Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Male mumsnetter? Sign up to take part in Mumsnet’s first male only product test - £300 to be won for feedback! NOW CLOSED

(76 Posts)
EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Apr-18 09:44:20

Ok, we’re just going to go ahead and say it: we’ve been asked by the team at Below the Belt Grooming to find 50 male Mumsnetters interested in testing their Fresh & Dry Balls products in our first ever male only product test grin.

Selected testers will receive one of the two following fragrances:
- BELOW THE BELT GROOMING FOR MEN Fresh & Dry Balls Cool 75ml (click here for more information)
- BELOW THE BELT GROOMING FOR MEN Fresh & Dry Balls Fresh 75ml (click here for more information)

We’re thinking that you probably don’t need too detailed an explanation of why this product could come in handy - suffice to say that, particularly after a long day or a workout, mens’ ‘downstairs’ aren’t always as fresh and sweet smelling as one might wish.

Here’s what Below the Belt Grooming have to say: “Below the Belt Grooming is a unique range of skincare products designed specifically for men. We all know men are badly designed in that area, and until now their needs have been ignored by skincare products, but Below the Belt Grooming is dedicated to getting it sorted.

Formulated with natural ingredients for gentle yet effective results, Below the Belt Grooming helps men feel fresh and dry in the groin area, all day every day. Ideal for men with busy lifestyles, such as commuting, active jobs, and travel, to keen sports enthusiasts or even a family bike ride at the weekend.

Below the Belt Grooming is proud to partner with Prostate Cancer UK; the leading health charity for men with prostate cancer and prostate problems. Below the Belt Grooming has pledged to raise £10,000 for Prostate Cancer UK over the next year, with 20p from every pack sold donated to the charity.”

So if you’re a male Mumsnetter who would like to take part in this product test sign up here.

If you aren’t already a registered Mumsnetter please register here before you sign up. Or if you know someone who could do with freshening up their ‘man parts’ please do get them to register and sign up to take part.

All selected testers will receive one of two of Below the Belt Grooming Fresh & Dry Balls gel fragrances and will be required to test the products for two weeks before leaving their feedback on a thread on Mumsnet. Everyone that leaves their feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one Mumsnetter will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

Rainboho Tue 10-Apr-18 11:50:10

Can we put forward a DP or DH? Or do they have to sign up to mumsnet themselves?

BlueTablecloth Tue 10-Apr-18 11:54:32

Mumsnet, are you really encouraging men to wash their privates LESS?

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Apr-18 12:14:50

@Rainboho we'd need your DP to register to Mumsnet themselves so we can send them details of the product test and they can leave their feedback on site after testing the product smile

SweetPeaPods Tue 10-Apr-18 12:16:35

DH would happily do it if he could use my log in and I could prompt him to give feedback. However he said no to registering himself, sorry.

stinkybee Tue 10-Apr-18 12:30:46

I'm interested, how do I sign up?

MummyBtothree Tue 10-Apr-18 12:56:40

My DH and two teenage DS's would be happy to test these although they aren't interested in having their own Mumsnet account. It's a shame we can't apply on their behalf.

SillyMoomin Tue 10-Apr-18 12:58:54

agreed, DH says he'd give it a go, but under my name, sorry MNHQ sad

EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Apr-18 13:27:21

@stinkybee please add your details to this sign up form and we will be in touch with those who are selected to take part in a couple of weeks

IllBeAtTheBarIfYouNeedMe Tue 10-Apr-18 13:53:39

Asked dp. He seems up for it.. as long as I sign him up for him hmm

As I’m not his staff I won’t be doing that. Lazy git.

SneakyGremlins Tue 10-Apr-18 14:38:24

Done grin

SummerGold Tue 10-Apr-18 14:40:29

DH would be up for this but asking him to make an account might be a step too far!

PositivelyPERF Tue 10-Apr-18 16:55:03

You really should tell those men their peni will not drop off if they sign up to Mumsnet. 🤣

Montydoo Tue 10-Apr-18 17:52:32

I will give it a go.

0ccamsRazor Tue 10-Apr-18 20:39:46

I am a self gendered man this evening, can I use this product on my man vagina?

Sorry I couldn't resist grin

JellySlice Wed 11-Apr-18 06:52:18

Given that so many women use MN to have a moan about their men, why on earth would MNers want to encourage their men to sign up?!

CanIBuffalo Wed 11-Apr-18 07:05:49

DH said he won't be colluding with the problemisation of his privates to shift product.
Well I've translated that. His response was rather more pithy.

PositivelyPERF Wed 11-Apr-18 09:24:36

0ccamsRazor 🤣

And don’t you dare misgender Occam, MNHQ 😉

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 11-Apr-18 11:36:22

So this is a deodorant for gentlemen's undercarriage area.

I have to say that I am doubtful that any woman - or man - would welcome a mouthful of deodorant.

So think on, chaps.

PositivelyPERF Wed 11-Apr-18 11:45:01

My oldest is a filthy beast and already uses dry shampoo to save washing his hair. I NEVER want him to find out about this product.

Olinguito Wed 11-Apr-18 15:00:47

Haha. I thought this was an April fool at first. Looks like a parody of 'feminine wash'. Another example of inventing an issue to push a product.

Mogleflop Wed 11-Apr-18 16:47:48

Ooh this is interesting though.

Are the cosmetics industry desperately trying to shame men into buying nonsense toiletries they don't need too now? An equality of sorts I suppose.

(Also yes, I'm already relishing the idea of the smell in the office in summer envygrin)

ScreamingValenta Wed 11-Apr-18 20:46:42

I mentioned it to DH, but he's not keen on putting 'chemicals' on his balls.

ChipsForSupper Wed 11-Apr-18 22:40:45

Always interesting when pointless grooming products are marketed to men as well as women. However, vagina freshening products are usually marketed under the premise that vaginas are innately smelly/foul/shameful and women need to sort this out. For men, it would appear there has to be a manly reason (sports/"active jobs"/commuting etc) to explain why their testicles would be smelly!!

MrsFogi Wed 11-Apr-18 22:48:07

Can those of us who sometimes identify as men try this out on our imaginary-balls?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: