This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

UK female MNer aged 18-45 currently TTC? Volunteers needed for Clearblue Clinical trial: Free product (in exchange for urine samples!)

(7 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-Sep-16 10:43:40

See below for a call out from the team at Clearblue smile

They say "At Clearblue we put women right at the heart of everything we do – from education and technological development through to design, research, clinical studies, field trials and testing. Our mission is to transform the way women manage their reproductive health.

We believe it is important that women have access to accurate tests with results that can be trusted. Therefore we test our products with a wide variety of urine samples so we can make the best possible products.

We are looking for women aged 18 to 45 who want to become pregnant and are willing to use an ovulation prediction product.

We would need you to use a Clearblue ovulation test kit for 1 month, collect a daily urine sample and complete daily diaries. You would then need to send your samples and paperwork back to us by free-post. All study materials and full instructions will be provided. Participation in the study will take approximately 10 minutes of your time each day.

You will be given complimentary product at the end of the study (in addition to the product you have used during the study) as a thank you to compensate you for your time.

If you're able and willing to take part please follow the link to register your details: uk.clearblue.com/survey (Please mention “Mumsnet”).

Typically, more than 5,000 women contribute to the development of each product and we quality check around 30,000 tests before a new product is launched. Altogether more than 120,000 women from 10 countries have participated in Clearblue clinical research to date and we continue to increase these numbers every single day. Based at the Clearblue innovation centre in Bedford, UK we run lots of clinical trials - in-house, by post (like this one), and at study sites in the UK and abroad. For over a quarter of a century we have helped millions of women across the globe by delivering accurate & clear answers at life-changing moments.

All Clearblue clinical research studies are approved by an independent ethics committee and follow special international study regulations. Clearblue process your information in accordance with data protection laws, so you can rest assured that your information will be kept confidential. Your samples and personal information will only ever be used for the purposes that you have agreed to.

Thank you
The Clearblue Innovation Centre Team (Steven Hart, Dr Sarah Johnson, and Pauline Parsons)"

Good luck flowers
MNHQ

RobberBride Fri 09-Sep-16 19:35:43

"At Clearblue we put women right at the heart of everything we do"
>> In that case, please can they make it easy for women to opt out of their online adverts? I have tried to strip every single online account I have of telling info about my infertility, but there must be something that means everytime I go on YouTube, I get Clearblue telling me they can help me find out when I ovulate or when I'm pregnant. Which they can't, because I don't ovulate, so I'm unlikely to get pregnant any time soon. I can't even skip the fucking ad after a few seconds, and they don't seem to have the button that most online ads have saying 'not relevant to you? We'll fuck off then'.

Sorry for rant MN, I know it isn't your fault!

bananafish81 Fri 09-Sep-16 20:50:15

I've been chased round the Internet by clearblue adverts. Telling me you can help me get pregnant after I've just had a miscarriage from my second IVF cycle is not helpful

If only we'd thought to use ovulation sticks!!

If you're posting on the infertility boards, I guarantee you'll have been peeing on sticks pretty much constantly

If it worked, we wouldn't be on the infertility boards

I'd suggest this would be better in the conception boards

icy121 Sat 10-Sep-16 16:01:39

^^ I second bananafish this really isn't for the barren ghetto. Most women who are here are years into being barren, and I daresay some of them have even taken part in the study (I did, around 2 years ago) as a means of getting OPKs for free.

It's be more helpful if Clearblue could collate all the barren piss samples and then try to work out if there's a super infertility chemical we're all wazzing out tbh.

BiggerBoatNeeded Tue 13-Sep-16 09:57:55

Seriously?! This is both insensitive (like we haven't all thought about using a wee stick to get pregnant, nah we thought 'Fuck that - I'll go straight to the expensive and painful IVF please') but also pretty bad science given I'm not sure they'll get the best/most representative data from us barrens over here.

And yes, your inescapable YouTube adverts have reduced me to tears. Cheers Clear Blue.

ellesbellesxxx Tue 13-Sep-16 11:33:18

I think my days of using clearblue sticks are over - would this not be more appropriate on conception?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Sep-16 12:08:00

Apologies folks - I will remove it from the top of the infertility board now - it's at the top of the conception talk board already

best, Ann

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now