Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Read Mumsnetters’ feedback on My First Savsé cold-pressed baby food

(362 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

JustineBMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-Aug-17 14:43:21

This is the feedback thread for the 500 Mumsnetters who have been testing brand new range of cold-pressed baby food, My First Savsé.

Here’s what Guka, the founder of Savsé has to say: “When we looked at manufactured baby food, we realised babies weren’t getting the nutrients they deserved. Refusing to feed my own child pasteurised product, I wanted to push boundaries and create the freshest baby food possible. After all, real food isn’t just for adults.

This is why we created My First Savsé – Europe’s first cold-pressed, HPP baby food that’s as good as homemade. Unlike heat pasteurised baby food – which experiences a shocking 40% reduction in nutritional value* – with My First Savsé the nutritional value of our 100% Organic, Grade A fruit and veg is never compromised.

*Source: Fruselva Laboratories, July 2017 (tests carried out vs. heat pasteurised competitor x)”

Also from My First Savsé: “By cold-pressing our fruit and veg we don’t strip the goodness, replacing heat pasteurisation in favour of non-thermal High Pressure Processing (HPP) to ensure all vital nutrients are locked into each pouch, removing any nasties without compromising on taste or quality.

A busy parent will have to make a million compromises on a daily basis, but quality nutrition for their baby should never be one of them. However, with 1 in 4 parents unable to prepare homemade baby food due to work pressures, many have been forced to rely on heat pasteurised options bought in-store, with a sell by date often older than the babies themselves! But compromise no more. Our brand new cold-pressed baby food range, My First Savsé, has solved the problem - because babies deserve real food too.

Unlike heat pasteurised baby food, you won’t find My First Savsé in the baby aisle - oh no. You’ll find it in the chiller, alongside all the other fresh products!”

Testers, once the products are finished, please answer the below questions as well as leaving any other feedback you have:

1. Did you know that until My First Savsé came along, there was chilled pet food available in retailers but no chilled baby food? Will this change the way you shop for your little one?
2. Which was your little one’s favourite recipe from the My First Savsé Stage 1 range?
3. How could My First Savsé improve their recipes?How would you say My First Savsé compares to the current offering of baby food pouches in supermarkets?
4. Knowing that My First Savsé is never heat pasteurised, would you purchase My First Savsé if it was widely available in supermarkets, and why?
5. Would you recommend My First Savsé baby food to a friend or family member, and why?

We’d also love to see some photos of your little one testing My First Savsé cold-pressed baby food, so please share on the thread if you can.

If you’d like to share your experience on social media, please do using the hashtag #myfirstsavse

All testers who complete the required feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £300 voucher.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

NutButterNutter Thu 10-Aug-17 22:29:45

1. Did you know that until My First Savsé came along, there was chilled pet food available in retailers but no chilled baby food? Will this change the way you shop for your little one?
I didn't know, but I don't see how it changes the way I shop for my daughter. Needing to keep it chilled lessens the convenience of using a pouch, which I only usually do when we're out and about.
2. Which was your little one’s favourite recipe from the My First Savsé Stage 1 range?
Hard to tell because she's 10 months old, but the plain apple one went down the quickest.
3. How could My First Savsé improve their recipes?How would you say My First Savsé compares to the current offering of baby food pouches in supermarkets?
Although it's nice to have many flavours in one pouch, it isn't really necessary. I'd stick to a few more simple flavours, and more savoury ones.
4. Knowing that My First Savsé is never heat pasteurised, would you purchase My First Savsé if it was widely available in supermarkets, and why?
This is a big positive, and would make me think about using them when I'm feeling tired or don't have anything suitable in the house.
5. Would you recommend My First Savsé baby food to a friend or family member, and why?
I'd recommend them in terms of nutrition but not really in terms of convenience for being out and about.

firawla Thu 10-Aug-17 22:42:14

I didn't know about pet food as I have no pets, but I had noticed there are no baby pouches in the chiller section, although I'm sure I have seen slightly older baby (12m+) toddler meals in the chiller - maybe little dish?

I actually shop online for my groceries the majority of the time so the location of the product in the store doesn't make a huge difference, other than when I pop in for a top up shop.

The plain apple, although she was okay with all of them so far

3. How could My First Savsé improve their recipes?

As some others mentioned, I'd like a better split of sweet and savoury. I gave my baby some thinking they should be savoury (peas, kale..) but they mostly taste of apple! So rather than mixing flavours together I would possibly prefer them separate, and I could mix it with others myself if I wanted?

How would you say My First Savsé compares to the current offering of baby food pouches in supermarkets?

They're definitely more of a first weaning food, due to them being really thin and not as much texture. The combos remind me a bit of Babease pouches, by including less common veggies like Kale which is the type of thing they also do (although not chilled)

I would possibly buy it, in addition to other things, rather than switching to it entirely. I would probably go for the fruitier ones as a dessert, as they are all quite sweet anyway.

Also, with them being chilled I felt like I should serve them chilled too? and normally I serve savoury food warm, so they suit better as a desert.

The chilled and cold pressed feature is definitely a good thing if it keeps more nutrients in. I have to admit it's not something I really considered when buying and using other pouches in the past! So I would may be get some for that reason, but the down side would be not being able to take them out on the go (one of the usual reasons for using pouches!!), considering at home you can give fresh fruit instead quite easily

Possibly. If they mentioned being worried about nutrients being lost via pasturising or the process of putting food into pouches then I definitely would, or if they were looking for something new and different to try with their baby then yes. Otherwise I would probably not specifically mention this brand as it's more expensive

Scrowy Thu 10-Aug-17 23:11:45

Before I answer the questions I would like to say that I was very excited to be able to test these as I have never won anything/ given anything in my entire life and I don't care that it ended up being baby food when I did grin

I had to laugh at the idea that there are chilled pet products. That is ridiculous, and I've never personally seen them thankfully. No I'm sorry I won't change my shopping habits. I've used a variety of other brands of pouches of the 'not from the fridge' variety and to be honest the reason I buy them is because they can be kept room temperature e.g in changing bags/pantry etc. Realistically I wouldn't be able to give them the fridge space on a normal weekly basis. I'm a pretty keen home cook and have most of the ingredients in the pouches on my shopping list on a weekly basis anyway. Because I am now aware of the brand I would possibly pick one up on the move alongside refrigerated drinks for the rest of the family e.g. in a motor way service station/ café/ tourist attraction but I wouldn't go out of my way to keep them in stock at home.

Sadly the very fact that they need to be kept refrigerated is one of the reasons I would be unlikely to buy them for regular use. The whole point of the pouches is that they are essentially baby convenience food and the Savse range isn't that convenient if you can't bung it in a backpack for a day of travelling in a warm car/ train.

The other brands are also normally below the £1 price point and as such I don't feel too awful if my DD doesn't finish them over a 48 hr period (I noted the shelf life once opened was very short on the Savse products in comparison!). At £1.50+ a pop they are unaffordable for me on maternity leave. I think it has to be taken into account that the 'recommended weaning point' at 6 months is also where many women's maternity pay significantly reduces or has already dropped to just statutory. We are fairly comfortable and even I was baulking at the cost.

The one exception to everything above was that she particularly liked one flavour so if I saw it I would possibly consider buying a couple of pouches to keep as a treat for her.

She absolutely loved the sweet potato and lentil one that I understand a lot of people didn't get to try due to use by date issues. I genuinely think that she enjoyed it more than anything else I have given her since she started weaning. She inhaled it all in one go and actually cried when it was finished.

She was pretty 'meh' about the other flavours, she gave each one a try but generally abandoned them all other than the sweet potato one pretty quickly in favour of a stick of cucumber or a slice of bread. There was too much dependence on apple/ banana I think which are flavours she isn't massively keen on.

As I have said above, the price point is probably too high for average people to use regularly given that its likely your main consumers are women on maternity leave or SAHMs. I don't think the flavours are all that innovative in comparison to other brands and there is a dependence on some ingredients such as banana and apple. Weaning guidelines also suggest introducing one thing at a time at the beginning of weaning so some of your more complex pouches (the cucumber, kiwi, kale, spinach, apple and banana one for example) probably wouldn't be my first choice as an early weaning option.

I'm a farmer and the whole organic thing is a bit of a red herring to be honest (sorry). It annoys me when people continue to assume that organic somehow = better. I would be more impressed if you marketed it as all British grown veg or something rather than organic. As someone who is passionate about food sources and food miles
disappointingly I noted on the back of the pouch that the wording suggests that some of the ingredients may have come from outside the EU.

I was however pleased that the sugar/ salt levels were generally fairly low.

I don't care about heat pasteurisation to be honest. I only use pouches as a convenience rather than an every day thing so for me its a bit like offering carrot sticks in MacDonalds. Seems like a nice/sensible/ healthy idea but lets be honest its not what I'm there to buy.

If I saw it out and about I would maybe point out the brand. I would recommend the sweet potato one as a savoury soup type option to someone who didn't want to go to the hassle of pureeing things all the time. More likely I would suggest that flavour to doting grandparents as something they could have in stock if they were ever baby sitting and needed a bribe.

Sorry Savse, its a lovely idea but most of us don't have the fridge space or the bank balance to make the product in its current format a daily routine. I will use the one flavour she loved as a treat though.

toopeoply Fri 11-Aug-17 02:43:02

I wish it would but savse isn't stocked in any of my local supermarkets.

Spinach and apple

I thought it was vastly superior and as close to homemade as one is likely to get from a store.

Absolutely, but more because it's fresh. Think that marketing angle is better than the not heat pasteurised thing. More people will understand.

Already have to my sister who lives near stores that stock it. Even my 5yr old and 12rd old tried it and liked it. They said it was just like fruit smoothies

Robyn1986 Fri 11-Aug-17 09:53:47

I didn't know that there was chilled pet food. I would be more likely to buy this than the jars as it tasted good unlike the jars

The one with coconut in.

I think more variety is needed and to also look at having some with meat in them. These are a lot better than what is currently available.

I would buy it if it was available due to how it tasted. Even my 3 year old liked it.

I would as it tasted like it should. Other ready made baby food all tastes the same this is definitely better.

iamdivergent Fri 11-Aug-17 10:40:59

Just plscemarking. Will add feedback later

annieno1 Fri 11-Aug-17 14:24:19

No I was never aware of this
2. Which was your little one’s favourite recipe from the My First Savsé Stage 1 range? My baby loved the apple it was great for mixing it with his cereal and yoghurt
3. How could My First Savsé improve their recipes?How would you say My First Savsé compares to the current offering of baby food pouches in supermarkets? Nothing at all love it. Nothing is fresh like this stuff
4. Knowing that My First Savsé is never heat pasteurised, would you purchase My First Savsé if it was widely available in supermarkets, and why? Yes because I love the idea of that
5. Would you recommend My First Savsé baby food to a friend or family member, and why? Yes and already have fresh and pure being the reason

StealthPolarBear Fri 11-Aug-17 18:47:51

What is the benefit of non heat pasteurised?
I know nothing about this stuff

silkpyjamasallday Fri 11-Aug-17 20:11:34

I don't have any pets so was not aware you could buy chilled pet food. I tend to give our daughter whatever we are having, unless it is something unsuitable for her like takeaway, in which case I will make something for her, when she was younger I would give her a pouch of food for convenience. It won't change my shopping habits when considering what our daughter is going to be eating. I would purchase a sweet variety for her to have as a pudding though as she enjoyed them.

^
My daughter has never rejected any food we have offered and enjoyed all of the pouches, but the one with coconut and cacao was her favourite. I gave it to her spread on toast soldiers. ^

^
I noticed on reading the ingredients that all of the pouches contained high proportions of apple, I know that babies are more likely to accept sweet foods but I think some parents would be concerned about the levels of sugar when so much fruit is involved. We have used Ella's pouches which have a greater variety of savoury flavours, even at the stage 1 level which these test products are. They were also very runny in consistency but our daughter didn't seem to mind although she mostly eats solid food now. I think the inclusion of some grains and more savoury flavours would be positive in terms of both taste and consistency. ^

^
I would definitely have purchased these products had they been available when our daughter was starting to wean, the price wouldn't have put me off but I wouldn't have used them everyday, as I purchased pouches of food as a convenient easy meal, and as these need to be stored in the fridge they are not ideal for taking as an on the go snack/meal. My partner and I have been fans of the Savsé juice range for a while and liked that the same cold pressed method is used on the baby food, this element appealed to us as we want even convenience food to be as good nutritionally as possible and as close to something I would make at home rather than a highly processed product. ^

^
I would recommend them yes, I have several pregnant friends and I would suggest they had a few pouches in for when there isn't the time to cook or make something from scratch without running to the shops or risking an irate hungry baby.^

Chapman31 Fri 11-Aug-17 20:22:36

1. I was aware that chilled pet food was available but had never really given much thought to chilled baby food. It won't change the way I shop for baby food.
2. My sons favourite one was the kiwi and kale one. There were a few that seemed quite bitter that he didn't enjoy. The plain fruit ones such as Apple he enjoyed mixed with porridge.
3. I think My Savse pouches are much fresher than other products and have a wider range of fruit and vegetables. However the concentration of fruit and veg seems much more intense than other brands and gave my little boy quite a bit of wind and an upset tummy.
4. I probably wouldn't buy My Savse pouches if I had to buy them chilled and keep them chilled.
5. I would recommend them for the fruit and veg content but would warn parents about the potential for extra wind and an upset tummy as the concentration is quite strong.

Chewiecat Fri 11-Aug-17 21:01:05

1. No I didn't know this at all but don't think it will change my habits. It's not convenient as I can't take it out and about with me. If I'm at home, I rather purée myself as I know what goes in it
2. Coconut & cacao
- It's all apple?
- No savoury flavours
- too runny
4. Unlikely as my DS had a bad belly after. Also it's not very convenient as we have to use it within 6 hours
5. Probably not as my little one had a bad belly after eating this. Price is also too high

ToEatOrNotToEat Sat 12-Aug-17 00:43:13

No, I wasn't aware chilled pet food is available and this won't change the way I shop (which is dependant on my budget!)

The beetroot one.

As the pouches are described as stage 1 I expected them to have a smooth consistency but some of them were very runny. I think the texture needs to be thicker. I was also unimpressed by the labelling of the different flavours. They sounded interesting but were invariably apple/banana based and I think the sweet flavour is why my boys liked them. My boys are past the first weaning stage but I wouldn't have been happy to use these pouches as they are so overwhelmingly sweet. Your competitors have pouches which are clearly 'savoury meals' or 'sweet desserts' which mimic adult meals. I would not eat these pouch flavours.

No. I don't care if food is heat pasteurised. My shopping priorities are budget and convenience. My First Savse fails on both of them.

No. I don't think the pouches are value for money due to the high apple content and the need to keep them chilled means they can't be used for trips out.

iamdivergent Sat 12-Aug-17 06:39:42

No I didn't, I knew that there was chilled 1+ meals though. No it probably won't change the way that I shop.

The cocoa one - it was the only one he actually had more than a mouthful of!

3. How could My First Savsé improve their recipes? How would you say My First Savsé compares to the current offering of baby food pouches in supermarkets?

Less apple! More textured options - these are fine as a treat but wouldn't want to give too often as I'd worry my son would get too used to the pureed texture again.

It wouldn't influence me either way - I tend to shop with budget in mind.

I'm not sure - my son wasn't all that fussed about them so I definitely wouldn't purchase again...they might be better for first weaning but the flavours may be a bit strong for that stage.

BalloonDinosaur Sat 12-Aug-17 08:46:03

I didn't know that, but I do t think it would make a big difference to me particularly.

He really enjoyed them all to be honest. But I think the cacao was his favourite.

A little more texture for older babies and more savoury options.

The only thing that puts me off is the price. Sadly, it would be out of my price range.

Yes, if budget wasn't an issue. My son really enjoyed all of the pouches and was nice to give him stuff he probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

LovelyBranches Sat 12-Aug-17 12:07:29

I have bought chilled toddler food but not chilled baby food prior to this. It makes it feel fresher when it comes from the chilled aisle

She very much enjoyed them all. I had a little taste and you could tell what was in each pouch which was good. The beetroot was a particular favourite, see photo.

I think they compare very well. I am happy we got to try them and my daughter seemed to enjoy being a tester. I would buy them again given her reactions.

I would, it seems like a credible and healthy brand. I liked the mix of fruit and veg and I would copy the recipes myself. I find the pouches convenient when I'm out and about and would be happy to purchase in future.

I would and have done. They seem to be a great way of feeding your baby on the go.

PinkyPudding Sat 12-Aug-17 15:10:18

1. Did you know that until My First Savsé came along, there was chilled pet food available in retailers but no chilled baby food? Will this change the way you shop for your little one? I had no idea they existed but yes I will definitely buy more of these in the future.
2. Which was your little one’s favourite recipe from the My First Savsé Stage 1 range? Definitely the blueberry, prune, apple & banana or the coconut, cacao, apple & banana
3. How could My First Savsé improve their recipes?How would you say My First Savsé compares to the current offering of baby food pouches in supermarkets? Not sure how they could improve, because I'm no expert. I think they're really onto something good though. I try everything before I give it to Liam and he really enjoyed all of them and so did I.
4. Knowing that My First Savsé is never heat pasteurised, would you purchase My First Savsé if it was widely available in supermarkets, and why? Yes I definitely would, because it doesn't have loads of preservatives like other baby foods.
5. Would you recommend My First Savsé baby food to a friend or family member, and why? Yes I already have recommended it to our baby group.

I was really impressed with all of the foods and looked to buy more at Tesco but they didn't have it. Liam really enjoyed almost all of them and I felt good about giving them to him to eat.

Kellz92 Sat 12-Aug-17 17:25:13

No, I wasn't aware of this, and to be honest It wouldn't change the way I shopped as I try cooking most Of The food I need my baby.

She liked them all but if aay plain apple was her favourite.

Id recommend making some more with less fruit and more vegetables in them. The only thing id say is that they do have a lot more flavours in one pouch than the ones you can currently purchase.

I would purchase again, buy not for the reason that it's not hear pasteurised. But because my daughter really enjoyed them.

I Would recommend as they were ideal for babies. Lots of flavours and nice that they're chilled.

Trundle13 Sat 12-Aug-17 18:21:24

As mentioned on the previous thread, my pack of tester pouches arrived on a day when I was away, so unfortunately they were not fit to give my baby. I'll try and answer some of the questions though:
No, and no - when I want to give my baby fresh food, I generally make it myself - pouches and jars are bought specifically because they can be kept in the cupboard until needed, unlike these chilled pouches.
N/A
N/A
No - as I said above, I purchase premade baby food to have on standby in the cupboard, so a pouch that needs refrigeration and has a short shelf-life isn't suitable for my requirements.
Can't really answer as unable to try!

Ogochukwu27 Sat 12-Aug-17 18:44:08

1. Did you know that until My First Savsé came along, there was chilled pet food available in retailers but no chilled baby food?
No I did not know there was even a chilled pet food.
Will this change the way you shop for your little one?
Unfortunately it would not
I was not able to give my baby any of the products as I got an email that the products would be put in an ice pack. I received the products two days after with no ice pack. Then I went ahead and read the instructions it says "can be served straight from the fridge. Once removed from the fridge or opened eat within 12 hours. I received mine 48hours after the ice must have melted and since it was cod pressed. I felt the integrity of the product was compromised. I tried contacting the company but I got no response.

Well to that effect I have no answer but I can tell how you can build a trust worthy brand. When handling sensitive food like yours same day delivery should be an option at least to help with the claims on your packaging.

4. Knowing that My First Savsé is never heat pasteurised, would you purchase My First Savsé if it was widely available in supermarkets.
The price is unite steep. Unfortunately I would not purchase this product

I would not because if you can send a product that you know should be refrigerated without taking into consideration distance and all to help protect the integrity of your products and was also careless to send products that were out of date and would not respond to a customer's enquiry. I feel it would need a good restructuring. To earn my trust.

That not withstanding the idea is a great one and if I did not encounter all these hitches I would recommend it to a friend because it should be just like home made

makingmiracles Sat 12-Aug-17 18:44:48

No, I'd noticed toddler meals but no chilled meals for younger children under 1, I first noticed my savse in the chiller isle in Morrisons this week and would buy it

2. Which was your little one’s favourite recipe from the My First Savsé Stage 1 range? My little ones favourite was the apple,pear,pea and spinach surprisingly!

I was impressed by the different ingredients that I've not seen in other Baby foods like spinach, pumpkin etc it is definately a bit different from other baby foods currently offered in supermarkets, the fact it's in the chiller rather than on the shelf makes you automatically think it's better/fresher/healthier

Yes I like the fact it's cold pressed, I never realised how many nutrients are lost during pasteurisation

Yes, my little one enjoyed the flavours and I liked the fact they are cold pressed and chilled with a short date you would expect from chilled food rather than baby jars that are in date for years. The flavours have a good variety and I like the fact less children moon foods are n the pouches like pumpkin and spinach.

My daughters fave was the apple pear pea and spinach, which she wolfed down and cried when it was gone!
The only critical feedback would be about the cocoa, coconut apple and banana pouch, daughter really seemed to enjoy it but the consistency was very very runny and it was hard to stay on the spoon-I think it would be hard to keep it on a small weaning spoon!

Sj10 Sat 12-Aug-17 20:24:12

Firstly, with all the drama of out of date Pouches and an open foil bag with no hint of dry ice it was a little bit of a let down and didn't create the best first impression however there were no adverse effects- (I didn't realise until after I'd fed my twins), mine loved all of the Pouches, probably due to the high fruit content in all of them!
1. Did you know that until My First Savsé came along, there was chilled pet food available in retailers but no chilled baby food? Will this change the way you shop for your little one?-
I didn't know this and to be honest I'm not sure I care so it won't change my way of shopping.
I honestly think they loved all of them, I couldn't feed it to the quick enough, depending on availability and price I'd buy again
Something different but for those who want to be truly better nutritionally wouldn't you just make your own?? I think of it as the same as normal vs organic and so cold pressed vs all other baby food. Probably better for you but unless priced competitively it has to be something you truly buy into.

I would buy it for flavours and variety but not because it is cold pressed and other foods aren't.

5. Would you recommend My First Savsé baby food to a friend or family member, and why
I don't know... probably but not the best first impression and I don't think I know anyone who'd prefer cold pressed baby food

FionaJade Sat 12-Aug-17 20:33:30

1.Did you know that until My First Savsé came along, there was chilled pet food available in retailers but no chilled baby food? Will this change the way you shop for your little one?

I wasn't aware as I have no pets but I have bought chilled baby food before for my older son, I think they are for 1 year plus tho possibly.
If anything I find that these being chilled makes me far less likely to buy them as thay are not convenient like other pouches as I only really use them when out and about so I keep one in the changing bag just in case I need it, you cannot do the with these pouches as they need to be kept chilled.

2.Which was your little one’s favourite recipe from the My First Savsé Stage 1 range?

My son seamed to enjoy the lentils flavour the best, i chose to try this one first as I liked that it had lentils in aswell as the fruit and veg, unfortunately I then found out that this one was out of date, It hasn't crossed my mind to check the date as I assumed a company would only send out products that were suitable to be eaten. I was not impressed and spent the rest of the day worrying my son would be ill, fortunately he was fine.
He also quite liked the cocao flavour too.

3.How could My First Savsé improve their recipes?How would you say My First Savsé compares to the current offering of baby food pouches in supermarkets?

I was disappointed to see that fruit was the main ingredient in all the pouches, even the ones which initially sound that they would be mostly veg, this would put me off buying them as I don't like to give too much sweet food when just starting weaning as it encourages a sweet preference. I also think they were a bit too runny, I had to thicken some of them up a bit with baby rice as they were too runny for my almost 6 month old to manage, it just ran off the spoon and he dribbled it out, other pouches we have tried do not have this problem.
In comparison to other products I think the range is quite limited and some if the flavours are quite odd combinations, I did like that one had lentils tho.

4.Knowing that My First Savsé is never heat pasteurised, would you purchase My First Savsé if it was widely available in supermarkets, and why?

I have no problem with heat pasteurisation and as I mentioned about the chilled nature of these products make them of little use to me as I rarely use the pouches at home.

5.Would you recommend My First Savsé baby food to a friend or family member, and why?

Probably not as i do not find them useful to me but if someone did use pouches at home and was looking for some different flavours to try then I might suggest them. Although with them being in a separate part if the supermarket I think I'd probably forget about them as I go to the baby aisle for any baby food I need.

MilkyMamma Sat 12-Aug-17 20:36:07

No I didn't, but no it won't. I buy pouches for the convenience of keeping them in my bag if needs be, so these pouches wouldn't be useful to me.

2. Which was your little one’s favourite recipe from the My First Savsé Stage 1 range? All the ones that were just fruit!

I don't like the mixture of veg and fruit, I thought it was a bit odd. Was interesting to see some ingredients I wouldn't normally see though.
No, I wouldn't say it's worth the hassle of having to keep them refrigerated.

No. I wasn't overly impressed to be honest. Bad start being sent out of date food.
I found the fact that they expired from 12 hours after meant I was wasting them, my daughter has only just started weaning and so isn't having much. I also thought the fact that they needed to be kept chilled an inconvenience, I only normally would use them out of the house but taking a cool bag wasn't an option.
She did enjoy most of them though.

Justnowthisone Sat 12-Aug-17 21:03:45

I came on here to read reviews but having read this all - GOSH - I'm not touching it with a barge pole for any future "little ones". envy

OrianaBanana Sun 13-Aug-17 10:11:40

1. No I wasn't aware of chilled pet food but it doesn't surprise me. It won't change the way I shop at the moment.
2. She liked the one with peas in.
3. More texture, more savoury, more protein, less kale (she wasn't keen on that one)! Apart from being chilled and non-pasteurised it seems much the same as some other pouches on the market in terms of taste, texture and flavour combinations.
4. I might get one occasionally but it's a faff to find them specially in a different place in the supermarket. I also mostly use pouches for keeping in my bag for emergencies when I find we're out and about and there's no suitable food. Obviously as these have to be chilled I can't do that with them - and at home I make my own/give her food we're having. For my 7 month old the Savse pouches were too smooth.
5. I would probably mention them in case they were of interest, my baby did like them but not really more or less than anything else. She didn't react to them but I'd probably mention that some babies did too. I'd also mention the price!

Thanks for letting me test these.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now