Talk

Advanced search

Find out what testers thought of La Roche-Posay's LIPIKAR AP+ skincare routine

(95 Posts)
JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Apr-19 09:50:11

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who have been testing the La Roche-Posay LIPIKAR AP+ skincare routine with their children, to see if it helps improve dry, itchy or eczema-prone skin.

The LIPIKAR AP+ 3 step skincare routine is made up of the following products:

LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ hair & body wash
A gentle cream wash with Shea Butter and Glycerin to help protect your child’s skin from the drying effects of water and lock in moisture from the bath or shower. Provides 24h hydration and 24h itch protection. Suitable for new-borns.

LIPIKAR Balm AP+ soothing body balm
The formula enriched with Shea Butter immediately soothes and hydrates your little one’s dry skin. Used after the LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ body wash, this bath time routine is clinically proven to help your child have a more restful night’s sleep by providing 2 x less scratching at night for children who suffer from dry, itchy skin. Suitable for new-borns.

LIPIKAR Stick AP+ on-the-go itch relief
Instantly relieves scratching urges and calms skin. Easy to use pocket-stick format that can be used anytime, anywhere to soothe dry skin flare-ups. Perfect to keep in your handbag or for your child to take to school or nursery. Suitable for babies from 3 months. Use on dry and/or itchy patches or flare-ups as often as needed. Try to encourage your child to use the LIPIKAR Stick rather than their nails to soothe the urge to scratch to avoid further damage to the skin.

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the following questions:
1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?
2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks?
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?
5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient?

All testers who complete their feedback by answering the above questions as well as completing the short survey we’ve emailed will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

mizzles Thu 18-Apr-19 14:29:25

These products improved DD's eczema when other brands like Aveeno and Child's Farm had failed - really good!

Geekswife1985 Thu 18-Apr-19 14:32:20

These creams are amazing my LG hasn't had to use her normal ointments or lotions since using these products I've even already brought more from there website there so easy to use and dont have no nasty smell or oily ness to them thank you so much for giving my lg some to try

cornflakes5 Thu 18-Apr-19 14:32:42

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?

Nice rich texture, and easy to apply.

2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks?

Absolutely.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?

Perhaps a week?

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?

N/A. Skin became really smooth and soft after using just the balm, so we haven't had to use the stick.

N/A. Skin became really smooth and soft after using just the balm, so we haven't had to use the stick. But looks easy to use.

Freshstart40 Thu 18-Apr-19 14:42:07

I was really excited to be sent these products to try. I've two sons, both of which are prone to eczema. My youngest has regular prescriptions for Cetraben moisturiser and Epimax bath solution. I also get eczema on my elbows.
My short feedback is BUY THE BODY BALM, try the stick and buy a cheaper shower/hair cream.
The body balm is just gorgeous. It has been more effective on my youngest son than his usual prescribed moisturiser and I haven't had to use any steroid cream for three weeks on small persistent patches like his wrists. I love this cream and will buy it. This has also soothed my elbows more than the Sudocrem I was using.
My sons both really enjoyed using the solid itch relief stick. It was quite a novelty. It did stop the itch but not for long. I tried it on my elbows too and it really is just a quick fix. I would buy it though to keep in my bag or travel with.
I did like the shower/hair solution but found it no better or worse than my usual Sanex 0% shower gel (which is cheaper)
La Roche Posay is a brand I already liked as I use their facial Sun cream, and I continue to be impressed. But seriously, buy the balm!

Shabananaz1 Thu 18-Apr-19 14:43:27

I really liked these creams.my daughter suffers from bad eczema and these creams helped relieve some itchyness.they are easy to apply and no strong odour.i started seeing a difference after a week or two,and will say it has made some what of a difference to my daughters skin.wasnt too keen on the pocket stick,but would agree it is very convenient when you out and about.

Shixtyshixpershent Thu 18-Apr-19 14:48:06

It’s amazing, very rich and creamy but not at all greasy and seemed to sink in quickly. Brilliant when wrangling a wriggly 10 month old who really doesn’t like the getting dressed again part of bath time. Was quick, easy, no extra fuss. Loved the pump on the bottles for easy one handed application as well.

Definitely yes, has done the job where many other products haven’t. Can honestly say that it delivered all that it claimed. We’ve tried lots of other products, some have helped a bit but this cleared up my daughters eczema really well.

Saw an improvement within a few days. Really quick. Having to bath everyday at the moment as baby led weaning and normally this can irritate her skin but we didn’t find that with these products.

Difficult to say for sure as my daughter is too young to say, but it appeared to lessen the appearance of her itchy patches. She was very amused by the application as well and I found it a good format for application. Especially when she’s keen to get moving.

Yes, as above, brilliant for when little ones just want to get moving and very handy for keeping in a changing bag. It’s not going to break or spill. Great product.

ANGIELSKI123 Thu 18-Apr-19 14:53:23

These products are amazing a lot better than aveeno and creams that drs prescribe! Ill be definitely buying these for my child!

Pizzaformytea Thu 18-Apr-19 14:56:42

Really smooth but not greasy - soaked in beautifully

Definitely - he'd been getting really itchy and this has vastly improved it where nothing else we'd tried had.

A couple of days I think

Yes, and my son loved putting it on himself and said it felt less itchy.

Yes, I've taken to keeping it in my bag at all times.

Nkl17 Thu 18-Apr-19 15:02:13

Very fast absorbing and silky smooth to apply

Yes indeed

Just under a week

Didn’t have to use this many times as the other products worked wonders so wouldn’t like to say

Yes I did find this useful to put on the dry itchy patches in the morning before getting dressed

Ribeebie Thu 18-Apr-19 15:07:18

We enjoyed testing these products. They have really helped my DS's dry skin and eczema. We especially liked the itch relief stick and it's now in our changing bag and we use it out and about.
DS didn't mind having the cream applied, it absorbed quite easily and moisturised well especially for the absorption time.
The body wash worked well and didn't dry DS's skin out.
I think the price of the products are more than I would usually pay, but it has worked so may consider buying in the future.

Ribeebie Thu 18-Apr-19 15:08:46

Oops sent too soon! The texture was nice, absorbed well but not too greasy. We have seen an improvement within a week to so of using products and the improvement has been maintained. The itch relief stick worked pretty much instantly!

newhousestress Thu 18-Apr-19 15:10:38

Very easy and nice to apply.

Yes definitely.

2-3 days.

We didn't use it as much as the other products but did find it helpful when we did use it.

I found the lid a little fiddly the first time I used it, thereafter had no problems with it.

cowsarecool Thu 18-Apr-19 16:14:21

Both my DC suffer with terrible weeping eczema behind the ears and generally dry itchy skin. I noticed an improvement after the 1st use. I have used these products on DC every day since receiving them and their skin has cleared up completely.

jennymac31 Thu 18-Apr-19 16:48:33

1. I found the texture of both the balm AP and body balm incredibly smooth and was very surprised by how effective they were was both my kids.

2. Using both the balm AP and body balm as part of my kids bathing routine has improved their skin condition and overall night-time routine, as my daughter was particularly happy to use the new products as she preferred the scent compared to other products we have used in the past.

3. I noticed an improvement in my kids skin within a couple of days.

4. We didn't use the stick that often but when we did use it, my daughter's itchy flare-up subsided.

5. I found the stick much easier to use than other cream tube products that I've used in the past.

I've already recommended this range to a couple of family members whose kid suffers from eczema.

foreverhomefornow Thu 18-Apr-19 17:02:14

Beautiful! So soft and silky - it absorbed well and left Dd’s Skin soft and smooth

Without a doubt. I have only used her steroid cream once or twice.

Within two days her skin was so much softer and smoother and red bits were fading

Honestly we used this as a lip balm which worked brilliantly!

Yes but as a lip balm

Overall I can’t rate these products highly enough they have transformed dds skin! Thank you La Roche!

meow1989 Thu 18-Apr-19 17:28:27

Found it smooth and absorbed easily into my bahys skin. Light and not sticky.

Skin still a bit dry but felt lovely and smooth and soft

After using the balm it felt well hydrated straight after and for a few hours.

We didn't need to use this product during the trial period

Had we have needed to use it I think we would have found it convenient yes

CorporeSarnie Thu 18-Apr-19 17:45:46

Fine, liked the pump and product was rich, went on easily, absorbed fairly well. Possibly a bit greasier than others we've used, diprobase, dermol etc. DC less keen on scent than diprobase.
Yes, but the improved warmer weather and use of central heating has had an impact too.
Within a couple of days, but we weren't in a severe flare phase, just the usual elbows and knees. Both are entirely healed at the moment.
It didn't immediately reduce redness but did make sore bus look moisturised.
Yes, have put it in the swimming bag for use after lessons, which often cause flare ups.
The price point as suggested in the survey would however put me off buying more than the balm on a regular basis, as the wash seemed nice but not nice enough to warrant regular purchase at that price point. Other washes and lotions work just as well at a much lower price. My DC's eczema is however not severe most of the time.
Also travel size products for swimming bags are very very useful.

BristolMum96 Thu 18-Apr-19 18:15:07

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the following questions:

Pleasant. Not too sticky or thin. Felt enriching.

Unfortunately it did not improve in the slightest.

I didn't notice any difference.

It didn't make any difference.

Yes it is an excellent idea and had it worked I would have bought more in future.

WilmaJean Thu 18-Apr-19 18:32:33

I really liked it, slightly greasy (but in a good way) it was easy to apply and absorb leaving my DS skin soft.

His skin was definitely softer and it cleared up general dry patches on his body quickly. It didn’t shift a patch on his face that nothing else had been able to either, I resorted to hydrocortisone cream which finally worked!

It has cleared up a dry patch behind his knee within a day

So useful to have in my handbag to pop on dry patches when out and about. Not as effective as the body balm though.

Very.

Jamb16 Thu 18-Apr-19 18:45:28

How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?

Rich creamy texture but absorbed quickly and easily without being greasy

I didn’t see a huge difference with the body wash but the balm worked really well at soothing my children’s eczema
About 5/6 days
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? Yes it did work straight away and provided very quick relief
Very convenient, small so easy to put in my bag and quick and easy to use

SusieBee87 Thu 18-Apr-19 19:38:11

Overall this greatly improved my son’s eczema which had gradually been getting worse since birth (he’s now 5 months). All spots and pretty much all redness disappeared although his skin is still dry. I would recommend the body balm but could take or leave the bath wash and scratch stick.
Both lovely and smooth, non greasy and easy to apply.
Yes, it work within a few days and has continued to work.
Within days
My son continues to have one problem area of eczema on the top of his back, the pocket stick didn’t seem to help with this.
Yes

mummy81 Thu 18-Apr-19 19:48:13

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? It was nice, not greasy or too heavy.
2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? Yes definitely.
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? About 8 days.
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? Yes, it was really good to reduce the flare ups.
5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Very convenient.

dragonmummy17 Thu 18-Apr-19 20:01:14

. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?
It felt and smelt lovely very creamy and easy to apply
we found his skin got worse and we had to switch back to only water in the bath and his usual epiderm after his bath. However the balm was good for use if he needed additional cream alongside his epiderm which we use twice a day.
this was the best of the products and it soothed it quite quickly
very convenient it just slips into his change bag

Moo92 Thu 18-Apr-19 20:18:20

This is an amazing set that has really been helping us.

1. The texture of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm is rich and smooth. It sinks into the skin quickly giving immediate relief which lasts well.

2. It worked well in our new daily routine and has helped overall skin condition alot.

3. We noticed an immediate improvement the following day with slightly smoother skin which improved daily for the first week and has remained consistently improved since smile

4. The LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick gives immediate relief from itching skin.

5. The LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick was convenient to use but a smaller stick top may help and make it easier to keep clean.

Overall fantastic range which we have found a pleasure to use. Thanks very much for the opportunity to test it.

Ranbirgill Thu 18-Apr-19 20:33:19

The LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm absorbed very quickly into the skin. The texture was quite creamy but not greasy, so you could apply to the face and body.

Using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ & LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of my child’s bath time routine really improved the health of my child’s skin. The eczema has almost disappeared.

After starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ & LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily, I noticed an improvement in around 5 days.

My son has a habit of using his nails to scratch his skin when it's itchy. The LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick did help somewhat but his skin was still a bit itchy and it was a little bothersome for him to take it out every time, especially with clothes on.

The LIPIKAR Stick AP+ was convenient as you can pop it in your handbag when out and about and takes up less space than a bottle of cream.

like2review Thu 18-Apr-19 21:15:55

Thick and Rich in texture but did absorb. After a week as I used the balm all over my Childs body not just target areas I started to notice a very strange smell. There was a destinct fatty butter combined with a plastic or rubber odour. Very unpleasant and remained even the next day. Had my balm gone off or this is meant to smell like this?

Yes useing the products together as part of a routine did improve dryness but didn't clear up dry patches on elbows. I do think bathing everyday can in itself exacerbate dry skin.

^ I noticed and felt the difference in my child's skin after the first 24 hours. Skin condition was soft and hydrated. ^

Yes it was good as a quick fix but the effects were not lasting. It did soothe and calm flare ups.

innovative concept and loved the stick format. Easy to use, convenient and handy for on the go. smile

Cotswoldmama Thu 18-Apr-19 23:14:56

1. I found the texture of the body balm quite thin, it soaked in easily but I also used a thick barrier cream to help protect my sons skin at the same time
2. I do think my sons skin improved whilst using the balm but he was/is suffering with a flare up so we are using some prescription treatments at the same time.
3. I noticed an improvement straight away but see previous answer. It definitely helped relieve the night time itching.
4. The pocket stick was amazing and is really handy for when your out and about we used it after swimming and whilst we were on a walk and the grass irritated his legs. It really help relieve the itching .
5.the format of the stick was great, so easy to use and convenient.

Timbooth1 Fri 19-Apr-19 07:27:00

. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? Very light, wasnt scented &very absorbent a little greasy.

Yes definitely, the effected areas wasnt so dry and red.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? About a week

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? Absolutely love this product especially, handy to take in handbag. The product itself was easy to apply and gave a good protection barrier on sore areas.this one was the best instantly stopped my son stratching his eczema.
5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Yes easy to apply, pump action bottles. Easy to apply to skin.
These 3 producta all work on my sons dry eczema and wasnt scented or made it worse. Very good products and highly recommend the balm this one worked instantly and stopped my sons skin itching straight away.
Also i used the cream on my 11 year old son he had very chapped dry hands and within a day of applying cream twice it had nearly cleared . So by day 3 it has totally gone

SayNoToCarrots Fri 19-Apr-19 09:18:32

1. Texture and application of the body balm:
The body balm has a nice thick texture, and went on smoothly, without leaving a greasy residue.

2. Did using the wash and balm every day improve overall skin condition?
Marginally. We've tried a lot of creams, and like some of the others, LIPIKAR improved DDs skin slightly for a couple of days, but did not prevent random flare-ups. We are looking into our washing powder and food allergies to find out the source of the flare-ups. After a month of using all three, my daughters skin is still red, raised and rough-feeling.

3. How quickly did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition?
Unfortunately, there was no improvement.

4. Did using the pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?
It did. DD stopped scratching after it was applied.

5. Did you find the format of the pocket-stick convenient?
Yes, and there was a reasonable amount in the stick too.

LegoCake Fri 19-Apr-19 13:38:17

Am I the only one who thought these products were meh for the price? confused

We have had far better results from cheaper washes and creams. Sorry blush

sarat1 Fri 19-Apr-19 19:19:11

It felt rich and smooth, easily absorbed, very pleasant with no sticky residue.

Yes, there was definitely instant improvement. The bumps on his arms reduced and his skin no longer felt rough when running hand over it.

Seemed to help after just one use, but then we weren't in the middle of a flare up period.

Only used once for teething rash and seemed to help overnight.

Nice and portable, so able to carry with me when out and about.

Cecily75 Fri 19-Apr-19 22:09:11

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? This was really lovely to use, our favourite trial product. Moisturising without being sticky, great no-fragrance and soft texture.

2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? The wash was very nice and gentle on my DD's skin, the balm seemed to really moisturise and not irritate her skin.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? Probably after a couple of weeks.

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? It was soothing on itchy patches of skin but didn't stop the itchiness altogether.

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Yes, it was a convenient design, especially not being a liquid it was easy to carry out and about without any leakages.

Thank you LRP and MN.

mummychezza Fri 19-Apr-19 22:31:54

Great product.products had a nice texture and absorbed easily into the skin instantly softening.
Great improvements in flare ups and itching whilst using this range of products.
The stick really does give instant relief anytime and handy to be put in my bag when out and about .we have thoroughly enjoyed trying these products as they do work well for us and has definitely improved skin and itching whilst using this range of products.thankyou from two soft and soothed girls and a very happy mummy.

mummychezza Fri 19-Apr-19 23:36:27

The texture of the cream was nice and absorbed easily into the skin instantly softening.
These products worked well for us and has definitely improved skin and itching.
The pocket stick is great it really does give instant relief.great to keep in my bag while out and about.will continue to use these products as they do work well.we have thoroughly enjoyed trying these products,thankyou from two soft and soothed girls and their very happy mummy.

AlfieTheRailwayCat Sat 20-Apr-19 01:49:47

Very thick but sinks in easily so baby isn’t left greasy and slippery!

Yes! Babies skin is much smoother, area behind knees had much improved.

Probably around 5 days.

Hard to tell as baby is only 6 months but he seemed to itch his head less in his car seat.

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient
Yes - handy to take with me. Would probably keep a mini version in my charging bag for ultimate conveince as it is still quite big for an “on the go” product.

SinkGirl Sat 20-Apr-19 06:49:06

These products came at just the right time for us as my twins had a flare up of their skin issues and were scratching terribly all the time.

It’s lovely - it seems like a cross between a cream moisturiser and a slightly each emollient. It goes on really smoothly and feels lovely, not greasy at all, and sinks in quickly.

I believe so - we’ve used all three products together, and overall they are itching far less, they were covered in scratches before we started and now there are none. I’m not even sure if this flare up was eczema but whatever it was, the products have helped it to calm down significantly. I would definitely buy it when these run out.

A couple of days before I saw a change but they obviously felt better quickly as they were immediacy scratching less often

Yes, it’s very soothing and seemed to help a lot

Yes, it’s so handy! Will fit easily in your bag or pocket and just glides on. So much easier than trying to apply creams all the time!

Goingovertosusanshouse Sat 20-Apr-19 09:19:16

. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm?
It was quite thick but rubbed into skin easily.
2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? Yes, his skin is far less dry and itchy.
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? Within 2-3 days.
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? Yes, this is such a great product.
Yes, so easy to apply, keep in bag and gave instant results.

Have already purchased some other items from la Roche posay as have been so impressed.

laura02917 Sat 20-Apr-19 11:39:24

1. The texture is Nice and smooth. Tje product is easy to apply.

2. I didnt find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved heroverall skin condition. I actually found it made her flare up more.

3. Didn't really see any improvement as it made her skin flare up more and caused some rashes to develop.

4. Using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick did help immediately soothe itchy dry skin and is very handy to carry around but it wasn't so smooth to apply as the others.

5. The LIPIKAR Stick AP is very convenient and handy to carry around

Meilix Sat 20-Apr-19 21:29:34

Lovely, loved the texture and was really nice to apply.

Sadly not, his skin flared up instead so we didn't persist with the balm but continued with our previously used cream as we didn't want his skin to get worse.

Sadly didn't notice an improvement.

Yes, loved this stick! When he started itching I used it and it definitely seemed to help!

Super helpful, I keep it in our changing bag so it's always with us!

KandJblog Sun 21-Apr-19 18:33:28

1- texture was perfect, not too thin and wet but not overly thick either. Just right

2- perfect for every day use and has definitely helped my boys dry skin

3- noticed improvement within a couple of weeks

4- yes it did help with most itchy flare ups

5- loved the stick, a very different idea but it worked really well and was useful. I take it out with us in my boys nappy bag now so it's on hand

Backhometothenorth Sun 21-Apr-19 20:15:22

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? Lovely texture and non- greasy which is great
2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? A noticeable difference! She really likes it
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? 5 days
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? Yes that is a very handy product
5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Very- will definitely buy this again. Thank you for the products smile

leanneth Mon 22-Apr-19 15:51:14

My son didn’t like the feel of the balm and kept trying to wipe it off. I had to hope that some stayed on, which it did!

Definitely!

Very quickly, within a couple of days.

It seemed to help, yes.

Definitely. I liked that it also confirmed that it’s ok to use on eyelids, which is one of the places my son needs it. I’m usually really wary about using products near his eyes so was very glad it was actually made for this!

Thank you so much for selecting us!

Readitandsleep Mon 22-Apr-19 17:46:35

The balm texture was great. My daughter usually complains about the creams, possibly because they’re so thick but seemed happier with this.

Yes, definitely. I found the wash particularly useful as it made bath time less drying to her skin.

The itchiness seemed better within a few days but does still occur.

I found this very helpful, particularly during the night. It had a novelty value my daughter liked.

Yes, particularly at night.

Withington Mon 22-Apr-19 20:00:40

Easy. Nice texture, non-greasy, didn't leave lots of residue on my hands.

Massively. It's made a huge difference to her skin - it's incredibly soft and smooth. I really wasnt expecting much of a difference versus the oilatum we used to use but it has been really noticeable. We are definitely converts (I love it too!)

Very quickly - a few days?

We didn't really need to use it to be honest as theres been such an improvement in the skin condition. She has used it for fun though as she loves the format of the stick!

Yes as above - she liked putting it on herself.

lottieleo Tue 23-Apr-19 11:42:43

Easy use, creamy and non Greasy. Doesn't leave a film or feel sticky.
Used it every other day and no flare ups since. Legs are clear and smooth after an episode of cracked and bleeding
After 3 uses
Brilliant product absolutely loved the pocket stick. Used through out the day and believe this is the main reason for such good results.
Yes again really rate this product easy to keep in your bag

Only comment is other people commented on the smell saying it reminded them
Of paint.
Will definitely be purchasing the wash and stick again

Ladymoet007 Tue 23-Apr-19 11:57:13

Ans: it was very smooth glided on and rich and went into skin

Ans: Yes it did improve over the days and weeks lots of the dry skin on back is nearly gone and on the knees and legs

Ans: noticed an improvement within a few days and it improved dramatically over the weeks

Ans: yes did use the pocket stick was really useful when travelling and helped so much on the go when my little one was itching like crazy and it worked within mind very convenient.😊

Ans:yes found it very convenient when travelling a travel size stick would be good as well easy to clean easy to pack.

Really good range so happy for the kids it has helped immensely and thanks for the opportunity to test 😊

Gemmareed281 Tue 23-Apr-19 19:07:56

I was super chuffed to be picked to test this out on my daughter as we struggle to find products that help her skin. She’s suffered on and off with eczema since birth and gets flare ups for various reasons and we are currently going though a flare up. We were away for the weekend at my in laws and I totally forgot to pack any cream as her skin had been okay but whilst away, it came back! Have absolutely no idea why but hey ho... we’ve been home 2 days and within those 2 days I’ve been applying the cream and the anti itch balm on my daughter and like magic, it’s cleared up so I’m definitely a fan!!

The cream is thick but not an unpleasant thickness that you get with most dry skin emollient cream. I found it pleasant to apply and my daughter had no complaints, and she’s a hard one to please!

100% yes, we above for an example of how quickly it helps too!

We applied at night before bed and the next morning there was a significant improvement of the appearance of her poor skin!

Yes! I used it and explained to my daughter it should help stop the itching and she told me it helped! I also suffered an itchy hand last week, it was driving me insane! I have no idea what was causing it but I was making my
Skin so fed for itching it. When I got home, I thought to try the stick and it was like in instant relief! Amazing stuff!!

Yes, so easy to pop in my handbag or any bag being used for a day out. I won’t leave the house without it now!

Thank you for allowing us to test these products, I’m super chuffed with them smile

shutzpa Tue 23-Apr-19 19:34:39

Really nice and smooth, but not sticky! 😊
It really did! My dd has had a bad bout of dry skin lately and thus cleared it up quickly 👍🏻
About 4 days to see a noticeable improvement.
Yes, dd used it on the back of her knees when they were itchy. She seemed soothed instantly.
Yes very 😊

Timeless19 Tue 23-Apr-19 21:14:30

I really like the balm it was thick and creamy yet easily rubbed into the skin and didn't leave a greasy residue. The bottle is a generous size and the pump really handy when juggling a baby on the changing table.

Initially I would have said it didn't make a huge difference but having just come back from a week away where I did not use the product, we had a red dry itchy flare up when we were away and since coming back and using the balm it has calmed it significantly. For us it doesn't get rid of the dry itchy skin completely but using the balm seems to last longer than Aveeno which is what we used previously. Aveeno would need to be applied morning and night, whilst the balm only really needs to be applied at night. This is a plus for me as I would rather use less product on my babies delicate skin.

Probably a couple of weeks. I didn't get on so well with the wash, it says its suitable for cradle cap but after a weeks use the cradle cap had returned and I reverted to our previous wash. I did like the balm its the best lotion I have used on our baby.

Yes it did on the rare occassion we needed it.

Yes I did, very handy for travelling and whilst away from home, however for me it was a nice to have rather than a must have.

Overall the balm was a big winner for us and I will be buy in the future

FloatOn Wed 24-Apr-19 15:59:11

Although the texture felt thick once applied it blended nicely into the skin and did not leave any residue. This was great for getting PJs/Clothes on straight on after.

Absolutely, her skin has definitely improved, especially on the inside of her elbows and back of her knees.

Very quickly, probably after a few days.

The pocket stick was great, she doesn't like getting creams put on, but the novelty of the stick was fantastic and she could do it herself. It definitely helped to sooth the itching.

Yes it is just a perfect size for taking out in my bag with us, and would be convenient for travel.

Thank you for choosing us to trial it.

GroggyLegs Wed 24-Apr-19 20:43:33

It was very rich, but not greasy. Pump applicator is great. My DS first comment after I put it on him was 'it doesn't sting mummy' which is a huge part of why I'm a convert.

Absolutely. The red patches on his legs have completely disappeared (and they were the worst affected)and his arms & chest are dramatically improved.

Around 3-4 days. Very quickly saw an improvement.

The wash & lotion were so effective we have not had to use the stick. I used it as a lip balm a few times, it's quite hard but not sticky or greasy.

As above, but its small enough to keep in a bag for on the go use.

This product really worked on my son's mild, but persistent eczema. Thank you for the opportunity to try it. I will definitely continue to use the balm and wash.

MadameJosephine Thu 25-Apr-19 19:58:31

It felt really rich but wasn’t greasy like others I’ve tried. Absorbed quickly and left skin really smooth and soft

Definitely, one particularly stubborn patch of eczema that we’ve tried all sorts in had vanished within the first week. I was amazed with the results

I noticed an improvement within a couple of days and within a week some eczema patches had completely vanished

Yes, it worked really well

It was handy to be able to carry a moisturiser around without worrying about leaking in my bag

Overall I was delighted with the results using this product. I will definite be buying it again when this runs out (which will be a while actually because you don’t need to use a lot). I’ve already recommended the range to friends and am very grateful for the opportunity to try it. I’d never heard of the brand before and would probably not have tried it without being chosen for the trial

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Thu 25-Apr-19 21:03:12

Nice, not sticky or greasy.

Sadly not ☹️

No noticeable improvement.

It did, my little boy loved me using it and went into a sort of trance, it seems very soothing!

Yes, very much so. Although the balm and wash haven’t helped very much, the stick is good for calming flare ups and stopping scratching so I would definitely consider buying it in future.

Charliejr16 Thu 25-Apr-19 23:20:42

Great, very rich but easy to apply and work into the skin.

Definately, parts of DS's back felt like sandpaper but that's all but gone now.

Around a week.

100%, especially on DS's face & neck which flare up most often. So handy being able to carry that in his bag and just rub a bit on when needed.

Very convenient, loved the product.

Potsie Fri 26-Apr-19 07:46:31

I liked the texture, it was easy to apply and absorbed well.

Yes, her skin has really improved

About a week

We had one flare up and it relieved the itch immediately- I was very impressed!

Yes, it was very easy to use

LegoCake Fri 26-Apr-19 11:47:48

Apologies, I didn't fill this all in. So here goes:

Very thick, rubbed in fairly easily but too greasy for my liking

2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? Not significantly

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? No real improvement

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? No

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Yes I would use this if it worked

lilstar Fri 26-Apr-19 12:34:37

Went on smoothly with great coverage and absorption however I found it quite greasy.

Balm yes, however I am wary of bathing everyday with dry skin, and so am not sure about the effectiveness of daily use of the Syndet for bathing.

It was obvious to me after 3 days that these products were having a positive and noticable effect on my sons skin.

It did help with the dryness appearance wise. I did not notice an obvious deline in scratching and as my boy is non verbal he was unable to tell me if it helped with any itching.

Yes, it was particularly convenient for targeting the most difficult patches when short of time and unable to apply balm to the full body.

HJWT Sat 27-Apr-19 07:39:13

REVIEW FROM SOMEONE WHO BOUGHT THE PRODUCTS.....

Did nothing for my DD's skin, all it has done is dry the eczema out leaving it very flaky.

👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

alittlepieceofme Sat 27-Apr-19 08:19:00

The texture was lovely, not greasy and sunk into the skin quickly!
We started using it is part of our routine straight away and I feel it definitely improved my child's skin

It took a few days to start working as my child was having a particularly bad flare up at the time.
I only used the stick a few times because as the other products began to work he didn't itch in between applications.
It was very convenient, I liked the size making it easy to carry around. Far easier than carrying around a big bottle of moisturiser.

We have loved using the products, I only have positive things to say and would definitely recommend them! Thank you for the opportunity of using the products.

Gabbyaug Sat 27-Apr-19 12:42:55

The texture is lovely, very easy to apply.
Yes, definitely, it has made a huge difference to her skin. we have previously tried Child's Farm & Zeroderm with some success, but the LIPIKAR range has virtually cleared her eczema completely.
Within a couple of days.
We didn't find this as effective as the body balm.
Yes but this isn't the best product for us.

Although the products are quite expensive, I will buy the body wash & the body balm in the future as we have found them to be so effective.

Ru1984 Sat 27-Apr-19 13:46:51

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? I found the texture quite thick and not too runny so it was easy to apply. Also having the nozzle at the top made it easy to use as much as you need.

2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? My son skin seems softer and more hydrated. Whereas other brands will make his skin dry quicker.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? I noticed the improvement after a few days to a week.

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? I didn't use this product as my son has mild dry skin and not eczema. But I recommended the product to my brother who has eczema.

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? I do think the format of the stick to be convenient. It's small therefore handy and isn't runny so it be easy to use.

David0071 Sun 28-Apr-19 15:26:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Cameronandmama Sun 28-Apr-19 23:03:18

Love the pump action, makes it easier when dealing with a toddler who runs away. The texture is lovely and smooth, a little greasy but no more so than other balms I've tried. It rubs into the skin really well and absorbs quickly.

Absolutely! His skin is less red than its ever been. He scratches very rarely now. His skin is also so soft which is a godsend since we've tried practically every cream, balm and lotion recommended!

Within a week! Sometimes other creams clear the skin and then stops working after a week or so but not the case here. His skin has continually improved since using this range.

Yes. It Worked well.

Absolutely, it's handy to throw into your handbag, changing bag, schoolbag to use on the go. I love that it's a stick, less mess for on the go and can let children get involved and use it themselves.

All in all I'm super pleased with this range, especially the balm. It's been a game changer and brilliant that it only has to be used once a day.

looby11 Mon 29-Apr-19 07:44:19

I bought the wash myself so not a sponsored tester but an independent one. Purchased to help with a bout of perioral dermatitis. Unfortunately only realised after purchase and mire research into my condition that it and including other sensitive skin conditions like excess and acne prone skin are exacerbated the products that contain SLS
It is a big no no in my book include such ingredient. So I would not recommend.

BigBroIsWatching Tue 30-Apr-19 12:59:04

The balm had a lovely glossy texture, which didn't feel too.greasy and sunk in quite well. Only thing I found frustrating, was the pump felt quite stiff. Whether that was just a malfunction on our particular pump?
Her skin did visually improve, and it felt smoother than usual. The itch still persisted however.
If took a couple of weeks of daily use before we noticed a significant difference.
I wouldn't necessarily say it stopped the symptom, but she did say she didn't want to scratch one it was applied. So I'm guessing g it helped somewhat!
It's handy to keep in my handbag for the children, yes.

Jamybug Tue 30-Apr-19 13:28:08

My 4 month old child has very dry skin and bad eczema all over his face and body. He rubs his face so much that his cheeks have started weeping and needed antibiotics to stop the infection.

The body balm is very thick and easy to apply. It is greasier than Aveeno emollient cream and Child's farm lotions (which are too lightweight for my son's very dry skin), which is perfect!

What I don't like about the packaging is that with the pump and a narrow opening, when getting to the end of the bottle there's always a lot at the bottom that you can't get out.

I didn't use the body wash so much, as the doctor said we should not use any cleaning product when bathing him. I do use it to wash my son's hair every 2-3 days and the cradle cap has gotten better (not sure if it's just time for the cradle cap to go away or if it was the body wash though...).

after about 5-7 days.

4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?

My son only scratches his face and, with the weeping skin, I avoided using too many products on his face. But it seems like a great idea and will definitely be trying it out when my son's a little older.

I like the idea of a stick - looks convenient and easy to pop into a travel bag.

tracey1mitchell Tue 30-Apr-19 13:29:28

1. How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? The texture was light and smooth and was applied very easily as it didn’t need much rubbing into the skin.
2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? Yes definitely using these products have improved my child’s skin condition.
3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? I actually think I noticed a difference instantly, the skin was much less dry the following day after first use.
4. Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? Yes left the skin less itchy.
5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? The skin is a strange product to carry around but I cannot think of an alternative way

Alex25hjc Tue 30-Apr-19 15:35:22

We really enjoyed using this products , my little ones skin is not dry anymore and his eczema almost disappeared and I’m really surprised and happy of that. Thank you for this grate opportunity of trying this amazing products !

hurrythefuckupgeorge Tue 30-Apr-19 15:37:17

Really nice texture which absorbed quickly. Wasn't greasy or thick on the skin. Easy to apply with the pump bottle which I am a big fan of.

Yes we noticed a massive improvement, my 5 year olds irritated and itchy skin is now clear.

Within 4 days we noticed a massive improvement and her skin was clear within 10 days.

Yes although after the 10 days we haven't needed to use it as the wash and lotion routine has cleared her skin totally. Definitely handy to have incase of any flare ups.

Yes very convenient and a nice size to carry around.

Thanks for choosing us for the trial

Emabby Wed 01-May-19 12:34:06

The LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm is smooth it sinks in rapidly and provided brilliant and much needed relief with continuing use we noticed an immediate improvement sticking to a easy routine it’s defiantly stopped the weeping

The LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick gives immediate relief from itching skin.
The LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick was convenient and easy to use to provides instant relief for little on the go flare ups

I wouldn’t be able to change now since we stopped the flares were back to normal it really does make a noticeable difference and with continuing use I can honestly see this changing my lil ones life for the better!

happymummy12345 Wed 01-May-19 13:17:37

I wanted to try this but yet again i was not selected. My son has dry skint so i would like to know if it's worth trying or not?

Eh1112 Wed 01-May-19 15:08:30

How did you find the texture and application of the LIPIKAR Balm AP+ body balm? I found the balm initially quite oily but after it had sunk into the skin it left a lovely smooth texture.

Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? Definitely, without a doubt! My daughter suffered with patches of very dry skin and it has completely cleared up after only a couple of weeks.

How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? It took about a week to see an improvement and two weeks to completely clear up her dry skin.

Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups? We only used the stick on two occasions as the other products were so effective. However on both occasions it helped her skin, soaking in quickly and leaving it smooth to touch.

Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Yes. It was perfect changing back size!

TweetleBeetlesBattle Wed 01-May-19 17:21:34

Fine and very fluid, sunk into skin nicely, didnt feel greasy or claggy or dense

It does definite feel better, scaly patches are reduced, especially large areas have become smaller and skin isnt so rough. Shes not waking up covered in scratches now either.

Two weeks to see it but complaints about scratching reduced almost immediately .

Yes, like this a lot. Was especially useful on the airplane for dryness as it couldn't spill or expand into a big mess. Its quick to rub on when out and about without getting cream everywhere.

Yes, like this a lot. Portable in a small stick, easy in the handbag. Was especially useful on the airplane as it couldn't spill or expand into a big mess.

Thanks for picking us for this. I do really like the products and feel they've helped.

SinkGirl Wed 01-May-19 20:13:29

@happymummy12345 I’d try the main lotion balm, I think it’s the best product of the 3

Bouncylion Wed 01-May-19 20:36:41

Really nice. Lovely to apply and left the skin feeling very soft

Yes it has. Persistent dry patches have cleared up

3 - 4 days

Didn't use it much but it seemed effective when used

Yes. We took it swimming to use on the worst patches before following up with the cream at home. Much easier to transport than the big cream bottles and handy to use quickly in the cold changing rooms

Ssana Wed 01-May-19 23:25:47

Hi all!
We have had a good trial these past few weeks. The body balm was the nicest out of all 3 La Roche Posay (LP) products to use. The texture however seemed a little rubbery yet rich and easy to apply. It had to absorb for a good 10 minutes before getting dressed or it would stick to clothes. We did apply a generous amount though.

Now after some time we can surely confirm that the dryness, flakiness and itchy patches have reduced in amount and intensity but it took a good three or four days for it to properly work. We found that reapplication of the body balm was necessary the following morning after bath as well.

The body wash was a little less foaming than expected but really gentle on skin.

We did use the pocket stick of course, and as mentioned a few weeks ago it quickly became our favourite before we could properly trial the remaining products.
The size is convenient but texture could be just slightly softer (personal preference I guess).

Overall I'm glad my little one has had a chance to try the LP range and we will definitely be looking into purchasing the set.

Gruzinkerbell1 Thu 02-May-19 15:10:00

My daughter gets eczema flare ups during warm weather, so these past few days have seen a rash come up. The pocket stick in particular is amazing! It lives in her school bag now and gives her instant relief. Her skin almost immediately loses its red and angry appearance and she is much more comfortable. She calls it her “magic cream”.

The body is cream is lovely. Not too thick but not watery either. It absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn’t stay greasy. I’ve noticed an improvement with the dry skin on my hands just from applying it to DD. Smells nice too!

I’ll be buying more.

Niuniaaa198 Thu 02-May-19 15:54:28

Very nice easy to applay, no odour after using

Yes I'm using every day

They are works from a couple day of my using. Skin my son is very moisture and sensitive now. No more problem with eczema. I'm tray other ointments or cream they help but for a week and after eczema back. I'm using every day la Roche from about 2months and no problem no itches.

Yes it's help straight away easy to use, no problem with split

Perfect size I can fit it in my bag and take every where

Thanks la Roche for a trust. It's the best line I'm very satisfying and my son finnaly is happy no itches no more dry skin. I would like recommend for every how have prob with eczema or dry skin.

TSellick Thu 02-May-19 16:02:07

I found this product really easy to use. The pumps on the bottle helped and the cream didn't come out to fast. Its smooth and isn't sticky like some others.

Yes. It has been great. I have definitely noticed a difference.

I noticed after 3-4 days. His skin didn't look so red from all the itching. And has looked better every day since.

Yes. It is very easy to use and really noticed a difference.

Yes. It's a great small sized product to fit in my bag. It is hard to find a product that can fit so this is great.

Overall I am really happy with the creams and am thankful I was picked to test this product. I have struggled with finding the right cream and although have seen this branded product on the shelf have been hesitant in trying. I now wouldn't hesitate to buy again as these products have really helped my sons skin. And have now recommended to some of my friends who have kids with sensitive skin aswell.

shortbreadsharon Thu 02-May-19 18:04:35

These 3 are amazing and really helped with my sons itchy skin. I love how well the body balm absorbed and provided instant relief. The wash was so delicate and the stick is convenient for when you are on the go. Will be buying these from now on and recommending to everyone

MrsElizabethShelby Thu 02-May-19 18:21:07

Really lovely, feels like a really good quality body lotion, soaks in nicely and not at all sticky or greasy.

Yes much less itchy, dry and sore.

About a week

Yes, really liked this product and would purchase another

Yes easy to transport and non-messy

MrsElizabethShelby Thu 02-May-19 18:23:22

Forgot to say, the wash is really nice. Truly unscented no unpleasant chemically smell. Non greasy. You feel really clean afterward

Mum2B5 Thu 02-May-19 19:54:51

Both products were very smooth and creamy to touch. One thing I dislike about a lot of products is the way they make my hands feel when I’m applying them to my baby. I usually feel as though I need to wash my hands straight away as the textures can feel almost too oily. These two products are the complete opposite. Easy to apply, absorbs into the skin very well and non greasy.

2. Did you find that using LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ every day as part of your child’s bath time routine improved your child’s overall skin condition over the past few weeks? Yes, most definitely. The first few times I used the product I didn’t notice much change, in fact I would say it didn’t improve it at all but made his dry skin slightly more dryer. However, as I continued with it I noticed such an improvement and his skin condition has more or less cleared up. The only thing I would not use it for is my sons hair. I found his hair got quite dry when using the hair and body wash so I just stuck to using it on his body instead.

3. How quickly after starting to use LIPIKAR Syndet AP+ and LIPIKAR Balm AP+ daily did you notice an improvement in your child’s skin condition? After a week or so using the products.

Yes, within an instant. The moment I saw any dryness I applied the LIPIKAR AP+ stick and it soothed my sons dry skin and kept it moist throughout the day. I continued to apply it on areas where he was more prone to dryness even though it didn’t always need it and I think
that really helped. Consistency.

5. Did you find the format of the LIPIKAR Stick AP+ convenient? Very convenient. Was able to pop into my baby bag when out and about and able to use on my baby as and when needed. Lightweight and easy to use and put away. Hassle free and simple which is great with little ones. It makes changing baby so much easier especially when needing to apply lotions or creams to an itchy baby.

trinah Thu 02-May-19 22:51:11

These products helped my daughter and my mum who both have eczema so much the change in the look and feel of there is alot better and they have both stopped itching all the time.

Mags5 Fri 03-May-19 18:51:18

At first i was abit worried about using this so when it arrived i only used a little bit and i coyld see a differnt with my little ones skin so i tryed the lot. Really loved this stuff help well with my son's out breaks of ezama also help with my dry areas of skin the pocket size was great to take about with us specially if my Son was having a sleep over at his dads.

Only wish we got a few extra of the pocket size as I'l be lost when it does finally run out.

MoltenChocolateBabycake Fri 03-May-19 18:59:54

It was lovely and creamy, soaked in quickly

Unfortunately we only applied the balm twice as my child had a reaction to it and it hurt. It didn't make much difference in those two days! The Syndet didn't cause any adverse reactions and we are still using it.

As above

Yes, we found this particularly useful during the night when our child woke up itching. The stick relieved the itching quickly and we could go back to sleep.

Yes.

MummyTo3Beauts Tue 07-May-19 10:54:28

Unfortunately as soon as I put the cream on my daughter she said it stung and cried until I wiped it off! She wouldn't try it again after that, which is a shame.

MummaBear1982 Tue 07-May-19 12:10:23

I found them very easy to apply & absorbed very quickly which was a bonus as my daughter hated the creams that left her sticky.

Yes a big difference, my daughter used to hate bath time because her skin was always sore and nippy from scratching, but now she'll ask to stay in longer because shes all better now she says.

I noticed a difference in 2 days, she was scratching less, & she was less irritable, also she was finally getting a peaceful nights sleep without scratching herself till she bled,.

Did using the LIPIKAR AP+ pocket-stick help immediately soothe itchy dry skin flare-ups?

Yes definetly, plus it was a perfect size to carry with me at all times incase my wee yin has a quick itch.

Yes i think its great, i have it on me at all times, my daughter calls it the magic roll on.

Mmarmite Tue 07-May-19 12:56:51

The texture and application of the cream was just right. A little went quite a long way and it felt nice to apply. My baby enjoyed the massage! Using the products has definitely helped my baby’s skin. He had some patches of eczema behind his knees, under his armpits, in the creases if his neck and on the back of his neck. After only a couple of applications I noticed an improvement and now a few weeks on there is virtually no sign of the eczema. The pocket stick is extremely convenient for applying on the go. I even used it myself to soothe some insect bites and found that it helped. I have really enjoyed using these products and feel they definitely worked to clear up my baby’s eczema.

Mouthfulofquiz Tue 07-May-19 14:40:21

My little boy absolutely loved these products. He liked the moisturising stick which he then broke!
The skin wash alone is amazing, it leaves his skin very soft and works well in the bath or shower. The cream has been great for the itchy skin he has on his legs. I will be buying more.

Heidiboo2002 Tue 07-May-19 15:35:06

These products are amazing my daughter said she felt instant relief when she applied the cream on her sore dry skin. My daughter wouldn’t be without these products. Finally something that works without a prescription

Tarik1310 Thu 09-May-19 19:40:22

I CURRENTLY LOOK AFTER CHILDREN AND I AM LOOKING FR A DRIVER TO HELP ME TRANSPORT CHILDREN TO SCHOOL. I HAVE MET WITH A DRIVER WHO HAS JUST PASSED HER DRIVING TEST. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A PERIOD OF TIME THAT SOMEONE NEEDS TO BE DRIVING FOR BEFORE I ALLOW THEM TO TRANSPORT CHILDREN

MummyTo3Beauts Sun 19-May-19 12:36:52

After posting on here about it not suiting my daughters skin. I decided to try it myself. I have very dry sensitive skin and also suffer from eczema. After using the cream for about a week the results have been fab. Has helped my skin unbelievably, feels soft and is not flaking. Have had no eczema flare ups, so not sure how well it works on them yet. Would definitely recommend xx

JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 03-Sep-19 15:25:37

Thanks all for giving your feedback! The winner of the prize draw was @WilmaJean

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »