Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Mumsnet users review innocent’s at home growing kits

(60 Posts)
EllieMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Apr-18 12:01:25

This activity is now closed

This is the thread for the 20 MNers who tested out the innocent growing kits with their DC’s.

Each tester was sent:
- a pack of pea seeds
- a box of innocent kids smoothies
- a garden label
- a compost disc
- a growing guide

Here’s what innocent have to say: “We want to encourage kids to grow their own veg to help teach them where their food comes from. We believe that by growing it themselves, kids are much more likely to eat (and enjoy eating) fruit and veg and continue with healthy eating habits to last a lifetime”

Testers please answer the following questions and we'd also love you to share photos of how it’s all going:

First impressions
- What are you first thoughts on the growing kit?
- How helpful did you find the growing guide? What did you like most about it?
- How has your DC found the initial growing process?

Final thoughts
- How have you and your DC found the whole growing experience?
- Did you manage to grow the peas easily?
- Would you recommend this growing kit to a friend or family member?

Everyone who leaves the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

Candyperfumegirl Wed 02-May-18 10:36:06

Final thoughts

We loved it! Lots of fun, easy to do & educational too. Really got the kids interested in growing more fruit & veg too.

Yes, it was all super duper easy! Although, our peas haven't grown quite as big as some of the other mn''s on here have - but we'll keep going with our little project.

Definitely, what's not to like.

Thanks mn & Innocent for letting us take part - we loved it!!

cannotmakemymindup Thu 03-May-18 02:09:03

Final final thoughts!!
Dd had her first Pea shoots with dinner tonight. Was so pleased she could pick them herself!! She certainly enjoyed them more than the rocket leaves. Also she is looking forward so much to growing actual peas next as they are one of her absolute favourite vegetables.

iamcalledemma Tue 08-May-18 21:04:28

We are a bit disappointed, we got no growth at all. I think we had a bit of an overenthusiastic waterer, but I did notice the water didn't drain from the carton that easily, I do wonder if a bit less water and a better draining container would have been better.

I'm definitely feeling better now I've seen some others failed at growing the 'easy' peas as well!

However, my son has definitely moved on to wanting to plant other stuff and we have since successfully grown some radish seedlings so fingers crossed for those. He definitely didn't get too disappointed.

No sad We didnt keep any seeds back to attempt a second go unfortunately.

Well it's hard to recommend it when it didn't work for us, but I would try again for ourselves and recommend if we got any success second time round.

Thanks for letting us try, we enjoyed the experience even if we didnt get success.

Sammyislost Mon 21-May-18 10:46:06

I've finally grown a PEA SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Just one has popped up out of the 6 peas I planted mind you....I honestly thought I was green fingered.

My son was soooo happy to see it had grown, he carried it around the house to show every one and wants to take it to school!

thanks mumsnet and innocent!

PlayingForKittens Sat 26-May-18 16:42:33

A few weeks ago I got an envelope in the post with my name on containing a growing kit from innocent. Compost, peas and instructions. I assume it wasn't the product test as I didn't get the smoothies but if not then why do I have them? Very confused here! Dd has planted them but I don't hold out much hope as they are outside and have been drowned in the rain because she planted in an old yogurt tub so no drainage.

HermanCakeDestroyer Tue 29-May-18 16:32:24

All looks great to me. I was sorry to have missed out on this product test but I see these grow packs have gone down well. Will have to invest in some myself.

beautifulsoup Wed 30-May-18 16:39:56

We have peas!

llewejk Fri 01-Jun-18 21:09:10

First impressions
- What are you first thoughts on the growing kit? Great activity
- How helpful did you find the growing guide? What did you like most about it? Perfect to follow
- How has your DC found the initial growing process? Couldn't wait to plant the peas.

Final thoughts
- How have you and your DC found the whole growing experience? Easy process to follow. Even enjoyed colouring in the guide afterwards.
- Did you manage to grow the peas easily? Yes, they have just started to pop out. Watching them daily now.
- Would you recommend this growing kit to a friend or family member? Yes

EllieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 15-Aug-18 15:25:33

Congratulations to Butteredparsn1ps for winning the £300 voucher

SillyMoomin Thu 23-Aug-18 15:01:03

Am I being silly?, I can't see where Butteredparsn1ps ever replied on this feedback thread?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: