Talk

Advanced search

Find out what MNers have to say about Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash

(102 Posts)
AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Jul-19 16:17:22

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who tested Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash. This test was open to all UK MNers.

Here is some more information about the Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash: “In a modern age of increasingly busy lifestyles and diary-filled days it’s easy to neglect things like oral health. Whether it’s healthy foods or sweet treats that you enjoy the most as snacks, tucking into acidic or sugary food and drink weakens your teeth enamel. While brushing does help to take care of your oral health, brushing just your teeth only targets 25% of your mouth*, Listerine® mouthwash targets virtually 100%.”

Testers please answer the following questions:

- What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset?
- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ?
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store?
- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family?

Selected testers were required to test out the product as part of their normal daily routine for 1-2 weeks. Testers are asked to leave a review (whether positive or negative) on the Listerine website and also on this feedback thread. All testers who leave feedback on the feedback thread will be entered into a prize draw** where 3 MNers will win a £100 VEX Gift Certificate which can be redeemed for any voucher on the voucher express website.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw
MNHQ

This product is not suitable for children under the age of 12
*From study representing teeth surface area measurements
UK/LI/19-13725c

**UK residents only, 18+. Must be a registered member of Mumsnet. Enter from10:00am on 8/07/19 to 5:00pm on 29/07/19. To participate, sign up to a Listerine® Nightly Reset product review and give valid feedback (whether positive or negative) on the product on the Listerine® Nightly Reset feedback thread on Mumsnet. Only 1 entry per person. Prizes available are 3 x £100 VEX Gift Certificates exchangeable on voucherexpress.co.uk. Prize is subject to voucher express T&Cs. Full T&Cs can be found here. Promoter: Mumsnet Limited of Studio 13-16 Deane House Studios, 27 Greenwood Place, London, NW5 1LB, GB

carolineandbaby Tue 09-Jul-19 01:43:34

Really positive I really believe it made a difference to the cleanliness of my teeth

I really liked the milder mint flavour before bed and how clean my teeth felt
In the morning especially the first morning after trying it it felt like my teeth had been self Cleaning over night.

- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
Really Powerful night time cleaning with a really great mild flavour however you would probs my want one of the other listerine mouthwashes for the morning / daytime that have a stronger mint flavour.

Definitely. It has changed my oral routine and my eldest child now uses mouthwash because she can cope with this milder mint flavour.

Yes I already have. It’s brilliant. I have been recommending to anyone I can bring it up in conversation with

Gembo78 Tue 09-Jul-19 06:44:43

I wasn't really a fan - sorry,

I didnt like the taste, it was like the mouthwash at the dentist but stronger.

I haven't used listerine before. I use another brand and the flavour of that is preferable.

No.

No.

WowOoo Tue 09-Jul-19 08:34:52

Thank you for letting me test this.

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset?
Satisfied. I thought as it is meant to be powerful that it would have a strong flavour and aftertaste, but pleasantly surprised.
I had to use Corsodyl when I had a tooth infection once. It was extremely strong and also stained my teeth.Much preferred this.

I wouldn't say my breath was fresh when I woke up but certainly less fuzzy than usual!

I liked the flavour a lot. At first it reminded me of the fresh smell at a dentists. I think it might be similar to disclosing tablets or something. Really nice. Not too strong.
I also like the colour and the packaging.

I have never bought Listerine mouthwash before, so can't compare.

If the price was right, yes I would.

Absolutely.

ConfusedLlama Tue 09-Jul-19 09:56:09

Quite Satisfied.

What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ?
I felt the taste was far too strong and it rally stung on my tongue. I did like that it left my teeth feeling very smooth and clean.

If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
I’ve use listerine currently, the nightly reset does make my teeth feel really smooth in comparison to my normal mouthwash and my breath was certainly VERY minty.

Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store?
I think it would depend how much it was in comparison to the other mouthwashes, personally I take no enjoyment out of burning my tongue for extra money and some smoother teeth.

Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family?
My partner loves minty flavours and he quite liked the Nightly reset, so I’d probably recommend it to someone who likes mint.

shumway Tue 09-Jul-19 10:23:47

It was ok.
Didn't like that the measuring instructions were a faff and I just poured some in the lid as a guess. Tasted a bit too sweet as well.
If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
About the same.
Probably not.
Maybe.

nickygibbo Tue 09-Jul-19 10:58:50

Since having my little boy (after pregnancy) I have really suffered with my gum health and having a dry mouth so I have been look long
for a product that can help me to gain the confidence again with my teeth. I have been so conscious about my breath and teeth just because I didn’t know how they looked or if I had bad breath and would even hold back from talking to people in the mornings just in case. I jumped at the opportunity to test this mouthwash and I’ve been really impressed with the results. The mouthwash has helped to prevent plaque and my mouth feels more fresh and enamel is looking stronger. Even when I wake up my mouth feels so much better and deep cleaned and that’s by far by favourite thing about it! I think it’s USP is that it works overnight and it gives me peace of mind. The mint flavour leaves my mouth feeling fresher for longer. I will definitely recommend this to family and friends!smile

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Tue 09-Jul-19 11:05:26

a bit mixed to be honest
my teeth do feel cleaner and smoother, and a niggling ache in one of them seems to have gone. But, I hate the taste, it reminds me of something in hospitals which I can't quite pin down, very medically, and I can't taste mint at all. I also don't like the black lid, a clear or white one with a line marking the volume of mouthwash to use would be preferable.
haven't used Listerine before, but the other ones I've used have had a much more pleasant taste
no, as the taste isn't for me, if I hadn't committed to this trial, I wouldn't have used it a second time.
probably yes, but with the caveat that the taste wasn't for me.

DownRightAmazing Tue 09-Jul-19 11:33:29

Good, DH and I both tested it and both like it.

We both liked the flavour/taste - it isn't as stingy as a lot of mint mouthwashes (which DH particularly hates). It felt mild and pleasant to use. *

This felt gentler, more pleasant to use. Hard to say how effective it is without asking a dentist though!*

If it was good value I definitely would*

Yes, esp if the prefer a milder taste...

dtrubbish Tue 09-Jul-19 11:39:40

LISTERINE® Nightly Reset – I have been using this now 2x a day to see the impact it has on my mouth/teeth and breath. I have to say I am quite impressed – love the fact it is not too overpowering in terms of it’s taste and general feel when I am rinsing my mouth with it.
Listerine says it ‘remineralizes enamel to strengthen teeth thanks to its high level of fluoride’-all I know is it makes my breath smell better, mouth feel cleaning after use and even when I wake up in the morning.
I do feel it provides a deep clean which in turn will help with reducing plaque build-up/build-up of germs, nasty smells and help to prevent cavities/tooth decay.
Great size bottle easy to use and dispense what you need to rinse your mouth out.
I have to say I will be buying this again and using it as part of my routine – great mouthwash, highly recommend!
Really enjoyed this product test, thanks smile

dtrubbish Tue 09-Jul-19 11:43:20

- What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset? Great flavour not too harsh, great flavour, long lasting impact overnight.
- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset? I think it’s quite expensive ranging between £3-£6 and for a mouth wash and living on limited budget this is likely to be out of some households budget range.
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare? Much better I have previously stopped buying it as find the flavours too strong they actually hurt my gums/tongue-this Nightly reset however is great.
- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store? Yes depending on cost.
- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family? Yes and have already told a few people about it – highly recommend.

sandichshortofapicnic Tue 09-Jul-19 13:48:25

100% satisfied the fresh breath feeling was long lasting and encouraged me not to snack after breakfast.

I actually really liked the taste. Reminded me of the dentist and was not overly strong. Also left my teeth very smooth and plaque free

Yes i have uses Listerine before and found this flavour alot more bearable. Other minty ones are too strong for me.

Yes I would depending on price.

Yes I wouldsmile

cannotmakemymindup Tue 09-Jul-19 16:36:41

100% satisfied. Really really impressed.

- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset?
I loved how fresh and clean my teeth felt throughout the day. Plus extra fresh breath even upon waking. Only dislike was the instructions for x 3 tsp - who has a teaspoon in their bathroom so kept a small glass in bathroom exclusively for the mouthwash.

NA

I really would purchase it.

Yes I would highly recommend it.

GenuineKlatchianPottery Tue 09-Jul-19 17:34:20

8/10
It did actually make my mouth feel fresh, and still felt fairly fresh the following morning. However I wish it was a little more minty and a little less medicinal tasting
About the same
Probably, if it was on offer
Yes, if it came up in conversation

lorka Tue 09-Jul-19 17:36:39

I really liked it. grin
I liked the way my teeth felt afterwards - they felt really clean and smooth.
I wasn't sure about using it after brushing though as my dentist has told me to use mouthwash beforehand.
I liked the taste better - it wasn't as strong or as nippy as some. I also thought my teeth felt cleaner after using it compared to others.
I will definitely buy it again.
I would recommend it to friends and family as I feel it is very effective.

starlingsintheslipstream Tue 09-Jul-19 23:07:47

Thanks for the chance to test the mouthwash.

Very satisfied. I've not used mouthwash before but I am trying to improve my oral hygiene and I've come to enjoy the twice daily ritual.

At first use I found it a bit weird and too tingly but I've grown to like it. It reminds me of that straight-out-of-the-dentist feel when your mouth is really clean.

I disliked the measuring instructions. I have been using a measuring spoon as recommended but it's a faff. I expected the cap to be a measure but maybe that's not considered hygienic.

Also, it's given me pause for thought with previous posters saying they've been warned off using mouthwash straight after brushing.

N/a. I've not used any other mouthwash full stop.

Yes, I already have. Boots are doing it half price, at £3 a bottle so I bought a couple.

Yes definitely.

ThreeTimesMama Wed 10-Jul-19 10:49:37

I liked it.

I liked it mid flavour. There weren't burning sensation and in the morning the breath and taste in the mouth was good.

I think it was better in taste and after taste.

Yes, I would.

Definitely.

DurhamDurham Wed 10-Jul-19 14:19:21

I really liked the taste and my mouth felt really clean. I did find the name confusing once I'd read the instructions about using it twice a day, also the packaging alludes to the night time. I would use the item again, probably not follow the instructions to the letter as I've been advised to not use mouthwash after brushing. I'd use it at different times to brushing or before brushing.

The instructions weren't helpful given current advice which I've been given by my dentist. I like the name, it attracted me to the product but in reality it can be used at any time of the day so it's a bit confusing really.

Much nicer than usual Listerine, I find other Listerine mouthwash to be very strong and rather harsh, I've worried about it eroding rather than protecting my teeth. This mouthwash is fresh and left my mouth feeling clean but it has a gentle feel to it.

I think I would buy it again, I liked the clean sensation and the packaging, I liked the name (even though it's a bit confusing given that you can use it any time) I think the price is fine, good value if the product works and it seems to. I would liked the bottle to be bigger as a family would get through it quickly, I like mouthwashes to last a couple of weeks so that I don't have to buy a bottle every week with my food shopping.

I would recommend to family and friends, I've already bought a bottle for each of my two grown up girls as they liked my bottle. I've had positive feedback from them, as they liked the fresh, clean feeling too. Thanks for the opportunity to try out this new product!

anitagreen Wed 10-Jul-19 14:26:34

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset? Hated it the taste the smell was too much for me
- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ? The taste was vile and the smell overpowering
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?its the worst one I've tried
- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store? No chance
- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family? No

anitagreen Wed 10-Jul-19 14:27:10

I wasn't satisfied at all it did make my teeth feel stronger but it was ruined by the overpowering chemical taste

Angiemum24 Wed 10-Jul-19 15:19:00

I really liked it..

I loved the fresh feeling and that it lasted till the morning. My husband even commented which is fab because I usually have awful morning breath.
Only thing I didn’t like was the taste as it was a bit strong but it wouldn’t put me off using it in the future.

I have used listerine in the past but nightly reset lasts hours

Yes

Yes

Mrbay Thu 11-Jul-19 09:03:20

- What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset? - really liked it, my teeth feel cleaner and less sensitive
- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ? It doesn't taste like Listerine. I really like that my teeth are less sensitive. Also breath remains fresh for hours
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare? I've not found the taste too strong
- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store? Yep, I will be buying it again once the bottle is empty
Yes, I will be asking my husband to use it

Thank you for selecting me to trial this

SJ90W Thu 11-Jul-19 09:37:37

- What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset? I thought it was okay, it did not wow me. I was satisfied.
- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ? I found the flavour bland and didn't give me a refreshing feeling. I did like the increased fluoride.
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare? Very bland in flavour and lacks the long lasting refreshing feeling.
- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store? Possibly, dependent on price.
- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family? Not really.

I love the idea, I usually refrain from mouthwashing at night as not to wash away the benefits of toothpaste, this has allowed me to mouthwash at night but I didn't feel the benefits of it.

blackleggingsandatshirt Thu 11-Jul-19 10:04:10

I really liked this product.

I liked the fact that it is designed to undo the damage I may have done to my teeth, and the long lasting taste after rinsing in the morning, and how fresher my mouth felt after using it a night.

It is much nicer, the previous versions of Listerine tasted quite harsh and a bit 'stingy'

Yes --- where is it stocked ???

I already have - to my mum, and will to my wider family.

lovemyflipflops Thu 11-Jul-19 10:52:14

I was very satisfied with the product, the instructions were clear on who should use it, how much should be used and what benefits you are getting from using the product.

I liked the long lasting taste and freshness - the product was obviously working longer than my usual mouthwash (supermarket own brand) particularly in the morning - I could really tell the difference.

It is not as harsh, and does not leave my teeth feel coated as it did with my previous 'branded' mouthwash.

I found that £3.00 per bottle is a little too expensive for me (being on a tight budget) but if it was on offer, I would seriously consider it.

foreverhanging Thu 11-Jul-19 11:23:35

I liked it

I liked the taste. I enjoyed that it didn't make my mouth burn - most mouthwashes are too strong for me. I do bite the inside of my cheeks due to anxiety/habit so often can't use mouthwash as it's too painful.

It feels fresher and gentler to my mouth.

Yes I think I would.

Yes my husband wants to use it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »