Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

UK MNer with a child aged 7-11? Sign up to attend a My Pet Pals workshop at your nearest Pets At Home - £300 voucher to be won for feedback NOW CLOSED

(20 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 21-Oct-15 15:05:09

Pets at Home is looking for Mumsnetters and their DCs to attend their My Pet Pals workshops across the country.

Here’s what Pets at Home say: “Pets at Home stores nationwide will be hosting its My Pet Pals Autumn Activity Club, a series of free interactive pet workshops which educate children aged 7-11 years on how to care for pets responsibly. Children will get the chance to get up close with the pets animals in store, including rabbits, guinea pigs, gerbils to reptiles and fish

The workshops will also cover the adventures of a gang of small furry animal characters who will illustrate how to look after pets, such as guinea pigs, rabbits, dogs and cats who may be affected by the colder months of the year.

After completing the workshops, each child will receive a free workbook, certificate and stickers, along with a pet promise card where they make a pledge to look after any pet they have according to the five welfare needs, covering habitat, health, wellbeing, diet and behaviour.”

For more information on My Pet Pals workshops, take a look at the video below:

My Pet Pals workshops are open to UK Mumsnetters with at least one child aged 7-11.

Attendees will be asked to attend a My Pet Pals workshop before 31st October. Attendees would then feedback about their experience on a feedback thread on Mumsnet. Everyone who adds their feedback will be entered into a prize draw to win a £300 Love2Shop voucher.

Please visit petsathome.com/workshops to find your nearest workshop.

If you are interested in attending a My Pet Pals workshop with your DC, please sign up here.

Thanks,
MNHQ

coffeeisnectar Wed 21-Oct-15 17:55:35

I've signed dd up to do this at half term, looks really good for her to learn about rabbits as she really wants one and we keep saying no as we have cats. Hopefully she will learn that they need lots of care and can't just be dumped in a hutch in the garden. Great idea to send the kids on these plus pets at home is a good place to while away an hour looking at the fish, animals and animal toys.

We have far too many cat toys.

DivaDroid Wed 21-Oct-15 23:50:52

That would be amazing for DS. Sadly the only Scottish one is in Glasgow in November. A bit crap since we've a Pets At Home store 6 miles away & 10 miles away sad

Cashncarry Thu 22-Oct-15 10:52:50

I've signed up for this over half term - looks like a great idea and I'm sure my gang will love it. However, I used the link above and didn't receive a confirmation email so I went to the website direct and asked them to re-send confirmation which didn't work either. I wonder if MNHQ could check to see if the booking worked and send an email to confirm? Thanks smile

Spirael Thu 22-Oct-15 12:53:18

Out of curiosity... On the website it says the workshops are aimed at 5-11 year olds. Is there a particular reason why 5 and 6 year olds can't participate in this?

florencebabyjo Thu 22-Oct-15 15:53:34

Signed up for my two already. This looks like a nice activity for half term and good to get them thinking responsibly about how to care for their pets.

MrsDeVere Fri 23-Oct-15 10:21:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mollyonthemove Sat 24-Oct-15 14:16:25

Well we did the rabbit workshop today which was perfectly good but didn't receive any books, stickers etc :-(

RingDownRingUp Sat 24-Oct-15 15:17:34

We've been to our workshop today. Do I write our feedback here or is there a special thread somewhere else? Sorry if I'm being dim. I've looked but can't see anything.

florencebabyjo Sun 25-Oct-15 08:12:21

We did our workshop yesterday. My Dds were so excited but I wasn't overly impressed as there were no sticker books or pet promise cards and though the workshop said it would last an hour it had finished after half an hour. My youngest loved the rabbit though and had to be prised off it!

RingDownRingUp Sun 25-Oct-15 10:56:17

Ours was a huge disappointment too. We'd done several before which had all been really good.

mollyonthemove Sun 25-Oct-15 11:21:02

We were the only ones there which maybe made it a bit different but the assistant was lovely and the rabbit competely gorgeous!

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:56:47

DivaDroid

That would be amazing for DS. Sadly the only Scottish one is in Glasgow in November. A bit crap since we've a Pets At Home store 6 miles away & 10 miles away sad

Pets at Home say "Hello, Could you send AngelieMumsnet the names of your local stores, and she will pass on the details so that we can look into why this might be the case. All our stores have a minimum of 5 half term workshops booked in. This may be because half term for Scotland happens a week earlier than those in England and Wales and all the workshops in your local store have now finished for half term. We do however have some fantastic Wild Bird workshops planned for November time across all stores from the 6-15 November as part of Wild Bird Awareness week. We have partnered up with the RSPB to create this material and it is all brand new. These workshops will be getting loaded from Wednesday this week so make sure you get your place booked up before they all go!"

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:57:50

coffeeisnectar

I've signed dd up to do this at half term, looks really good for her to learn about rabbits as she really wants one and we keep saying no as we have cats. Hopefully she will learn that they need lots of care and can't just be dumped in a hutch in the garden. Great idea to send the kids on these plus pets at home is a good place to while away an hour looking at the fish, animals and animal toys.

We have far too many cat toys.

Pets at Home have said:

"Hello,

Here at Pets at Home we see every day how much children love being around animals and the needs of pets always come first to us. It is great that you recognise how much education is needed before choosing the right pet for you and coming along to our workshops will certainly help your daughter learn more about how much love care and attention is needed to be given to look after a rabbit properly. It’s also great to hear how much you enjoy coming into store as well! Very lovely feedback!"

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Oct-15 13:59:17

We'll be opening up a feedback thread in the next day or so, and will be sending over a link once it's live smile

twitchypalm Mon 26-Oct-15 16:57:03

we went yesterday to the reptile one. we were the only ones there and there was no books or stickers at the end of our dcs either ill fill out full feedback when the other thread opens up.

Fantasyland Tue 27-Oct-15 16:34:35

Marking place to find feedback link

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Oct-15 17:29:49

Spirael

Out of curiosity... On the website it says the workshops are aimed at 5-11 year olds. Is there a particular reason why 5 and 6 year olds can't participate in this?

Pets at Home say "Hello, children of all ages are more than welcome to come join in the fun at the in-store workshops. We have a guide age on there because the material we create is for children at key stage two level in school. The age range is mainly so parents have guidance about what to expect."

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Oct-15 17:32:57

MrsDeVere

I have already signed up for one. Can I still be included?

We've now emailed the selected Mumsnetters, but you can still give your feedback if you would like to smile

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-Oct-15 17:34:33

The feedback thread is now live here smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: