Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Find out what MNers thought of ASDA Little Angels bedtime bath range - £150 to be won for non-testers. NOW CLOSED!

(163 Posts)
AaronMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 03-Apr-18 14:29:43

This is the feedback thread for the 20 Mumsnetters who tested the ASDA Little Angels bedtime bath range with their DCs aged 3 months+. They tested out a range of products including baby bath soak, bedtime shampoo, baby lotion, bedtime washcloths, bath toys and massage oil.

Here’s what ASDA Little Angels has to say: "Our fantastic Little Angels bedtime bath range is perfect to help your little one off to the land of nod, and we’d love to hear what you think! We’ve also included some of our Little Angels bath toys to really make the bathtime experience extra special."

Testers please answer the following questions:

- Overall, what did you like best about the Little Angels bedtime bath range? Which was your favourite product in the range and why?

-Would you buy the products again and would you recommend the products to a friend or family member?

All testers who leave their feedback will be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Non-testers:

We have a £150 voucher of your choice (from a list) to give away to those that did not have the opportunity to test the products. All you have to do to be entered into the prize draw is post on the thread below, telling us what your biggest bath and bedtime hurdles with your DCs are and how you overcome them!

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

grannybiker Mon 23-Apr-18 21:19:13

Biggest bath hurdle is getting them in, then out again to get ready for bed.
Coincidentally, our biggest bedtime hurdles is getting them to go to sleep, but also waking in the morning!

vincenta Mon 23-Apr-18 12:54:02

non tester.
after bath my kids are full of energy that's why I stopped bathing them as part of bedtime routine.Wetake bath earlier, they play and the we read book and go to sleep.

TheFrenchLieutenantsMonkey Sun 22-Apr-18 23:57:03

The biggest bathtime hurdle ; the sheer length of time itvtakes to make sure 3 children actually fet in the bath, get wet, get washed and wash their hair. 2 cant get their ears wet so i have to help. The other one was a hippo in a former life and wallows for hours.
Bedtime tends to only have the problem with the two who share a room. One can't see why the other, who is older, gets to stay up a bit later. And the older one complains they have nobody to talk to because younger one is asleep.

frowner Sun 22-Apr-18 20:22:19

Non tester, getting my 9 month old to keep still whilst getting dried and ready for bed!

YorkieDorkie Sun 22-Apr-18 18:21:20

*Non-tester;
The biggest bath time hurdle is that my 2 year old DD doesn't understand which toys can come in the bath with her! I have to explain to her most days that her cuddly cat Marmalade can't come in the bath because he's the toy she takes to bed!

tisha934 Sun 22-Apr-18 09:57:10

Non-tester
The biggest problem at bath time is washing her hair ..we try to tell her if she stay she will have princees hair ..

Sugarhouse Sat 21-Apr-18 22:59:41

My baby used to scream every time I put him in the bath now he screams when I get him out he loves it so much . he wriggles and rolls so much it’s very hard work getting him dressed again as well

totallyLosingIt Sat 21-Apr-18 21:40:37

Non-tester

My biggest nighttime routine issue is getting DD(5) out of the bath! She would happily stay in there until the water is cold and she's all wrinkly.
My latest trick is to ask her to suggest a film (usually Moana) and I find the soundtrack on my phone. She gets 1-3 songs depending on how quickly I want to get her out, and the deal is that once the song(s) finish then she must get out without any arguments. So far, this has worked well!
I also use a unicorn bath robe to dry her (from Asda), and I give it a silly voice. "Hello, time now to get out of the bath" etc, and she giggles her way through the worst bit (in my opinion) of having a bath - getting out and getting cold!

JudgeRulesNutterButter Sat 21-Apr-18 15:32:19

Non tester, biggest hurdles are:
DD and DS both have eczema. So to keep that under control they have to have plain water baths and then moisturiser afterwards, which DD in particular hates. We split them up- DH does DS’s cream with muchtickling and laughing, I do DD’s and if she behaves well she gets “quiet play time” before lights out. If there’s only one person doing bath time then it’s frankly anarchy confused

wontbedoingthat Sat 21-Apr-18 14:02:01

Non tester, not entirely sure we would have been reliable testers anyway! We have a problem that we've still not solved! Since her very first wash our 5 year old has hated any form of bath or shower, especially hair washing...we get the odd reprieve if we have a new toy or something but it does not last and pretty much it always ends with her screaming and crying. Not that much fun in our house I'm afraid.grin

onemorecakeplease Sat 21-Apr-18 07:32:36

Convincing ds it’s shower time is always a job and a half. He hates going in the shower.

I bought him his own grown up lynx shower gel which he loves the smell of and now once we finally get him in, it’s hard to get him out again!

Dd isn’t as bad but hates showers and always wants a bath. She has excema though so we have to stick to showers or her skin flares up. Then it’s the torture of creams and lotions and potions after. I’m always glad when ‘bath’ time is over!!

Enhance13 Fri 20-Apr-18 21:44:20

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LucaMommy Fri 20-Apr-18 21:32:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lfcvicki Fri 20-Apr-18 13:22:07

My daughters have always hated having their hair washed but one day I made the "beard" game up. It was to see who could make the best "beard" from the suds - and the best suds just happen to come from shampooed hair! So my daughters collect the suds in a plastic bowl and I rinse their hair. Then they have ten minutes playtime where they get stuck into the suds! I also put a shower cap on them to prevent the shampoo getting in their hair again.

danigrace Fri 20-Apr-18 07:18:27

Currently the biggest challenge is getting my 8.5 month old out of the bath, if as soon as I've scooped him out I bend to let him choose one of his little bath toys to bring with us to get dry that usually acts as a good enough distraction

Hk24498 Thu 19-Apr-18 11:53:52

My biggest bathtime struggle with my 4 month old is that as soon as he is out of the water he goes into major meltdown! He just loves his bath! I wrap him up in his big hooded towel (which has the compulsory bear ears of course) but he still grizzles. I'm learning baby massage and hoping that might help soothe him after.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Wed 18-Apr-18 19:37:10

Biggest bathtime hurdles:
1. Getting DC in to the bath.
2. Getting DC out of the bath.
It seems that they hate the bath unless they're actually in it.

SmileyShazza Wed 18-Apr-18 13:05:45

Non Tester

Our biggest bath time hurdles have definitely been when it comes to hair washing. Both our children have gone through phases of screaming when we tried to wash their hair in the bath - luckily we found a way of making it fun which seems to have helped.

To start off with we wet their hair with our hand and then add the shampoo. We get them to help us make the shampoo frothy as it gets them involved in the process and we have a little song we sing when doing that. Once it's time to rinse off the shampoo we get each child to look up to the ceiling and get them to count to ten along with us. With each number we pour a small amount of water over the back of their hair using our other hand to bring a small amount forward towards the hair line but not enough that it will go in their eyes.

By time we have got to ten the shampoo suds have all washed away and then they both get a sticker at the end.

jesseejohnston Wed 18-Apr-18 13:02:53

My ds is 8 months and just wants to sit up but he splashes so much and slips and slides water hits him in the face! We've had to borrow his cousins pink baby seat so he can't slide around😂

Belmo Wed 18-Apr-18 10:53:08

Non tester - mine is both dc wanting me at the same time / haven’t found an answer to that yet! I need a clone...

ladygoingGaga Tue 17-Apr-18 20:57:26

Biggest hurdle for me was trying to stop bathroom looking like a scene from Waterworld. With two DC’s it soon deteriorated into laughter and splashing, hard to get cross with that as my youngest DS first proper laugh was in the bath.
So I kept towels used just for the floor, DC’s loved getting out and sitting on the floor to dry off too.

Still have those towels grin

ailsasheldon Tue 17-Apr-18 19:01:03

Our biggest bath time hurdles are stopping all three of them getting in together , making bubble factories and flooding the bathroom!

AveAtqueVale Tue 17-Apr-18 18:55:59

Non-tester- our biggest hurdle is definitely negotiating the after-bath when I do bedtime on my own. I bath my three year old and nine month old together, and whichever way round I get them dried and dressed either the older one ends up running round the flat naked or the baby ends up screaming confused.

StickChildNumberTwo Tue 17-Apr-18 18:53:18

Non-tester - biggest hurdle is children not listening and doing what they're asked, and so everything taking many times longer than it should have. Solutions tend to involve shouting and bribery...

Cat1980uk Tue 17-Apr-18 17:45:27

Non tester

My biggest bath time hurdle is my little boy loves the bath until water touches his head or face then it's cries galore! Finding it hard to get his hair washed

Bedtime hurdle is he is refusing naps. He's 6 months old and no matter how hard I try he will not nap past 5pm the last week so it makes him really overtired and crying till he conks out after 5 hours then all night he is a really restless sleeper. Fidgeting, slamming legs up then down, rolling onto side, crying for dummy. All while never fully awake. I am exhausted and not sure what to try

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: