Talk

Advanced search

UK MNer with at least one child aged 4-14? Sign up to test Smartick’s online after-school maths programme

(158 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

EllieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-May-19 16:17:32

Smartick are looking for Mumsnet users and their children to trial its online after-school maths programme for children. This product test is open to all UK MNers with at least one child between the ages of 4 and 14, that have access to an internet-enabled computer/laptop or tablet. Selected testers will receive a six-month subscription (a value of over £100) to Smartick after testing is completed and have up to 4 weeks to try and review it.

Here’s what Smartick have to say: “Smartick is an award-winning, AI-based, online maths programme designed to develop mathematical abilities in children ages 4 to 14. Smartick promotes an understanding of maths through personalised and accelerated learning by adapting to each child's level and learning pace in real time, allowing them to work according to their maths needs and capability. Each child has a unique and personalised path that constantly adjusts to help fill in gaps in knowledge.

There are more than 20,000 users of Smartick in over 100 countries. e've collaborated with the MIT G-Lab and been published by Harvard Business Review and Forbes as well as featured as an app favourite by Apple.”

Selected testers can register for the program through a web browser on their PC or by downloading the Smartick app available for iOS or Android tablets. Smartick recommends that children work on their daily 15-minute sessions at least 5 days per week. This is not mandatory however it is suggested to get a better scope of the program.

All testers will be required to leave feedback on a thread on Mumsnet and also fill in a short survey, everyone who does will be entered into a prize draw where 3 MNers will win a £100 voucher of their choice (from a list).

To sign up to test Smartick, please click here.

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

GinUp Thu 06-Jun-19 22:33:59

DD is very impressed with the upgrades to the website. She liked the new format for the games area and the weekly challenge that comes with it. I like that the adults can now have a go at the games too via the parent page. blush

She got her second diploma today after completing a review. For once the 'How are you feeling now?' face was happier at the end than it had been at the beginning.

Helix1244 Sun 09-Jun-19 15:45:26

Seems good but inflexible so you cannot change to what you think they are struggling with. Or away from what doesnt fit the uk syllabus.
So overall i think dc is finding it quite easy

stickerqueen Sun 09-Jun-19 16:32:05

We have been using for nearly a month now overall dd 11 found it quite easy she did well in most of her sessions. There were a few questions she didn't understand but now she understands them.
She does her session and wants to stop using. she's played a few games but she doesn't like them so don't bother with them.
she said the sites more for younger kids.
The subscription price is high no way would I pay that much for the subscription.

AbbiCMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Jun-19 17:27:02

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all for all your comments - it's been really interesting to read some of the feedback already.

A reminder that both the survey and the feedback thread are now live, ready for you to complete.
Please ensure that you post your feedback on the feedback thread.

Thanks again and hope you enjoyed the testing!

LeukaeLucky Wed 12-Jun-19 19:51:20

Is this closed? I've tried to sign up but the link to the survey doesn't seem to work

RedKites Mon 17-Jun-19 13:30:15

Those who had problems with subscriptions expiring - how did you get it sorted out please? I'm pretty sure I signed up through the Mumsnet link, and we got a month rather than 15 days, but I thought it was going to be six months? DS2 is finally really getting into it - he was disappointed when he couldn't do his session this morning! Thanks.

JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Jun-19 16:24:53

Hi @RedKites (and anyone else with the same problem!) - if you email us on insight@mumsnet.com we'll contact Smartick about the issue and they should be able to add the subscription smile

RedKites Mon 17-Jun-19 20:19:17

Thanks very much- it’s all sorted now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »