Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Miele Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy Powerline vacuum cleaner review thread.

(42 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

KathrynMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Jun-15 10:24:31

This is for the 10 testers who have been testing the Miele Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy Powerline vacuum cleaner.

Here’s what Miele say, “The Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy PowerLine has been designed to reduce the amount of dust and odours in the air, ideal for those who suffer from common pet and household allergies. This Complete C3 model features a HEPA 13 filter which retains up to 99.999% of dust and pollen from the air. This model boasts a range of features and controls that allow you to clean effectively with minimum effort. With a maximum power output of 1200W, you can replicate the performance of a 2000W model by utilising the clever AirTeQ floorhead, which has a 10% higher dust pickup than our standard floorhead. You can also make use of the Turbobrush and Hardfloor Twister brush supplied with the vacuum cleaner to achieve a deeper clean to reduce allergens in the home.”

Testers: We'll be asking you to add feedback twice - we'd like your first impressions now and we will add some more questions after you've had a little bit of time to test out your vacuum cleaner.

So, Miele would love to know:

1. How old are your children and what are the allergies that your children suffer from?

2. Do you, or any other adults in your household, suffer from any allergies? If so, what are these?

3. What are your initial impressions of the Miele Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy Powerline vacuum cleaner?

4. Please have a look inside the vacuum bag after the first use - are you surprised by how much has been picked up?

Please note: your anonymous comments may be used by Miele on their website and other marketing materials.

Thanks!

MNHQ

lottietiger Mon 29-Jun-15 12:21:36

1. How old are your children and what are the allergies that your children suffer from?
one son aged 2 and 5 months who suffers from eczema and asthma

2. Do you, or any other adults in your household, suffer from any allergies? If so, what are these?
I suffer from severe hayfever and grass pollen & dust allergies

3. What are your initial impressions of the Miele Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy Powerline vacuum cleaner?
Im really impressed so far. Its much lighter and far quieter than my existing vacuum cleaner. I normally have to get down on my hands and knees and "scrub" the carpet with my existing but with the turbo head fitted on the C3 it picked up the fluff straight away. I had to turn the suction right down on my bathroom floor as it was so strong, impressive for a lower watt power.

4. Please have a look inside the vacuum bag after the first use - are you surprised by how much has been picked up?
Yes, but that's because it actually picked up the bits and fluff instead of just moving them around like normal!

i look forward to trying out the parquet head later in the week.

mamato3luvleys Mon 29-Jun-15 13:45:38

Wish I'd been lucky enough to tryout this!

sharond101 Mon 29-Jun-15 13:57:00

I have a 3 year old with hay fever, dust and pet allergies which make him wheeze really badly. We have a pet Labrador who casts a lot, not a perfect combination. My Husband suffers terribly from hay fever too.

I think it is very effective at lifting every crumb and hair. Its excellent on hard floors where my other vacuum cleaner struggled and the different attachments make every corner reachable. I am finding it hard to get used to the cylinder design as I am used to an upright vacuum and I have found it quite heavy when on the carpet.

On looking in the bag, yuk!!!!

sharond101 Mon 29-Jun-15 13:59:50

The sign up thread said we would get a box of bags but we only got the one in the vacuum itself.

BuffaloCustardbath Mon 29-Jun-15 21:24:40

14 month old with hay fever and pet allergies.

DH with dust, pollen and pet allergies.

Very very quiet - great with a baby who is very fearful of the vacuum cleaner!
Quick and easy to put together on my own.
Very strong suction.
A little awkward to handle as I'm used to an upright vacuum cleaner and it feels strange and heavy/clumsy to be dragging to main unit around behind me - but the 'park' feature is genius!

Wow! I knew from the first use that it was much more effective than my previous vacuum cleaner but that's incredible!

I too only got one bag which was already in the vacuum cleaner and the gauge on the front of the air filter which tells you when it needs to be changed is broken off!!

SeahorseSid Mon 29-Jun-15 21:59:22

5 - dust mite allergy and asthma
3 - hay fever
1 - often wheezy but don't know what triggers it yet

I suffer from hayfever, husband asthmatic triggered by dust/ pet hair

Great. Much quieter than I would expect given the power, easy to manoeuvre, good selection of attachments. Not sure how I'm going to store it though - where to put the heads and the hose is all a bit flappy (I'm used to an upright)

Not especially - I don't usually poke around in the bags so I don't know how much I would normally expect. There was plenty in there though, after vacuuming 2 rugs and a hard floor

SeahorseSid Mon 29-Jun-15 22:00:27

I also only had the bag which was fitted

evelynj Tue 30-Jun-15 00:38:59

Great reviews ta!, (I'm still here & available to test if anyone falls out ;)

Interesting it's quiet as my youngest doesn't like vacuum cleaner noise either, (great excuse!)

Also, I feel that I don't pick up as much dirt as I should so watching with interest....

mrstiggy Tue 30-Jun-15 09:29:29

Hi, thanks for the opportunity to test this.
I have 3 children of 3, 7 and 9. The middle child has asthma and a dust mite allergy as well as possible hayfever. The youngest has asthma. My husband also has hayfever.
My first impressions were very good. It looks very well made, no flimsy plastic clips to be seen. I love the tool compartment, it keeps everything you need out of the way when you don't need it, but ready to hand once you do. The park function is also very good.
I was a little nervous about having a vacuum like this as I've only ever used uprights before, but I'm very happy with it. The hard floor head is extremely efficent at getting every last crumb up, and I actually find it easier to get under and around the furtiture. As I have a child with a dust allergy I have followed the normal advice to have hard floors where possible, so a vaccum that can clean those well is really important to me.
The Airteq head is also very good, it's very powerful and did a fantastic job of my carpeted areas.
I took a look inside once I'd finished vacuuming the house, it was a little embarrassing how much it had found!

Cockbollocks Tue 30-Jun-15 09:53:12

1.How old are your children and what are the allergies that your children suffer from?

DS is 9 and has Asthma, pollen (dust and hay fever), pet and various other allergies. DD is 6 and appears to have escaped and just has hayfever.

Both of us are susceptible to pollen, DP has dust related asthma mine is more hay fever related.

Its looks great, very compact and sturdy. I was really impressed by how light it is and how easy it literally glides across the floor - my Dyson (can I mention my current cleaner?) is very heavy and I often feel like i'm dragging it around. Everything about it seems very smooth and not at all clunky. The turbo head makes the floor look like its been cleaned, because it sucks up the carpet in lovely lines where I've been - I like a vacuum cleaner that does that!!!

Not necessarily surprised as my current cleaner picks up a lot of dust. It definitely picks up better on hard floors and edges. The turbo head is also fab because my daughter has incredibly long and thick hair which gets everywhere.

chickenfuckingpox Tue 30-Jun-15 18:37:14

gutted that we didnt get to try this my son is suffering so much at the moment he even has to have a repeat hearing test as he wheezed too loud in the last one so he couldn't hear the sounds they are not sure if he is deaf or its his wheeze

reading the reviews with interest

Halfling Tue 30-Jun-15 20:03:04

Marking place. Will be trying out our new Miele tomorrow and will be back with the review. Excited smile

Titsalinabumsquash Wed 01-Jul-15 10:42:04

1. My children are 10, 8, 2 and 11 weeks. They all have hay fever, with reactions to pollen, dust, grass, dander.
DS1 (10) has cystic fibrosis so everything sets his chest off coughing and wheezing.

2. I am allergy free but DP has in readily bad hay fever, pollen is the worst for him, were surrounded by rape fields this year so the house has been a real sneeze fest!

3. I'm impressed with the vacuum, it's light and easy to use and I love that the attachments live inside it so I can't lose them, it's lovely and quiet too,

4. There's a lot there, I'm not surprised our previous vaccume cleaner is very much on its last legs and it never did the corners of the rooms well.

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 01-Jul-15 13:00:02

Hi testers - just to clarify, the vacuum bags are being sent out in a separate delivery.

idleweiss Wed 01-Jul-15 22:53:25

My children are 1,2 and 5 years old and suffer from dust allergies, eczema and some pollens/grasses

My husband suffers from asthma and hayfever. I have a dust allergy, hayfever and reaction to cat fur!

I am very impressed, it is so powerful! It makes my current leading brand 'anti allergy' Vacuum look rubbish in comparison. It is also very sleek and light in design, and I love all the different settings and features. The extra long lead makes it so much easier for me to go from room to room without having to keep unplugging, and the compartment for the attachments is great.

Yes I am very surprised as I only vacuumed on Sunday evening and there is so much dust, hair and bits in there already! Yuk!

SweetPeaPods Thu 02-Jul-15 21:31:13

Gutted I wasn't picked but reading the reviews with interest. May need to invest in one as poor ds2 is really struggling.

Bubbles85 Sun 05-Jul-15 22:23:41

My daughter is 18 months old. She has eczema that is made worse by an allergy to dust and dairy products.

I don't, but my husband has asthma and hay fever.

I really like the vacuum cleaner. It looks smart and doesn't take up too much room. I love that the tools are neatly locked away inside the machine casing and that I have a choice of floor head for different situations. On first use it was easy to use and quiet (unless using the turbo floor head - not to be used in any part of the house if your child is taking a nap!).

Yes I was surprised and a little ashamed as I didn't think there was that much dirt on the floor! Looks like the vacuum cleaner is doing a good job of cleaning my home so far.

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Jul-15 17:15:04

Thanks for all your comments so far! Now that you’ve tested the vacuum cleaner for a little while, we have another set of questions for you to answer:

- Since you’ve started using your Miele vacuum cleaner, do you find that you need to vacuum less?
- Have you noticed any changes in your children’s allergies since you started using the Miele vacuum cleaner?
- How have you found the Miele vacuum cleaner overall?
- Is there anything in particular about the Miele vacuum cleaner which impressed you?
- Would you recommend the Miele vacuum cleaner to other allergy sufferers? If so, why? If not, why not?
- Would you recommend it to your friends/family? If so, why? If not, why not?

Please also add any other comments you have smile

sharond101 Thu 09-Jul-15 09:51:52

- Since you’ve started using your Miele vacuum cleaner, do you find that you need to vacuum less? no but I have a very hairy labrador and crumb creating toddler.
- Have you noticed any changes in your children’s allergies since you started using the Miele vacuum cleaner? My little boy is sneezing less and wheezing less too. My Husbands skin isn't so itchy :-)
- How have you found the Miele vacuum cleaner overall? I don't like the cylinder vacuum push mechanism and found it heavy to push on carpet. I also disliked having to change the heads depending on the floor type. It seems old fashioned using hoover bags too. The performance however is excellent and I particularly found it good on hard floor with the twister head which got into every corner and the different nozzle attachments.
- Is there anything in particular about the Miele vacuum cleaner which impressed you? The twister head as above.
- Would you recommend the Miele vacuum cleaner to other allergy sufferers? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes if they want a cylinder vacuum.
- Would you recommend it to your friends/family? If so, why? If not, why not? No it's too heavy and the cylinder design puts me off. If they made an upright version I'd recommend to everyone.

Buttwing Thu 09-Jul-15 11:16:31

Van

Halfling Thu 09-Jul-15 12:12:19

Took while to test my Miele because we are in the middle of a house move. I must say I am very impressed with it.

I have two children - six year old and one year old. Both my sons suffer from terrible hay fever and animal hair allergy. My younger son also has a respiratory condition which has lead to frequent bouts of pneumonia and hospitalisations.

I have suffered from hay fever for nearly my whole life.

I am very impressed with it. I also own a Miele Eco line vacuum cleaner which has been a joy to use and is brilliant on carpets. The new Miele Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy Powerline vacuum cleaner is as effective as my other vacuum cleaner and feels lighter in weight. It is easy to use and manoeuvre and very effective at cleaning the carpets. Most importantly, it doesn't make me sneeze while cleaning.

I am quite surprised at the quantity. To be honest, I have never really tried to gauge how much my other vacuum cleaner picked up after each use, so I am unable to compare. We are in the middle of a house move as well, so the vacuum cleaner has had to work very hard. Amazing cleaning power!

SeahorseSid Thu 09-Jul-15 19:36:59

- Since you’ve started using your Miele vacuum cleaner, do you find that you need to vacuum less?
Not really, as the amount of vacuuming is determined by mess made by the children, or done weekly in other places

- Have you noticed any changes in your children’s allergies since you started using the Miele vacuum cleaner?
I do think one child is coughing less since I gave his bedroom a thorough clean with it

I like it, it's powerful and easy to use. My only gripe is that it's difficult to store neatly. The hose is flappy and should be tethered in some way, and you have to find somewhere to keep the other brush heads

- Is there anything in particular about the Miele vacuum cleaner which impressed you?
I liked the way the turbo brush lifted the rug pile. The twister head was really light and manoeuvrable on hard floors.

- Would you recommend the Miele vacuum cleaner to other allergy sufferers? If so, why? If not, why not?
Yes, I do think it gave a thorough clean and right to the edges

- Would you recommend it to your friends/family? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes, it's easy to use and great for general use as well as allergies

idleweiss Thu 09-Jul-15 23:20:24

Since you’ve started using your Miele vacuum cleaner, do you find that you need to vacuum less?

No, I still have to vacuum frequently with three little ones creating a never ending stream of crumbs and various other debris!

Have you noticed any changes in your children’s allergies since you started using the Miele vacuum cleaner?

I have noticed there has been less sneezing, runny noses & itchiness all round..but I have been vacuuming a lot lately too.

How have you found the Miele vacuum cleaner overall?

Fantastic, it is powerful and easy to use.

Is there anything in particular about the Miele vacuum cleaner which impressed you?

The power of the suction, especially when on the max setting, and what it can pick up in a short space of time!

Would you recommend the Miele vacuum cleaner to other allergy sufferers? If so, why? If not, why not?

Yes, if it was within budget as it seems really effective at getting ingrained dust and hair out of carpets, upholstery, etc.

Would you recommend it to your friends/family? If so, why? If not, why not?

Yes I would, as above, if they have the money to spend on a good vacuum and like/prefer those with vacuum bags (not everyone's cup of tea, even I was apprehensive at first!). It is simple in design yet very efficient.

lottietiger Fri 10-Jul-15 13:57:56

Since you’ve started using your Miele vacuum cleaner, do you find that you need to vacuum less?
Not in the downstairs rooms where there is a lot of child/pet/husband footfall but yes in the bedrooms and landing.
Yes I have definitely noticed a big difference when coming indoors, whereas we would still all be sneezing and wheezing when coming in from outside.
Excellent, really good piece of kit.
Probably the quietness of it our last vacuum, another premium brand, was really noisy. This is much lighter too.
yes definitely, it picks up loads more dust and fluff which can only be good for allergies.
- Would you recommend it to your friends/family? If so, why? If not, why not?
Yes most definitely. For all the above reasons plus the variable speeds are great for all sorts of surfaces, great if you are a cleaning fanatic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now