Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Take the Whole Grain Goodness challenge to be in with a chance of winning a £250 supermarket voucher NOW CLOSED

(39 Posts)
PoppyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jan-17 11:38:44

We've been asked by WholeGrainGoodness.com to find 100 MNers to take part in a two-week whole grain challenge starting Monday 6th February and you will have until Sunday 26th February to feedback.

Here's what WholeGrainGoodness.com, a not-for-profit campaign aiming to inspire people to eat more whole grain, says about the challenge:

“Most of us know it’s important to eat at least five portions of fruit and veg every day. But did you know high fibre foods are also an important part of a healthy, balanced diet? The dietary recommendation for adults is that we should aim for at least 30g of fibre a day; but currently only manage, on average, about 18g. Whole grains are a great source of fibre and so public health advice is to base our meals on starchy carbohydrate foods, and to choose whole grain varieties where possible.

So try something different for your New Year's diet resolutions this year – take part in our whole grain challenge, involve your family too if you can, and tell us what you think to be entered into a prize draw."

Here's what's involved:
- This is open to all UK MNers

- The challenge starts Monday 6th February. During the challenge you'll need to post your feedback on a thread on MN. You will have until Sunday 26th February to do so. Please only sign up if you’re available to take part during this time.

- 100 MNers will be selected as 'official' testers. If selected, you'll be sent a £10 supermarket voucher to contribute towards the cost of buying whole grains / whole grain foods. This voucher will be for one of two supermarkets - you can submit your preference when you sign up. All 'officials' who post feedback on the MN thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a £250 supermarket voucher.

- You can still take part if you don't get selected as an 'official' tester. All 'non-official' testers who take part in the challenge and post feedback on the MN thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 supermarket voucher.

- The challenge is to include whole grains / whole grain foods in at least ONE meal or snack per day for two weeks and tell us what you think. You can involve your family too if you can.

According to WholeGrainGoodness.com:

“There’s so much variety available to choose from, such as wholemeal breads, flours, rolled oats, whole grain breakfast cereals, rye crackers. Even popcorn is a whole grain food! Perhaps try going half-and-half, like mixing white with wholemeal flour in baking, wild rice with white rice or brown pasta with white pasta. If you already eat lots of whole grain, feel free to take part in the challenge too, as we’d like to know what you think also, to help us inspire others to eat more delicious and nutritious whole grains.

- If you have any questions about whole grains go to WholeGrainGoodness.com and check out the Guide to Whole Grain pages and the FAQs, or use the Contact Us form. To help you get cooking with whole grains, try these delicious Recipes created by professional home economists and dietitians, designed to show that healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring – it can be surprisingly good!”

If you'd like to take part as an 'official' in the WholeGrainGoodness.com challenge, please sign up here.

Thanks

MNHQ

Please note: posts on this thread may be reproduced by Whole Grain Goodness (AHDB).

Ratbagcatbag Mon 16-Jan-17 12:16:05

Do I just list my name here? I can't see a survey link?

Lyn29 Mon 16-Jan-17 14:37:09

Is there a link or do I pop my info here ?

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 16-Jan-17 14:41:11

How do we sign up?

user1484652704 Tue 17-Jan-17 11:38:00

How do I sign up for this?

SerialReJoiner Tue 17-Jan-17 11:44:12

Signed up.

WingMirrorSpider Tue 17-Jan-17 12:18:07

Yes I'm happy to do this too.

foxessocks Tue 17-Jan-17 12:28:21

I've signed up so assume link has been added now

user1484652704 Tue 17-Jan-17 12:44:05

Just seen the link! I've signed up.

SillyMoomin Tue 17-Jan-17 15:38:45

oh wonderful, this sounds great, yes please!

slightlydomesticated Tue 17-Jan-17 16:23:26

Signed up, sounds good.

Butteredpars1ps Tue 17-Jan-17 18:24:58

Signed up. DH and I have recently read the starch diet and so this is very timely. The links and information above look informative too and I am keen to do this!

As feedback though, can I have just a little grumble about the survey questions? We probably eat whole grains 4-5 times a week, and yet the answers offered weekly and daily, which don't fit for us.

hareagain Tue 17-Jan-17 20:13:33

Yes, we are somewhere between daily and weekly. Intake definitely needs upping, particularly teen DS. Would relish the challenge.

AngelwingsPetlamb Tue 17-Jan-17 21:21:29

Signed up thank you

pinkspideruk Tue 17-Jan-17 23:52:04

all done fingers crossed sounds good

claza93 Wed 18-Jan-17 06:29:15

Signed up - sounds great!

freakfire Wed 18-Jan-17 08:21:44

Signed up. Fingers crossed, as I'm trying to be healthier atm anyway, so this would be a great helper!

SunFinished Wed 18-Jan-17 12:30:31

Signed up

GeekyWombat Thu 19-Jan-17 07:20:15

Signed up! I know I should be eating whole grains (I have PCOS) but I've never got to grips with them and found anything tasty.

whatwoulddexterdo Thu 19-Jan-17 17:49:31

Yep done. Looks intriguing and I love a challenge

AtSea1979 Thu 19-Jan-17 19:25:15

Signed up

gemmie797 Fri 20-Jan-17 09:44:27

I've signed up. I eat wholegrains but have never kept an eye on how much. Great study

SmileyShazza Tue 24-Jan-17 21:52:15

Have completed the online application smile

lillyfer Wed 25-Jan-17 13:55:30

After some recent health issues I have been looking to improve all aspects of my diet, I would love to take part

BillyButtfuck Wed 25-Jan-17 16:21:33

Ooooo very interested so have signed up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now