Talk

Advanced search

Find out what testers thought of La Roche-Posay's LIPIKAR AP+ skincare routine

(95 Posts)
JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Apr-19 09:50:11

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who have been testing the La Roche-Posay LIPIKAR AP+ skincare routine with their children, to see if it helps improve dry, itchy or eczema-prone skin.

The LIPIKAR AP+ 3 step skincare routine is made up of the following products:

LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ hair & body wash
A gentle cream wash with Shea Butter and Glycerin to help protect your child’s skin from the drying effects of water and lock in moisture from the bath or shower. Provides 24h hydration and 24h itch protection. Suitable for new-borns.

LIPIKAR Balm AP+ soothing body balm
The formula enriched with Shea Butter immediately soothes and hydrates your little one’s dry skin. Used after the LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ body wash, this bath time routine is clinically proven to help your child have a more restful night’s sleep by providing 2 x less scratching at night for children who suffer from dry, itchy skin. Suitable for new-borns.

LIPIKAR Stick AP+ on-the-go itch relief
Instantly relieves scratching urges and calms skin. Easy to use pocket-stick format that can be used anytime, anywhere to soothe dry skin flare-ups. Perfect to keep in your handbag or for your child to take to school or nursery. Suitable for babies from 3 months. Use on dry and/or itchy patches or flare-ups as often as needed. Try to encourage your child to use the LIPIKAR Stick rather than their nails to soothe the urge to scratch to avoid further damage to the skin.

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the following questions:
1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?
2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks?
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?
5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient?

All testers who complete their feedback by answering the above questions as well as completing the short survey we’ve emailed will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 03-Sep-19 15:25:37

Thanks all for giving your feedback! The winner of the prize draw was @WilmaJean

MummyTo3Beauts Sun 19-May-19 12:36:52

After posting on here about it not suiting my daughters skin. I decided to try it myself. I have very dry sensitive skin and also suffer from eczema. After using the cream for about a week the results have been fab. Has helped my skin unbelievably, feels soft and is not flaking. Have had no eczema flare ups, so not sure how well it works on them yet. Would definitely recommend xx

Tarik1310 Thu 09-May-19 19:40:22

I CURRENTLY LOOK AFTER CHILDREN AND I AM LOOKING FR A DRIVER TO HELP ME TRANSPORT CHILDREN TO SCHOOL. I HAVE MET WITH A DRIVER WHO HAS JUST PASSED HER DRIVING TEST. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A PERIOD OF TIME THAT SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE DRIVING FOR BEFORE I ALLOW THEM TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN

Heidiboo2002 Tue 07-May-19 15:35:06

These products are amazing my daughter said she felt instant relief when she applied the cream on her sore dry skin. My daughter wouldn’t be without these products. Finally something that works without a prescription

Mouthfulofquiz Tue 07-May-19 14:40:21

My little boy absolutely loved these products. He liked the moisturising stick which he then broke!
The skin wash alone is amazing, it leaves his skin very soft and works well in the bath or shower. The cream has been great for the itchy skin he has on his legs. I will be buying more.

Mmarmite Tue 07-May-19 12:56:51

The texture and application of the cream was just right. A little went quite a long way and it felt nice to apply. My baby enjoyed the massage! Using the products has definitely helped my baby’s skin. He had some patches of eczema behind his knees, under his armpits, in the creases if his neck and on the back of his neck. After only a couple of applications I noticed an improvement and now a few weeks on there is virtually no sign of the eczema. The pocket stick is extremely convenient for applying on the go. I even used it myself to soothe some insect bites and found that it helped. I have really enjoyed using these products and feel they definitely worked to clear up my baby’s eczema.

MummaBear1982 Tue 07-May-19 12:10:23

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?

I found them very easy to apply & absorbed very quickly which was a bonus as my daughter hated the creams that left her sticky.

2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks?

Yes a big difference, my daughter used to hate bath time because her skin was always sore and nippy from scratching, but now she'll ask to stay in longer because shes all better now she says.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?

I noticed a difference in 2 days, she was scratching less, & she was less irritable, also she was finally getting a peaceful nights sleep without scratching herself till she bled,.

Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?

Yes definetly, plus it was a perfect size to carry with me at all times incase my wee yin has a quick itch.

Yes i think its great, i have it on me at all times, my daughter calls it the magic roll on.

MummyTo3Beauts Tue 07-May-19 10:54:28

Unfortunately as soon as I put the cream on my daughter she said it stung and cried until I wiped it off! She wouldn't try it again after that, which is a shame.

MoltenChocolateBabycake Fri 03-May-19 18:59:54

It was lovely and creamy, soaked in quickly

Unfortunately we only applied the balm twice as my child had a reaction to it and it hurt. It didn't make much difference in those two days! The Syndet didn't cause any adverse reactions and we are still using it.

As above

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?

Yes, we found this particularly useful during the night when our child woke up itching. The stick relieved the itching quickly and we could go back to sleep.

Yes.

Mags5 Fri 03-May-19 18:51:18

At first i was abit worried about using this so when it arrived i only used a little bit and i coyld see a differnt with my little ones skin so i tryed the lot. Really loved this stuff help well with my son's out breaks of ezama also help with my dry areas of skin the pocket size was great to take about with us specially if my Son was having a sleep over at his dads.

Only wish we got a few extra of the pocket size as I'l be lost when it does finally run out.

trinah Thu 02-May-19 22:51:11

These products helped my daughter and my mum who both have eczema so much the change in the look and feel of there is alot better and they have both stopped itching all the time.

Mum2B5 Thu 02-May-19 19:54:51

How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?

Both products were very smooth and creamy to touch. One thing I dislike about a lot of products is the way they make my hands feel when I’m applying them to my baby. I usually feel as though I need to wash my hands straight away as the textures can feel almost too oily. These two products are the complete opposite. Easy to apply, absorbs into the skin very well and non greasy.

2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? Yes, most definitely. The first few times I used the product I didn’t notice much change, in fact I would say it didn’t improve it at all but made his dry skin slightly more dryer. However, as I continued with it I noticed such an improvement and his skin condition has more or less cleared up. The only thing I would not use it for is my sons hair. I found his hair got quite dry when using the hair and body wash so I just stuck to using it on his body instead.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? After a week or so using the products.

Yes, within an instant. The moment I saw any dryness I applied the LIPIKAR AP+ stick and it soothed my sons dry skin and kept it moist throughout the day. I continued to apply it on areas where he was more prone to dryness even though it didn’t always need it and I think
that really helped. Consistency.

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Very convenient. Was able to pop into my baby bag when out and about and able to use on my baby as and when needed. Lightweight and easy to use and put away. Hassle free and simple which is great with little ones. It makes changing baby so much easier especially when needing to apply lotions or creams to an itchy baby.

MrsElizabethShelby Thu 02-May-19 18:23:22

Forgot to say, the wash is really nice. Truly unscented no unpleasant chemically smell. Non greasy. You feel really clean afterward

MrsElizabethShelby Thu 02-May-19 18:21:07

Really lovely, feels like a really good quality body lotion, soaks in nicely and not at all sticky or greasy.

Yes much less itchy, dry and sore.

About a week

Yes, really liked this product and would purchase another

Yes easy to transport and non-messy

shortbreadsharon Thu 02-May-19 18:04:35

These 3 are amazing and really helped with my sons itchy skin. I love how well the body balm absorbed and provided instant relief. The wash was so delicate and the stick is convenient for when you are on the go. Will be buying these from now on and recommending to everyone

TSellick Thu 02-May-19 16:02:07

I found this product really easy to use. The pumps on the bottle helped and the cream didn't come out to fast. Its smooth and isn't sticky like some others.

Yes. It has been great. I have definitely noticed a difference.

I noticed after 3-4 days. His skin didn't look so red from all the itching. And has looked better every day since.

Yes. It is very easy to use and really noticed a difference.

Yes. It's a great small sized product to fit in my bag. It is hard to find a product that can fit so this is great.

Overall I am really happy with the creams and am thankful I was picked to test this product. I have struggled with finding the right cream and although have seen this branded product on the shelf have been hesitant in trying. I now wouldn't hesitate to buy again as these products have really helped my sons skin. And have now recommended to some of my friends who have kids with sensitive skin aswell.

Niuniaaa198 Thu 02-May-19 15:54:28

Very nice easy to applay, no odour after using

Yes I'm using every day

They are works from a couple day of my using. Skin my son is very moisture and sensitive now. No more problem with eczema. I'm tray other ointments or cream they help but for a week and after eczema back. I'm using every day la Roche from about 2months and no problem no itches.

Yes it's help straight away easy to use, no problem with split

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient

Perfect size I can fit it in my bag and take every where

Thanks la Roche for a trust. It's the best line I'm very satisfying and my son finnaly is happy no itches no more dry skin. I would like recommend for every how have prob with eczema or dry skin.

Gruzinkerbell1 Thu 02-May-19 15:10:00

My daughter gets eczema flare ups during warm weather, so these past few days have seen a rash come up. The pocket stick in particular is amazing! It lives in her school bag now and gives her instant relief. Her skin almost immediately loses its red and angry appearance and she is much more comfortable. She calls it her “magic cream”.

The body is cream is lovely. Not too thick but not watery either. It absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn’t stay greasy. I’ve noticed an improvement with the dry skin on my hands just from applying it to DD. Smells nice too!

I’ll be buying more.

Ssana Wed 01-May-19 23:25:47

Hi all!
We have had a good trial these past few weeks. The body balm was the nicest out of all 3 La Roche Posay (LP) products to use. The texture however seemed a little rubbery yet rich and easy to apply. It had to absorb for a good 10 minutes before getting dressed or it would stick to clothes. We did apply a generous amount though.

Now after some time we can surely confirm that the dryness, flakiness and itchy patches have reduced in amount and intensity but it took a good three or four days for it to properly work. We found that reapplication of the body balm was necessary the following morning after bath as well.

The body wash was a little less foaming than expected but really gentle on skin.

We did use the pocket stick of course, and as mentioned a few weeks ago it quickly became our favourite before we could properly trial the remaining products.
The size is convenient but texture could be just slightly softer (personal preference I guess).

Overall I'm glad my little one has had a chance to try the LP range and we will definitely be looking into purchasing the set.

Bouncylion Wed 01-May-19 20:36:41

Really nice. Lovely to apply and left the skin feeling very soft

Yes it has. Persistent dry patches have cleared up

3 - 4 days

Didn't use it much but it seemed effective when used

Yes. We took it swimming to use on the worst patches before following up with the cream at home. Much easier to transport than the big cream bottles and handy to use quickly in the cold changing rooms

SinkGirl Wed 01-May-19 20:13:29

@happymummy12345 I’d try the main lotion balm, I think it’s the best product of the 3

TweetleBeetlesBattle Wed 01-May-19 17:21:34

How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?

Fine and very fluid, sunk into skin nicely, didnt feel greasy or claggy or dense

It does definite feel better, scaly patches are reduced, especially large areas have become smaller and skin isnt so rough. Shes not waking up covered in scratches now either.

Two weeks to see it but complaints about scratching reduced almost immediately .

Yes, like this a lot. Was especially useful on the airplane for dryness as it couldn't spill or expand into a big mess. Its quick to rub on when out and about without getting cream everywhere.

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient

Yes, like this a lot. Portable in a small stick, easy in the handbag. Was especially useful on the airplane as it couldn't spill or expand into a big mess.

Thanks for picking us for this. I do really like the products and feel they've helped.

Eh1112 Wed 01-May-19 15:08:30

How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? I found the balm initially quite oily but after it had sunk into the skin it left a lovely smooth texture.

Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? Definitely, without a doubt! My daughter suffered with patches of very dry skin and it has completely cleared up after only a couple of weeks.

How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? It took about a week to see an improvement and two weeks to completely clear up her dry skin.

Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? We only used the stick on two occasions as the other products were so effective. However on both occasions it helped her skin, soaking in quickly and leaving it smooth to touch.

Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Yes. It was perfect changing back size!

happymummy12345 Wed 01-May-19 13:17:37

I wanted to try this but yet again i was not selected. My son has dry skint so i would like to know if it's worth trying or not?

Emabby Wed 01-May-19 12:34:06

The LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm is smooth it sinks in rapidly and provided brilliant and much needed relief with continuing use we noticed an immediate improvement sticking to a easy routine it’s defiantly stopped the weeping

The LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick gives immediate relief from itching skin.
The LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick was convenient and easy to use to provides instant relief for little on the go flare ups

I wouldn’t be able to change now since we stopped the flares were back to normal it really does make a noticeable difference and with continuing use I can honestly see this changing my lil ones life for the better!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »