Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

MNer with child under 12? Want to try the new Google Home? £300 voucher to be won! NOW CLOSED

(351 Posts)
PoppyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-May-17 11:23:09

We are looking for 50 MNers, with at least one child under the age of 12, to test the new Google Home. If selected, you’ll receive the product, worth £129, and get to keep it! grin

What you’ll need do: Test Google Home for two weeks and give feedback on your experience by posting on a feedback thread as well as completing a short survey.

Here’s what Google has to say about the product: “The time we get to spend at home with our family and friends is pretty special. So what if technology could help us make the most of those moments, instead of sometimes pulling our attention away from them? Google Home is a hands-free smart speaker powered by the Google Assistant that does just that. Whether you want to get answers from Google, enjoy your music*, manage your everyday tasks and control compatible smart devices around your home, all you have to do is say “Ok Google”.

*Google Home is optimised for selected music services only. Subscriptions/payments may be required.

Below is a video about the product:

If you’re interested in testing Google Home, please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard T&Cs apply

wendyonthefarm Mon 08-May-17 11:45:46

smile My DD has been asking if we could possibly save up for one of these. So she would be so happy if we got a chance to try one, fingers crossed smile

Lunar1 Mon 08-May-17 13:06:01

Id love a chance to test this, and my children would love asking it random questions too!

31weeksgone Mon 08-May-17 15:46:06

Would love to test :-)

mummyeme Mon 08-May-17 16:36:46

My daughter and I would really love to test this smile

rupert23 Mon 08-May-17 16:42:25

my son would love this hope we get the chance to test it

Loopyaboutmy2boys Mon 08-May-17 17:31:08

Done, my sons would both love this although I dread to think of the questions they might ask it!!

countingdown Mon 08-May-17 19:59:28

This looks great.

Candyperfumegirl Mon 08-May-17 20:00:36

Fingers crossed for this one, sounds amazing!

PurpleCrazyHorse Mon 08-May-17 21:59:51

Applied. Goodness knows what questions my 8yo would ask it. We also have a Chromcast and various subscriptions so it would be super fancy to just talk and ask to watch something rather than look it up and cast it from a mobile or the PlayStation.

AtSea1979 Mon 08-May-17 23:23:57

Done. This would be brilliant. I would so love to test this. I can imagine the kids if we had this, the random things they would ask!

Longdistance Mon 08-May-17 23:29:42

My dd's would talk constantly to it. They ask me so many questions, I can have an assistant now grin

Theimpossiblegirl Mon 08-May-17 23:45:07

Done.
I'm hoping there will be safety features like Google Safe-search built in to avoid the children asking awkward questions and getting unsuitable answers.

emmie5 Tue 09-May-17 07:25:16

My Daughters would love to test this

Therewere5inthebed Tue 09-May-17 11:15:28

We would love to test this, does it work for 'why.. but why' questions? If so it could save my sanity.

JustWater Tue 09-May-17 13:01:40

My daughter would absolutely love this. She's a right chatterbox always asking questions.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 09-May-17 13:07:24

Ooh! Now this is an insight test to actually get excited about grin

crazydaisyuk Tue 09-May-17 18:13:57

Applied, now fingers crossed smile

BaldricksTrousers Wed 10-May-17 10:24:14

Ooh, would love to test this. I am guilty of looking at my phone too often! But I do recognise that Google has a very important function in our house! Whether it be argument-solver, fact-finder, or pictures-of-puppies-looker-upper. My DD6 is always asking me to find facts and information about her latest academic obsessions (this week, the deep ocean)

FeedMeAndTellMeImPretty Wed 10-May-17 10:32:39

Eek! Signed up for this on my phone while ignoring my children

My DP is a big tech lover - his whole house is linked to his phone. Think he'll be v envious if I get this smile

MNHQ - If it's a choice between letting me test this or the ketchup, I'll take this one please!!

beardotdo Wed 10-May-17 11:09:56

I'll admit that I spend far too much time on my phone. I think of things that I need to look up, then invariably get distracted and spend much longer looking at things than I intended. Products like this one definately have the potential to stop this.

carz1985 Wed 10-May-17 11:35:22

This looks great my kids would love this my 5 year old is full of questions and spend too much time on my phone. This is idea to help

Peppapogstillonaloop Wed 10-May-17 11:35:40

My kids would love to test this out!

Preggocinders Wed 10-May-17 11:41:09

I'd love to try this out, currently breastfeeding my 6 week old and trying to keep my 2 year old entertained at the same time! Challenging!!

MerryMarigold Wed 10-May-17 11:44:52

Is it better than Alexa? Would like to compare. We only have the Echo dot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now