Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Outdoorsy-type with a child aged under 5? Want to try the Thule Cougar Multifunctional Child Carrier and review for MN? NOW CLOSED

(147 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Mar-16 14:47:09

We have been asked by the team at Thule to find 5 MNers with a baby / child aged from around 6 months to up to 5 years to try their Cougar combined Child Jogger, Stroller and Bike Trailer and to then share feedback and photos on on a thread on MN as well as adding a review on MN.

You can see the Cougar in action in the videos below

Here's what Thule has to say, "Our motto at Thule is 'Bring Your Life' and this is epitomised by the Chariot range, years ago new parents were expected to curtail or even abandon their active lifestyles outdoor lifestyles, the Chariot enables you to carry on but to bring your whole family with you, whether you’re into cycling, running, camping, or festivals, a Chariot can handle it, over all terrain, in all weathers. Packed with clever design touches, exceeding all U.K. safety standards and engineered to the level you'd expect from Thule, it’s you and your child’s ticket to the great outdoors".

We are looking for MN testers to undertake certain challenges/ testing experiences with the Thule Cougar to thoroughly put it through it's paces - testers will need to be willing to undertake the testing across the next month-6 weeks or so, so please only apply if you're around then and able to do the challenges.

On the application form you can indicate what sort of challenge you'd want to do or experience you could put the pushchair through: this could be training for a triathlon, bike rides with your LO in the countryside or city, hill walking and even day to day town/city shopping trips.

We want to see the Cougar in action so you will also be asked to add a number of photos to the thread - these don't need to show your face or your childs face but we're looking for action shots.

We'd need you to agree to add feedback at least three times to the thread - on your first impressions, giving feedback on the challenges and your overall views. We'd also want you to add a review on the MN pushchairs review page (here).

So long as you give feedback as required you will be able to keep the pushchair.

The SRP for the Cougar including bike kit is £699.99 for the double and £599.99 for the single.

The Jogging kit is £84.99 and the Strolling kit is £74.99.

Please note Thule may well use your photos on their website, on social media as well as possibly elsewhere.

If you'd like to take part please add your details here

We will be in touch with the selected testers asap

Thanks
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Mon 07-Mar-16 17:20:59

This looks an amazing opportunity! I hope I get picked!

One thing - I completed the survey on my phone and couldn't check more than one box for my children's ages. I put ds's age (2) and then wrote in the other child box, 'my other child, 4' to include dd (4). I hope this is clear enough.

Also, while I requested double, I would also be happy to just try the single too. Can you put me down as interested in either???

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Mar-16 17:25:48

RuddyHellItsSoftCell - thanks - amended now

TallulahBellatrix Mon 07-Mar-16 17:45:26

It does indeed look like a fantastic opportunity! I had the same problem with entering my DCs ages, i hope it was clear from the form that I have a 2 yr old DD as well as the baby!
I would also be more than happy to test either the double or single.
Thanks, fingers crossed!!

VeryPunny Mon 07-Mar-16 17:50:44

Ooh, fab! Have added my details. This would be perfect for us - we currently have a single chariot but want to upgrade to a double to fit both kids in!

VeryPunny Mon 07-Mar-16 17:54:48

Also, once i've added my details, it just takes me back to the MN product page - no confirmation or anything. Is that OK?

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Mon 07-Mar-16 18:06:37

What a fantastic product! I didn't even know they made multi purpose ones like this.
I've been looking for a bike carrier or trailer. I'm a keen cyclist and we have two dogs which need long walks in country paths etc so it'd be fantastic for all of our activities.

MummySparkle Mon 07-Mar-16 18:18:47

Oh my goodness, this would be utterly amazing for us! I have put down for a double, but would also be very happy to test the single

Teladi Mon 07-Mar-16 18:30:23

I am, as they say, well jel!! My DD is 4.5 and a bit on the tall and heavy side for this now really so I shan't apply. I so wish this post had been made when DD was a bit smaller. As a non-driver, so a full-time cyclist, walker and runner - I seriously considered getting something like this but was just worried about the investment, really wanted to try before I bought! envy envy

Clarella Mon 07-Mar-16 19:04:34

This is absolutely perfect for us! Very excited and very much hope I get picked!

RuddyHellItsSoftCell Mon 07-Mar-16 19:27:03

Right, I think that's enough of us now... Close the thread grin

HELENSCRESCENT Mon 07-Mar-16 19:36:11

Looks amazing, would be fantastic for us smile

Seeyounearertime Mon 07-Mar-16 20:05:56

Wow, Perfect.

Who do i have to bribe in order to be picked?
grin

PeppaPigStinks Mon 07-Mar-16 20:26:32

I have just entered! But could use it for both my children. I did not make that very clear in the survey response, sorry. I would be happy with the single.
fingers crossed

RaisinGirls Mon 07-Mar-16 20:31:05

Entered - really hope I get picked. Would love to put it through its paces in Snowdonia over Easter - how will it fare over muddy fields, damp sand and hills galore?!

TooMuchOfEverything Mon 07-Mar-16 20:41:57

My children are too old but I just came to snigger at the name. REALLY?! That was the best name the company could think of?
The Cougar? Grrrrr.

SachaF Mon 07-Mar-16 20:53:08

Teladi, you could still apply for this. I have (an older) one of these and was regularly using it when dd was 5 and have had a 7 year old in it (although they really were too big). We still have ours (kids aged 9 and 7) as it makes a good bike trailer and we are planning a cycle camping trip with most stuff packed in this trailer.
Good luck everyone, I love mine!

Teladi Mon 07-Mar-16 21:13:38

SachaF you have convinced me - sorry everyone, extra competition!!

FirstWeTakeManhattan Mon 07-Mar-16 21:14:00

Oh wow! Fingers crossed. I would LOVE to try this.

JustCallMeBaldrick Mon 07-Mar-16 21:18:53

I got carried away completing the form, and forgot to put that DH would live to trial it on bike rides. We have a huge network of cycle paths locally, but DD hates her bike seat!

3boysNeedABiggerKitchen Mon 07-Mar-16 23:03:56

I would love to take part, my DH is about to embark on his 6month stint if our shared parental leave and is keen to find a way to get out walking. & cycling to stay sane.
We do lots of beach activities, trail walking, camping, and cycling. This product looks amazing.

Ottosaurus Mon 07-Mar-16 23:30:11

Wow... this could be an amazing way to enhance our weekends, would love to trial so we can be even more adventurous

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Tue 08-Mar-16 07:01:18

Wow have signed up have a 15mth old n 5yr old would be amazing to have this.

WordGetsAround Tue 08-Mar-16 07:27:58

This is amazing! I've filled in the form for a single as if use it mainly for the 3 year old, but I absolutely love that my 5 year old could sit in it for 10 mins every now and then for a rest!
This is perfect timing for us as I've just started to get back into my walking / cycling after a break while I was a SAHM. I squeezed in a 6 mile off road walk when 3 year old was at preschool yesterday afternoon as his pushchair isn't comfortable enough (Maclaren) to be in it off road for any length of time! This would allow me to take him with me - he loves to walk the fun bits, but can't sustain a full circuit!
Please pick me!!

Elisheva Tue 08-Mar-16 07:42:04

Would love to see if it can cope with the any terrain of geocaching. Currently have to carry youngest in a back carrier which is a pain when she wants to get in and out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now