Talk

Advanced search

Find out what MNers have to say about Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash

(102 Posts)
AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Jul-19 16:17:22

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who tested Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash. This test was open to all UK MNers.

Here is some more information about the Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash: “In a modern age of increasingly busy lifestyles and diary-filled days it’s easy to neglect things like oral health. Whether it’s healthy foods or sweet treats that you enjoy the most as snacks, tucking into acidic or sugary food and drink weakens your teeth enamel. While brushing does help to take care of your oral health, brushing just your teeth only targets 25% of your mouth*, Listerine® mouthwash targets virtually 100%.”

Testers please answer the following questions:

- What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset?
- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ?
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store?
- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family?

Selected testers were required to test out the product as part of their normal daily routine for 1-2 weeks. Testers are asked to leave a review (whether positive or negative) on the Listerine website and also on this feedback thread. All testers who leave feedback on the feedback thread will be entered into a prize draw** where 3 MNers will win a £100 VEX Gift Certificate which can be redeemed for any voucher on the voucher express website.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw
MNHQ

This product is not suitable for children under the age of 12
*From study representing teeth surface area measurements
UK/LI/19-13725c

**UK residents only, 18+. Must be a registered member of Mumsnet. Enter from10:00am on 8/07/19 to 5:00pm on 29/07/19. To participate, sign up to a Listerine® Nightly Reset product review and give valid feedback (whether positive or negative) on the product on the Listerine® Nightly Reset feedback thread on Mumsnet. Only 1 entry per person. Prizes available are 3 x £100 VEX Gift Certificates exchangeable on voucherexpress.co.uk. Prize is subject to voucher express T&Cs. Full T&Cs can be found here. Promoter: Mumsnet Limited of Studio 13-16 Deane House Studios, 27 Greenwood Place, London, NW5 1LB, GB

anitagreen Mon 09-Sep-19 15:33:53

THANK YOU grin

AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 09-Sep-19 13:34:59

Thanks for all your feedback and congratulations to @IHeartKingThistle, @anitagreen, and @elrider for winning the vouchers!

Caselgarcia Wed 31-Jul-19 19:47:07

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset?
Very satisfied
I liked the mild taste which was long lasting
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
Compares very well as I find some mouthwashes too harsh with a strong taste

Probably
Yes

Phoenixrise Wed 31-Jul-19 15:19:55

Ok

Liked the flavor as less harsh than others. Disliked the fact it’s advised to use after brushing.

Much better flavour, doesn’t burn

No

Probably not

glitterbiscuits Wed 31-Jul-19 13:32:31

It had a pleasant taste. I like having a really clean mouth.
I don't like the idea of washing away the fluoride from my tooth paste with a weaker flouride strength. This is not an idea that dentists would recommend as far as I know.

I can't think of any mouthwash that has stuck in my mind. I buy what's on special offer!
Maybe. Has it got a higher fluoride concentration than average mouthwashes?
Maybe. It has a good flavour, neither too strong nor too weak. However I think it should come with different instructions approved by dentists.

noideawhat Mon 29-Jul-19 17:02:36

Very satisfied

What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ?

Really like the mild but fresh and minty taste.

If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?

It tastes much less harsh!

Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store?

Yes, depending on price and size of bottle. I prefer buying bigger 1l bottles.

Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family?

Yes

JaimeBronde Sun 28-Jul-19 23:49:58

Not satisfied

It tasted insipid & when used overnight I would wake up with a sticky mouth. It also made my tooth surfaces feel slippy.
It's also expensive.
I find the strapline 'Remineralises your teeth' meaningless why not say 'Protects your teeths strength' or *Keeps teeth strong all day & all night'
The only things I liked about it were the colour of the product & the bottle shape & feel of the bottle in my hand

Compared to the other Listerine mouthwashes I've used, Nightly Reset is poor.

No

No I would not recommend it

Moraxella Sun 28-Jul-19 12:11:27

Satisfied, maybe not enough to switch from corsodyl

Mild taste and aimed at enamel protection

This was first listerine mouthwash use

Yes if on offer

Have recommended already to partner, feel it offers more enamel protection.

Noonemournsthewicked Fri 26-Jul-19 20:06:18

Quite satisfied

The picture in the front reminded me to use it which sounds daft but it was definitely a trigger. I've used more of this in a few weeks than I have of my old mouthwash in months.

Much milder taste. I found that I would still wake up with morning breath after using this product compared to stronger listerine products.

Yes especially if it was on offer.

If the subject came up. I wouldn't start a conversation about it.

MrsArchchancellorRidcully Wed 24-Jul-19 10:47:06

Sorry, I missed out the first question - I was satisfied overall with it.

MrsArchchancellorRidcully Wed 24-Jul-19 10:46:15

- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ? I liked the fact that you can use it straight after brushing, as this is what stops me using mouthwash as I always forgot it!

- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare? I liked it. It wasn't too harsh in taste and was quite pleasant.

- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store? Yes, probabyly, though some of the feedback mentions not using anything after brushing which is slightly worrying.

Yes I would.

churchgate Tue 23-Jul-19 13:26:13

Neither satisfied or dissatisfied

The mild taste

I won't be switching from listenine whiting mouthwash

No

No

Thank you for the opportunity to try this mouthwash. I don't use any other mouthwash brands. So it was good to try this one. For me I'll be sticking with the whitening one.

Jenacles Tue 23-Jul-19 12:08:17

Overall I was very satisfied with the mouthwash

There was nothing I disliked about it. I liked the mild flavour, and it left my mouth fresh without being at all overpowering. I didn't notice much if a difference to my teeth, but it was nice to use

I couldn't tell too much of a difference, it just seemed milder

If it wasn't too expensive then yes, it is plesant to use

I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it, but if it came up in conversation I would.

IHeartKingThistle Mon 22-Jul-19 22:50:16

Fairly satisfied.

I liked the mild taste and my teeth look shiny but the flip side of the mild taste is that I'm not sure it's doing much!

Much more palatable! We usually have the huge bottles though - if this only comes in the smaller bottle we'd get through it a bit too quickly I think.

As a slightly weird aside, I suffer with regular mouth ulcers and normal Listerine knocks them on the head a treat - this one doesn't.

Possibly.

If they particularly wanted a mouthwash that didn't taste horrible, yes!

Thanks!

zeromango Mon 22-Jul-19 22:30:11

It was ok, it didn't stand out among standard mouthwash.

Taste was too strong, but we liked the packaging

Seemed almost identical to other Listerine mouthwashes

- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store
No as I kept forgetting to use it at night

No it wasn't anything special and my teeth didn't feel any different

Grendel90 Mon 22-Jul-19 11:44:38

Overall, I was happy with it. I think it’s difficult to tell with mouthwash whether it’s really doing anything, but my teeth did feel quite shiny and clean after using it. Haven’t used it long enough to know whether it really prevents cavities, but given the high amount of Fluoride in it, I assume it does, so that’s a good reason to use it. I didn’t really dislike anything about it, and I especially liked the taste of it, it reminded me of the taste of Euthymol toothpaste, which I really like, but it’s quite a strong/unusual taste so I can imagine lots of other people might really dislike it. I have used Listerine mouthwashes in the past, I can’t really remember much about them to compare, but I don’t remember them tasting like this one so I guess I would say I prefer it to their other mouthwashes that I have tried because of the taste. I would probably purchase this mouthwash again to help with preventing cavities because I’m quite prone to them and already have too many, so anything I can do to help with that I’m willing to try, but I would be unlikely to recommend it to friends/family because I just don’t tend to recommend products to other people.

Jakie7700 Fri 19-Jul-19 19:57:36

Very good

Liked that it made my mouth feel really clean and fresh.

This was much better than other products as it did not have that burn sensation other Listerine product can have.

Yes I probably would

Yes I think I would

elrider Fri 19-Jul-19 08:46:49

Satisfied! I would buy it again.
The taste is great and even when I wake up, I still feel quite clean (less bed breath!). I didn't like that it told me to rinse after brushing. I have Invisalign so I brushed my teeth and put my braces back in after dinner, then used this mouthwash an hour or two later before going to bed. I don't think you should rinse straight after brushing.
I usually use one of the Listerine ones with alcohol as I felt like the stinging was getting me more "clean" but after using this, I wouldn't go back. It has a nice flavour (I would buy mints that taste like this) and was nice and gentle, but still made my teeth and mouth feel really clean.
Yes as long as it's not much more expensive than the others.
Yes.

Anusia86 Wed 17-Jul-19 20:42:58

I liked it, the taste was nice and it lasted for a long time

It says nightly reset on the bottle but still ske you to use it after every brushing, so morning time as well, not sure about it.

I didn't use Listerine products before, so can't really say.

I think so it is nice addition to my routine.

Definetly yes, it has a good taste and long lasting after taste, tick all the boxes.

fishonabicycle Wed 17-Jul-19 17:28:22

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset? Satisfied
- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ? Good taste. Left mouth fresh
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare? NA
- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store? Probably
- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family? I can't see myself ever recommending something like a mouthwash to be honest!

GinGeum Wed 17-Jul-19 13:18:44

I liked it, the taste was better than I was expecting

Not so much ‘dislike’ but a little confused about the directions to use after brushing as I thought it was better used at different times. Other than that, I liked the taste and that it didn’t burn my mouth apart! I did also feel as though my teeth felt stronger

I like the taste of other Listerine mouthwashes but they are often far, far too strong for me and I can’t keep it in my mouth longer than 10 seconds. This was much better. I normally avoid ‘mild’ tasting mouthwashes because they never seem as minty or fresh, but this had the right balance of fresh without the burn.

Probably, if I was buying mouthwash I would probably reach for this one

I can’t say we discuss mouthwash all that often but if someone was specifically asking, I would say I liked this one

BettyStogs Tue 16-Jul-19 20:00:26

I wasn't keen. Tasted too strong for me and felt like I was going to get mouth ulcers so stopped using after a few days. Not sure what the USP was as I thought it was normal to use mouthwash at the start and end of the day so the whole 'works while you sleep' was lost on me.
Didn't like the taste or the harshness
Not used previously
No
No although DH has also used it and seems quite happy with it

weebarra Tue 16-Jul-19 13:28:53

It was ok

Not as harsh tasting
Milder
If it was on offer
Yes

billybear Tue 16-Jul-19 08:37:12

1 overall hate is not to much,i thought it was terrible left terrible taste in my mouth far too strong2 no like to this product just HATE tastes terrible nearly could strip paint its so strong ,bottle says milder taste thank god i did not try the strong one ,3 not used listerine before and will never use again 4 no would never buy it 5 no would not recommend to friends and family.hate giving a bad review but i am honest. have over the years testing a lot of products for mumsnet from school uniform to crisps,this it=s the only product i have actually hated

Betsy86 Mon 15-Jul-19 22:42:14

Very satisfied

I likes that it made my mouth feel extra fresh after brushing. The taste was strange at first but after the first rinse soon got used to it and liked it!

If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
Not as strong Tasting but did the job!

Yes definitely

Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family?
Yes it does make you feel extra fresh after using it and teeth/breath felt extra clean so would recommend

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »