Talk

Advanced search

Do you experience bladder weakness after having your children? Sign up to test INNOVO™’s new pelvic stimulator. £300 Love2Shop voucher to be won for feedback.

(109 Posts)
RebeccaEMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 08-Mar-16 15:32:33

INNOVO™ are looking to recruit 10 Mumsnetters who experience stress incontinence to test and keep their new pelvic floor stimulator.

Stress incontinence is the term used when leaks accidently occur from coughing, sneezing, laughing, jumping or doing heavy lifting. These simple movements put pressure on the bladder and, should your pelvic floor muscles be unable to tighten enough, will cause a leak. Stress incontinence can also be called bladder weakness or urinary incontinence. Importantly, we are looking for testers who are suffering from a stress incontinence following pregnancy and child birth.

Here’s what INNOVO™ have to say about their product:

‘Innovotherapy is a non-invasive way to restore your pelvic floor, treating the primary cause of urinary leaks rather than just masking the symptoms. Using a hand held controller that is attached to a two part garment, Innovotherapy sends targeted impulses via conductive pads (attached to your upper thigh and buttocks) to safely and effectively activate the muscles of the pelvic floor. It is a proven technology which has been designed to optimally strengthen your pelvic floor with 180 perfect contractions per session, allowing the device to do your pelvic floor exercises for you.
Results from a research study prove that women who experience stress incontinence will experience significant improvements in as little as four weeks by using INNOVO™ five days a week for 30 minutes. After 12 weeks of treatment the participants were defined as being ‘dry’ or ‘almost dry’.* So it won’t take long to get your confidence back’

You can see more information about the product here: www.restorethefloor.com

The product is worth £249 and selected testers will be able to keep the product afterwards.

If selected, you’d need to be able to use the product for 30 minutes per day, 5 days a week, over a 12 week period, and we’d also require you to post feedback on a thread on Mumsnet, so please only apply if you are comfortable with this.

All testers who complete the feedback process will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £300 Love2Shop Voucher.

If you’re interested and would like to take part, please sign up here: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5CCTK6Y

We will be in touch with selected testers soon.

Thanks
MNHQ

* = Soeder S, Tunn R. (2012) - Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) of the Pelvic Floor Muscles using a Non-Invasive Surface Device in the Treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI); A Pilot Study. IUGA Poster Presentation Conference, Dublin, Ireland (2013).

MrFMercury Wed 09-Mar-16 00:26:13

I've hopefully signed up for a chance to try this out. It took me to the mumsnet front page at the end of the questions so fingers crossed it worked!

CharityAmes Wed 09-Mar-16 01:18:41

Really hope to be picked as this could be life changing for me. Fed up of not being able to do stuff with my children and of not being able to get up in the middle of the night in time blush

Junosmum Wed 09-Mar-16 08:00:12

I hope I get picked, this is currently eroding my confidence and I no longer want to go out with my son or husband. I feel dirty all the time and our sec life is non-existent. I just want to feel normal again

BathshebaDarkstone Wed 09-Mar-16 09:39:39

Done

BibbidiBobbidiBoo1 Wed 09-Mar-16 10:02:50

Done

whatdoIget Wed 09-Mar-16 12:51:11

I would love to try this. I really need to get my leaking sorted out blush

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-Mar-16 13:57:10

Sarahb8990

AnnMumsnet does that mean the ones that have already completed it have been changed to 'all of the above' aswel if they have requested it?

yes - we will have a review of the thread and amend some responses.

onelittleclara Wed 09-Mar-16 14:58:17

Completed. I would be so grateful for the chance to try this. Feel very let down by my body confused

Sarahb8990 Wed 09-Mar-16 16:50:25

Thanks for the reply Annmumsnet

NNalreadyinuse Wed 09-Mar-16 16:57:06

Signed up to this.

ThreenageMutantWhingerTurtle Wed 09-Mar-16 19:52:28

Signed up. Fingers (and legs) crossed!

G1raffe Wed 09-Mar-16 20:09:56

I've signed up - this would be lifechanging as every night I worry I whiff of wee sad

I've been to see a hospital consultant who tried to make out it was no big deal as my pelvic floor wasn't completely shot and I didn't have a prolapse. Its a big deal to me. I had a traumatic birth (I ended up in ICU) and the problems started then. Its such an embarrassing problem to have and since the birth I'd been scared of investigations in that area so it took 3 years to get courage to see Dr/Consultant only to be fobbed off!

velocitygir1 Wed 09-Mar-16 21:06:33

I need q8 changed to all of the above as well. I'm continuously leaking

FranksBobot Wed 09-Mar-16 22:25:29

If you could amend my answer for Q8 to all of the above it would be greatly appreciated flowers

Imflabulous Wed 09-Mar-16 22:40:01

Done, fingers ( and legs 😉) crossed I get picked!

OpiesOldLady Wed 09-Mar-16 22:47:51

I'd love to try this!

notapizzaeater Thu 10-Mar-16 00:27:54

I needed to tick all of the above.

PollyPerky Thu 10-Mar-16 07:47:57

Can I just add that 25 years ago I was referred for physio for a prolapse and they used something the same or similar to this. It was electrodes placed externally, on the pubic area and top of thighs. I only had around 6 sessions , one a week. I didn't see any difference but that doesn't mean this product won't work, because it has to be used more often. However, it's worth asking your GP or finding a womens physio to see if they can offer you the same.

pennwood Thu 10-Mar-16 09:05:59

This product sounds as if it would be great for ladies who have had to have a hysterectomy due to a prolapse which affects bladder control & need to do daily pelvic floor exercises.

SpidersFromMars Thu 10-Mar-16 10:21:07

I wish you could choose multiple, but not all, for Q8. I very rarely suffer when heavy lifting (I don't really do heavy lifting, I'm an office bod!) but definitely the other 3.

sjonlegs Thu 10-Mar-16 11:11:43

Oh my goodness YES PLEASE!

My first child was 10lb10 and nearly ripped me in two and my next two weren't much smaller at 9lb something and 8lb something!!

My bladder is a mess - especially after two prolapses and an emergency hysterectomy the day before my 40th! (Happy Birthday to me!)!

If I laugh - I leak
If I cough - I leak
If I sneeze - I leak
If I jump- I leak (I used to LOVE trampolining)
If I run - I leak
If I take the stairs too quickly - I leak

I think what I'm trying to say is - I'll try anything that might aid my weakness in the bladder area and weakness of spirit because of the same - thanks!

Cummiac Thu 10-Mar-16 13:45:41

I have never been pregnant or given birth but I have 3 adopted children as well as stress incontinence. I have put up with this for 5 years. Losing weight and doing pelvis floor exercises (as instructed by the hospital nurse) have not solved the problem. I dread getting a cold and I am paranoid I smell of wee! I would therefore love to trial this product.

girlwithagruffalotattoo Thu 10-Mar-16 16:42:08

Signed up. Another traumatic forceps birth with a 10lb 5oz baby here. Going through that and then finding you're incontinent aged 23 was not a wall in the park. 28 now and facing the probability of surgery in the future which I'm terrified of. If there was a way to fix me which didn't involve a general anaesthetic I'd be very interested!

neddle Thu 10-Mar-16 17:57:29

Could you change my answer for question to all but lifting please?

greathat Thu 10-Mar-16 18:29:09

I'm the same as spidersfrommars

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »