meal times. My girls also commented that it was better for the environment that lots of little pots and even said we could use them to grow things

^ definitely would^

luanda111 Thu 12-Sep-19 18:40:54

I really like it! Cute packaging, tasty and healthy fromage frais.

I will definitely repurchase, we love it.

My daughter had it with fresh fruit and seeds.

My daughter loves Little Yeos, because it is tasty. I like it because it is healthy and natural.

Yes, I already have recommended. Best Fromage Frais on the supermarket shelves.

pinxpalette Thu 12-Sep-19 19:21:24

Like other Yeo products, I like the fact that they aren't too sweet compared to other brands.

Yes, they stretch further than the little yogurts.

With chopped up banana, blueberries and strawberries.

My baby is a yogurt monster, quite happily eat it all day. The texture was just right, not too sweet, and I liked the fact the lid is resealable.

Definitely. Good price. Great product

misslj86 Thu 12-Sep-19 19:31:28

I love that it has no added sugar so an healthier alternative to yoghurts so was keen to try it. Also like that it has many uses and can be used with cooking too.
-

If Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais Big Pot was on sale at a price acceptable to you, would you buy the product in future or not?

Yes but I would try another flavour in the brand as my children weren’t keen on this one

Tried to use on its own as a dessert at first but they wouldn’t eat it like that, my youngest ate some after by dipping fruit in it I would use some myself for cooking in the future to make curries milder

What did you and your child like about Little Yeos Natural Fromage that you tried?

Like that it’s a family sized pot so can do a lot of portions, also that it has no added sugar!

Yes especially for babies while weaning it’s ideal and to blend with foods

sherbertlemon17 Thu 12-Sep-19 19:48:50

Nice and creamy. Like the size pot.

Maybe, but I don’t see much difference between this product and a supermarket own natural yoghurt which will
Lore likely be cheaper.

With peaches for pudding, with some cereal at breakfast and on it’s own as part of lunch.

I liked that the packaging can be recycled. The children liked the taste.

Yes and no. Good size pot and taste, but would probably just buy normal natural yoghurt.

Angelfaced Thu 12-Sep-19 20:13:51

My overall opinion was impressed
Yes as my son loved them and I felt better that i was feeding him a natural yogurt as opposed to flavoured.
My son ate it as a desert with a spoon.
We liked the taste and texture
Yes I would as its surprising how tasty natural yogurt is I have to admit I thought it would be a bit bland but it wasnt and my son loved it so I would recommend it and purchase it again.

hairyturkey Thu 12-Sep-19 20:18:00

I like the idea, it's good to have it in a bigger pot and with no sugar. However we use it every night so it could be the same size as the adult 'big pots' and we'd prefer that. Great not to waste loads of plastic.

Yes, we have already been buying it regularly for a few weeks- however we prefer the strawberry one as it's still low in sugar and saves us having to add fruit purée or honey.

For pudding (added a tiny squirt of honey and some fruit, and also with a curry.

Tasted lovely and creamy. Children loved it- though again they prefer the flavoured one.

Yes definitely!

shoebedo434 Thu 12-Sep-19 21:45:48

it was a good size and lasted for a few days as my little one couldn't eat it all in one go. he seemed to enjoy it
I would consider it, being a big tub appeals to me plus you can add in what you like
I firstly gave it to him natural, he seemed ok with it, I then decided to add jam in and mix it up, he seemed to enjoy that more
I liked it was a big pot, filled him up and was healthy. he seemed to enjoy the taste
yes I would

EsmeeMerlin Thu 12-Sep-19 21:58:57

We all really liked the taste, my two sons (5&1) really enjoyed it with some fruit puree for a dessert. I also liked it was a big pot so i could measure out portions.

Yes everyone liked it.

After dinner with a little bit of strawberry puree mixed in.

The taste, very tasty and creamy.

Yes

thisavrous Thu 12-Sep-19 23:02:45

What was your overall opinion of Little Yeos Natural Fromage
Answer: I liked it, so my boy did. I always buy the small pots from this brand and I wanted him to try this range. It is nice, it tastes yummy and my baby really enjoyed eating it. I'm always looking to give him healthy food like this yogurt which contains source of calcium and protein, low sugar, it is also gluten free.

Answer: Yes, I would. I even saw the range at Tesco today and it was on sale/offer, I've bought lots of them so my baby can try all of the flavours.

Answer: On its own, with biscuits,with fruits, as a drink (we usually mix it with water in my country). For breakfast, as a snack for the afternoon, as a drink.

- What did you and your child like about Little Yeos Natural Fromage that you tried? Answer: It was yummy and creamy.

Answer: Yes, I would!

Miax Thu 12-Sep-19 23:41:06

My little ones loved it

Yes, definitely

I used it on its own and also with fruit

It was delicious and the texture was great

Yes, I would

TeePeeCee Fri 13-Sep-19 00:02:52

I quite liked this and was very pleased with the packaging and the taste too.

Yes

They ate it plain and also ate it with fruit mixed into it. It was a snack, really.

My child liked the taste itself. I quite liked the thickness of the product and the size of the pot.

Yes

IWouldBeSuperb Fri 13-Sep-19 06:22:30

It was great! DD loved it and I loved the natural ingredients!
Yes, definitely.
DD had it by itself and with chopped fruit.
It has a really nice flavour, not too sweet and I like that there's no added sugar etc. I also like that the big pot has less packaging so less waste.
Yes - already have actually!

iemma321q Fri 13-Sep-19 09:04:32

Good product that my children enjoyed.
Yes I would if the price was competitive with my usual brand.
With fruit as a dessert on one occasion. To cool down a chilli on another occasion.
The taste.
Yes I would.

ThreeTimesMama Fri 13-Sep-19 11:50:57

We liked it, tested very good.

Yes, I would buy it.

They ate it plain and with bananas.

My children liked the taste and the texture. I liked that it wasn't sweet.

Yes

rfarrelly67 Fri 13-Sep-19 13:11:56

Overall, we really liked the yogurt. The taste was nice and natural. Didn’t taste too sweet and I was happy to give it to my toddler. The pot is bigger than I would normally use. We tend to give Lottie mini pots and she can manage those herself whereas we had to decant whatever we needed into a bowl and make sure once it was opened, it was eaten before it went off.

I think it’s a little expensive. I would expect to pay about £1 at the most for this size pot.

Lottie had a small amount from one of her bowls, plain as a dessert after her dinner.

It wasn’t too sweet, and the taste was lovely. I find with some natural yogurts, there is a weird aftertaste but with this yogurt, there wasn’t that at all which was lovely! It was also lovely and creamy!

Yes definitely. Very happy with it.

Sazzle86 Fri 13-Sep-19 14:00:23

hat was your overall opinion of Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais?
Very happy with this product and 6month old absolutely loves it!
Yes as it has multi uses but I would like there to be more flavour options

After a main meal, with fruit as a dessert
I liked that it wasn’t full of sugar like some of the other yoghurts aimed at children
Yes

missfab Fri 13-Sep-19 15:58:08

it was very good and natural

yes i would buy again

straight from the pot, on its own

good texture and consistency

yes i would

sexyandsweet Fri 13-Sep-19 16:24:06

Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais was a lovely texture and a great sized pot. i would buy the product in the future. i used the Little Yeos Natural Fromage Frais on it's own as a snack for my children. the flavour was lovely and natural. i would recommend this to my friends and family.

misscherry Fri 13-Sep-19 17:36:29

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »