Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

UK Mumsnetters needed to test Mobile by Sainsbury’s and the Huawei Ascend Y330 NOW CLOSED

(90 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Nov-14 17:16:05

The Sainsbury’s mobile network, Mobile by Sainsbury’s, are looking for 30 Mumsnetters to test out their best value smartphone – the Huawei Ascend Y330 - and provide feedback on the handset and their experience of the network.

Here’s what Mobile by Sainsbury’s have to say: “Sainsbury's has teamed up with Vodafone to create Mobile by Sainsbury’s, a great value but high quality mobile network offering coverage to 99% of the UK population.”

“Mobile by Sainsbury’s also offer a range of competitively priced Pay as you go bundles of calls, texts and data that last 30 days. Charges if you exceed your bundle allowance, or choose not to buy a bundle, are just 8p per minute and 4p per text.”

“Mobile by Sainsbury’s is also the only network that allows you to collect Nectar points. Customers linking their Nectar cards will collect double points on top ups, whilst those buying a bundle will also collect twice as many Nectar points on Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel. Great for customers who want to control their monthly spend and avoid any surprising bills.”

About the Huawei Ascend Y330
“Perhaps the best thing about this affordable and stylish Android smartphone from Huawei (the third biggest global smartphone provider) is that you can choose between two types of screen layout: Standard or Simple. If you’re looking for a present for a first-time smartphone user, or searching for something that your child or technophobic parent would be confident with, then the simple “interface” with its giant icons and easy-to-navigate design is an excellent option. At under £35 the Huawei Ascend Y330 is among the most competitively-priced smartphones out there, and you really do get a lot for your money. It features a bright 4inch screen, a 3Mp camera and a 1500 mAh battery. This means you’ll have a great screen for social networking, watching videos and making calls, you’ll be able to take some excellent photos and videos and you won’t be reaching for your charger every couple of hours. It’s a pretty powerful device, with a 1.3 Ghz dual core processor and downloads at up to 21 Mbps, so you’ll have no trouble catching up on your favourite TV programs or playing your favourite games. Being a budget smartphone doesn’t mean compromising on style in this instance either, as the Huawei Ascend Y330 boasts a sleek, attractive design, and is available in a range of striking colours including coral pink, pastel blue and vibrant purple.”

This is open to all UK MNers with at least one child at home. One of the main benefits of the service is the amount of Nectar points you can earn, so you will need to have a Nectar card, or be willing to sign up for one if you're selected to take part.

Testers will be provided with the Huawei Ascend Y330 smartphone, which you can keep after testing and providing feedback. You will also be provided with a Mobile by Sainsbury’s SIM card and a £15 bundle of calls, texts and data to get you started. You will need to test the phone and service during 24th November to 7th December, so please only apply if you are able to do this.

All selected testers who add their feedback to a thread on MN will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £200 Sainsbury’s gift card.

If you’re interested in taking part, please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

titchypumpkin Mon 10-Nov-14 17:38:21

Done!! grin

mjmooseface Mon 10-Nov-14 19:12:53

Ooh I love the idea of more nectar points!! ;)

babbo82 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:53:59

All nectar points add up to a nice bonus money off shopping or a annual merlin pass for days out.

wannabestressfree Mon 10-Nov-14 22:00:41

Done smile

fab84 Tue 11-Nov-14 00:03:17

done

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Tue 11-Nov-14 00:25:59

Done grin

DollyTwat Tue 11-Nov-14 00:31:55

Done

TheHoundsBitch Tue 11-Nov-14 00:37:20

Omg this would be great! My phone has just shat its pants completely and I still have ages left on my stupid contract angry

Abernathie Tue 11-Nov-14 01:55:13

Donegrin

Ledkr Tue 11-Nov-14 06:02:26

Done here too.

snowymum12 Tue 11-Nov-14 06:22:16

Done! My contract has a month or so left to run so am seriously considering moving to PAYG. I didn't even realise Sainsbury's offered mobile phones but have always been really happy with their service in the supermarket so would hope for the same with their mobile phones.

Snafu33 Tue 11-Nov-14 06:39:43

Done

WildEyedAndCrafty Tue 11-Nov-14 06:45:28

Done smile

PinkAndBlueBedtimeScares Tue 11-Nov-14 07:01:50

How exciting! Done

cheerupandhaveaglassofwine Tue 11-Nov-14 08:34:16

Done

sfancy Tue 11-Nov-14 10:01:09

I'm excited! Completed the survey!

bshree08 Tue 11-Nov-14 11:03:41

done Please count me in!!!! wink

WiggleGinger Tue 11-Nov-14 11:50:03

Done!!!
My soon to expire contract costs a fortune! I'm keen to save money & the pay as you go sounds great!!!

Floralnomad Tue 11-Nov-14 12:02:40

Fingers crossed ,my dd would love this .

MindReader Tue 11-Nov-14 12:04:06

DONE.

Don't have a Smartphone so would love to see what they can do (technophobe).

Ds will want one for High School soon and would like to test this low budget yet cool option for him too.

Linking in to Nectar points is a great idea!
I like Sainsbury's as a shop so I hope I'll get a chance to see if I like the phone <shameless sucking up!>

Fillybuster Tue 11-Nov-14 14:09:00

Done smile

fromagefamily Tue 11-Nov-14 14:28:46

Done!

twinky Tue 11-Nov-14 14:39:52

Done

ThatDamnedBitch Tue 11-Nov-14 16:50:10

Done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now