Talk

Advanced search

Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Sleepeezee personalised dog beds

(54 Posts)
YanaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 20-Aug-19 11:22:26

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who have been testing Sleepeezee’s new personalised memory foam dog beds, in either the flat or basket style.

Here’s what Sleepeezee has to say: “British bed manufacturer Sleepeezee is proud to launch a collection of dog beds, in partnership with Battersea Dogs Home, which offer your companion a great sleep. Two distinct styles are available in a selection of sizes and colours, all of which can be personalised with your dogs name on.”

Testers, when you’re ready to give your feedback and have tested washing the bed’s removable cover, please give your feedback by answering the following questions, as well as completing the short survey we’ve emailed you.

What were your overall thoughts on the bed?
What did you think of the look of the bed?
Did you use the embroidery personalisation option? If so what are your thoughts?
Did your dog seem to find the bed comfortable?
How easy did you find washing the bed’s cover?
Would you recommend the bed to friends or family?

If you feel comfortable sharing, we’d love to see images of your dogs testing the beds, too!

All testers who give the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Orchardgreen Fri 23-Aug-19 01:48:06

@ThomasShelbysBunnet, you can wash the main body of the bed. Turn it inside out and there is a zip that goes round the inside of the base.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Fri 23-Aug-19 09:37:54

Thank you for selecting me for this product test.

What were your overall thoughts on the bed? I really like it, I love the colour of the cover & it seems very well made.

It looks lovely

*Did you use the embroidery personalisation
option? If so what are your thoughts?* Yes & I really like it, I hadn’t told my DH I’d asked for personalisation & he thought it was a really good option to have.

Yes, she seemed to, the cats seem to like it too & there’s room for all 3 at once which is a bonus grin

How easy did you find washing the bed’s cover? Fairly easy but I’d already received the email from MN saying it’s easier to turn the basket bed inside out. I’m hoping it won’t need washing too often as it’s her ‘best bed’ for in the living room but she can be fairly mucky so having something washable is always useful.

Would you recommend the bed to friends or family? Yes I probably would if they were looking for a solid bed that seems like it will last for a good few years.

Greenrabbit Fri 23-Aug-19 10:44:57

It was larger than I expected. The mattress and fabric cover are great quality.

It looks very smart. The fabric is lovely.
It was difficult to chose a fabric colour as they are all nice options.

Did you use the embroidery personalisation option? If so what are your thoughts?
Yes I did, it’s a nice option to have. It would be good if you could choose the colour of the embroidery thread too.

Yes, he’s just a puppy and often prefers to lie on the floor instead of in his bed. He lay on the Sleepeezzee bed as soon as it was unwrapped and now he chooses it over the floor.
The children are also enjoying lying beside him and have asked if they can have the same mattresses for their beds.

We have the flat bed and the cover came off easily. It washed well and dried quickly. Easy to put back on as well.
It still looks brand new.

Yes if they wanted to buy a more expensive type of bed then I’d definitely recommend it. It’s great quality and I expect that it will last well.

PearlHeart3 Fri 23-Aug-19 11:30:43

The bed is robust, with good stitching, made from a strong material and holds its shape well. The inner mattress was also quite firm which wasn’t an issue for my dog. He likes to give his bed a bit of a scratch before he settles into it and the material looks like it could withstand the scratching for years to come.

The bed looked lovely and smart. I chose the Pewter coloured bed which has little flecks of white throughout; it goes well with the colour scheme of my lounge where this bed is situated.

Yes, it’s a nice little touch although if the option wasn’t available, I wouldn’t have been put off from buying the bed. The embroidery is well executed and did not fray even after washing the cover.

Yes – even though his previous mattresses/beds have been a lot softer, he seems to enjoy sleeping in this one. It might be because he’s often found snoozing on my own bed which is quite firm. There’s a lot of extra room in the bed when he’s in it (I have the medium sized one) so I think I’ll be adding a blanket to make it a bit cosier in future.

I was advised in the email that turning the basket inside out helps when removing the covers – I can confirm this is the case. The mattress part is separate and the cover for that comes off very easily. The basket has two zips which holds the padding for the basket’s sides (4 side pieces in total); these come out very easily also. I placed the covers in the washing machine at 60 degrees (as advised) and there was no degradation of the fabric after washing. I also gave these an extra spin in the machine before hanging them out to dry on the line. The covers were dry within a few hours and the bed was put back together without issue. I used my usual non-bio washing detergent and conditioner. The covers did not shrink and the shape of the bed is the same as before I washed the covers.

Yes, absolutely. You wouldn’t’ sleep on an inferior mattress, so why would you let your dog sleep on one? That being said, the price might put some people off, but the bed is made to a very high quality and should last for years. I’ve bought dog beds in the past which have ripped or have started to sag within a few months. I don’t think I will be experiencing this with the Sleepeezee dog bed.

Thank you to Mumsnet and Sleepeezee for allowing us to test the bed. It's been a winner in this house.

Honeyroar Fri 23-Aug-19 13:39:39

The website links don't work. How much are the beds? I can't even get a link that goes through by googling.

Alliumlove Fri 23-Aug-19 15:14:34

I love it, and so wish my daft hound did too! It is a bit too big though. I would expect the large size would really be better called extra large. Even fully stretched on the few occasions I have managed to get him on it, he has not covered it all. However, it will fit in our boot perfectly, so I hope that he will use it there, and come to love it.
It is really smart, very tidy, and looks high quality.
I didn't use it. It is a nice option though that I think some people would love.
Did your dog seem to find the bed comfortable? Nope. It absolutely terrified him, so he would not relax. If he could have got over it being so bouncy, I do think he would have come round to it, but the spring back when he stepped on it really frightened him (hopefully not many dogs are this stupid). However, when we did persuade him to lie on it he looked really well supported.
How easy did you find washing the bed’s cover? It was great. This is unusual for a dog bed, because in our experience, even really expensive ones disintegrate to some extent when you wash them. A huge plus.
Would you recommend the bed to friends or family? Definitely, though obviously with the caveat that it would have to be a dog used to stepping up on to a bed (he currently has a scruffy pile of blankets on the floor) who would perhaps just flop rather than pace and curl to get comfy. Maybe one who is used to getting up on a sofa. This is definitely a 'it's not you it is me' scenario! grin

Celebelly Fri 23-Aug-19 15:44:11

Really well made and attractive. Nice and firm and big enough for my spaniel to sprawl out on

V attractive, looked nice in any room in our house and didn't show dirt
Yes, it was a nice touch but I wouldn't pay extra for it on an already expensive bed.*

Yep, she happily lay on it and my mum's dog came to stay for the weekend and slept on it overnight and seemed to love it

How easy did you find washing the bed’s cover?*
V**ery easy, and it came out looking just like new. It had got very muddy after a messy puddle walk so good that it's so easy to wash. *

Would you recommend?

*I would. I think cheap beds are a false economy (we used to buy cheap beds but were getting through several a year) particularly if you have a mucky dog!
My mum is considering getting one for her dog now. *

CharlesChickens Fri 23-Aug-19 18:30:08

It is surprisingly sturdy. The padded beds I have seen have less structure. This has sides that don’t get squashed down, so inbetween a solid bed and a padded, cushiony sort of bed, but the structure is not at all hard, just well put together.

What did you think if the look of the bed?
It looks good quality. The fabric is really nice, the bed is obviously strong and well made. The sides are nice and high to allow my dog to really snuggle in. It is a smart looking bed, both style and substance. I have looked at lots of dog beds and even the really expensive ones don’t often look very well made, but this does, which is great.

Did you use the embroidery personalisation? If so what are your thoughts?
I did, and I really like it. I think Vesta has no opinion either way, but it makes me happy ! ...

Yes, she did. I was still in bed when it arrived (lie in) and Dh brought it up, so I opened it on my bed. Vesta got straight into it and cuddled down.

How easy did you find washing the cover?
Very straightforward. I used my normal eco liquid, and washed it on a delicate setting at thirty degrees. I line dried it on my drying rack. No shrinkage, and the fabric looks as good as before washing. I have found washing beds a huge hassle in the past, so this is a really great result and something that is normally hard to predict until you have already bought a bed. My last dog had a bed that was “washable” but the entire bed had to go into the machine, so it never really got clean. Not so here. Excellent result.

Would you recommend the bed to friends or family
Absolutely. I was happy to be chosen, as I have been hunting for a bed, (but getting confused by the huge range of options and difference in pricing), but the bed has definitely exceeded my expectations. It is better quality than any other bed I have looked at, and the ease of washing the cover is such a boon. This is a bed that will last, and keep my dog comfortable as she gets older (she is five).
I am really delighted with it.
I agree with pp that cheap dog beds are a false economy, for the planet as well as for the wallet. Not even cheap ones actually, my old dog had two beds from an interiors sort of company, but although they looked attractive as they had nice printed fabric, they were impossible to get clean, and quickly looked tatty. They were about fifty pounds each quite a few years ago, so mid range , and both ended up in the bin far too quickly, given the cost.
Vesta has been in a crate on a big cushion, mainly because I didn’t want to waste money again, but I couldn’t work out how to differentiate between beds, to find one that would last and was well made, and easy to wash. This is just what I was looking for.

CharlesChickens Fri 23-Aug-19 18:43:32

I forgot to add, in case anyone reading is wondering about sizing- I have the medium bed, as she is a medium sort of breed (Irish terrier) and there is enough room, but as she is tallish and long, she is probably at the top of the size range of fitting the bed nicely, (in terms of length of her, neck to tail base). Any bigger breed than her would need the large I think, but a beagle, cocker spaniel , staffie etc would have plenty of room in the medium. The bed is a good size, some beds seem to be ridiculously tiny.

mummabubs Fri 23-Aug-19 21:06:54

Just to add to my previous review we've had some progress- I went to Pets at Home and bought a cheap fleece throw to put on top and he's finally got on it to sleep for the first time! (He's not a fussy dog at all...!) hmmgrin

Jammiebammie Fri 23-Aug-19 21:47:51

I really like this bed (so does jammiedog!) It was much larger than expected which is great and it seems very comfortable and durable, love the fact it can be washed at 60 too.

Really nice. Lovely colours to fit with decor, and although big it isn’t garish. The sides are nicely padded so it doesn’t flop after a while like other beds have and has maintained its shape so far.

Yes we used the embroidery option. The kids were excited to see the dogs name on the bed, but I personally think the font was a bit small and too offset for my liking. I wouldn’t pay £20 for it to be personalised, perhaps if there were other fonts or thread colours I would.

Absolutely! He never moved from it at all the whole first day we got it. He sets his blanket in it daily now and looks adorable snuggling up and resting his head on the sides.

I had to get my dd to remove the covers as I’m disabled and couldn’t manage myself. The tip to turn the bed inside out first really helped and although the cover were slightly stiff to remove, it wasn’t as bad as I had expected. They washed beautifully at 60 with no shrinking or colour run whatsoever.

I really would, yes, and already have to my mum. The price was slightly off putting to start with, but I can really see with the quality why it costs that amount. I’ve probably spent more on cheaper beds that don’t last, and I can tell this will last for years.

Thank you for picking us to test this bed.

Alliumlove Fri 23-Aug-19 22:28:05

Update!!!
My lovely daft hound has slept on the bed all evening! He even rearranged his overly long legs and stayed on it! It will be staying. I so pleased. grin

CharlesChickens Fri 23-Aug-19 23:12:34

I love seeing all the other dogs on their beds.

Alicewond Wed 28-Aug-19 03:16:28

Strange how all the people who received freebies gave good reviews. Yet wasn’t this recently on amazon shut down as fraudulent activity?

Alliumlove Wed 28-Aug-19 10:28:23

Alicewond that is a really weird and offensive thing to say. I for one and am sure others would have been happy to be negative if it was warranted. The beds really are of high quality, and my only issues are noted in the review. ie that it is a bit big even for my large lurcher, and that he is slightly wary of it. If you have concerns over the way that the reviews are gathered, then address it with MN direct rather than implying that those who did the reviews are in any way dishonest.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Wed 28-Aug-19 10:54:08

Alice I’ve given negative feedback on product test threads before now. As Allium has said in this case it genuinely is a good product.

mummabubs Wed 28-Aug-19 12:57:14

Please read my review @Alicewond ... it's fair! I say it is very well-made (which it truly is!), but also very expensive and my dog rejected it throughout the trial so I'm not sure I'd feel able to recommend it to others. I found your comment rather odd to be honest, I can't tell what you were wanting to achieve by it but please rest assured my review was honest.

CharlesChickens Wed 28-Aug-19 13:43:43

Alicewond that is so insulting to all of us. Product tests are common on Mumsnet, I have taken part in a couple prior to this. The feedback is always brutally honest, I have never felt under any obligation to lie , that isn’t how these tests work.
I have left very positive feedback here because it is a really good bed, the best I have seen, and I have looked at loads as I have been trying to find a decent bed for my dog for a while.
The reason there is such a cohesive response here is that this is a good quality product, not because Mumsnet have somehow only sent us the beds to try on the understanding we leave positive feedback.
Sign up to try something, then you will see how transparent this process is. Or look at other test reviews.

LemonAddict Wed 28-Aug-19 13:45:46

I felt under no obligation to leave a positive review. I left an honest review.

Sour grapes perhaps Alicewond, did you apply but not get selected?

picklemepopcorn Wed 28-Aug-19 13:59:21

What do you mean about amazon, @Alicewond ? Do you mean the company? Or the practice of giving people products to review?

My review highlighted a couple of areas which could be improved, as well as a couple of features I was impressed by.

Tillysnewbed Wed 28-Aug-19 19:43:32

Don't worry @Alicewond we have also been sent some Tilda Rice samples to try (the toddler not the dog) and unfortunately these have been met with a tongue stuck out and 'yacky' several times now. It's going to be difficult to put a positive spin on that one 😂

(But I think people have been very honest with their reviews - it's a good product overall 🤷‍♀️.)

GloGirl Mon 02-Sep-19 21:07:05

Squee! This thread did not disappoint! What handsome doggies.

JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 03-Sep-19 11:06:59

Thanks all for giving your feedback! The winner of the prize draw is @Cuckoolu grin

Jammiebammie Wed 04-Sep-19 17:25:19

Well done @Cuckoolu 👏🏼

Honeyroar Wed 04-Sep-19 19:04:46

@JustineBMumsnet could you let them know that the links to their website don't work please. I'd be interested to find out more..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »