Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Find out what MNers think of Easy2Name personalised name tags and labels! £200 to be won for feedback! NOW CLOSED

(52 Posts)
EllieMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 26-Apr-18 12:18:12

This is the feedback thread for the 50 MNers who tried and tested Easy2Name personalised tags and labels.

Each tester received:
60 Stick on Labels
30 Stickeasy’s (stickers for clothes)
10 Shoe Label Covers
EasyTag no iron/ no sew system, which comes with a unique applicator and 25 laser engraved tags and backs

Here’s what Easy2Name have to say: “It was 1999 and a farmer’s wife in Hampshire was surrounded by the chaos of three sons and all their clothes and belongings….there had to be way of keeping track of everything which didn’t involve hours of sewing…. With the birth of son number four in April 2000 Melanie King launched Easy2name, her 5th baby! She started making the dishwasher and steriliser proof stickers which are still the best sellers. For the first few years Easy2name was a true cottage industry operating from the spare room but as the business grew it was relocated to buildings on a farm with lovely views across fields. Easy2name now sends labels all over the world and guarantee that all their products will work as expected.

Over the years she has added a wide range of labels for clothes which can either be ironed or sewn on and in the last 5 years developed the revolutionary StickEasy label a great no iron/no sew solution. Easy2name also sells personalised bags, luggage straps, bag tags and even embroidered dog collars and leads.”

Testers please answer the following questions:

- Did your order arrive speedily and correctly spelt?
- Were you happy with how well the Stickers stayed on equipment and StickEasy’s stayed on clothing?
- How did you find the EasyTag system? i.e. durability and ease of application
- Would you recommend Easy2name to a friend?
- If you had paid full price would you think the packs are good value for money?
- Would you purchase from Easy2name again?

To receive 15% off Easy2Name products, use the code MUMSNET15 at the checkout.

All testers who post on the feedback thread and fill in the short survey will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £200 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

greathat Sat 28-Apr-18 16:57:20

I didn't get a message to tell me I'd been selected or one to say this thread was up, but I got a pack so here I am smile

Did your order arrive speedily and correctly spelt?
Yes assume it was quick. I wasn't expecting them so it was a nice surprise

- Were you happy with how well the Stickers stayed on equipment and StickEasy’s stayed on clothing?
I have used them on clothes, shoes and water bottles/lunchboxes. All have stayed stuck so far and are showing no sign of shifting. I used the shoe ones on brand new shoes and used the cover sticking. Don't know if they'd stick as well if the shoes had been a bit old and wrinkly at the start smile

Very easy to use. I really liked this! Was quite excited by them (is this a sign of how sad my life has begun) I've put them on the kids coats as they would be quite expensive so I used them on quite expensive things. If they were a big bigger could they be used to label bags etc?

Definitely. In fact I'm part of a PTA so I'm looking into their fundraising options

- If you had paid full price would you think the packs are good value for money?
Yes I would be happy to pay the market value for them. The tags were quite a lot but I'donly use them on the more expensive items so they'd last. Plus you can reuse them if you buy the cheaper extra backs

Yes definitely

Wineandchoccy Sat 28-Apr-18 22:37:24

Yes the name was correct and arrived within a few days
Yes they have survived multiple washes
Brilliant this is my favourite gadget ideal for quick labelling ideal for coats.
Yes and already have to several people
Yes
Yes I would

chrissie66 Sun 29-Apr-18 19:37:34

My order arrived within a few days, and the name was spelt correctly.

I had my reservations as to how well the stickers would stay on. However, they were all fine....the stickers stayed on equipment really well and the ones for the clothes have been washed several times and they are still intact. The shoe stickers are also great and have remained in place.

The EasyTag system was great. It was really easy to use. As my daughter is going on a residential for a few days they came in really handy to attach to bags, pencil cases and other labels.

Yes, I would definitely recommend these to a friend.

Yes, for ease of use they are well worth the money.

Yes, I would definitely use the products again. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to test them out.

KittyKat88 Sun 29-Apr-18 23:50:14

Yes, everything was perfect!
So far, so good! Yes, they were easy to apply and stay firmly attached
This was super easy to use! They are really cute button size. I even managed to attach one to my DD's backpack so they really are strong and durable.
Yes, the stickers and tags are of excellent quality and appear to be very durable
Yes, I would - they are such a brilliant time saver and naming my DDs stuff no longer seems such a chore! Fast and easy to use.
I would definitely consider their products now I've tried them. The tags are brilliant because they are reusable (just need to purchase the extra backs which don't cost too much) so that makes them an even more appealing product.

KadabrasSpoon Mon 30-Apr-18 09:25:12

Yes thank you

They've stayed on perfectly well so far although it has only been a short time.

I really liked this idea and found it easy to use.

Yes

Yes - there were a lot in the pack so good value

Yes I think so, especially once the DCs can read their name. At the moment we use ones with pictures and colours as they can recognise that theirs is e.g. the bear before they can read their name.

raviolig Mon 30-Apr-18 11:04:29

Yes I was very happy with the time it took and both names were spelt correctly

Yes very happy. Nothing has come off up till now
Really easy actually. And they were a hit with my kids and their friends
Yes definitely
The tags especially I really like
Yes so far they have worked very well and I am happy with them
Yes I intend on buying more tags for my other two children

Raisingbabylg Mon 30-Apr-18 19:01:28

Yes they came very quickly and were correctly spelt.
Yes they seem very durable.
Very easy to apply. I think you need to think carefully about where you put them so they don't irritate your child. I love that it's a simple button and that they can be reused.
I would definitely recommend Easy2name. After spending forever seeing on tags, this was so much easier and I was not convinced the stick on labels would last but so far so good!
I think they are definitely good value for money.
Yes I would!

Florin Tue 01-May-18 18:11:06

Yes and spelt correctly
Yes Very easy and seems to be staying on really well
Extremely easy and so quick and doesn’t irritate my son
Yes they are so easy and quick
Yes definitely.
Yes I would but will still buy sew ones too as my ds’s school specify pe kit labels have to be sewn on the front

Jedimum1 Tue 01-May-18 21:29:13

Yes

Yes, the waterproof labels are brilliant!

The "stapler" thing was a bit tricky at first. The plastic is also a bit hard, so sometimes it is uncomfortable depending on where the label sits. I wonder whether it could be made softer. I wanted to put it in a hat but makes a small hole, so probably won't be able to take it off without showing damage. I thought the shoe covers were pointless, I rather have a sticker that has already that second layer without me having to stick two layers

Yes, I think stickers are brilliant, better than ironing or sewing. Specially because you cannot do that on many items. I loved the waterproof ones. I've used mine on the water bottle, scooter, bike, helmet, mittens, umbrella, etc!

Reasonable

- Would you purchase from Easy2name
Yes, probably. However, I feel that the design is quite bland and I might be inclined to order from other shops that offer colourful designs.

mousebacon Wed 02-May-18 07:22:14

Yes, they arrived before the email telling me they were coming!

Yes, they’re great!

Really easy.

Definitely. So much better than sewing!

Yes.

Yes.

Honestly, my child loses everything (I’ve lost count of the number of water bottles I’ve never seen again) so these have been brilliant.

xxmissbrightsidexx Wed 02-May-18 10:37:59

Yes it arrived speedily and all correct.
So far theres been no problems and the labels have survived the wash a few times.
I found the labels easy to apply and they seem durable too.
I would recommend to my friends definitely and would be happy to pay the asking price also as it seems worth it in the long run.
I would purchase again, and i appreciate being chosen to test smile

mummyb2017 Wed 02-May-18 10:41:52

Order arrived fast and all the names correctly spelt.

They where fanatstic the best i have ever used worked brilliant on my little girls shoes as a few children had the same shoes so she was over the moon when i placed the label in her shoes.
Was a bit unsure at first but it was easy to use and loved it.
Yes I have mentioned it 2 all the mum's in the school playground.

Yes I would brilliant pack and amazing value for money.
I most certainly will purchase again fantastic items gives mum's peace of mind.

irisisabelle Wed 02-May-18 11:36:39

Yes it arrived very speedy and all was correctly spelled!

Yes, very happy! I kind of expected them to come off but they didn’t!

Very handy and very easy to use! A big ammount aswell so that was great. Perfect for jackets, etc!

Definitely! The ones from places like ebay are a waste of time and money compared to these.

Without a doubt! Quality is amazing and the amount supplied very very generous

Yes! For Kiki and maybe as gifts for friends!

Keepthechangeyoufilthyanimal Wed 02-May-18 11:47:59

Yes very quick and spelt correctly
Yes - I used on a variety of different fabrics and great on all of them!
Had to read the instructions a couple of times to make sure I was putting the tags the right way around but completely love this product - so much better than sewing in name labels! Will be using this forever!
Definitely, especially for the Easytag system.
Yes, cost per use is great.
- Would you purchase from Easy2name again? Definitely. Very happy with this brand.

Pixeldad Wed 02-May-18 14:31:11

I received the below items free of charge for the purpose of review:

60 Stick on Labels - 'Original Stick-On Labels' (Small size) : RRP £9.95 (per 50)
www.easy2name.com/stick-on/original-stick-on-labels.html
30 Stickeasy’s (stickers for clothes) : RRP = £5.95
www.easy2name.com/no-iron-no-sew/easy2name-stickeasy.html
10 Shoe Label Covers : RRP £1.00
www.easy2name.com/shoes/shoe-label-covers.html
EasyTag no iron/ no sew system, which comes with a unique applicator and 25 laser engraved tags and backs : RRP £25.95 www.easy2name.com/no-iron-no-sew/easytags.html

The items arrived very quickly following selection and my child's (Son) name was spelt correctly. I did spell this out of course but I imagine 'Kofi-Ray' is not a very common name and I was at least impressed that it was hyphenated.

Good instructions were provided but they were not the most intuitive when applying to the product.

I started with the Stickeasy's because, stickers, easy right? Very! Instructions were simply, apply to the care tag, try to touch the sticky side as little as possible, leave 24 hours before washing. I had actually done the application minutes before washing. Since two washes at 40°, tumble dried twice and ironed on both occasions, still stuck firmly. The gloss on the sticker has degraded slightly but only to become more malleable in form, not affecting the text in any way.

Applying to another item of clothing on a separate occasion I was less careful. I just peeled the sticker off the backing and I did end up touching the sticky side which appears to have affected it greatly as it is started to lift at the corner after only one wash/ dry. This is after having waiting 24 hours pre-wash.

What really didn't work was applying the sticker direct to the garment ('M&S School Polo'). I applied firmly, left 24 hours before washing and it just came off during the cycle.

The EasyTag system is a different story. Once you think you know what you're doing, it's easy but I definitely don't think I did it right. Firstly, which end is up? Not that it matters 100% as it is just a clamp to press two sides of a stud together but there are indentations for which are specific to each piece. My tagger came with a sticker on one side so I assumed this was the top. The instructions weren't totally clear on this one but luckily it was somewhat intuitive.

As I said there is an indentation on each side of the clamp, one a little deeper than the other so I figured this one out fairly quickly. Apparently however, you can't simply sit them in place and press, there is in fact a lip on either side of the 'bottom' of the clamp in order to hold the tab encasing the back of the stud. You just need to slide the tab through it. From here, insert either end of care tag and clamp, done. This worked, it serves a purpose and seems highly durable.

My main issues with this item is that my attempts at application did not pierce the tag and caused bunching of the label. Not detrimental and I'm assuming I've done something wrong as this doesn't seem to have happened on the accompanying brand pictures. A Slight annoyance also when it comes to ironing as I'd say the stud is around twice the thickness of a generic button.

Probably best left for jumpers and jackets and if I can figure out how to get it to pierce, backpacks and such.

The Stick on Labels, super easy, peel and stick. I applied this to a sports bottle and it has been washed and scrubbed in hot soapy water a few times now with no issue. No peeling or fading.

When it comes to the Shoe Label Covers, not going to lie, I was a little confused by this one due to their size. These are clear and intended to be placed over over the a stick on label to protect from imminent wear to the sticker. What wasn't clear was which label this was meant to be applied to. After looking over Easy2Name's website it is apparent that these covers only come in one size and are the length of the 'Original Stick-On Label; Large Size'. Not matter, I used this in conjunction which both types of stickers I received and yes, it does add an extra layer of protection and after only a weeks use, I can see that these covers will increase the longevity of the sticker.

For me, labeling is primarily for my children's items and serves two purposes. One for convenience, so they or a teacher knows it is theirs and can decipher that quickly. Or in fact if another child has gone home with it accidentally, the parents know who to give it back to. Two, to prevent theft. Unfortunately as you're confined to just the care label for application clothing, I'm not sure this would really even act as a deterrent. This could simply be cut off and in fact I know some parents will already remove the label to prevent irritation for their child which obviously limits the target audience.

I do feel that most of Easy2Name's products are at a slight premium cost and only time will really tell if there is value in terms of durability. Standard shipping if £1.50 so for 30 stickers plus shipping, £7.45 total, not unreasonable. You could probably save at least the shipping cost elsewhere but whether or not it's worth the extra saving I can't yet say.

£25.95 for the EasyTag system however I would say is excellent value considering the studs are re-usable. To re-use, you will need to buy new backs for the studs (£4.95 for 25) as they are considered to have been compromised upon removing. I would be happy to do this however given their perceived durability thus far.

I don't believe at this time I would purchase the products I received based on the fact they are limited to the care label and I'm paranoid. I would however recommend Easy2Name to anyone in need of a labeling service. They have an extremely varied range of products and options including shaped stickers and some limited character designs which may be more appealing for stickers that are going to be visible. They even have additional products geared more towards my self; Iron-on, sew and what will likely be my next purchase... The EasyStamp : www.easy2name.com/no-iron-no-sew/easystamp.html

HelloCanYouHearMe Wed 02-May-18 14:41:06

The labels arrived quickly and the name was spelt correctly.

I was very happy with how well they stuck and stayed to everything they were applied too. I was most impressed with the easy tag system and so were a number of nursery mums who saw the tags - I've pointed them all in the direction of the Easy2name website grin
I would say that the tags and the tag system are great value for money and when i run out, i'll be buying more!

Boglin Wed 02-May-18 18:54:23

Yes, both my children's names were spelt correctly.

Yes, they've lasted well so far and show no signs of coming off clothes or equipment.

I loved the EasyTag system! It took me a while to work out but this was mainly down to the fact the etched buttons had fallen out of the envelope and so I was scratching my head about how to make it work with only the backs! I've now run out of things to tag but it's perfect for bags, coats, hats, scarves, gloves etc. I am going to order some more with my daughter's name on.

Yes, definitely. I'd not heard of them before this trial but will be singing their praises now!

Yes, I think they are more at the premium end but they're great quality and it will be cheaper than replacing lost items all the time!

Yes, as above, I plan to order some hard tags with my daughter's name on.

Thank you for this opportunity, I've had great fun tagging everything in sight!

Karennza Thu 03-May-18 08:34:51

Yes to both. My son has an unusual first name and double-barrelled surname and people always get it wrong, so it was a relief!

So far so good. There are no signs of peeling, discolouration or whatever despite several washes across the range of products supplied.

- How did you find the EasyTag system? i.e. durability and ease of application.

At first I found application really hard! The tag/button wouldn't stay put, and darted half-way across the room on more than one occasion. I figured out eventually that it 'snaps' into place in the applicator, and from there on in it was easy. This point didn't seem to be something on the instructions included, so I would recommend drawing greater attention to it. But in the end it was grand, and the tags have so far stayed put. They feel pretty robust.

Yes. I would caution to him/her that they're not as attractive to children as they could be, though - I've seen examples of other brands that have pictures, quirky fonts and lots of really bright, child-friendly colours that are probably more appealing to young children. Easy2Name's stuff is perfect for older kids, though.

Whatever the case, the most important point is that these have so far been a really useful, functional product, so I'd still recommend them.

Yes. The pack had quite a few of each product included, and of course there were quite a few products too! So yes, it was indeed good value.

Yes. I have plenty of products left over, so don't really need to for a while, but I think I will anyway in preparation for my son going to school in September. Even if I don't now, I will certainly consider them in the future!

Thanks for the opportunity to participate in the trial smile

DiabloKitten Thu 03-May-18 10:49:17

Yes they did
Sorta, they didn't all stay on the kids clothing
Very easy to use!
Yes already have!
I think so yes, with three kids
Yep I think I will be for sept

youngcaro Thu 03-May-18 11:45:33

Yes

Relatively - one has come off a sports t-shirt but apart from that they have stuck fast.
I really liked the cover labels for shoes - previous labels I've used have rubbed or fallen off.

I felt the instructions were simple to follow

Yes, largely for the variety of labels and tags.

As much as any other company.

Probably

Toniglendenning1 Thu 03-May-18 19:51:33

Did your order arrive speedily and correctly spelt? Speedy delivery and correct spelling
- Were you happy with how well the Stickers stayed on equipment and StickEasy’s stayed on clothing? Easy to stick on and they stayed on even after a few washes in washing machine. Shoes stickers also stayed on too
- How did you find the EasyTag system? i.e. durability and ease of application, Easy to use, waterproof. Easy to use
- Would you recommend Easy2name to a friend?Yes
- If you had paid full price would you think the packs are good value for money?think they are a bit expensive
- Would you purchase from Easy2name again?Yes

doleritedinosaur Thu 03-May-18 20:28:34

Yes, it arrived so quickly I was surprised and yes correctly spelt.

Yes so far the labels have stayed on perfectly and already managed a wash.

The durability is great and application is so easy.

Yes I already have to a few friends.

I think they are for what you get for them.

Yes definitely for the little plastic tags for my second son.

notmypropername Fri 04-May-18 19:54:38

Just bought thanks, sounds like just want I need

MrsArchchancellorRidcully Sat 05-May-18 07:00:23

I've used easy2name for years. They're brilliant.

FoofFighter Sat 05-May-18 07:52:04

Just ordered off the back of this thread. DD starting school this year so getting organised early!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: