Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Want to Go Gluten Free and enjoy a week-long menu courtesy of Genius with nutrition and fitness tips from Greg Rutherford? There’s also a chance to win a prize worth £200! NOW CLOSED

(38 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Oct-15 13:47:32

We have been asked by the team at Genius to find five MNers who would like to test their range of their products and recipes, and also receive tips on nutrition and exercise from Olympic athlete Greg Rutherford.

They are looking for folks who would consider themselves to be foodies; who enjoy cooking, being healthy and trying new things. Participants should have at least one child aged 3 years or older and ideally be the sort who tries to incorporate health and fitness into their weekly routine.

Selected testers will be sent:

~ a meal plan from Genius with a selection of breakfast, lunch and dinner options for the whole family to enjoy across seven days (w/c 19 October, please only apply if you're around that week and able to add feedback on MN/ try the meal plan then). You can see some of the possible recipes here
~ vouchers to cover the cost of the meals for the week (for the supermarket local to the tester) - max value £100
~ tips from Greg Rutherford on nutrition and exercise to complement meal plan

Although all recipe options will be gluten free, there's no need for participants to be coeliac of live a gluten light lifestyle to enjoy this challenge, it's for everyone!

In return, MNers will be asked to share feedback, ideally daily, about their meals and activity for the day, on a thread on MN - this will be live for 7 days w/c 19 October. We'd also love to see some photos on the thread of the food you create using the recipes.

As a thank you, all MNers who take part will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer who adds feedback as required will win a £200 voucher for Love2Shop.

If you'd like to take part, please add your details here www.surveymonkey.com/r/LWQSRNQ

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

Badders123 Mon 05-Oct-15 18:21:41

Done! smile

Misty9 Mon 05-Oct-15 19:22:02

Done smile

snowymum12 Mon 05-Oct-15 19:52:07

Fingers crossed :-)

ShowOfHands Mon 05-Oct-15 20:10:24

I'll do it if Greg will nip round to give the tips in person.

He's a beautiful man.

mollyonthemove Mon 05-Oct-15 20:23:24

Sounds like an excellent idea!

Wilhamenawonka Mon 05-Oct-15 20:47:18

Done

Hassled Mon 05-Oct-15 20:58:22

Why? Why are you doing this when there is no evidence that a gluten free lifestyle has any health benefit whatsoever unless you have Coeliac Disease or a gluten intolerance? What's the point? Obviously if people want to randomly give up gluten for no good reason that's entirely up to them, I suppose, but I'm struggling to understand why Genius hasn't approached say the Coeliac Society so that the people who are forced to pay double the standard price for a loaf of crap Gluten-free bread can benefit.

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Mon 05-Oct-15 22:16:32

Totally agree with Hassled, hate the conflation of gluten free with health (unless someone has coeliacs, of course).

Poledra Mon 05-Oct-15 22:28:35

Would love to take part, as DD is gluten-intolerant, but won't be around that week. sad

DD also struggles to understand why people will voluntarily give up delicious bread and cakes to eat gluten-free alternatives. She does like Genius, but I'm afraid it's more of a 'best of the bad lot' rather than 'I would choose this over a slice of white bloomer'.

PrimalLass Tue 06-Oct-15 00:17:53

Done.

Let's not turn this into another gluten free debate. If you don't like it then don't enter, and leave it to those of us who need/choose it.

BankWadger Tue 06-Oct-15 08:18:20

I've tried gluten free at the Dr's request. The only difference it made was I found some products I like, several I don't and a lot of gf products that are not suitable for someone on a dairyfee diet.

Anyway gf made no difference so I'll sit this one out.

RedLentil Tue 06-Oct-15 15:01:12

Trivialising coeliac disease ... Totally agree with Hassled

Badders123 Tue 06-Oct-15 15:16:21

Well I think most people that will apply are gluten intolerant (like me) or have coeliacs.
And Even if they aren't, it's a free world....isn't it?
I don't judge vegetarians who are veggie for health reasons (also no documented evidence it is more healthy) so why would I judge someone who goes gf for health reasons?
How odd.

BlackeyedSusan Tue 06-Oct-15 17:31:26

why do nearly all the breakfast recipes include eggs? dd is allergic to eggs. <sulks> (but I think it is an easier allergy to deal with than gluten. at least the egg free stuff is bloody cheaper. fil is coeliac and his stuff is v expensive. )

anyway, it does not seem that healthy if they are including processed meats such as bacon and sausages.

Aftershock15 Tue 06-Oct-15 19:03:44

I'm another one who thinks this rather odd tie in - gluten free with healthy lifestyle. Also is Greg Rutherford coeliac or have training in nutrition? Not sure what his link is with this.

I have a coeliac ds and he does like Genius products - but mainly things like the pain au chocolate and the bread if toasted. If we want healthy I just cook normal food. If you cook from scratch being gluten free isn't that tricky.

I expect the aim of this is to promot gf to the lifestyle gf people. Let's face it, it's the increase in them that have meant the range of products have increased so dramatically over the last 5 years. The more people who buy into the fad, the more products people like Genius will shift so maybe then prices will drop due to scale.

Robotgirl Tue 06-Oct-15 19:13:04

Yes please
Try to avoid wheat & gluten. Makes me sleepy & bloated & I LOVE a challenge smile

moopymoodle Tue 06-Oct-15 22:28:03

Done, hope we get picked sick of been bloated and feeling lethargic

M0rven Wed 07-Oct-15 06:20:22

I'd love to know where you can buy GF bread for only double the price of a standard loaf - can anyone tell me ?

AngelBlue12 Wed 07-Oct-15 07:10:35

Done. Have a 3yr old ceoliac and it would be nice to increase the variety that she eats smile

Misty9 Wed 07-Oct-15 09:42:00

Sainsbury does a decent gf loaf for £2, but it is significantly smaller than a normal loaf. I'm getting sick of gf bread and am trying to bake my own again.

Quichey Wed 07-Oct-15 11:42:54

Done, although now looking at the recipes there does seem to be rather a reliance on gluten free flours etc rather than meals that are naturally gluten free?!

SweetieXPie Wed 07-Oct-15 19:56:53

I have been diagnosed as Gluton intolerant and would love to try this, have signed up so fingers crossed.

NewBallsPlease00 Wed 07-Oct-15 20:57:38

Please pick me!!

sparkleup Wed 07-Oct-15 22:18:35

Another gluten intolerant here - would love to get some proper tailored nutritional advice specific to gluten free

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now