TotallyMoney are looking for Mumsnetters to sign up to test out their credit score service. They would like testers to sign up and find out their credit score (this will not affect your credit score) and have a browse of their website where you can see credit cards, loans and mortgages you could be accepted for and see what has affected your credit score, as well as how to improve it. This will only take around 10 minutes in total to do and each tester will receive a £10 voucher for taking part.
Here’s what TotallyMoney has to say: “TotallyMoney is a Free Credit Report provider, which aims to make consumer credit fairer and more transparent by giving customers the information they need to make the right choices.
Until recently, our customers didn't really know why their credit score changed, meaning they had little idea of what they could do to make it better. What's more, our customers didn't know whether they were eligible for a credit product: their only option was to apply and hope they would be accepted. This was a problem, because being rejected for credit can make it much harder to get accepted for credit in the future.
Now, thanks to our Free Credit Report, that’s a thing of the past. Your Free Credit Report lets you track your credit score and gives you reasons why your credit score has changed, so you know what you need to do to improve it. Your Free Credit Report also comes with Borrowing Power: one number to show the best offers for your credit profile — offers you're most likely to get accepted for, helping reduce your chances of being rejected.
But, why else should you sign up to TotallyMoney? TotallyMoney is free and always will be — and 97%* of customers would recommend us to improve their credit score. Our service is easy to use and understand, we’re the highest rated Free Credit Report provider on Trustpilot, and we're Moneynet’s Best Credit Report Provider 2018.”
Participants will be required to sign up to TotallyMoney which will only take 2 minutes. They will be able to see their credit score, advice for how to improve it, as well as credit cards, loans, and mortgages they could be accepted for. After getting their credit score we’d like participants to have a browse of the TotallyMoney site and leave their feedback of the service on a thread on Mumsnet. All participants will receive a £10 voucher of their choice (from a list) for taking part and after leaving feedback will then be entered into a prize draw to win one of three £100 vouchers.
1) Credit scores are pretty meaningless - it's just a made up number based on financial activity. A provider will not give a shit about your actual credit score.
However keeping an eye on your credit report for any suspicious activity is always worthwhile.
2) TotallyMoney only gathers data from the smallest agency in the UK. Not everyone reports to Callcredit (eg your bank accounts may not show up in there) and not every provider will check with Callcredit before offering a product. It is worth checking your reports with all three agencies
3. Other providers are available to access the three credit scoring agencies in the UK.
- Noddle will give you your Callcredit report for free. - You can get basic credit score only free from Experian. - Clearscore will give you your Equifax report for free
4. No such thing as a free lunch! All of these services will try and sell you financial products and / or try and persuade you to pay for an upgraded service to "protect your identity" etc.