Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Mumsnetters needed to try out the Miele Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy Powerline vacuum cleaner - worth £300! *NOW CLOSED*

(59 Posts)
KathrynMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 15-Jun-15 11:42:22

Miele are looking for 10 Mumsnetters to test out their Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy Powerline vacuum cleaner.

Here’s what Miele say, “The Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy PowerLine has been designed to reduce the amount of dust and odours in the air, ideal for those who suffer from common pet and household allergies. This Complete C3 model features a HEPA 13 filter which retains up to 99.999% of dust and pollen from the air. This model boasts a range of features and controls that allow you to clean effectively with minimum effort. With a maximum power output of 1200W, you can replicate the performance of a 2000W model by utilising the clever AirTeQ floorhead, which has a 10% higher dust pickup than our standard floorhead. You can also make use of the Turbobrush and Hardfloor Twister brush supplied with the vacuum cleaner to achieve a deeper clean to reduce allergens in the home.”

This product test is open to UK Mumsnetters who have at least one child in their household with dust pollen or other airborne particle allergies.

Those selected will be sent a Miele Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy Powerline Vacuum Cleaner (RRP £300) and a box of vacuum bags.

If selected, you will be sent the Miele Complete C3 Total Solution Allergy Powerline towards the end of June and asked to try it for two weeks. You will then need to test the vacuum and add two sets of feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. You would also be asked to film some video feedback.

At the end of the testing period, we'd also like you to post a review on the Mumsnet review pages. In order to keep the product, you would need to add your feedback by 17th July, so please only apply if you are able to do this.

If you’re interested in taking part please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

OhNoNotMyBaby Mon 15-Jun-15 12:22:21

I'm in. Between the dog and the dirt and pollen I would love my house to be cleaner! And I've yet to find a hoover that picks up as much muck as I believe it should.

QuintShhhhhh Mon 15-Jun-15 12:25:02

Shame they only need kids with allergies, so I cant apply! I am the one with dust allergies, pollen allergies, and asthma. We cant have pets because of me. Would love to try out that vacuum cleaner. sad

5madthings Mon 15-Jun-15 12:34:01

Done, ds1 has mild hayfever, dust allergies. I am the one with horrendous dust, pollen allergies and eczema, asthma and hayfever I have put that in the bit where they ask why you want to test the hoover.

5madthings Mon 15-Jun-15 12:35:50

We can't have pets because of my allergies either quint it socks for the kids especially as ds2 really benefits from being around animals, dogs especially he has aspergers and for some reason dogs seem to calm him and help him relax but we could never have one.

Athousandtrees Mon 15-Jun-15 12:38:10

Ooh this sounds fantastic, I have been using henry's for years now, Id love to be converted to a new type!

SophieHatters Mon 15-Jun-15 13:00:22

I know I shouldn't wish for an allergic child. Does that make me a bad person? grin

I already have a Miele vacuum though and it is lovely.

zombiemeow Mon 15-Jun-15 13:12:23

Does it have to be confirmed allergies?

Ds has suspected allergies but the gp said they can't confirm until he's older. Would love anything that stops his wheeze confused

siiiiiiiiigh Mon 15-Jun-15 13:29:40

Drooling.

Would love a chance to trial this vacuum.

I am kind of embarrassed that I have come to this - I used to be fun - but, I spend hours of my life hunting fecking dust mites and this looks like a marvellous bit of kit.

DS has brittle asthma which keeps putting him in hospital, about every 6 weeks just now. He's doing ok, but, zapping allergens is a big, and tedious, part of my life.

The kids would love furry pets, particularly a dog. We have a stupid budgie in the house, I steam clean it's cage which seems to keep the worst of the dust down. The rest of the pets are reptiles. Which, I'd recommend!

Will be following the thread for top tips about how to deal with allergens even if I don't get to trial a vacuum.

Fingers crossed.

meandmymuffintop Mon 15-Jun-15 13:31:16

ooh I'm in, I've got a vacuum cleaner that wasn't cheap and I've only had it 18 months and it is utter pants sad

If you roll over anything larger than a pea the roller thing locks and you have to take it off to check it. And now the little latch that holds the crap dust in the reservoir won't latch so you have to put parcel tape on to keep it closed.

It's not even as if it gets heavy use <lazy>

I may have been making a nuisance of myself around the Miele vacuums in our local Curry's recently.....

quietbatperson Mon 15-Jun-15 13:42:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sarahsnail Mon 15-Jun-15 13:43:43

Be happy to review this for you smile

paddlenorapaddle Mon 15-Jun-15 14:06:28

im in

BBQsAreSooooOverrated Mon 15-Jun-15 14:33:37

My dyson seems to produce a ridiculous amount of dust so I'd be interested to see whether this vacuum cleaner is better.

IKnowRight Mon 15-Jun-15 16:22:21

I'm in deffo. I'm on my second Dyson, the first one was brilliant but this one's crap. Heard good things about Miele so more than willing to give it a go smile

JulesJules Mon 15-Jun-15 16:51:49

Oh I filled in the form without reading the op properly, don't think we have enough allergies! Sorry if I've wasted anyone's timeblush blush thanks thanks

grenedeer Mon 15-Jun-15 17:13:10

Would love to test this! We recently found out dd is allergic to dust mites and were advised to wash or freeze all her cuddly toys for a few hours. It's taking a looong time to freeze them all.

annieno1 Mon 15-Jun-15 19:39:26

Need this in my house sounds really interesting

TheRollingCrone Mon 15-Jun-15 20:11:32

Oh I have the dustiest house in the world cos I,m a slattern because I live close to the busiest bus route in Europe!. I would love to test this vacumn.

lighteningmcmama Mon 15-Jun-15 21:56:19

Would love to test,dd is severely allergic to dust mites. Have filled in the form

Widowcyril Tue 16-Jun-15 13:12:14

This could be perfect for us. As a family of four; two children with eczema, husband with asthma, one furry labradoodle and my extra tickly nose this could be just what we've been looking for. We've already spent quite a lot of money on major bagless vacuums and one quite recently that just doesn't do it, so it would be great to find a solution or at least something to minimise the issue.

Momagain1 Tue 16-Jun-15 13:43:50

Oh, I need this, 2 fluffy cats means a lot of vaccuming, and we have worn out a Dyson refurb in 2 years.

MrsMarigold Tue 16-Jun-15 14:33:51

Yes please, our Vacuum cleaner gave up the ghost a Miele Cat and Dog C3 accidentally ordered a normal Miele C2 Powerline but this looks better

MrsMarigold Tue 16-Jun-15 14:38:03

Yes please, our Vacuum cleaner gave up the ghost a Miele Cat and Dog C3 accidentally ordered a normal Miele C2 Powerline but this looks better

May09Bump Tue 16-Jun-15 16:34:09

My son has severe rhinitis and I would love try something new to the market to help manage allergens in our home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now