Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a Sky Broadband account and a child aged 6-12? Want to test their new Buddy app for managing screen time? Over £126 saving for each tester and 3 x £100 vouchers to be won

(47 Posts)
AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Jun-19 16:26:43

Sky Broadband are looking for Mumsnet users to test out their new app, Sky Broadband Buddy, which allows parents to have control over their family’s internet usage by being able to pause your internet, filter sites and manage screen time.

This product test is open to all UK MNers who have at least one child aged 6-12 and have a Sky Broadband account with Sky Hub 2 or later, and an Android or iOS device that you own.

Selected testers will be given:
- An exclusive offer for Sky Broadband’s newest Fibre product, Sky Broadband Superfast and Sky Broadband Boost for just £18.99 per month (Currently £29.50pm) with a 12 month minimum term, which is a saving of £126 over the course of the year*

To become a tester, Sky will need to sign you up to the above package. As a part of the sign up process, Sky will need to confirm if you're eligible to take part. The easiest way for them to do this is by checking your account number, but if you're not able to find this easily you can sign up giving details of the email address you believe to be linked to your Sky Broadband account. We will be selecting eligible testers at random following this process and Sky will give you a call to get you set up.

Here’s what Sky Broadband have to say: “In May we launched our brand new app, Sky Broadband Buddy, which gives parents the ultimate level of control over their family’s internet usage. Buddy takes parental controls to the next level with its market leading features such as being able to pause your internet, filter sites and manage screen time on devices on WiFi and mobile data.”

If you are interested in getting this offer and becoming a tester for Sky Broadband Buddy, please fill out the following survey and if you are successful, we will let you know via email, and Sky will call you via the number attached to your Sky account to set you up with the new package.

Selected testers will be required to leave their feedback on a thread on Mumsnet and fill in a short survey. Everyone who leaves the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where 3 MNers will win a £100 voucher each of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

*New 12-month minimum terms for Sky Broadband Superfast (£18.99 per month (pm), including line rental), Sky Broadband Boost (£0 pm) and Sky Talk Evening & Weekend Calls (£0 pm). You will receive the fastest Sky Fibre service available in your area. Standard prices apply after 12 months (currently Sky Broadband Superfast: £32pm, Sky Broadband Boost: £5pm and Sky Talk Evening & Weekend Calls: £5pm). Sky Broadband Superfast average download speed: 59Mb/s. Sky Broadband Buddy requires activation. Sky Broadband Buddy app required on compatible device running iOs 10+ or Android 5+ (sky.com/sky-broadband-buddy for device and software requirements). Sky recommends that all devices connected to internet are protected with anti-virus software at all times. General: Prices may go up during your subscription. External Factors such as internet congestion and home wiring can affect speed. Wi-Fi speeds vary by device and home entertainment. See sky.com for more details and our usage policies and to check your local speeds. Non-standard set-up may cost extra. You must get any consents required (e.g. landlord's). This offer isn't available with any other offers. UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residential customers only. Further terms apply.

daisy913 Wed 12-Jun-19 23:19:35

Signed up grin *fingers crossed*

Scoleah Thu 13-Jun-19 11:15:27

@AbbiCMumsnet Does the price include line Rental? Or is that on top also?

Scoleah Thu 13-Jun-19 11:17:39

Sorry just read the t&c in Bold underneath! Sorry read it all too quickly! blush

AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 13-Jun-19 14:38:48

@Scoleah No problem - glad to see you've found your answer in the T&Cs already!

If anyone has any questions about how to take part please let us know smile

Kay2Kay Mon 17-Jun-19 04:44:37

Message deleted by MNHQ as it was posted in the wrong place.

Scoleah Mon 17-Jun-19 11:26:58

@Kay2Kay I think you've posted on the Wrong Board, maybe ask @mumsnet to get it moved x

SevenWhinesForSevenMothers Tue 18-Jun-19 17:10:02

Done

Gardenworm Wed 19-Jun-19 09:22:53

@AbbiCMumsnet just want to double check which prices may go up during the subscription? I take it the £18.99 is guaranteed for the whole year and they are referring to the current standard price? 😊

rockinmum Thu 20-Jun-19 17:49:39

Entered, hopefully we’re chosen, really interested in this control of the internet 😂

weleasewoderick22 Thu 20-Jun-19 18:02:10

I missed this and installed the app yesterday.

It's brilliant! I can control my ds's internet use so easily. He was sneaking in my bedroom and getting his phone when I was asleep and staying on for hours. It became a nightmare keeping him off the internet, but now I set it go off at 9pm and come back on at 7am.

It's made such a difference to our family life. We are both sleeping better and I have some control back.

Can I have a voucher now? 🤣🤣

GreatOne Thu 20-Jun-19 19:42:30

Soooo annoyed I swapped from Sky, because others were a bit cheaper. If I knew this was coming I never would of swapped. Hopefully my current provider will offer similar soon

NCforleg Fri 21-Jun-19 18:25:05

Done smilefingers crossed 🤞

littlemefi Sat 22-Jun-19 05:45:50

We are just about to have our new Sky package set up, I've a 9 year old and would be really interested to see how the buddy system works

AnotherRanger Sat 22-Jun-19 10:27:37

Just signed up, fingers crossed! This looks amazing and perfect timing as I'm currently struggling to monitor and reduce screen time for my 8 year old without there being an outright ban on electronics, this could be perfect for us smile

FoxInABox Sat 22-Jun-19 22:09:51

Survey done! Sounds like a brilliant app, something every modern parent needs!

Scoleah Tue 25-Jun-19 12:46:42

Been chosen grin can't wait to test!

AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 25-Jun-19 13:36:21

Thanks to those of you who have applied so far! We've been in touch with some selected testers already but we're still on the lookout for more testers, so please do apply if you're interested smile

Scoleah Tue 25-Jun-19 21:10:23

Hi @AbbiCMumsnet
Is the Buddy included for the full 12 months for £18.99 too?
I can see on the website it's £5 a month to use when the offer advertised on their own website ends..
Thank you smile

AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 26-Jun-19 14:40:25

Hi @Scoleah, Sky Broadband Boost (which is usually £5 a month) is included in the £18.99 deal that you will get by signing up to this product test (for the full 12 months).
Let me know if you have any further questions smile

Scoleah Wed 26-Jun-19 18:15:49

Thank you @AbbiCMumsnet I Asked the question again before reading the T&Cs lol.
Hopefully will have a phone call soon, can't wait to get this all set up grin

AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Jun-19 12:35:08

Hi @Gardenworm, apologies for the delay in replying - you're correct, the offer price will be held for the duration of the offer, with the point in the T&Cs about prices referring to the standard price of the package.

StuntNun Fri 28-Jun-19 21:49:14

My 16yo has been able to circumvent the Microsoft parental controls on his PC. Hopefully the Broadband Buddy will be more effective.

Scoleah Sat 29-Jun-19 15:57:12

Do you know when we'll be receiving the phone calls @AbbiCMumsnet

AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Jul-19 12:33:36

Hi @Scoleah, Sky will be calling in the next week or so smile We will let you know if anything changes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »