Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Cybex PRIAM, MIOS, CLOUD and Yema review thread: find out what the MN testers think! Non testers - chance to win £150! NOW CLOSED

(170 Posts)
PoppyMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 22-Aug-17 11:38:44

Cybex has offered a group of Mumsnetters the chance to test out a selection of products from their Butterfly collection - the Cloud Q, the Mios, the Priam and the Yema.

Non testers - for a chance to win a £150 John Lewis voucher, please share on this thread the funniest thing your child has said or done when out and about in a pushchair or car seat!

Here’s a rundown of each product and its uses:

The PRIAM - an ideal companion that is diverse and versatile as life itself. A convenient 3-in-1 travel system for those that demand maximum flexibility with a one-hand fold mechanism for effortless travel and storage. To make life even easier on the go, the PRIAM can also be folded to two wheels whilst your child is still in the Lux seat. From newborn up to 17kg, the PRIAM is the perfect companion for those whose lifestyles don’t slow down with a little one in tow.
Read what MN blogger beautybumpandme thought of the PRIAM here

Discover the MIOS from CYBEX – a lightweight, compact pushchair perfect for those parents who want to explore without boundaries. The epitome of urban chic, the MIOS 3-in-1 travel system can be used with a carry cot, the Cloud Q car seat, and the seat unit so no matter where you are, the MIOS is perfectly in tune with the needs of your life. The MIOS is compatible with any form of transport, from train to car with a compact width of 50cm and weight of just 8.7kg – the ultimate lightweight pushchair that allows you to embark on city touring. A pushchair for a lifestyle that hasn’t come to a halt with parenthood.
Read what MN bloggers FlyingWithABaby thought of the MIOS here

Redefining the modern day car seat with true decadence, the CLOUD Q is the ultimate car seat for safety both in and out of the car that is suitable for group 0+. For the parents who travel on long car journeys, the transforming car seat means trips can be almost endless with a near-flat lying angle that keeps your baby both safe and comfortable in the car.
Read what MN blogger FiveLIttleDoves thought of the CLOUD here

Stylish and ergonomic, the Yema is setting new standards in baby carrier style and functionality. The 3 carrying positions, front, side, and back, create the perfect connection between parent and baby and have been approved as ‘Hip Healthy’ by the International Hip Dysplasia.

Here’s what Cybex has to say about the range: ‘‘At Cybex, our motto is “form follows family” so we make sure our products always combine high quality, intelligent functionality and outstanding design. The products we’d like you to test are part of our Butterfly Fashion Collection, inspired by the designs of Charles and Ray Eames. They’ve been designed with everyday parenting challenges in mind, so that they can make your life easier, while looking great!"

Testers - If you have taken part in this product test, please leave your feedback on the thread below answering these questions - we’d also love a photo or 2 of the product in use.

First impressions - first of all please share the product you are testing and why you wanted to try it. Please share what you thought when it first arrived, how easy it was to understand the instructions and the overall look and feel of it.

Secondly please share your thoughts on the below:

- Which product did you test and what did you think of it overall?
- How old is your child? What sort of testing did you do?
- What did you think of the design? What features stood out to you?
- What about the functionality - how did it meet your needs as a parent?
- Did you partner (if applicable) or a friend use it? If so, what did they think?
- How likely are you to recommend the product you tested to a friend or family member?
- Any other comments?

All testers who leave their feedback on the thread will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £300 Love2Shop voucher.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

Loopyaboutmy2boys Wed 23-Aug-17 21:52:54

We were sent the priam as felt we would get more use out of it than the other items, as aside from existing children we are due another baby in just over 6 weeks. Not sure if we've received everything as it's described as a 3 in 1 travel system but we haven't received a carrycot or a car seat, just the chassis in one box and then a lux seat in the other, so I don't know if it's just the pushchair we are testing and not the full 3 in 1?

When it arrived we were very pleasantly surprised as the material wasn't what we were expecting, it's a lovely grey fabric version. My husband built it and it took a matter of minutes to do. His only comment was that from the instructions it wasn't clear which way round the storage thing under the seat should go. We are thrilled with how it looks, and I'm looking forward to using it. I always found our old one hard to collapse and this looks a lot more user friendly and the seat looks very comfy, the padded straps are a nice touch, first impressions are we are really impressed with the design and the quality of it

pestov Wed 23-Aug-17 23:45:36

I've been using an old Maclaren Texhno XT (with hinge covers!) for travelling with my 18 month old DD and wanted to try something that I can take on the tube as well as to play dates. Was very excited when my Mios arrived this week - I hadn't been contacted with a delivery date but luckily I was home as it came in 3 boxes - a big one for the chassis and seat and 2 smaller ones with the hood and comfort inlay. First thing I checked out was the colour: Manhatten Grey is a lovely lighter grey that looks really classy on and completely unisex.

Once DD was in bed I set about building it. The only bit I struggled with was attaching the hood to the chassis as it's easy to get the wrong way round or some of the seat fabric caught. Other than that it was all very simple - literally pop in the wheels and you can go!

I knew the seat was a breathable mesh but I was surprised at just how big the holes were - I could watch telly through them! The comfort inlay however will make the seat much warmer and was really easy to fit. I also wasn't expecting to get car seat adapters included with the frame.

First impressions are that it has a good turning circle and is very airy. The storage basket is smaller at one end but is much more accessible than I'm used to as the seat is nice and high up. The one handed recline is exciting as is the ability to adjust the footrest - the mechanisms are very similar to the Cosatto noodle supa high chair we use. It has a lovely handlebar with similar stitching to my car's steering wheel which felt great. DH felt that the handlebar is too far from the seat unit and that makes the pram feel very long overall. I disagree and can't wait to test it out with DD

WhereDoAllThePokemonGo Thu 24-Aug-17 12:08:38

tester

I applied for the Yema baby carrier because although I have a pram, I discovered that I prefer to "wear" my baby when out and about, particularly when we go out for walks off the beaten track. I had been using a jersey wrap to carry my baby but as he got bigger I was struggling to carry him comfortably and wanted a more structured carrier. Fortuitously this product test came up and the Yema looked perfect!

The carrier was delivered on Tuesday so I haven't had time to try it out yet, but my initial impressions on opening the package was that the product looks slick and stylish. I was sent the Denim material which I wasn't expecting, but looks very attractive. The finish of the carrier appears to be of a very high standard, with all attachments feeling secure. I particularly like the fact that there is an adjustable seat panel which should ensure that my baby is comfortable and safe as he continues to grow.

I have had a quick look at the instruction manual, which is purely diagrammatic - I find some of the diagrams a bit confusing (e.g. the hip carry position) but I've never been terribly good at interpreting images, much preferring a tranche of text! My DH is great with diagrams though, so we'll go through it together later to learn the different configurations available.

I'm very much looking forward to trying out the hip and back carry positions as I haven't tried these before but I think that my baby would really like these as he's quite nosey! I'm looking forward to updating you all with our experiences smile

Hairq Thu 24-Aug-17 19:59:12

Non tester here. My DS used to regularly entertain passers by with a non stop medley of ACDC's greatest hits whilst in his pushchair.

Teabay Fri 25-Aug-17 11:23:12

Whilst out in the pushchair my child saw a big electronic advertising screen - and said, "wow that will have a really big remote controller" grin

MummyBtothree Fri 25-Aug-17 11:34:45

Non-Tester = Our middle DC used to have an elephant soft toy that he used as a comforter, he used to suckling the trunk & he was inseparable from it. When he was in his pushchair he used to throw the toy at people's feet & laugh at them when they picked it up to give it back to him, trying to avoid the very soggy trunk!

asuwere Fri 25-Aug-17 11:41:20

Non tester - DS used to do a lot of loud directing from the buggy, usually on the school run which we did 3 times a day, 5 days a week. Made me laugh as I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get lost smile

FuckingHateRats Fri 25-Aug-17 12:50:27

Non Tester..

My son used to shout out direction! Dat way, dis way, go faster!

Nightfall1983 Fri 25-Aug-17 14:36:44

Non Tester:

I was strapping my then two-year old into his car seat (rear facing Cybex Sirona, natch) but due to someone parking too close on his side I was sitting in the middle seat to do so. Toddler watched me closely, looking at me, peering round to look at the drivers seat and back again before asking "Theodore drive today?" - I thought it was pretty funny and cute anyway...

OhIfIMust Fri 25-Aug-17 15:16:49

Tester - we are testing the Yema. First impressions were fab. Very high quality grey material (testing the Yema Platinum), very soft. Love the packaging - appears to be very high end. My usual carrier is an Ergo 360 and I'd definitely say this compares to that in quality. Instructions are very clear, especially where it explains how you get your baby into the "back" position safely when putting them into this carrier alone. I think myself and our 13 month old will be getting a lot of use out of this carrier over the next few weeks - especially since it's school holidays so we are running around with our older son too!

rupert23 Fri 25-Aug-17 18:12:23

My son learnt how to unclip the dummy clip from his buggy and throw it and the dummy at passers by. they would think he dropped it and hand it back to me. i would thank them and then tell him off as soon as we were out of earshot of them!

tisha934 Sat 26-Aug-17 14:22:26

Message withdrawn.

ShowMeWhatYouGot Sat 26-Aug-17 16:10:26

Non tester here smile

My DS(2) calls his car seat his "happy fart chair" he learnt people will laugh when they sit at the back with him if he blows off loudly :/ I'm sorry!

Ntinyn Sun 27-Aug-17 07:11:04

Non tester. DD went through phase of singing wheels on the bus v loud in buggy each time we got the bus. For the entire journey. V annoying too!

HattietheManatee Tue 29-Aug-17 12:12:16

Non tester here. Funniest thing my eldest did in the buggy (aged nearly 4) was shout the f word very clearly loudly and repeatedly on the bus. Everyone was either shocked or chuckling and I was just mortified! Now she's 14 I can see the funny side!

ErinSophia Tue 29-Aug-17 13:37:39

Non Tester Here
My daughter sings that Rebecca Black song 'Friday' when she's sitting in her car seat, I find it amusing as the lyrics go 'which seat should I take' and my daughter has misheard it and sings ' which seat should I rake' makes me chuckle hearing her enthusiastically singing the wrong words hehe.

userinfinity Tue 29-Aug-17 14:35:04

Non tester- we'd almost approached home when dd says 'where's the boat?' I asked 'what boat? Why would there be a boat here?'

She said 'it says sale over there but I can't see a boat anywhere', pointing to the shop window on the corner of our street.

She was around 4 years old and had started to read and as I didn't have a car then, would walk a lot more and take the pushchair for when she got tired

wwwwwwwwwwwwww Tue 29-Aug-17 15:53:38

I am testing the Priam. I wanted to try it as I really wanted to try something other than my bee 3. It has lots of good features but since we moved on from the bassinet I've not been entirely happy with my daughter's position in it.

Initial impressions were good. It was laid out beautifully in the two boxes. The autumn gold fabric looks to be of really high quality.

Assembly was very straightforward for the most part. The only things I found tricky were attaching the shopping bag as I did not find it clear which way it went. I could not attach the hood and my husband had to do it.

I'm not sure if the pram collapse without detaching the seat when it is parent facing. If it does I have not worked out how to do it yet.

The pram looks really stylish and modern. It is very big even when folded. It is also heavy but it does feel reassuringly robust and well made. The shopping bag is clearly very strong as it survived my daughter instantly climbing inside.

NeverTwerkNaked Tue 29-Aug-17 16:03:14

non-tester my children are very
slim and quite small for their age. when Dd was 2 ish Ds was 5 and used to get tired and they would often delight in being strapped in together into the (single) pushchair, DD on DS's knee! I have a few photos of it and they both look so thrilled about it grin

Falconhoof1 Wed 30-Aug-17 16:36:08

Non tester -i was pushing my DD in a forward facing buggy and thought I was getting lots of admiring smiles. When I stopped I realised her woolly hat had turned around so that the ear flaps were over her face and she looked ridiculous. So they weren't admiring glances at all!

Candyperfumegirl Wed 30-Aug-17 17:42:08

I usually drive everywhere, but a few weeks back I had to take the bus for a week. For me it was a chore, but my 2 year old son lived it. He enjoyed letting everyone who got on the bus know that we were all on a bus and said bye bye to everyone when they got off grin

Flanderspigeonmurderer Wed 30-Aug-17 18:33:09

My eldest ate my handbag while sat in his car seat! It was a long journey and I had left in on the middle seat. He was about eighteen months old and grabbed the strap and must have been chewing on it the whole time. Still, it did mean that I got a new one for Christmas!

foxessocks Wed 30-Aug-17 19:04:36

Non tester - my ds used to entertain passers by by shouting "mummies little boobies"! at the top of her voice from her pushchair...she was about 2 and I'm still not sure where she got it from but because we laughed she said it over and over confused

RockCrushesLizard Wed 30-Aug-17 19:31:25

Tester here

We've got the Mios to test.
I chose it because we live in a city, and do lots of folding/unfolding, walking down narrow streets etc, so it seemed to fit the brief.
The assembly was very straightforward - click the wheels in and attach the hood.
I must admit, it looks brilliant in comparison to our five year old Bugaboo bee. I like the sleek chassis, and the autumn gold colour pack is a nice rich orange-red.
First thoughts:
A very easy one hand fold and unfold, brilliant. The only negative is that it doesn't fold very small when the seat is parent facing - it's very bulky still. But the seat is very easy to switch round.
The recline on the seat is very smooth, to avoid waking sleepy small ones, though lifting the handle all the way up is trickier with the hood attached.
The mechanisms are similar to the bee (recline, adjusting seat etc) but seem smoother and better engineered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now