Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email

About to start weaning with your LO? Sign up to try Cow & Gate Friends Savoury Pouches - chance to win a £250 Mothercare voucher for feedback. NOW CLOSED

(32 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-14 10:05:32

Cow & Gate are looking for 250 Mumsnetters and their LOs to test out Cow & Gate Friends Savoury Pouches.

Here’s what Cow & Gate say: “Our brand new and unique range of nutritious savoury poucheshave been specially developed to help LO learn to love veggies for life. With Cow&Gate Friends, we would like to highlight the important role veggies play in weaning diet. Using only the highest quality ingredients, all the products are steam cooked to ensure the real veggie taste, texture, and aroma. Cow&Gate Friends Savoury Pouches don’t hide veggie flavours with fruits or other sweet tastes. Each Cow&Gate Friends pouch provides recognisable veggie taste – to help your little one accept and learn to love veggies, for life!”

This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters with at least one child aged 6 months+.

All those selected will receive 4 Cow&Gate Savoury Pouches with 4 different hero veggie taste (Carrot beef potato, Broccoli chicken potato, Peas sweetcorn potato, Cauliflower cheese potato. 100g for each).

Testers will be required to test out Cow & Gate Friends Savoury Pouches during 12th Jan to 31st Jan 2015, and leave feedback on a feedback thread on Mumsnet, so please only sign up if you’re available during this time.

All Mumsnetters who post their feedback on the thread will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £250 Mothercare voucher.

If you’re interested, please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,

Spirael Tue 23-Dec-14 19:29:18

MNHQ, would it be possible just to receive/test the vegetarian options?

Trooperslane Tue 23-Dec-14 20:26:26

Shouldn't it be DC?

(Sorry, cheeky, couldn't resist ;)

AvaCrowder Wed 24-Dec-14 03:00:14

Would it be possible to receive them if your dc were older? Just to put them in the bin? The thread title pissed me off. I don't expect to win the prize.

AvaCrowder Wed 24-Dec-14 03:03:08

I'm not a UK mumsnetter either. But LO? Shame on you mumsnet.

MrsJamin Wed 24-Dec-14 06:09:52

Handy hint : just give them real food instead!

Cherriesandapples Wed 24-Dec-14 12:29:55

What pouches? Like cat food????

Shallishanti Wed 24-Dec-14 23:16:31

alternatively, buy some real food, cook it, and mash it up

Smartleatherbag Fri 26-Dec-14 14:02:13

Is the packaging going to say 'from around 6 mths' now instead of 'from 4 mths' to bring it in line with the WHO and the department of health??!?

Pouches makes me think of cat food fwiw. Why anyone would want to give their kids that slop is beyond me.

ChazzerChaser Fri 26-Dec-14 20:29:19

I'm struggling to think of a better way to give real veggie taste, texture and aroma. Hmmm... Just a nagging feeling there's a much more simple way... Nope it's gone.

cupofteaplease Sat 27-Dec-14 16:18:25

Some of these posts are rather judgemental...

BatonRouge Sat 27-Dec-14 20:00:10

I signed up for email updates from this company with PFB - what a load of patronising tripe they bombarded me with. The theme continues.......

BatonRouge Sat 27-Dec-14 20:12:28

Theres an idea, tripe pouches.....mmmmmmm

snowymum12 Sun 28-Dec-14 19:19:40

I've signed up. I generally cook and mash up but sometimes need something quick to keep in my bag if we're out and about. I sometimes even eat ready prepared food myself so don't think it's as controversial as it seems from this thread.

ohdearitshappeningtome Sun 28-Dec-14 21:48:18

Making home made stuff isn't always convenient or easy for some folk!

Why don't you take your pearl clutching! Hoiky judgey knickers out ur bum and don't judge!

If people want to use pouches then that's up to them.

BatonRouge Mon 29-Dec-14 16:27:22

The patronising nature of C&G's marketing leaves an unpleasant taste in my mouth grin

Wotsitsareafterme Tue 06-Jan-15 19:19:25

Well I boycott C&G so that rules me out grin
Nearly choked laughing at tripe pouches though.

eurochick Wed 07-Jan-15 12:26:58

I'm with the majority. I am about to start weaning my baby but will be using fresh food. I don't eat ready made or processed food myself so I don't expect my baby to.

TheOriginalWinkly Wed 07-Jan-15 14:42:52

Just wondering if they've found any 250 MNers for this?

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Wed 07-Jan-15 19:37:52

Lol at Chazzer's post!

Presumably the parents / carers are eating 3 meals a day? Why not just chuck baby some of whatever you're eating? My first was weaned on Costa paninis and pub roast dinners, or pasta and sauce or sarnies or baked pots or whatever I eat at home! Doesn't need to be fancy, if it's good enough for you it's good enough for your previous 'LO'.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Wed 07-Jan-15 20:09:10

* precious 'LO'

Wotsitsareafterme Wed 07-Jan-15 20:39:50

I wonder if this post is on nethuns....

MimsyBorogroves Sat 10-Jan-15 22:00:27

Sorry, but 'pouches' makes me think cat food too.

not the target audience for this one

MrsmummyWright Fri 16-Jan-15 22:15:22

I signed up for this and have just received four pouches in the post bit received nothing else no email saying I had been chosen or to expect them can musket please give me some details thank you x

littlevamp86 Thu 22-Jan-15 16:46:18

hi were do we start the feedback thread for the testing please?
many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now