Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Read MNers’ feedback on Lidl’s Lupilu Nappies - £100 Lidl voucher to be won for testers feedback.

(220 Posts)
AaronMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 02-May-18 15:57:13

This thread is for the 250 Mumsnetters who tested Lidl Lupilu Nappies with their DC.

The following items were tested:
Size 1 Newborn Nappies 24 pack x 3
Size 2 Newborn Mini Nappies 44 pack x 2
Size 3 Midi (4-9kg) 56 pack x 1
Size 4 Maxi (7-18kg) 50 pack x 1
Size 4+ Maxi Plus (9-20kg) 44 pack x 1
Size 5+ Junior Plus (13-27kg) 36 pack x 1
Size 6+ Extra Large Plus (16+kg) 26 pack x 1

Here’s what Lidl have to say about the product: "Lidl knows the most important things when choosing a nappy are dryness, protection and comfort. That's why our nappies now have the magical absorbing tubes so we can ensure ultimate dryness and leakage protection, and last year Mumsnetters asked for a wetness indicator on size 1 Newborn Nappies, so we added one!

There is no need to pay a premium price for a premium nappy, our prices are low but our quality is high. Our nappies are dermatologically tested, latex free, skin-friendly and independently tested. Protecting the environment is also important, therefore the padding used is from sustainably managed forests. The slim design means less materials, less packaging and less energy, helping to minimise our carbon footprint.”

Testers - Below are some questions we’d like you to answer, but feel free to add any other comments you may have:

1) How old is your baby/ child who you tested the nappies on, and which size did you use?
2) What was your overall impression of Lidl’s Lupilu Nappies? What did you like and what, if anything, did you dislike about them?
3) Would you recommend these nappies to a friend if they came up in conversation?
4)*Would you buy Lidl Lupilu Nappies again in the future? If so, why? If not, why not?
5) How would you compare the Lidl Lupilu Nappies to other brands that you have tried in terms of dryness and leakage?

All testers who leave their feedback on site and complete the short survey that we sent to you will be entered into a prize draw to win £100 worth of Lidl vouchers (note: the winner will be sent 4x £25 vouchers, one voucher can be redeemed per transaction).

Thanks and good luck

MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

summerson Thu 03-May-18 09:55:33

1) DC is 14 months old and I tested size 4.

2) They seem quite "thin" nappies which is good in terms of comfort/not too much bulk.

3) Yes, definitely

4) Yes I would recommend them - they work well, nice fit/comfort and didnt leave red marks on my baby, and value for money (I expect!)

5) Dryness was spot on, no wetness against my childs skin. Didnt experience any leakage at all. Very happy

Grumpus21 Thu 03-May-18 09:57:21

1) How old is your baby/ child who you tested the nappies on, and which size did you use?
14 months old, used size 4 plus
2) What was your overall impression of Lidl’s Lupilu Nappies? What did you like and what, if anything, did you dislike about them?
Thinner than other brands but surprisingly good at holding a lot of liquid. Saved a lot of space as they weren't as bulky as other brands. Disliked that the elastic barriers ripped pretty easily when pulling out the frills.
3) Would you recommend these nappies to a friend if they came up in conversation?
Yes as they are a cheaper alternative and it's worth trying a few brands.
4)*Would you buy Lidl Lupilu Nappies again in the future? If so, why? If not, why not?
Possibly, I don't usually shop in Lidl so it would only really be if I was there for something else.
5) How would you compare the Lidl Lupilu Nappies to other brands that you have tried in terms of dryness and leakage?
Toddler didn't leak once, others we used recently have so it was an overall positive.

Thanks for choosing me!

liane77 Thu 03-May-18 09:59:07

My Ds is 2 and in size 4

They are a good size, very generous. They kept him very dry and are not bulky when they are wet.

Unfortunately my son developed a strange rash when using them but he didn’t seem to be in discomfort and it disappeared quickly and didn’t return.

Definitely. They are very good value for money and excellent quality.

Yes I have now switched to these.

Better than supermarket brands and comparable to other leading foreign supermarket of similar pricing wink

springmachine Thu 03-May-18 09:59:14

My baby was 9 monthsbold when resting these nappies and we tried size 4’s.
Initial impression was that the nappies were lovely and soft. They didn’t have a strong smell like some others do and they weren’t at all bulky.
The waist band was lovely and stretchy and made me feel like my baby would be very comfy.
The design was nice, but is not something i particularly care about.
There was no part of the nappy that I disliked.
I would 100% recommend these nappies to friends and family and I would definitely buy these again.
I had no instances of leakage throughout the whole trial pack. My baby didn’t have any instances of nappy rash, even after having long times between changes. I definitely tested these to the extreme.
I would say they are as good if not better than other brands in terms of dryness.

NoParticularPattern Thu 03-May-18 09:59:37

My baby was 6 weeks old and we tested size 2.
We really liked them- they were super soft and didn’t seem to leak that often. Very good value too.
If these particular ones were available in stores then yes- they seemed softer than the ones I had previously bought in the Lupilu range.
4) Would you buy Lidl Lupilu Nappies again in the future? If so, why? If not, why not?
Yes. We usually use these in conjunction with cloth nappies.
They are very comparable to Pampers in terms of softness, dryness and containment. They only tended to leak if there was a poo explosion!

Patienceofatoddler Thu 03-May-18 10:02:59

We tested the 5+ size nappies with my 22 month old.

Initially I was heaitant to use them at night - Previously we have always used pamper or Chicco nappies.

I was nervous of using a more supermarket level brand.

But wow I can now take that back- after 3-4 days we used them overnight and only had one night where my daughter woke damp.

Certainly as a day happy theybwere fantastic more than up for the rough and tumble of a busy tot - no leaks and we didn’t change any more often than we would have in our usual brands.

Thanks for the chance to test Mumsnet - I’m not sure we would buy them purely as I couldn’t justify going to a different shop purely for nappies but really impressed.

Damnpeskykids Thu 03-May-18 10:03:12

He was 8 months & used size 3

I really liked them, I was bothered as DS was just over 9kgs & a big baby so wasn't sure if they'd fit but they were really generous with the size especially compared to other brands.

3) Would you recommend these nappies to a friend if they came up in conversation? Yes definitely.
I would but I don't live near a Lidl unfortunately but if I was passing I would stock up!

5) How would you compare the Lidl Lupilu Nappies to other brands that you have tried in terms of dryness and leakage? We had no accidents & kept DS dry.

Damnpeskykids Thu 03-May-18 10:14:51

1) How old is your baby/ child who you tested the nappies on, and which size did you use? DD was 2yrs 10 months size 6
DD had started potty training 2 weeks previous to the trial & got it very quickly so we only used these at night. They are a good size, we had no accidents & seemed quite absorbent.
3) Would you recommend these nappies to a friend if they came up in conversation? Yes

4)*Would you buy Lidl Lupilu Nappies again in the future? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes, we don't live near to a Lidl but these are a lot cheaper than other pull ups & I would be happy to find a Lidl to stock up for nighttime!
5) How would you compare the Lidl Lupilu Nappies to other brands that you have tried in terms of dryness and leakage? We had no accidents & they did the job.

beargryllshasabigrope Thu 03-May-18 10:15:38

18 months and she wears a size 5 nappy.

I loved them. They’re soft, comfortable and don’t leak or irritate my DDs skin, unlike some they supermarket brands.

Yes absolutely!

Yes for the reasons above, they’re brilliant and also very cheap!

I think they’re one of the best brands I’ve used. They’re as good as pampers without the price tag. They don’t leak at all

SarahUZ Thu 03-May-18 10:18:00

My daughter is 22 Months and we used size 4.

I liked them, they seemed comfy and held all night long without any leakage. I would prefer if they also came in pant style.

Yes, they are cheap and great alternative to more expensive brands.

Yes if they have a pant style range.

In terms of staying dry I'd say it's the same as other brands. We didn't have any leakage.

whereareyousleep Thu 03-May-18 10:18:55

He was 3 weeks old when we tried the nappies and we tried size 1

They were lovely and soft and didn’t have to strong chemical smell like some other brands. Unfortunately they gave my baby a rash he was red wherever the nappy touched and had a pinprick style rash but it didn’t seem to bother him.

I probably would because of the points above also the price point is very good.

No I wouldn’t due to the rash

The dryness and leakage were great no problems

ToucanPlayAtThatGame Thu 03-May-18 10:36:19

1) How old is your baby/ child who you tested the Pull Up Pants on, and which size did you use?
I used the size 5 pants for my one year old, and 3 year old boys.
2) What was your overall impression of Lidl’s Lupilu Pull Up Pants? What did you like and what, if anything, did you dislike about them?
I really liked them, I found there were no leaks, soft and comfortable. I liked the wetness indicator and the sticky strip for disposal. I would have like to see a design or something on them, as I normally hand a clean one to my DS to keep his hands busy while I'm changing him.
3) Would you recommend Lidl Pull Up Pants to a friend if they came up in conversation?
Yes, and I already have!
4) Would you buy Lidl Pull Up Pants again in the future? If so why?
Definitely. Price is a major factor for me, and comfort/value for money is really a selling point with these pants.
5) How would you compare the Lidl Lupilu Pull Up Pants to other brands that you have tried in terms of dryness and leakage?
I have also used Aldi and Asda pull ups and found them to leak and the sides aren't as flexible and comfy as the Lidl ones

LoudestRoar Thu 03-May-18 10:37:49

) How old is your baby/ child who you tested the nappies on, and which size did you use? Size 5, dsis 20 months
2) What was your overall impression of Lidl’s Lupilu Nappies? What did you like and what, if anything, did you dislike about them? I liked the design and the softness. I did find however that the tabs came off a couple of times
3) Would you recommend these nappies to a friend if they came up in conversation? Yes
4)*Would you buy Lidl Lupilu Nappies again in the future? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes, for the price and dryness
5) How would you compare the Lidl Lupilu Nappies to other brands that you have tried in terms of dryness and leakage? Same or better than other brands

FozBoz Thu 03-May-18 10:42:40

1) My son was 6 -8 weeks when we tested Lidl's Lupilu nappies in a size 2. We used them for two weeks.

2) Overall impression. Good! You couldn't tell they weren't a premium brand; the nappy was nicely patterned and was thin.

They were very soft and a good fit on my quite large baby. The sticking tabs were reliable too, and the nappy was surprisingly absorbant; I could be confident of using overnight and for longer naps.

The packaging indicated that there was a wetness strip on the nappy, but I couldn't see one. This would be a nice addition. The packaging was also in languages other than English so I wasn't able to full assess the featured claims displayed on the packaging.

3) Yes, I would recommend them to a friend. They were a good price and did the job!

4) Yes I would buy them again too.

5) In comparision to premium brands I feel the lupilu nappies performed well. They remained dry and didn't cause any problem with DS' skin. I can't fault them in this respect. I would like to see a wetness indicator as on premium nappies, but this is really a 'nice to have' and given the price these are excellent!

lornathewizzard Thu 03-May-18 10:48:12

1) How old is your baby/ child who you tested the Pull Up Pants on, and which size did you use?

3yo, size 5

2) What was your overall impression of Lidl’s Lupilu Pull Up Pants? What did you like and what, if anything, did you dislike about them?

Nice design and soft. But they seemed narrower and smaller than other size 5s we have used. No leaks but they did not pull apart easily when changing.

3) Would you recommend Lidl Pull Up Pants to a friend if they came up in conversation?

For good value yes but not necessarily for good use

4) Would you buy Lidl Pull Up Pants again in the future? If so why?

I would try the bigger size yes

5) How would you compare the Lidl Lupilu Pull Up Pants to other brands that you have tried in terms of dryness and leakage?

Just the same as compared to Asda brand that we normally use for dryness/leakage

lornathewizzard Thu 03-May-18 10:50:17

Crap I posted on the wrong one

WilmaJean Thu 03-May-18 10:50:27

He is 6 months and we tested size 4.
i was impressed by their thinness and I really liked the design on them
definitely, I already have done!
I’ve already been back and purchased more. I am using them for day time but sticking with Aldi for night time.
These hold up well, but I don’t find them quite as effective over night, so I am still using Aldi over night, but during the day we’ve had no leaks and he stays nice and dry!

douglas2013 Thu 03-May-18 10:52:40

My daughter is 2 years and 6 months

I liked them, they seemed comfy and held all night long without any leakage. the only thing i found was that on two of them the fastening tabs broke when i fastened them.

I most definitely would recommend them they are cheap and great alternative to more expensive brands.

Yes i would due to price and they perform just as good as the more expensive brands. I am obviously still concerned that two out of the pack seem to have had defects and would hope this was a once off problem.

In terms of staying dry I'd say it's the same as other brands. We didn't have any leakage not even at nighttime.

SparklyMagpie Thu 03-May-18 10:55:23

My son is 2 and we used size 6

I found them very easy to put on thanks the very stretchy side's, when I have used pull up pants in this past, I have found they haven't given much give but these were perfect. My son also loved the bears design on them and called them his bear pants
The only dislike I have is that I found they didn't rip as easily when removing them, but that is only a very minor thing

I definitely would yes, and I have already been recommending them when conversations pop up

We actually got through our pack quite quick and was so impressed I have since been going to Lidl to purchase more.
Not only have I found these the best pull up pants on the market ( and I have used a lot of other supermarket pull ups) they are by far the cheapest! My local store sells these packs for £2.04 and that makes my purse happy also
Excellent value for such a little price

Having tried other brands I have found the main issue I've had is my son tends to leak quite easy and doesn't feel likes he's had much support, other brands we have tried have either been too stretchy or to stiff. With the Lupilu pull up pants they are stretchy but have fit him perfectly and have yet to have a single leak! He says they're very comfortable and the dryness has been the best by far compared to other brands we have used

userinfinity Thu 03-May-18 10:55:38

My son was 4 months and I tried the size 2 Nappies. The size 2 Nappies go up to 6kg. My son was at the time around 5.2 kg, if I hadn’t got the pack to test when I did, I would have moved him up to size 3. I used the size 2 till he was about 5.8kg at which point they were becoming quite a snug fit and so I moved up. Also at this point, due to feeding issues, I switched from breast feeding to formula and so he was weeing a lot more and we did have a couple of leaks in the night. I was actually very impressed with the quality of Nappies I received , they were quite soft and seemed comfortable. Other than the fact that my son was growing out of size 2, I thought they were pretty absorbant otherwise. I would prefer if Lidl would use pound measurements as well as kilos as a guide. I am very surprised at the price, definitely good value and would definitely recommend Lupilu Nappies to a friend. I have used a few supermarket brand Nappies before and I would say these are amongst the better quality Nappies I’ve tried. I will be purchasing them again in the future.

Bryonie2017 Thu 03-May-18 10:56:36

My child is 8 months old and I used size 4.

Overall I liked the nappies, they were soft and well made. My only dislike about the branding was that the sticky tab was white so sometimes I would lay the nappy upside down and then realise when I went to do them up.

Absolutely, they were very good nappies.

I would buy them in the future yes, they are much cheaper than my usual brand and just as good.

I have tried pretty much every other brand on the market and these are the best budget nappies so far. They are just as absorbant as Pampers and I didn't have one leak while using them which is better than the other supermarket brands.

The only downsides to these nappies are that they tend to expand more than other nappies I have tried, which is fine overnight but can be a pain when my daughter is crawing around. Also I have to travel to a Lidl to buy them whilst other brands I can have delivered.

choccyTeapot Thu 03-May-18 11:01:01

9 months, we tested size 4

I was very impressed. They had a good fit even round his huge pudgy thighs and weren't overly bulky. Our biggest problem has been with overnight leakage and they performed well in this regard. Only complaint is that he had some skin irritation from extended wee exposure that we didn't see with Pampers.

Yes, I already have done!

Yes, I have now switched to primarily using these nappies during the day with Pampers for backup overnight to prevent skin irritation.

Found them a better fit than Aldi and Tesco and equivalent to Pampers in terms of leakage. Dryness wasn't as good as Pampers though. Good value for money.

MamaChan Thu 03-May-18 11:05:44

Size 6+ Extra Large Plus (16+kg) 26 pack x 1

My child is two years old and used size 6+ extra large plus.

I already loved lidl nappies when they were Toujours so was eager to see what differences there was and I am pleasantly surprised. The nappies were much better quality in my opinion - they were less bulky than their predecessors; they were also softer; and had better designs.
I would have liked for them to have a wetness indicator.

I already have. Lidl nappies are great value for money which means you can put the extra money you save into something else. I genuinely feel that they are no less inferior than the name brands.

I would buy these nappies in the future as in the whole time I've had them I haven't had one tab snap on me (this normally happens at least once a week), there was no leaking. They did everything that I need a nappy to do and cost less than a branded pack of nappies so it's a win win.

I personally found lidl nappies to be better than some of the nappies I've tried in the past. This is because they haven't leaked at all nor do they get really droopy and soggy like some other non-premium brands do.

lornies79 Thu 03-May-18 11:09:35

1. My son is 3 years old and I tested size 4+

2. Great value for money, light and secure. I thing sizing was a little on the small side

3. Yes I would recommend them

4. Yes I will buy them again as I have a Lidl which is within walking distance and the nappies are very good

5. In terms of dryness, leakage, the lupilu nappies performed very well compared to other supermarket own brands

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: