Talk

Advanced search

Read Mumsnet users feedback on the new Kinder Ice Creams

(214 Posts)
EllieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Apr-19 09:55:04

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who tried the new Kinder Ice Cream Stick and the Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich with their families.

Here’s what Kinder Ice Cream has to say: “KINDER Ice Cream Stick and KINDER Ice Cream Sandwich are all 100 calories or less and made with fresh milk. Each variant comes in small portion sizes, with packs featuring a ‘Responsibly Made For Kids’ logo* that will help families make the right choice when it comes to enjoying a tasty treat as part of a balanced and varied diet.*”

Testers please answer the following questions:
- Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream?
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike?
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike?
- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not.
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be?

Selected testers will be required to leave their feedback on a thread on Mumsnet. All testers who leave the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where 3 MNers will win a £100 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw.
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

*Wall’s Responsible Made for Kids logo means they have been formulated to meet our set nutritional criteria for calories, saturated fat and sugar as part of the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan – meaning that no kids ice creams will contain more than <110kcal and <3g saturated fat per single serving and <20g added sugar per 100g.

BristolMum96 Mon 08-Apr-19 11:09:20

Not very. Both products bland and boring.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike?
Liked the chocolate covering but wasn't enough of it. The ice cream was very plain. Good size for a child though. I had to eat 2...

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike?
Again very plain. Neither of us liked any part of the sandwich ice cream.

- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not
No. Price tag for what you get is too high. Products look and taste cheap.

- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not.
No I wouldn't recommend as I thought both products were bland and not a treat.

- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be?
Proper chocolate hazelnut flavour creamy ice cream with chunks of bueno throughout! (Tub sort not cone/stick/sandwich)

xkezzkezz90x Mon 08-Apr-19 11:51:46

Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream?
•We all loved them
•I love the fact they are made from milk as my 10 year old doesn't like milk unless flavoured, and he happily ate these with no question and was suprised when i told him what the ingredients are.
• They Taste delicious my only downsides would be that they are rather small and didnt remind me of kinder at all other than the kinder logo.
•Yes i would as then i know they would be getting calcium but still taste delicious
I would recommend in terms of taste and healthiness but the price is a little steep for what you get.
A chocolate icelolly that tastes exactly like a kinder egg smile

Vole3 Mon 08-Apr-19 11:56:03

Good to get 10 sticks in a packet.
Packaging attractive.
I was happy with the products, but if you’re used to chocolate on chocolate it would be a bit of a come down.

A partly chocolate covered version of the vanilla mini milk. Ideal for little hands and those wanting to watch calories. Easy to keep in the freezer as not too naughty a treat. DS preferred the sandwich and the cones that we bought as well - really thick chocolate on the top of the cones.

I didn’t eat the sandwich as I’m gluten free. DS said it was ok, but prefers chocolate versions available from other ranges.

Not sure, would depend on whether I’m looking for a bit more luxury and price point compared to similar items.

I would say there are similar items on the market and would depend on personal preference and price point
DS loved the kinder cones best of all. He loves chocolate and crunch, so something based on the white chocolate Bueno would be his idea of heaven.

ljdove1980 Mon 08-Apr-19 14:01:00

Very satisfied, I love that they are perfectly sized for little ones, as well as being a tasty treats for grown ups. The children love them and I am really impressed with the focus on them being a nutritionally balanced snack as part of a healthy diet.

The children love the sticks although they did say they wish that the entire stick had been covered in chocolate, although for me as a parent this wasn't an issue at all.

Nothing, we all loved the Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich and loved the idea of having a biscuit surround rather than a standard wafer.

Yes definitely. I think the 40% whole milk is a real bonus as it's a fun and tasty way to make sure the kids are getting milk into their diet (my girls don't drink it). I also love that they are all relatively low calorie compared to other similar products so it feels as though they can still enjoy a treat without the high calorie/fat content.

Yes definitely, and I already have! Our friends and family have all been giving them a try and love them equally!

I think something more along the lines of the standard Kinder egg would be great as when my kids hear the word "Kinder" they instantly think of the egg with the toy inside.

Kimali87 Mon 08-Apr-19 14:33:31

Myself and my children think the kinder ice creams were great!

In the words of our 5 year old son it tastes just like a kinder egg but cold. Would be better if it was bigger in size

It was quite nice to be honest, again it would of been better if it was bigger

Yes. The packs of sticks is a pack of 10 for £3.50 which is only 35p each which is a great price for our children who absolutely love kinder eggs

Yes! I would reccomend to all adults / children who love kinder

Mini tubs of kinder ice cream with chocolate chips possibly with honeycomb sprinkles

munchbunch12 Mon 08-Apr-19 15:50:09

Very, overall

Good child sized portions and nice flavours

It was very hard to find, it needs to be stocked in more places! My children liked it but my 4 year old found it a bit messy as it was melting before she'd finished it.

Yes I would due to the child portion size and good flavours

I would, for reasons already given

Maybe choc and orange or choc and strawberry flavours? Or something that tastes like Nutella?

Pinklady1981 Mon 08-Apr-19 15:52:44

Overall as a family we were all satisfied with the products.
We all really enjoyed the sticks,they reminded me of mini milks but with a bit of chocolate. I think they are just the right size especially for kids,just for a little treat.
We didn't really like the sandwich ice creams. Not much flavour,wafer a bit soft.
Yes I would choose the sticks for a family treat as just the right size. Lovely flavour and not too many calories.
Yes I would recommend the sticks only as not too many calories.
When you think of kinder you think of the surprise egg,my 3 yr old absolutely loves them. So I would say maybe something egg shaped or a tub of ice cream with half and half in (white choc/milk choc)

Lilbratz Mon 08-Apr-19 15:53:49

It was a bit "meh" to be honest, other than the labels on the biscuit and stick wouldn't have known it was kinder. really disappointed to be honest.

When you bit into the portion covered in chocolate it did taste of kinder, could have done with the chocolate being all the way down the stick, rather than just the top portion.
Wasn't big enough!

Easy to eat with the soft biscuit, however the biscuit texture was that of "left out " biscuits.

Biscuit takes away the creamy taste of the icecream>
Not easily recognisable as a kinder product other than the name on the biscuit.
Needed some chocolate on it to make it "kinder!".

No, i found them quite bland and not really living upto their famous name. I also found the sandwiches expensive at £3.50 a box of 6.
I prefer mini milk ice lollies over these.
I think you are paying over the odds just to have the name "Kinder" associated with them.

Unfortunate not, I think they are overpriced and not at all matching up to the high expectations I had of kinder as a brand.

Boxed/tub ice cream with chocolate drops in and wafer not soggy old biscuit.

Wanttomakemincepies Mon 08-Apr-19 15:55:45

child with Kinder Ice Cream?
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike?I liked the size. The small amount of chocolate made it feel like enough of a treat. They did seem to start melting quite quickly.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? I liked the size. My son liked the wafer. A small amount of chocolate may be nice.
- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not. I probably would due to sugar content and size. My 9 year old didn't complain about the size.
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. Yes because they are a nice size. They taste good without having too much sugar. However, I think amount of sugar could still be reduced further and it would have little impact on the taste.
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? Chocolate ice cream stick with white chocolate on the outside. Or the little bits on the outside of a bueno.

Kittywampus Mon 08-Apr-19 16:13:59

Just placemarking for when I manage to find them in the shops!

Mumwith6 Mon 08-Apr-19 16:15:18

Overall the kinder ice cream sticks taste amazing!! I was disappointed with the lack of kinder taste though, felt it definitely didn’t taste any what similar to actuall kinders. I think chocolate should be added to the kinder sandwiches as I feel it would taste nicer, too pricey for my liking would choose mini milks everyday over the kinders as I thought they even tasted better. The kinder sticks are too small and not enough chocolate should be all the way down!!
If kinder launched a new product I would love to see kinder bueno tubs of ice cream with the lush bueno filling throughout with no soggy biscuit. Sadly I would not recommend the kinder sticks or sandwiches as overall I think they are too overpriced for the quality and size of the product but did enjoy them but not for the price

mrscee Mon 08-Apr-19 16:15:45

- Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream? My twins loved the the kinder ice creams and I enjoyed them too.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? I don't think we'd had them in the freezer long enough because they fell apart whilst we ate them. We loved the chocolate bit on the top.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? Very tasty 😋 lovely creamy ice cream
- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not I like the fact that they aren't huge and just the right size for small children. I probably wouldn't choose it for myself as they are small.
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. Yes I would recommend as they are ideal as a treat for little children
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? An ice cream version of a kinder bueno would be amazing 😉

Ftumch Mon 08-Apr-19 16:16:57

Fairly satisfied.

DS liked it, I found it too sweet. It was very similar to a mini milk but not as nice.

DS liked this best, I also liked it but again found it too sweet. DH said it would be improved by some chocolate sauce or similar in the icecream.

I might choose them if they were on offer. I would normally choose something more indulgent as we dont eat a lot of ice creams.

Probably not, the ice creams are only ok and its not the sort of things that comes up in conversation often!

Ice cream that tastes like the middle of a Bueno, that would be heaven!

queenoftheschoolrun Mon 08-Apr-19 16:28:18

It took a lot of tracking down and we couldn't find any Ice Cream Sandwiches within a 20 mile radius so gave up in the end. My DD and her friends really enjoyed the Ice Cream Sticks.

I thought they were small and expensive but DD and friends thought they were great, said they tasted nice and didn't comment on the size. They did say they didn't taste anything like Kinder eggs though.

Not available in any local supermarkets.

Not unless they were on special offer. I thought they were small and overpriced but they obviously tasted good.

No, I didn't think they were good value for money or anything special. My DD might though!

Ice cream that tastes of Kinder Eggs

Leeannextx Mon 08-Apr-19 16:31:04

Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream? -
* We were all very satisfied.

What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? -
* Loved the chocolate on the top, tasted amazing, the ice cream was very creamy perfect for my kids who all very much enjoyed them! They where all gone in a day in my house, so huge hit!

What did your child like or dislike? -
* Words of a 5 year old... I loved the chocolate on and with the ice cream it all tasted amazing mixed together.

What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? - I loved the retro feeling of an ice cream sanwhich was like being a child again, tasted lovely and again nice creamy ice cream.

What did your child like or dislike? -
* Words of a 9 year old ... I loved the ice cream sandwich was the best thing I’ve ever tasted, eat it so fast it didn’t have a chance to melt.

Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? -
* Yes I do believe so every now and again!

Please explain why or why not -
* I feel it is little expensive compared to other brands so would be a treat only now and again, won’t be added to weekly shopping list though

Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? -
* YES! Already have done.

Please explain why or why not. -
* Lovey ice cream and will recommend.

If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? -
* I think it would be fantastic if you made an ice cream artic roll... with chocolate on the top YUM!!

SillyMoomin Mon 08-Apr-19 16:47:40

I’m really sorry for this feedback!, never been so negative in a review before, but I guess Kinder do want the truth, so:

Not at all. It wasn’t even a plain vanilla. It was just plain tasted of nothing

Tiny, wafer didn’t taste of the nuttiness we’d expect from kinder, ice cream was bland and didn’t taste creamy

Disliked a lot. Biscuits were plain- there was so much kinder could have done with these! A layer of nutty chocolate on the inside; or chocolate ice cream or something other than tasteless bland biscuit with tasteless not even creamy ice cream.

No. No taste, and too expensive for what they were

No. I wouldn’t want them to be disappointed

Something that actually tasted on kinder chocolate

PopWentTheWeasel Mon 08-Apr-19 16:55:54

My child loved the products. I liked that you got 6 - 10 items in a pack so they have the potential to last longer than, say, a 3-pack of magnums, especially if you have a crowd of children around.

I disliked the flavour - sorry. I think it's the similarity on appearance to Mini Milks. I epxected it to be vanilla flavoured but just tasted like Kinder Egg, which I guess is what it's meant to do. DS loved it and preferred it to the sandwich version.

I liked the design of these - they reminded me of the ice cream that my grandmother hand in the early 1980s when you could buy a block of ice cream and cut it into chunks to serve in a wafer sandwich. I was remeniscing over this with DS, who humoured me. I like that there's nothing else similar to this on the market.

DS liked these less, I suspect because of the lack of chocolate, but they still disappeared from the freezer so they weren't that unpopular.

I would compare these with the Haribo lollies that have gummy bears in the handle. These would seem to be less sweet, because of the lack of gummy bears, so I'd buy this for DS in preference, if we saw both on a day out.

Yes if I knew their children liked the Kinder chocolate eggs.

Something with dark chocolate or mint, more grown up flavours so they'd appeal more to the whole family.

Thank you for inviting us to test them out. DS' face when told we'd be going to get free ice cream was something to behold.

Kellyplus05 Mon 08-Apr-19 17:03:18

- Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream? Not overly satisfied
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? My kids didn't like the taste of nuts on the ice cream
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? Couldn't find any to purchase
- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? No as my kids didn't rate them
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. Yes I would recommend to friends and family as not all kids are like mine an are picky lol
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? An ice cream version of a kinder bueno would be amazing

EllieTea Mon 08-Apr-19 17:08:12

I loved them! Although did think they were quite expensive.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? I loved the kinder ice cream stick, the chocolate tasted lovely, just a shame there wasn’t more chocolate. My daughter thought the same.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? Wasn’t keen on these. Would of been so much nicer with chocolate ice cream.
- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not. I would only buy the ice cream on the stick again, but only if they were on special offer.
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. I would recommend them, as think they are nice, I’m sure kids will love them as a treat.
Would like more of a egg ice cream just like the kinder egg. And something with more kinder chocolate!

SamA3 Mon 08-Apr-19 17:17:50

The whole family enjoyed these, all were satisfied.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick?
I liked the size, but found the ice cream bland and chocolate was lacking.

What did your child like or dislike? My child liked everything about these little sticks of joy

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich?
Whilst they tasted nice, the lack of chocolate was disappointing.

What did your child like or dislike? My child really enjoyed these, although they were a little messy once they start to melt in tiny hands.

- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? I probably would, yes.

Please explain why or why not? My child enjoyed these so I would buy again, but I did find they were quite over priced and it was difficult to find a stockist for the sandwiches

- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Yes, if they have youngsters

Please explain why or why not. I would recommend because they are something different.

I would like to see a slightly bigger ice cream on a stick but with much more chocolate and more nuttiness, I don't feel these resemble the kinder brand well.

Thisoneorthatone Mon 08-Apr-19 17:38:36

They were yummy and I was really pleased to try them but I felt like there was definite room for improvement.

What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike?
My 6, 4, 2 year old and I all tried these. My 2yo said "it Yummy!", the 6 year old said "Fantastic! Like the chocolate bit" and the 4 year old said 'like the white bit; the white bit was so shivery and so yummy".
One of the icecreams broke at the bottom of the chocolate bit when I unwrapped it but my 2 year old (surprisingly) decided to accept a swop without complaint.
The creamy Kinder taste comes across surprisingly well. I felt like it could have done with one more component for me (cookie dough? Another layer?) but I'm greedy. Good size for all my age children. Relative healthiness reassuring. The sticks are a bit small (scared of icecream sticks since our little dog ate one when baby dropped his icecream) but that can't be helped really.

What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike?
The corners broke a bit when I opened them and they weren't wafer like I expected, more mushy biscuit. The 6yr old and 4yr old agree they taste like marshmallow. Good sizes. 4 yr old (who has never seen an Andrex ad) said "it smells like warm air from outside". One of them said "Yum yum scrum yum."
It could be good with chocolate drizzled on top or half dipped into chocolate. It felt like it would be good to make into a sundae. I did like the wafer despite it being mushy biscuit but it needed something else, some chocolate or a Bueno hazelnut layer.

Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not
I definitely wouldn't rule out buying them again, especially the icecream sandwiches, because I do love the size and they're nicer than mini milks. They're also quite a good price especially the sticks. The stick one breaking put me off those a bit though because it was hard to eat broken and my fingers got cold, plus if it had happened to more than one we might have had tears. I would buy the sandwich ones again though, as a sort of middling icecream treat.

Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not
I would, especially the cream sandwich one, but maybe with reservations. Both were quite bland; though none of my children are that discerning, an ice-cream is an ice-cream, they definitely liked the taste and I was very happy with the size and relative healthiness. They definitely could have been more interesting, maybe the Bueno ones are better.

If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be?
Both tasted more like Kinder than I expected but maybe could have done more so. I like a previous poster's idea of an egg shaped kinder icecream, or maybe a hippo, and it would be good to get more flavours in both of them, chunks of hazelnut or another layer of something. Maybe the stick of the stick one could be a toy like a flute or a whistle. They all had a lot of individual packaging too, it's a shame the sandwich ones couldn't have been sturdy enough to just put in the cardboard packaging. Thank you so much for letting me test them though, three very happy children, ultimately very pleased with all their icecream! gringrin

carolineandbaby Mon 08-Apr-19 17:39:31

My child very satisfied. The sticks were great for my youngest who is just 16 months old. The size of it was ideal for small hands and mouth. My oldest loved the sandwiches more, as did I!

From my perspective it was the price. The price of the sticks was pretty reasonable but the sandwiches (and I also looked at the cones while in store) are quite pricey.

Genuinely nothing. These were really delicious.

Possibly not as there are like for like alternatives at a better price and although they were delicious when you are a family on a budget price can be everything.

Yes as they tasted great. They were a real treat with some much chocolate.

Mini ice cream tubs that could be used for party puddings.

NicHay Mon 08-Apr-19 18:10:12

Satisfied
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? We liked the ice cream stick. Reminiscent of mini milk - a great small stick. The children would have wanted something bigger but mine are older.
I didn’t really like the biscuit but the rest of the family did,
No - expensive for what you get. My children are older and would want something bigger but great for younger children.
I might for younger children but only if they were on offer.
Something with nuts in

The ice cream stick was good for a small snack on a hot day - bit like a mini milk.

lau888 Mon 08-Apr-19 18:18:04

Overall, we were satisfied with Kinder Ice Cream - my younger child thought it was "just right" for them.

It was easy to find the ice cream stick products at our local supermarkets. (So far, I still haven't found the ice cream sandwiches.) I really liked the portion control and the kids liked the ice cream. They thought it had similarities to mini milks and (mini) magnums - in the shape and style. The size of the ice cream is more appropriate for kids than other ice cream products so, yes, I would choose this over similar treats. However, the price point seems high so it wouldn't necessarily be my first choice; it would be one of my preferred choices. Also, it was harder to "sell" it to my elder child as a treat - perhaps because it was plainer than some ice creams. (They did enjoy how easy it was to serve themselves though, and they were happy to eat it.)

I would recommend Kinder ice cream to families with younger kids or, possibly, adults on a calorie restricted diet. My mom tried one of the ice cream sticks and felt it wasn't sweet enough but the kids had no complaints about the taste. My younger child chose to have the Kinder ice creams over other ice creams, as dessert on a second occasion, but my elder child didn't pick it as their first choice (having sampled it on a previous occasion). I don't think I would recommend this universally, as my limited number of taste testers suggest it's more suited to younger kids than adults or older kids. (Personally, I would eat the ice cream sticks but maybe not that many fellow adults still like the taste of Kinder egg chocolate!)

If Kinder Ice Cream were launching a new product, I'd like to see something that targeted older children too. Portion control benefits all ages but a little extra styling could make the ice cream sticks seem "older" or cooler - even something simple like sprinkles/flakes on the chocolate. I would be far more likely to buy Kinder ice cream products if they had the same strength of appeal to the whole family - not just the youngest member! x

Mummabear2212 Mon 08-Apr-19 18:56:38

Fairly, they are very small although they taste nice.

I like the size for a treat or for my son but I didn't like the price for the size. And to be honest they weren't very kinder tasting.

I found them messy to eat and wasn't keen on the biscuit. My son couldn't eat them fast enough to counter act the melting

No, I'd buy another brand or supermarket own for less money and slightly bigger. Although I really likebthe calorie and health aspect

Yes but I would make it clear they are very small but the health and milk content is unique

Small portion controlled tubs rather than or as well as the sandwich to solve the melting problem

MimsyBorogroves Mon 08-Apr-19 19:13:29

My boys liked them, but my eldest thought they were slightly too small. They agreed on 3/5.

I liked the sizes for my children. They were a decent size as a treat without going OTT. For me, they were obviously way too small. Youngest loved the ice cream, describing it as "creamy" and liking the "crunch" of the chocolate.

We all agreed these were a super idea, but found the wafer was a bit too soft which spoilt it somewhat for all of us. Again, portion wise I thought these were great for primary school kids.

Sadly not. I'd probably go with mini milk as an alternative as the price for Kinder would be prohibitive.

Again, probably not because of the price over comparative products.

An egg ice cream that tastes like kinder egg. With the Teeny Terrapins range inside. <dreams>

RiSo Mon 08-Apr-19 19:22:17

Satisfied but disappointed.

What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike?
They reminded me of mini milks, but with less taste and much more expensive. I thought the chocolate was nice, but once that was gone it was a very slight tasting vanilla stick. My kids loved them though, I think mainly because they knew they were Kinder. Since they have had one each, the box hasn't been touched and they have reverted to their normal ice creams in the freezer which are bigger and have more taste.

What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike?
These were great to hold as the biscuit type exterior held the ice-cream nicely, meaning no washing up and clean hands and faces. The biscuit had a soggy texture to it, with no real taste, but worked great at keeping the icecream inside. The icecream was similar to the stick, nice but not very flavoursome. My kids didn't like the biscuit bit at all but liked the ice-cream, however they all wanted another one as they were a lot smaller than their normal choice.

Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not
No I wouldn't unfortunately, as they were quite expensive compared to our normal choices, and also small with not much flavour. Both choices are still sat in my freezer as my kids are choosing their normal ice cream treats over these. I expect when there is nothing else left they will go for the Kinder ones until I restock the freezer.

Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not.
I would maybe for a very small child, but not for older children like mine (ages 5, 8 and 9). They are quite expensive which if my boys loved them I would pay, but seeing them sat in the freezer I know my boys wouldn't be bothered about getting them again. If they had a lot more taste and a bit bigger they would be worth the money as my boys love Kinder chocolate.

Something more substantial with more flavour. A tub of Kinder ice-cream with chocolate flakes throughout maybe?

DownRightAmazing Mon 08-Apr-19 19:25:06

Place making as I’ve only managed to get hold of one of the types thus far...

elizaco Mon 08-Apr-19 19:25:15

- We were extremely satisfied with the whole range. More expensive than the ice cream treats I normally buy, but also more delicious!
- Liked that the ice cream stick was a cross between a lolly and ice-cream. Easy to eat and good flavour
- The ice cream sandwich was a nice alternative to the usual cone. But expected it to be more chocolatey.
- I would choose it as a treat if on offer. At full price probably not.
- I would recommend the ice-creams. We also tried the cones, and they were definitely suitable for both adults and children.
- I would like to see individual tubs available. Easy to eat and less messy for little ones.

Scoleah Mon 08-Apr-19 19:34:30

It wasn't anything special, would never have guessed kinder made the product at all! Very disappointed!

We didn't manage to test these as they weren't stocked in any of our stores! (We went to 4)

They were extremely small, especially for the Price! You would never guess it was a kinder product, just had usual ice cream in a bland tasting biscuity type top & bottom. My kids thought it was going to be similar to the kinder chocolate bars, or even a hint of that taste. We still have a box left in the freezer! Not a good sign!

No! Very expensive for a tiny treat!

No, didn't taste like a Kinder product, very bland and boring. Much cheaper/tastier alternatives

An icecream with kinder chocolate pieces!

mumsbe Mon 08-Apr-19 19:52:33

Extremly these were delicious

They were creamy and chocolaty very rich in taste
What did your child like or dislike?
My children loved them they said they were chocolate creamy heaven
We like the sandwich ice cream but it needed a bit chocolate in the middle may be that was what we all thought
Yes because they are very tasty and much better than a average choc bar or ice cream Lolly.
Definatly recommend they are the best ice cream treats we have ever had
Ice cream bueno bar or those ice cream kinder hippos theybwould taste amazing if they were also crunchy.

starlingsintheslipstream Mon 08-Apr-19 20:08:41

Mixed reviews across the household.

I thought the size was great for younger kids but mine (at aged 10+) would have preferred something a bit more indulgent. There wasn't enough chocolate to satisfy them. I found them a bit bland too. Like mini milks but more expensive. The kids thought they were just OK

I liked the taste of these - weird but strangely moreish. Ds2 (aged 10) didn't finish his, but he is notoriously fussy. Ds1 (aged 13) quite happily polished a couple off today. I would imagine they might be quite messy for younger children.

Not at full price, no. My kids are a bit too old for the sticks (as they are quite tiny) and the ice cream sandwich had mixed reviews so I would be more likely to opt for an ice cream that everyone would eat.

Yes. I thought it was a good product and exactly what I would expect from Kinder. It's priced slightly higher than similar products but that is how I think of their chocolate really. Relatively guilt-free to give to kids but you pay a premium for that.

I would expect more chocolate as that is what they are known for.

MessyHairDontCare88 Mon 08-Apr-19 20:15:44

Not at all, very bland and small compared to other similar products
The chocolate was nice, standard kinder chocolate, but there wasn't much of it and the rest tasted just like a mini milk
Didn't like any part of it, very bland
No, we didn't enjoy them and they're expensive for their size
Not as they are no. Bland, small and expensive
Something which had ice cream the flavour of kinder chocolate

Samah09 Mon 08-Apr-19 20:24:59

The size was just right and it was nice to have chocolate on it but would be better if it was fully covered
he did not have have anything negative to say about the sandwich. I liked the fact that the biscuit was soft and hence less mess created
We tried the sandwich and the milk lollies. I liked the fact that they contain calcium, are ow in calories, easy to store and in my opinion a better option in terms of a treat. My son liked the sandwich the most and the soft biscuit. the taste was nice and he liked the milk taste. He enjoyed the chocolate covering on the milk lolly but said that it would be better if there was full coverage. he thought the size was just right.

I would buy it if it were on offer. The lollies seem better in terms of value because there are 10 in a pack so I would more likely buy these

Yes, good value, calcium, a nice treat and low caloried and enjoyed by my son.
A chocolate product with more kinder chocolate. maybe something with a surprise inside!! Now that's a thought!!!

Heathcliff27 Mon 08-Apr-19 20:33:19

Me too placemarking for if/when I find them!!

Crocklebog Mon 08-Apr-19 20:46:25

The kids enjoyed the icecream as they do with all icecream but they said it was nothing special and would not be bothered if I bought them again or not.

The kids liked the chocolate covering and the fact it was on a stick. They felt they were too small, although I liked the smaller portion, which can be hard to find with kid's treats. I liked the fact it had a high milk content.

The kids preferred these to the sticks but I prefer sticks as they are less messy!

I would not choose these at the current price point as I don't feel they have any more to offer than other milk stick icecream at much lower prices.

I think they are expensive for what they are.

I would like to see more of the classic Kinder combination of white and milk chocolate in an icecream format.

WheresTheCoffee Mon 08-Apr-19 21:23:26

We found them to be tasty but overall a bit disappointing.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? The chocolate is delicious and a good size but it just didn't feel like a treat and that is what we associate with kinder due to the eggs.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? The ice cream is delicious but we found the biscuit to seem soggy and not firm enough.
I wouldn't, for the price they are expensive in comparison with similar products which are available.
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. I would recommend them to others, they are tasty, but they are unfortunately priced out of my budget.
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? Ice cream with kinder chocolate chunks

Gembo78 Mon 08-Apr-19 21:44:12

My 2 boys loved them!

The price point is too high for the product. The ice creams themselves were great but I would be able to buy comparable products for less.

We did not get to try this as it was not available in any local supermarkets.

Possibly. The children enjoyed them and if they asked me to buy them again as a treat then I would. I did think that they were expensive for what they were and I am not sure that they stand out from the rest of the market.

Possibly. I certainly don't have anything negative to say about them.

We enjoyed taking part and trying something new.

goldenretriever1978 Tue 09-Apr-19 08:08:51

1. Satisfied.

2. I liked the fact that the sticks were low in calorie and fat and not full of e numbers. My children liked the taste of it and the chocolate on the top.

3. I found the taste of the biscuit on the sandwich to be quite unusual and I thought that the size was small. I liked the fact that it was a bit different. My daughter thought that it tasted like gingerbread which she likes and she liked it more than the stick.

4. I wouldn't buy them unless they were on offer as I found the price quite high compared to alternative products.

5. I would recommend Kinder ice cream as it is tasty. I feel that the products are more for small children as they are small.

6. I would like a Cornetto style ice cream with nuts - I am not aware of any Kinder ice cream products apart from the two which we have tested though.

Jamb16 Tue 09-Apr-19 08:19:43

Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream? We really enjoyed the ice cream sandwiches but the sticks weren’t very impressive
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? I didn’t like the icecream sticks particularly as they didn’t taste like kinder filling to me and were too small for me, although a good size for a child. My child liked the chocolate round the sticks but would have liked a bit more.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? We loved the sandwiches, particularly the biscuit part, I felt they worked really well with the ice cream and felt like a bigger treat than the sticks. My child preferred the sandwiches and liked the biscuit part best.
I would choose the ice cream sandwiches as they felt filling and satisfying enough for both myself and my child and I like the fact they are healthier than other treats
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. I would recommend the sandwiches as I like the fact they used mainly milk in the ice cream and not too many bad things. However I think they are very expensive for what you get so I am not sure many people I know would buy them at that price, perhaps if they were half price or a buy one get one free offer.
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? An ice cream sandwich with some kinder chocolate wrapped round it.

Crazymoo82 Tue 09-Apr-19 10:09:54

My kids 14,10,8 &1 all loved the kinder ice cream sticks however they did not like the sandwich. I have to say I didn’t like the sandwich much myself. Definitely prefer the ice cream stick.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? We all liked the flavour, the kids loved the kinder chocolate and it was just the right amount not to sickly. My ds (1) is teething and I know ice cream isn’t the best for teething but as a treat theses were great.

Honestly like -nothing
dislikes - everything
- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats?
Please explain why or why not
I don’t think I would not because of taste but I think the price is really Expensive for what you get compared to other brands and with 4 kids i have to make our money go further and £3.50 for 10 ice lollies isn’t really a good deal for me.
I would definitely recommend the ice cream sticks
Bueno ice cream 🤪

ellebell89 Tue 09-Apr-19 10:29:01

Overall, we were all extremely satisfied. Incredibly yummy ice lollies!

The only dislike for the ice Lilly stick was that it wasn't big enough for us adults! No dislike from the children
The dislike for the sandwich was that it was quite "squidgy" if the sandwich itself was harder may have had a different texture.
We have since bought more and are used for an after dinner treat at present! I'm sure we will continue to buy especially during the summer months
We have already recommended them to friends and family as my kids are in love with these! In their words " i give these 100 out of 10 mum"
If a new product was launched in sure it would do well as kinder is so unique. As to what type of product though, Im unsure what to suggest.

outnumbered1234 Tue 09-Apr-19 10:42:06

The children were really excited to try these. They love Kinder eggs and chocolate. We all liked them but to be honest not enough that we would choose these over other options in the shops.

I liked the portion size. They were a much better size than a lot of the other ice cream sticks on the market. The children liked the chocolate covering which they said tasted like the kinder eggs.

The children liked the ice cream sandwiches as they are different from the other ice creams we normally buy. They were a bit disappointed as they did not taste like Kinder in any way and there was no chocolate on them

The smaller size means that I would probably choose them but they would not be what the children picked out.

I probably would not recommend them as I think there are cheaper similar own brand super market products available.

Ice cream with more kinder chocolate in it and something with a surprise involved.

tshirtsuntan Tue 09-Apr-19 13:15:20

My son enjoyed the kinder sticks, he wasn't as keen on the sandwiches as he said they were a little tasteless. The size was good, a treat without being too big.
I would recommend to families with younger children (my son is 10 years old).
After trying the sticks and sandwiches we thought it would be nice to have a more chocolatey kinder ice cream so I bought some of the bueno cones to try and they are perfect! Lots of chocolate and a good size.

armoholt Tue 09-Apr-19 14:24:41

My children tried the ice cream sticks and ice cream sandwich. They ate them just as quick as other brands. I did try one and didn’t really rate them I was expecting the kinder buneo taste but sadly these didn’t deliver.
My children ate them fast they enjoyed them and the box didn’t last long.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? My youngest child wasn’t a lover of the sandwich I had to scoop the ice cream out.
I doubt I would choose kinder buneo ice cream as a treat. There expensive at £3.50 a box i would expect them to taste like kinder buneo.
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. Sadly I wouldn’t recommend maybe if they added some kinder taste I would they just tasted bland to me but were a hit with the children.
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? A milky drink would go down a storm in my house.

SusanWalker Tue 09-Apr-19 14:57:49

Placemarking as I haven't been able to find any anywhere yet.

LittleMissWeary Tue 09-Apr-19 15:20:57

- Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream
My child enjoyed them both. I was unimpressed.

Liked the chocolate topping on the stick. My son said he disliked nothing about them :-) I was unimpressed, didn’t like the taste.

My son really enjoyed the sandwich. He can’t think of any bad points.

Probably not. Too expensive.

Not really. Too expensive.

Vanilla ice cream with kinder egg bits

tracy68 Tue 09-Apr-19 15:51:36

The Kinder Slice
This product was a slice of heaven and loved by all the family.
The sandwich bit was soft and complimented the ice-cream as we bit into it and it had a lovely shortbread biscuit flavour to it.
The ice-cream was soft and creamy with a true authentic taste of whippy ice-cream.
Although we felt the portion sizes were a little on the small size for the price, we would definitely buy them again.

We preferred the Kinder slice but I dont think I would buy them regularly as the price is a bit much for how many my children would get through. Maybe if they were on a promo I would load the freezer up for the summer down the caravan, and I would definitely recommend them to everyone smile

Kinder products are of a high quality but it would be nice if they were a bit cheaper to buy

The Kinder stick
We did enjoy these but they seemed just like the mini milk lollies with a dipping of chocolate.
The chocolate was of high quality though and nice texture when biting together with the ice-cream.
No particular grab me moment and at the price I didn't think they were good value for money.

HoneyDragon Tue 09-Apr-19 20:54:22

FINALLY after a scenic tour of supermarkets scored some. Eldest child is currently going into one of the wafers like a squirrel with trust issues.

NoodieRoodie Tue 09-Apr-19 21:34:12

I was fairly disappointed.

Everyone enjoyed them, the chocolate tasted like kinder but the ice cream wasn't anything special.

The children ate them but no-one asked for more and I could definitely see that my youngest was forcing the last bits of it down. The adults shared one (nobody managed more than a mouthful) and no-one liked it at all. The biscuit was bland and soggy and the ice cream tasted of nothing.

I wouldn't choose them, I thought they were tasteless and the price was extortionate.

I wouldn't for the above reasons

Something that actually tastes like Kinder!

Lizzyluke Tue 09-Apr-19 22:06:16

Fairly satisfied

My kids likes the chocolate top and I liked the size but thought the ice-cream was a bit bland

The waffer/biscuit was soft and not very pleasant, it was my youngests favourite

Unfortunately no its far to expensive, there are other cheaper and better ice-cream products available

No, ice-cream is to bland and its to expensive I would expect a higher quality product from kinder

Kinder hippos in ice cream form would be amazing but it would have to be a better quality ice-cream product

aggga8 Wed 10-Apr-19 07:47:10

My kids and I we like Kinder Ice Cream.
I like it made from milk. Lovly taste and look.
Maybe a litlle too sweet.
Yes, beacuse it more healtier then normal kids ice cream
Of course, very teasty ice cream, perfect for kids.
f Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be?
Fit Kinder ice cream -no sugar and less fat;))))

thismeansnothing Wed 10-Apr-19 16:11:25

My daughter was extremely satisfied. Myself and husband were a bit disappointed.

I liked that they were only around the 60kcal mark.
I liked that there were ten in the box.
I disliked the price point £3.50 for ten 35p a stick, there are cheaper frozen snacks out there.
I also think the packaging is a bit misleading. I thought they were going to be a bit bigger than what they were.
DD liked the ice cream and that the chocolate was like kinder bars. I thought it was ok, but prefer mini milks.

DD didn't like that it was just plain ice cream.
I didn't like that the wafers just went soggy and you end up a sticky mess.

Probably not. Main factor being they don't stock them where we normally shop (Aldi and we had to proper trail round 5 supermarkets just to get the ones for this product test). They are more expensive than other similar alternatives

Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not
I'd go more towards no. But If you like kinder chocolate it's worth trying but they aren't all that tbh.

If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be
Adult sized versions of the ice cream stick.
With the sandwich ones some chocolate ripple through the ice cream.

glenthebattleostrich Wed 10-Apr-19 16:39:36

Not massively. They were ok but not great.

They were very small and the ice cream was a bit overly sweetened. DD thought they didn't really taste of anything. They were very expensive for what they are, we usually get mini milks and these are very poor in comparison.

The biscuit was too soft and it was just bland

No, expensive for what they are, other similar treats taste better.

No, they are bland and a bit sickly, too sugary.

Not sure, so far I'm not a fan unfortunately.

TargaryenDragon Wed 10-Apr-19 18:49:26

We found them ok. A little on the small side, but probably a good sized snack for children. The chocolate tasted like Kinder chocolate. Reminded me of the mini milk ice creams but with a chocolate coating.

Disliked the size, wanted larger/more than one at a time. I found the price quite high for what they were.

Kids loved these, and these were requested more than the 'sticks'.

Possibly, although my kids are great with eating fruit and things for snacks, so ice cream treats aren't really necessary. On a hot summer day maybe.

Not based on the price, I feel there are similar more reasonably priced ice creams available.

I'd love an ice cream version of the bueno bars!

emmacharliie91 Wed 10-Apr-19 19:23:56

We have only tried the kinder ice cream stick so far (our local asda didn't have anything else!) and we were all happy and impressed with it. Especially as it really did taste like the much loved Kinder egg

We both loved that it tasted like the much loved Kinder egg that we all enjoy as a treat. We both disliked that it was gone soo quickly and ended up having another!

Unfortunately we haven't tried these yet as our local Asda didn't have them. Hoping to pick some up at the weekend in another supermarket

We always have more than one choice of treat available for all the family but the ice cream stick will definitely be one of those choices. However I do think that they are quite expensive so if they were on offer than we would definitely get them, otherwise it would definitely have to be a special treat

Yes I would definitely recommend them to friends and family and probably even to my colleagues. They are really yummy and as I said before they tasted just like a normal Kinder egg. Let's admit that Kinder eggs are hard to eat in the summer as they melt top quickly so being able to have it in an ice cream form is perfect for those warm summer months

Maybe a Kinder ice cream hippo of some kind? Could be on a stick or even a slightly bigger one that can be served as a dessert to family and friends or at kids parties

Fingers crossed I can find some of the kinder ice cream sandwiches soon! Really want to try them :-)

emmacharliie91 Wed 10-Apr-19 19:27:10

@TargaryenDragon there's already Kinder Bueno ice creams available! Theyre £3.50 in asda too...if you can find them 🙈 but they do look yummy!

Joebloggswazere Wed 10-Apr-19 19:29:53

**Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream?
Very satisfied, we all enjoyed them.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? I liked the fact that they were not too big so the children didn’t waste any. Plenty of calcium.
The kids liked the taste and the chocolate.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? Easy to hold, no messy ice cream covered hands. Kids liked the biscuit around the ice cream.

Yes I would. It looks a good quality product that is a bit better on the waist line.
Yes I would, good value for money. I’d say it was definitely more young for children than teens or adults.

A white chocolate one or one with chopped nuts or crunchy biscuit pieces.

Schoeny Wed 10-Apr-19 21:27:39

We quite liked them, but I wouldn't say we would rush out to buy them
DS2 liked the size of the ice cream stick. DS1 (12) thought they were too small! I thought they were a good size for a treat inbetween meals. Both liked the taste, and said it reminded them of a kinder egg - although DS2 did say he wishes it was completely covered in chocolate!
DS2 wasn't keen (he is very fussy though) but DS1 liked them. I think he thought it was a bit of a novel idea.
I don't think there is much to recommend these over similar ice creams, I'm afraid. It's a case of we might get them again, or we might not, depending on what was available in store at the time.
I'd say to friends with smaller children that the ice cream sticks were a good size. But I wouldn't be telling people to rush out and buy them.
Hmm. Maybe a choc ice shaped like a kinder egg (but still on a stick) and completely chocolate covered? That way it bears more of a resemblance to an actual kinder egg.

Wigeon Wed 10-Apr-19 23:36:05

Thanks for the opportunity to test these products - we enjoyed it!

Pretty satisfied.

I liked it - I thought the ice cream was taster than I was expecting, and I liked the amount of chocolate on the end. Chocolate tasted decent quality. I also liked the portion size for kids and that the stick was wooden and therefore compostable. DH also liked it - liked the taste of both the ice cream and chocolate and thought it was not too big not too small.

DD1 (age 10) says she liked that it wasn’t too big, that the ice cream was nice and creamy although she thought it could have tasted more of vanilla rather than just frozen milk. She liked the chocolate on the end but thought it could have been slightly thicker.

DD2 (age 7) says she liked it because she likes ice cream (!)

Overall I liked it - thought the wafer part had a surprisingly nice sort of cinnamony taste. I did think the texture was a bit odd thought - I thought it would be crunchy but it was soft. I liked the portion size a lot.
Ice cream was good.

DD1 liked the taste of the wafer part, and thought the height was good. She thought the wafer was a bit soggy thought and would rather it was crunchier.

DD2 liked it - thought the ice cream tasted like ice cream should taste and liked the wafer part.

Yes, I think in particular because the portion size was designed for children. I thought the cost of the sticks in particular was very good £3.50 for 10 seems like good value. I’d like to check the nutritional details a bit more closely as not sure whether they are more stuffed with sugar than normal ice cream or not, but then again, they would be a treat and I don’t think ice cream is a health food!

Yes - good product for children and good way of having a treat.

Different flavours of these products as well as vanilla ice cream?

boptanana Wed 10-Apr-19 23:44:25

Very - the kids and us really enjoyed the treat!

The size was good as it wasn’t too big and it tasted like kinder eggs.

It was a bit different and quite filling.

At that price or on offer I would but I like to vary what I buy so not always.
Yes it was yummy
Happy hippo ice creams

Angelous Thu 11-Apr-19 10:21:17

Very happy, just wish there was more!!
The size is a little disappointing from an adults point of view
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? Wasn't over keen on the biscuit but the creaminess of the ice cream is lovely, my youngest really enjoyed it
I think that although they are very nice they are a little expensive. As a special treat these are great but work out very costly if you have a few kids
Would recommend them (and have) but said if they are ever on offer
Bueno ice cream bites..... Like the bueno bars but small bite size ice cream chunks....... Mmmmm

NightmareDaemon Thu 11-Apr-19 14:22:14

Very satisfied. We all thought the ice cream was a better quality than in similar products.

I like the size, I think it keeps the treat to a a reasonable size and I don’t mind my children having it.

At first we thought they were a bit plain but they grew on us. My son especially liked that the sandwich didn’t compress and send the ice cream squirting out the sides.

As an occasional treat, yes. Unless they are on offer they are actually quite expensive compared to similar products.

Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not.

Yes, we thought they were good quality and yummy.

Haha both my children wondered where the toy was and if it fell out the box. I think that is our suggestion, add a toy 😆

melissa32 Thu 11-Apr-19 15:42:59

Big hit in my house, my boys loved the taste of them all a lovely treat for after school.
I would recommend to all my fellow mums with children

Blazedout Thu 11-Apr-19 16:03:05

Very, the children absolutely loved them for dessert.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? I thought they were fairly small for an adult but perfect size for children
What did your child like or dislike? No complaints from my kids
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? Nothing, they went down lovely
What did your child like or dislike? Absolutely nothing
Probably not due to the price but I would definitely buy them if they were on offer
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. Yes, they are a nice treat for any age.
Schoko bons in an ice cream

Heaviestdirtyestsoul Thu 11-Apr-19 16:28:50

Very satisfied. A lovely milky taste, not too sweet or sickly, went down well with children and adults alike.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? I liked that they were less than 100 calories per stick, easy to keep an eye on the children's snack intake.
What did your child like or dislike?the children were thrilled that they had a kinder snack, they love the kinder brand, and that there was chocolate involved!
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? I liked the quality of the kinder ice cream sandwiches, and the size, perfect treat size and great for little tummies. What did your child like or dislike? The children really loved the flavour of the ice cream and the novelty of a child sized ice cream treat that wasn't on a stick- one exclaimed that he felt very grown up!

- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats?yes I know I will.
Please explain why or why not, a lovely quality product, knowing they weren't to sweet and sticky was great, the ice cream sticks with a little chocolate were in a huge 10 pack so good value too.
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Yes i already have. Please explain why or why not. My friends and I already have purchased packs as my children really enjoyed them.
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? Oh my word, perhaps the ice cream sandwitch dipped in layers of kinder milk and white chocolate or with pieces of chocolate in the ice cream.

fourmonthstogo Thu 11-Apr-19 16:38:46

I'm really struggling to find these, none of the tescos round me have the sticks, and I'll need a longer car journey to get to an asda or sainsburys. That can be our
activity for this weekend!

shawnweaver Thu 11-Apr-19 17:54:30

Who would have thought kinder and ice cream together so well
It's good for big kids and little kids
And we so enjoyed them
They will be on our shopping list come the summer
It would be great as a block of ice cream for a tasty great
We were very satisfied

PhilomenaButterfly Thu 11-Apr-19 21:03:57

Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream? Very.

What did you like or dislike about the Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? It was nice.

What did you like or dislike about the Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? We liked the biscuit.

Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not. Only if they wanted them, because I don't waste food.

Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. Yes, because they're really tasty, and I already have to my mum!

If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? Something with hazelnut or caramel.

These are so popular in our house, we're on our 7th box! 😂

Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to take part in this product test.

lorka Fri 12-Apr-19 02:05:37

We all really enjoyed the Kinder ice cream - very satisfied.

I liked that they are made with fresh milk and the size of them - just enough for a little snack. We all enjoyed the taste of them - the box did not last long!!
I disliked the price - they seem a bit pricey for the quantity.

Unfortunately, I could not find this product in any local supermarket.

I would choose the ice cream sticks as a treat - my children really enjoyed them and asked me to buy them again. Although I would probably wait until they were on special offer.

Yes I would recommend them as they are a tasty treat and a great size for children.

Ice cream with happy hippo chunks - yum!!

OverInfestedBadger Fri 12-Apr-19 07:57:05

@EllieMumsnet

I am finding it very hard to find the ice creams! Is there a store list available? (actual stores, not just for example Sainsbury’s)

JohnWolfenstein Fri 12-Apr-19 08:44:21

We liked them a lot. I liked the small size. Children liked the flavour.
I liked the small size, anything bigger is a waste. I liked the flavour and texture and the small bit if chocolate at the top.
The children liked the flavour and the chocolate.
I wasn't able to eat this one due to coeliac disease. Children lived the flavour and the fact it felt like a grown up ice cream. It tasted like white chocolate apparently, sweet, but not too sweet.
I might if they were on offer as I thought for what they are they were on the high end in terms of cost. I think I would buy the ice cream sandwich as there isn't anything quite like it and my seven year old in particular really liked it.
I would recommend it, flavour was good, size perfect for children and they liked them a lot.
Gluten free version of the ice cream sandwich

MrsArchchancellorRidcully Fri 12-Apr-19 12:28:43

Both DC loved them both, though they preferred the sandwich. As a grownup I thought the ice cream stick was very small and wouldn't bother for me. The sandwich was liked by all.

DC disliked nothing - it was ice cream! They thought the ice cream was very nice. I wasn't a fan of the stick - the chocolate was artificial tasting and thin. Although I was concerned the ice cream might be quite grainy but was pleasantly surprised that it was very smooth and creamy.

We all loved the sandwich. I thought the ice cream was gorgeous and the biscuit 'envelopes' were just delish! I'd buy these again.

Yes I would. I'd buy the sandwiches for us all and the sticks for the DC. I don't really see them as much different to other treats, though I can see why they are good in that they are fairly low in cals for a treat but the DC will really feel they have been treated.

Yes - though £3.50 is quite a lot for the sandwiches. 10 sticks is better value. I want to try the Beuno (sp?) too!!!

One of the sandwiches made large for grown ups, covered in thick chocolate and honeycomb sprinkles.....well you did ask!! blush

MrsAlwaysRight Fri 12-Apr-19 14:24:27

I was fairly satisfied with them. My children weren't keen on the sticks but quite liked the sandwiches.

My children weren't very keen on the flavour of the ice cream but liked the chocolate. The flavour reminded me of mini milks.

Both children liked these but said the flavour didn't remind them of any of the other Kinder products they've previously tried.

I probably wouldn't purchase them again as my children weren't overly impressed with the taste compared with other ice creams.

Probably not. Flavour fairly bland and nothing particularly "Kinder" about them.

Something with the Bueno flavour - yummy!

MiniMileyMoo Fri 12-Apr-19 14:38:43

Average - quite small.and plain for the price if paying

Bit plain, and a bit messy! I liked the size.

Liked the flavour, wasn't so keen on the soft sandwich biscuits. Good size and not too messy!!

Yes, if on special offer eg half price. My kids love kinder products but these didn't reflect the kinder products they like best!

Not sure.

Encompass some of the elements of kinder Bueno bars and or kinder eggs !

HoldTheFrontPage Fri 12-Apr-19 14:44:30

Fairly satisfied - the children liked them.

The price of £3.50 seemed expensive at first, but for 10 ice creams, it's not that bad, particularly if they're ever on special offer. I like that they're the right size for a small treat after dinner.

We were unable to find these anywhere locally - not in Sainsbury's, Waitrose or Tesco.

Yes - if the price was reasonable and comparable to e.g. Mini Milk.

Yes, although they didn't seem massively Kinder-y. But as an after-dinner treat, they are fine.

Maybe something like an ice-cream filled chocolate egg!

clairet144 Fri 12-Apr-19 15:45:54

Lovely tasty treats - the kids and adults were very happy with them
Liked the size of the perfect for the kids although the adults (dad!) ate 2 at a time!!! Would have liked more chocolate on the stick. Also perfect size for me on my slimming journey!
We all loved the ice cream sandwich - delicious
I would definately for myself as I love an ice cream treat that is small in size and calories and would also buy again for the kids as again it is a lovely size
Yes would reccomend them although the price might put some people off as £3.50 is a lot when supermarket own brands are a lot cheaper for similar products - I would probably only buy them if I saw them on offer
Something with a treat to it like the Kinder Eggs that is what my kids love the most!

purplepandas Fri 12-Apr-19 16:36:23

The children adored it! So very pleased at my end as it means it is healthier than the usual ice cream.

Nothing to dislike. Both loved this and can be fussy so I was impressed that both were happy. Delicious was the word used. I think the size was good (not too big) and it was healthier than other options so a winner in my book. No dislikes to mention.

They felt this was a bit small but I was less bothered by this. They liked the real biscuit and the icecream. Both products were winners in this house.

Yes in terms of a more appropriate sized product and also health factors. But, the cost was too high.

Yes in terms of taste, health and the fact that children loved it. As above, cost was an issue and there are so many more competitively priced products.

Orange chocolate (maybe with natural yog)?

Emabby Fri 12-Apr-19 17:42:35

- Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream?i was actually quite satisfied with the kinder stick ice cream

the thing i disliked was the lack of taste

i like the fact they are not full or rubbish

prob not due to the lack of taste

yes if the wanted a plain ice cream

- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? something with a lot more taste and with a bit of choc

StressedMumOfTwo29 Fri 12-Apr-19 17:44:34

Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream? Really satisfied

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? Nothing they where really nice kind of reminded me of mini milks from when I was a kid.
What did your child like or dislike? No they loved them and they want me to buy again.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? We haven't had a chance to find the sandwiches yet as my local tesco or waitrose don't have them
- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not. I. Would as they are nice and they enjoy them
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. Yes I would and I have
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? Kinder egg ice cream

Gracesmummy9 Fri 12-Apr-19 17:51:03

Loved the stick ones they were perfect we weren't to keen on the cones me and daughter didnt like sandwich ones but boyfriend loved the sandwiches.

Creas35 Fri 12-Apr-19 17:55:06

I felt the ice cream was quite bland but my son enjoyed it.
Same as above
I think for the higher price point they don’t necessarily compete with supermarkets own brand that are potentially half the price
Yes to try and for the calories but not necessarily taste
Maybe mini tubs with more flavour

NickyH89 Fri 12-Apr-19 18:02:30

Not very, I am a huge Kinder fan but felt these products were bland as did my child.
I did not get the ice cream stick.
Bland, tasteless (me and my child)

No. Boring and too expensive.
No. Boring and too expensive.
Large tub with Bueno pieces/ sauce.

rupert23 Fri 12-Apr-19 18:09:57

- Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream? my son was not over keen he didnt really like the flavour it tasted a bit bland and boring he said
i like the size of the stick and thought it looked similar to mini milks. He thought the chocolate covering would be nice but did not like the flavour
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? i liked the look of it he said the ice cream had no flavour and the wafer was soggy
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. if my son liked them i would chose them over another snack but he was disappointed in them overall. i think the 10 lollies in a pack is a good idea and price was fair but they were not as good as we expected from kinder. i like the small portion size but would have expected better flavour.i would not recommend as my son did not like them
- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? a tub of ice cream tasting like kinder eggs or Bueno would be nice
thank you for letting us take part in this trial

clam77 Fri 12-Apr-19 19:07:55

Very satisfied

I liked the flavour of both the chocolate and the ice-cream.I disliked that it was so small.
My child liked the way the chocolate snapped when she bit into it and loved the flavour.My child didn’t dislike anything

I liked the size of the sandwich but found the taste too plain.
My child don’t like this at all,she said it had no flavour and didn’t like the texture of the sandwich biscuit.

I would choose kinder ice cream as a treat for both myself and my children.I like the fact it is made with fresh milk,it is a good price per pack and the stick and kinder Bueno cone taste delicious.

I would recommend and have already to family and friends.

An egg shaped ice cream with a different flavour in the middle.

HoneyDragon Fri 12-Apr-19 19:30:55

Both my kids really like it, as did I. The marriage between chocolate and I’ve cream worked. We all would have preferred the chocolate to go down to the bottom though 😁
Kids weren’t keen thinking it would be wafer but it turned out to be their favourite as they loved the biscuity doughy stuff used for the outside. Big hit bit a surprising one.
Yes. They like them and the size of good for a treat after dinner or in the summer.
Yes. They are pleasant and I think few visiting children would be put off from trying one.
Not an ice cream product I’m afraid but my kids have always said they would love it if Kinder did a plain chocolate bar just using the brown milk chocolate. They dream of this.

sewonandsewon Fri 12-Apr-19 19:38:15

We enjoyed them - my daughter and I preferred the sandwiches and my son liked the sticks best.

I liked the chocolate although would have preferred it slightly thicker. I liked the creaminess of the ice-cream but found it slightly bland. I liked the smaller size, which actually I think is more appropriate for younger children.
The kids both really liked the chocolate and the lolly shape.
Both my daughter and I liked the slightly soft biscuit layers and the creamy ice-cream. My daughter was surprised it wasn't wafer but this didn't bother her at all. She commented on the small size, but actually we both felt the portion was adequate.

I would choose the sticks but not the sandwich, purely on price. £3.50 for 6 small sandwiches is far more than I'd be willing to pay. 10 sticks for £3.50 seems more reasonable, although I still feel it's on the expensive side.
I would as a treat 'to try'. I would be more likely to buy them if they were on special offer.
Pot of ice cream, with kinder Bueno pieces and swirls of frozen kinder chocolate. Not to share with the kids though 🤣

shutzpa Fri 12-Apr-19 19:40:38

Thanks for choosing us to test these 👍🏻

My dd enjoyed hers but did say it doesnt taste anything like normal kinder chocolate.

I liked the size of them. Perfect for little hands ✋🏻

As above, perfect size.

I dont think my dd would ask for these again, due to the taste.

I dont think so, again due to flavouring, and also the price is a bit high in my opinion.

Something that tastes like actual kinder chocolate. Milky and hazelnutty flavours 👍🏻

JuneFromBethesda Fri 12-Apr-19 20:10:09

Very satisfied. DD (8) says 'they were the most mouth-bombing things I've ever tasted' (she explains that means it was a flavour explosion in your mouth) grin

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? Adult verdict: the chocolate was nice but the icecream was tastless. Child verdict: I thought it was all amazing and I want to try more.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? Adult verdict: it was quite bland and uninteresting. Child verdict: I thought it was delicious and I loved the chocolate on the top.

I might as I liked the fact that they're under 100 calories, and I try to stick to the 100 calories or fewer rule for my children's snacks. Theyre easy to grab out of the freezer and easy to eat. They do seem a bit pricey though.

- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. Yes because my kids really liked them, but with the caveat that they're not the cheapest snack option.

- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? Adult verdict: to have more Kinder chocolate, to feel a bit more special and not cheap. Child verdict: to have sprinkles on it to give it more flavour.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 12-Apr-19 20:22:28

Satisfied , not sure they live up to the hype
Good size packs - great for friends round. We both agreed they didn’t taste of much .
Really easy to eat - I love the nostalgia of an ice cream sandwich ! Nice flavour , not too sweet.
Yes probably , the sandwiches especially are a little different
Yes , but they wouldn’t be a must try
Like an oyster - wafer, marshmallow and kinder ice cream

Harmonyb Fri 12-Apr-19 20:30:42

We loved the kinder ice cream sandwiches, the sticks we're nice but quite plain my son however enjoyed these! We additionally bought the kinder ice cream cones and they were absolutely delicious! The best ones.
My son really enjoyed the ice cream sticks but I found them quite plain/boring I would say that they are good for young children though.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? We enjoyed the ice cream sandwich again slightly plain but enjoyable.
- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Please explain why or why not.
I think I would because my son really enjoyed these! I would definitely buy the kinder ice cream cones again they were great as well as the sandwichs.
Yes I think they are a great treat and have a few different choices to choose from. Overall impressed.
It would have to be a tub of kinder ice cream with a chocolate topper!

Mummy2aRockstar Fri 12-Apr-19 22:15:59

We loved the Kinder ice creams, they were the perfect size for a treat or a pudding.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? We loved the creamy flavour of both the stick and sandwich Kinder ice creams.
My son likes the Kinder stock ice cream so much he wanted a second because he loved how refreshing and delicious they were.

- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? The sandwich Kinder ice cream is the perfect size for little ones and easy to eat. We did find that it just tasted of vanilla but it was still a delicious treat.

Yes we would as they are the perfect size for a treat, refreshing and delicious.

Yes again as they are a good size and tasty.

- If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? A tub of ice cream with pockets of the bueno cream.

RhubarbAndMustard Sat 13-Apr-19 07:37:54

Really satisfied. My children usually go for Fabs, Twisters or Knobbly Bobbly's so I thought they would find these to 'young' and boring...but I was very wrong. Both my 6 and 3 year old really liked them, with lots of 'Mmmmm yummy' noises!

They liked that it was half chocolate covered and half just vanilla. They really liked the ice cream vanilla flavour. I liked that it wasn't too big and covered in highly coloured sprinkles.

My 6 year old said 'I just liked everything about it!'. I think the shape was quite novel for them and made it easier for my 3 year old to eat without bits falling everywhere.

Yes I would as my boys are big ice cream fans and they really liked them. I like that they seem a slightly healthier choice than other similar ice creams on the market, but the pack cost is quite high at £3.50, although you do get a lot in a box.

Yes I would but I think the cost would put a few off.

Maybe more fun shapes for the kids so they look a bit more exciting. Or mini tubs (like you get mousse in) with a mini spatula for little kids to eat more easily.

BuddhaBelly Sat 13-Apr-19 08:35:03

We both liked them, but were disappointed that it didn't taste like the kinder egg
I like the fact that it is a healthy treat perfect size for kids. My child loved the ice cream.
Again it's a healthy treat, tasted nice but quite expensive for what it is. My child didn't like this one but is fussy over textures
The ice cream stick definitely but is still a little pricey
I would recommend to try as a treat, especially as it meets the required nutritional guidelines which a lot of parents look at
An ice cream that tasted exactly like the kinder eggs

giveovermypreciousss Sat 13-Apr-19 09:57:46

Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice cream? It was ok, just ok.
What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? It was very expensive for the size and content of what is essentially a mini milk.
What did your child like or dislike? Disliked the size however liked the chocolate on it.
What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? I again disliked the proze and the soze does not reflect what you are paying. What did your child like or dislike? Dc felt as it is kinder which for us is a chocolate based company, it really should have had sone chocolate in there. Also one bite and its gone. Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Not a chance. Please explain why or why not?other better ice creams for low calories and good proces are available. Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Please explain why or why not. No, again the price is atrocious for the size of the ice creams.
If Kinder Ice Cream was launching a new product, what would you like it to be? A kinder egg styled ice cream which has a toy inside. Keep the fun!

Goingovertosusanshouse Sat 13-Apr-19 11:19:44

Overall, how satisfied were you and your child with Kinder Ice Cream? Very satisfied, they were yummy!
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Stick? What did your child like or dislike? I liked the size of the ice creams, the children loved the taste.
- What did you like or dislike about Kinder Ice Cream Sandwich? What did your child like or dislike? We weren’t as keen on these because they were messier and trickier to eat!
- Would you choose Kinder Ice Cream as a treat for you or your children over other similar treats? Possibly, I like pack size and also the size of the ice creams. We all enjoyed the taste.
- Would you recommend Kinder Ice Cream to friends or family? Yes, they were very tasty.
Kinder egg with ice cream centre.

torthecatlady Sat 13-Apr-19 11:56:58

Pretty pleased. Good kids sized portions.

Not much chocolate. I love that it's on 3 points on weight watchers!

A little plain / bland.

If they were on offer yes, but at £3.50 they are quite expensive.

Yes, I don't see why not. Quite a nice little treat.

Mini frozen cheesecakes!

AppleDragon Sat 13-Apr-19 16:58:30

Very satisfied: both ice creams were delicious

I liked the small size and taste of the ice cream stick. You could tell that it was Kinder chocolate. Three of the sticks broke in half when they were unwrapped which was a pity - all at the bottom of the chocolate. My 3 year old and 7 year old both said that they were yummy.

I loved the softness of the wafer although my husband said that he prefers a traditional crunchy wafer. I liked the fact that they were small enough to be held manageably by children without bits falling off or melting. I also felt that they were appropriately sized for a treat. My children loved the biscuit and liked the fact that there was nothing to put in the bin afterwards.

Yes I would due to the small size and how much they liked them .

Yes I would as I think people would enjoy the Kinder chocolate taste.

I would like some element of Bueno to be incorporated: some crunch or hazlenut flavour.

Wolfcubisthefemalenominal Sat 13-Apr-19 18:43:31

Quite satisfied

So I thought 10 ice lollies at 35p per lolly wasn’t that bad when you broke it down. Though I appreciate you can get cheaper. They were similar to a mini milk with a partial chocolate coating. I would have liked more chocolate coating but I thought they were nice and I wouldn’t turn my nose up at one. I would also be quite happy to give one as an after school snack knowing the fat/sugar/calorie control. Ice cream would normally only be a treat pudding.

However, they don’t taste kinder enough for me, I love kinder bars/buenos/hippos and I wasn’t blown away by the flavour match.

What did your child like or dislike?

He asked what the middle was supposed to taste like so I’m not sure the kinder flavour was working for him either. But he liked the lolly and thought it tasted nice and liked the chocolate covering.

He didn’t like that it was all the same texture.

He said it was better than the wafer bar.

I thought they tasted nice but again not noticeably kinder. Even when well melted it stayed together well so not at all messy.
I liked the pattern on the biscuit and I liked the taste of the biscuit but the biscuit texture was odd. Perhaps a very thin layer of chocolate or something between ice cream and biscuit is needed to stop the sogginess. Overall I thought biscuit as an idea was good and better than wafer but execution needed a bit of work.

First thing ds said was “does it have any chocolate on it?” He says “I think it should have a thin layer of chocolate in but the biscuit is slightly too salty”, he said “I like the amount of biscuit to ice cream. I also like the flavour of the ice cream”. He would eat one again if it had chocolate in.

Yes because I thought they tasted nice and I like the calorie and content confidence plus as it’s kinder my child will think “treat” more than a mini milk or a plain choc ice and won’t realise they are being stiffed on the fat and bad stuff!

However £3.50 seems a bit steep for the ice cream bars particularly and I’d be more likely to buy them on offer

Yes. I think my nieces would particularly like them and I know my SIL will appreciate the calorie content and size. I think they are a great little snack but I’d like to see the price reduce and a bit more of that kinder flavour

OMG if there were no barriers I’d love a (big grown up size) kinder wafer hippo stuffed with kinder flavour ice cream.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »