Talk

Advanced search

Find out what testers thought of La Roche-Posay's LIPIKAR AP+ skincare routine

(95 Posts)
JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Apr-19 09:50:11

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who have been testing the La Roche-Posay LIPIKAR AP+ skincare routine with their children, to see if it helps improve dry, itchy or eczema-prone skin.

The LIPIKAR AP+ 3 step skincare routine is made up of the following products:

LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ hair & body wash
A gentle cream wash with Shea Butter and Glycerin to help protect your child’s skin from the drying effects of water and lock in moisture from the bath or shower. Provides 24h hydration and 24h itch protection. Suitable for new-borns.

LIPIKAR Balm AP+ soothing body balm
The formula enriched with Shea Butter immediately soothes and hydrates your little one’s dry skin. Used after the LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ body wash, this bath time routine is clinically proven to help your child have a more restful night’s sleep by providing 2 x less scratching at night for children who suffer from dry, itchy skin. Suitable for new-borns.

LIPIKAR Stick AP+ on-the-go itch relief
Instantly relieves scratching urges and calms skin. Easy to use pocket-stick format that can be used anytime, anywhere to soothe dry skin flare-ups. Perfect to keep in your handbag or for your child to take to school or nursery. Suitable for babies from 3 months. Use on dry and/or itchy patches or flare-ups as often as needed. Try to encourage your child to use the LIPIKAR Stick rather than their nails to soothe the urge to scratch to avoid further damage to the skin.

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the following questions:
1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?
2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks?
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?
5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient?

All testers who complete their feedback by answering the above questions as well as completing the short survey we’ve emailed will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Ranbirgill Thu 18-Apr-19 20:33:19

The LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm absorbed very quickly into the skin. The texture was quite creamy but not greasy, so you could apply to the face and body.

Using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ & LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of my child’s bath time routine really improved the health of my child’s skin. The eczema has almost disappeared.

After starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ & LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily, I noticed an improvement in around 5 days.

My son has a habit of using his nails to scratch his skin when it's itchy. The LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick did help somewhat but his skin was still a bit itchy and it was a little bothersome for him to take it out every time, especially with clothes on.

The LIPIKAR Stick AP+ was convenient as you can pop it in your handbag when out and about and takes up less space than a bottle of cream.

like2review Thu 18-Apr-19 21:15:55

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?

Thick and Rich in texture but did absorb. After a week as I used the balm all over my Childs body not just target areas I started to notice a very strange smell. There was a destinct fatty butter combined with a plastic or rubber odour. Very unpleasant and remained even the next day. Had my balm gone off or this is meant to smell like this?

2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks?

Yes useing the products together as part of a routine did improve dryness but didn't clear up dry patches on elbows. I do think bathing everyday can in itself exacerbate dry skin.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?

^ I noticed and felt the difference in my child's skin after the first 24 hours. Skin condition was soft and hydrated. ^

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?

Yes it was good as a quick fix but the effects were not lasting. It did soothe and calm flare ups.

innovative concept and loved the stick format. Easy to use, convenient and handy for on the go. smile

Cotswoldmama Thu 18-Apr-19 23:14:56

1. I found the texture of the body balm quite thin, it soaked in easily but I also used a thick barrier cream to help protect my sons skin at the same time
2. I do think my sons skin improved whilst using the balm but he was/is suffering with a flare up so we are using some prescription treatments at the same time.
3. I noticed an improvement straight away but see previous answer. It definitely helped relieve the night time itching.
4. The pocket stick was amazing and is really handy for when your out and about we used it after swimming and whilst we were on a walk and the grass irritated his legs. It really help relieve the itching .
5.the format of the stick was great, so easy to use and convenient.

Timbooth1 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:27:00

. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? Very light, wasnt scented &very absorbent a little greasy.

Yes definitely, the effected areas wasnt so dry and red.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? About a week

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? Absolutely love this product especially, handy to take in handbag. The product itself was easy to apply and gave a good protection barrier on sore areas.this one was the best instantly stopped my son stratching his eczema.
5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Yes easy to apply, pump action bottles. Easy to apply to skin.
These 3 producta all work on my sons dry eczema and wasnt scented or made it worse. Very good products and highly recommend the balm this one worked instantly and stopped my sons skin itching straight away.
Also i used the cream on my 11 year old son he had very chapped dry hands and within a day of applying cream twice it had nearly cleared . So by day 3 it has totally gone

SayNoToCarrots Fri 19-Apr-19 09:18:32

1. Texture and application of the body balm:
The body balm has a nice thick texture, and went on smoothly, without leaving a greasy residue.

2. Did using the wash and balm every day improve overall skin condition?
Marginally. We've tried a lot of creams, and like some of the others, LIPIKAR improved DDs skin slightly for a couple of days, but did not prevent random flare-ups. We are looking into our washing powder and food allergies to find out the source of the flare-ups. After a month of using all three, my daughters skin is still red, raised and rough-feeling.

3. How quickly did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?
Unfortunately, there was no improvement.

4. Did using the pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?
It did. DD stopped scratching after it was applied.

5. Did you find the format of the pocket-stick convenient?
Yes, and there was a reasonable amount in the stick too.

LegoCake Fri 19-Apr-19 13:38:17

Am I the only one who thought these products were meh for the price? confused

We have had far better results from cheaper washes and creams. Sorry blush

sarat1 Fri 19-Apr-19 19:19:11

It felt rich and smooth, easily absorbed, very pleasant with no sticky residue.

Yes, there was definitely instant improvement. The bumps on his arms reduced and his skin no longer felt rough when running hand over it.

Seemed to help after just one use, but then we weren't in the middle of a flare up period.

Only used once for teething rash and seemed to help overnight.

Nice and portable, so able to carry with me when out and about.

Cecily75 Fri 19-Apr-19 22:09:11

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? This was really lovely to use, our favourite trial product. Moisturising without being sticky, great no-fragrance and soft texture.

2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? The wash was very nice and gentle on my DD's skin, the balm seemed to really moisturise and not irritate her skin.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? Probably after a couple of weeks.

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? It was soothing on itchy patches of skin but didn't stop the itchiness altogether.

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Yes, it was a convenient design, especially not being a liquid it was easy to carry out and about without any leakages.

Thank you LRP and MN.

mummychezza Fri 19-Apr-19 22:31:54

Great product.products had a nice texture and absorbed easily into the skin instantly softening.
Great improvements in flare ups and itching whilst using this range of products.
The stick really does give instant relief anytime and handy to be put in my bag when out and about .we have thoroughly enjoyed trying these products as they do work well for us and has definitely improved skin and itching whilst using this range of products.thankyou from two soft and soothed girls and a very happy mummy.

mummychezza Fri 19-Apr-19 23:36:27

The texture of the cream was nice and absorbed easily into the skin instantly softening.
These products worked well for us and has definitely improved skin and itching.
The pocket stick is great it really does give instant relief.great to keep in my bag while out and about.will continue to use these products as they do work well.we have thoroughly enjoyed trying these products,thankyou from two soft and soothed girls and their very happy mummy.

AlfieTheRailwayCat Sat 20-Apr-19 01:49:47

Very thick but sinks in easily so baby isn’t left greasy and slippery!

Yes! Babies skin is much smoother, area behind knees had much improved.

Probably around 5 days.

Hard to tell as baby is only 6 months but he seemed to itch his head less in his car seat.

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient
Yes - handy to take with me. Would probably keep a mini version in my charging bag for ultimate conveince as it is still quite big for an “on the go” product.

SinkGirl Sat 20-Apr-19 06:49:06

These products came at just the right time for us as my twins had a flare up of their skin issues and were scratching terribly all the time.

It’s lovely - it seems like a cross between a cream moisturiser and a slightly each emollient. It goes on really smoothly and feels lovely, not greasy at all, and sinks in quickly.

I believe so - we’ve used all three products together, and overall they are itching far less, they were covered in scratches before we started and now there are none. I’m not even sure if this flare up was eczema but whatever it was, the products have helped it to calm down significantly. I would definitely buy it when these run out.

A couple of days before I saw a change but they obviously felt better quickly as they were immediacy scratching less often

Yes, it’s very soothing and seemed to help a lot

Yes, it’s so handy! Will fit easily in your bag or pocket and just glides on. So much easier than trying to apply creams all the time!

Goingovertosusanshouse Sat 20-Apr-19 09:19:16

. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?
It was quite thick but rubbed into skin easily.
2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? Yes, his skin is far less dry and itchy.
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? Within 2-3 days.
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? Yes, this is such a great product.
Yes, so easy to apply, keep in bag and gave instant results.

Have already purchased some other items from la Roche posay as have been so impressed.

laura02917 Sat 20-Apr-19 11:39:24

1. The texture is Nice and smooth. Tje product is easy to apply.

2. I didnt find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved heroverall skin condition. I actually found it made her flare up more.

3. Didn't really see any improvement as it made her skin flare up more and caused some rashes to develop.

4. Using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick did help immediately soothe itchy dry skin and is very handy to carry around but it wasn't so smooth to apply as the others.

5. The LIPIKAR Stick AP is very convenient and handy to carry around

Meilix Sat 20-Apr-19 21:29:34

Lovely, loved the texture and was really nice to apply.

Sadly not, his skin flared up instead so we didn't persist with the balm but continued with our previously used cream as we didn't want his skin to get worse.

Sadly didn't notice an improvement.

Yes, loved this stick! When he started itching I used it and it definitely seemed to help!

Super helpful, I keep it in our changing bag so it's always with us!

KandJblog Sun 21-Apr-19 18:33:28

1- texture was perfect, not too thin and wet but not overly thick either. Just right

2- perfect for every day use and has definitely helped my boys dry skin

3- noticed improvement within a couple of weeks

4- yes it did help with most itchy flare ups

5- loved the stick, a very different idea but it worked really well and was useful. I take it out with us in my boys nappy bag now so it's on hand

Backhometothenorth Sun 21-Apr-19 20:15:22

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? Lovely texture and non- greasy which is great
2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? A noticeable difference! She really likes it
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? 5 days
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? Yes that is a very handy product
5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Very- will definitely buy this again. Thank you for the products smile

leanneth Mon 22-Apr-19 15:51:14

My son didn’t like the feel of the balm and kept trying to wipe it off. I had to hope that some stayed on, which it did!

Definitely!

Very quickly, within a couple of days.

It seemed to help, yes.

Definitely. I liked that it also confirmed that it’s ok to use on eyelids, which is one of the places my son needs it. I’m usually really wary about using products near his eyes so was very glad it was actually made for this!

Thank you so much for selecting us!

Readitandsleep Mon 22-Apr-19 17:46:35

The balm texture was great. My daughter usually complains about the creams, possibly because they’re so thick but seemed happier with this.

Yes, definitely. I found the wash particularly useful as it made bath time less drying to her skin.

The itchiness seemed better within a few days but does still occur.

I found this very helpful, particularly during the night. It had a novelty value my daughter liked.

Yes, particularly at night.

Withington Mon 22-Apr-19 20:00:40

Easy. Nice texture, non-greasy, didn't leave lots of residue on my hands.

Massively. It's made a huge difference to her skin - it's incredibly soft and smooth. I really wasnt expecting much of a difference versus the oilatum we used to use but it has been really noticeable. We are definitely converts (I love it too!)

Very quickly - a few days?

We didn't really need to use it to be honest as theres been such an improvement in the skin condition. She has used it for fun though as she loves the format of the stick!

Yes as above - she liked putting it on herself.

lottieleo Tue 23-Apr-19 11:42:43

Easy use, creamy and non Greasy. Doesn't leave a film or feel sticky.
Used it every other day and no flare ups since. Legs are clear and smooth after an episode of cracked and bleeding
After 3 uses
Brilliant product absolutely loved the pocket stick. Used through out the day and believe this is the main reason for such good results.
Yes again really rate this product easy to keep in your bag

Only comment is other people commented on the smell saying it reminded them
Of paint.
Will definitely be purchasing the wash and stick again

Ladymoet007 Tue 23-Apr-19 11:57:13

Ans: it was very smooth glided on and rich and went into skin

Ans: Yes it did improve over the days and weeks lots of the dry skin on back is nearly gone and on the knees and legs

Ans: noticed an improvement within a few days and it improved dramatically over the weeks

Ans: yes did use the pocket stick was really useful when travelling and helped so much on the go when my little one was itching like crazy and it worked within mind very convenient.😊

Ans:yes found it very convenient when travelling a travel size stick would be good as well easy to clean easy to pack.

Really good range so happy for the kids it has helped immensely and thanks for the opportunity to test 😊

Gemmareed281 Tue 23-Apr-19 19:07:56

I was super chuffed to be picked to test this out on my daughter as we struggle to find products that help her skin. She’s suffered on and off with eczema since birth and gets flare ups for various reasons and we are currently going though a flare up. We were away for the weekend at my in laws and I totally forgot to pack any cream as her skin had been okay but whilst away, it came back! Have absolutely no idea why but hey ho... we’ve been home 2 days and within those 2 days I’ve been applying the cream and the anti itch balm on my daughter and like magic, it’s cleared up so I’m definitely a fan!!

The cream is thick but not an unpleasant thickness that you get with most dry skin emollient cream. I found it pleasant to apply and my daughter had no complaints, and she’s a hard one to please!

100% yes, we above for an example of how quickly it helps too!

We applied at night before bed and the next morning there was a significant improvement of the appearance of her poor skin!

Yes! I used it and explained to my daughter it should help stop the itching and she told me it helped! I also suffered an itchy hand last week, it was driving me insane! I have no idea what was causing it but I was making my
Skin so fed for itching it. When I got home, I thought to try the stick and it was like in instant relief! Amazing stuff!!

Yes, so easy to pop in my handbag or any bag being used for a day out. I won’t leave the house without it now!

Thank you for allowing us to test these products, I’m super chuffed with them smile

shutzpa Tue 23-Apr-19 19:34:39

Really nice and smooth, but not sticky! 😊
It really did! My dd has had a bad bout of dry skin lately and thus cleared it up quickly 👍🏻
About 4 days to see a noticeable improvement.
Yes, dd used it on the back of her knees when they were itchy. She seemed soothed instantly.
Yes very 😊

Timeless19 Tue 23-Apr-19 21:14:30

I really like the balm it was thick and creamy yet easily rubbed into the skin and didn't leave a greasy residue. The bottle is a generous size and the pump really handy when juggling a baby on the changing table.

Initially I would have said it didn't make a huge difference but having just come back from a week away where I did not use the product, we had a red dry itchy flare up when we were away and since coming back and using the balm it has calmed it significantly. For us it doesn't get rid of the dry itchy skin completely but using the balm seems to last longer than Aveeno which is what we used previously. Aveeno would need to be applied morning and night, whilst the balm only really needs to be applied at night. This is a plus for me as I would rather use less product on my babies delicate skin.

Probably a couple of weeks. I didn't get on so well with the wash, it says its suitable for cradle cap but after a weeks use the cradle cap had returned and I reverted to our previous wash. I did like the balm its the best lotion I have used on our baby.

Yes it did on the rare occassion we needed it.

Yes I did, very handy for travelling and whilst away from home, however for me it was a nice to have rather than a must have.

Overall the balm was a big winner for us and I will be buy in the future

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »