Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

Barclays cashless day feedback thread - £150 voucher prize draw! NOW CLOSED

(11 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Nov-14 10:29:32

This is the feedback thread for the 10 Mumsnetters who tried Barclays’ cashless products and filmed themselves using them.

Here’s what Barclays say, “We've designed our cashless products to make our customer’s lives easier and this is a great opportunity to put this to the test & receive your feedback on what works and what we can improve upon - so that you can help us do this even better in the future.”

Testers, please answer the feedback questions below but feel free to leave any other comments you may have below as well.

Q1. What was your overall impression of Barclays cashless products (Barclays Pingit app, Barclays Mobile Banking app and the contactless debit card)?

Q2. How did you use the Barclays cashless products whilst you were out and about on your ‘cashless day’?

Q3. Do you think it made making transactions easier for you, or not? If so, why? If not, why not?

Q4. Do you think you’ll continue using Barclays cashless products in the future? If so, why? If not, why not?

Q5. Would you recommend using Barclays cashless products to friends and/or family who also bank with Barclays?

Everyone who leaves their feedback on this thread (and also sends in their video footage to us!) will be sent a £30 Love2Shop voucher and also be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 Love2Shop voucher.

Thanks
MNHQ

Click here to see the full terms and conditions.

PoppetPants Thu 06-Nov-14 21:29:25

Q1. What was your overall impression of Barclays cashless products (Barclays Pingit app, Barclays Mobile Banking app and the contactless debit card)? Love them, anything that makes banking quicker and easier is great as far as I'm concerned. Only irritation with the contactless card is that most places don't seem to offer contactless payments

Q2. How did you use the Barclays cashless products whilst you were out and about on your ‘cashless day’? I used my mobile banking app a lot, making sure I was in control of my finances instead of getting over excited in the shops and then overdrawn. Used pingit to pay my husband and the contactless card in the post office, all so quick and easy

Q3. Do you think it made making transactions easier for you, or not? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes, apart from places not offering contactless payments

Q4. Do you think you’ll continue using Barclays cashless products in the future? If so, why? If not, why not? Absolutely!

Q5. Would you recommend using Barclays cashless products to friends and/or family who also bank with Barclays? Definitely

PinkSnowAndStars Fri 07-Nov-14 02:43:57

Q1. What was your overall impression of Barclays cashless products (Barclays Pingit app, Barclays Mobile Banking app and the contactless debit card)?

Loved them! the contactless debit card made life so much easier when paying in shops, especially when trying to juggle shopping and a toddler! The mobile banking app made life easier to pay bills and transfer money between accounts. and with Barclays Pingit I could instantly send money to someone without needing their bank details! What isn't there to love?!

Q2. How did you use the Barclays cashless products whilst you were out and about on your ‘cashless day’?
I used the contactless card to buy lunch, to buy a coffee and also to buy some shopping. There was a few other places I shopped that didn't accept contactless payment which is a shame, but I'm hoping that other retailers will catch up soon as it does make life alot easier! I also used the app to check how much money was in my account, and to move some over from my savings account.

Q3. Do you think it made making transactions easier for you, or not? If so, why? If not, why not?
Yes it did, just a flick of the card and the products were paid for, it was quicker that having to put the pin number in. it also made life slightly easier as I could continue to watch my toddler rather than stare at the pin pad wondering if I had put the right pin in!

Q4. Do you think you’ll continue using Barclays cashless products in the future? If so, why? If not, why not?
Yes 100%. I loved the ease of the products, and felt safe and in charge of my own money at all times. The Barclays Mobile Banking App was brilliant, very easy to use and to check in regularly when out and about christmas shopping.

Q5. Would you recommend using Barclays cashless products to friends and/or family who also bank with Barclays?

Yes I will. I've been transformed from being a bit scared of the unknown, so I will definitely recommend it to others in case they too were too scared to take the leap!

telsa Fri 07-Nov-14 08:51:20

Can anyone leave feedback here...on cashless products like? if so, I would say that I am aware that Barclays are putting a lot of store by this. I wouldn't mind a little bracelet thing or key ring fob for this. Something that allowed for tube and bus payments and low cost payments. I worry I'd forget it somewhere, and what with my fitbug and the rest, an turning into a robot who fears water. I have been using a cashless facility on another bank's card. It is OK. But it is not that different from keying in a PIN. Still it seems like magic to me when it works.

GritStrength Sat 08-Nov-14 20:11:21

Tesla the bracelet already exists from Barclays - go to bpayband.co.uk to get one for free

Trumpton Sun 09-Nov-14 04:50:08

That payband looks amazing. I have ordered one as I am off to London for a week next month and it will be great to use on The tube and busses. No fumbling for the Oyster card.

KateOxford Sun 09-Nov-14 18:07:04

This is the feedback thread for the 10 Mumsnetters who tried Barclays’ cashless products and filmed themselves using them.

Here’s what Barclays say, “We've designed our cashless products to make our customer’s lives easier and this is a great opportunity to put this to the test & receive your feedback on what works and what we can improve upon - so that you can help us do this even better in the future.”

Testers, please answer the feedback questions below but feel free to leave any other comments you may have below as well.

Q1. What was your overall impression of Barclays cashless products (Barclays Pingit app, Barclays Mobile Banking app and the contactless debit card)? All very simple and straight forward to use for someone who is new to the bank and not very technology savvy. I am so impressed by the time they save and the convenience. The App is my most used product, to check whether cheques have clears, whether I've been paid and to make bill payments.

Q2. How did you use the Barclays cashless products whilst you were out and about on your ‘cashless day’? Paying by contactless card for shopping, checking my balance and making a payment through The App and Pingit. All so easy to use, I had full confidence in using these products.

Q3. Do you think it made making transactions easier for you, or not? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes, most definitely. Anything that saves time is good for me. Paying contactless was much quicker.

Q4. Do you think you’ll continue using Barclays cashless products in the future? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes, definitely. All 3 products make life easier to do things on the go, saving precious time at home.

Q5. Would you recommend using Barclays cashless products to friends and/or family who also bank with Barclays? Yes, absolutely. We are new to Barclays so I will now show my husband the products.

Allisgood1 Mon 10-Nov-14 21:59:32

Loved them all. So so convenient and easy to use.

I used contactless pay to pay for our coffee whilst out. Unfortunately no where else accepted this which was a bit disappointing. I used the app to keep an eye on my balance and prevent myself from over spending.

Absolutely. Was so fast and didn't need to worry about using my pin. Especially with young children.

Absolutely. I used contacless at a restaurant the other day!

Q5. Would you recommend using Barclays cashless products to friends and/or family who also bank with barclays?
Absolutely yes.

FrontForward Wed 12-Nov-14 12:41:56

Bpayband looks brilliant however having had my barclaycard used fraudulently twice this year I'm a little anxious about the ability to prove 'it wasn't me'

All the fraudulent transactions were easily identified because they had not used PIN. How can you prove it was/wasn't you if you've bought something with this?

MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Nov-14 16:52:49

Thank you to everyone who posted their feedback and sent in their video. Congrats to KateOxford who has won the prize draw for a £150 Love2Shop voucher! We'll be in touch soon.

alphacole1811 Wed 12-Nov-14 18:06:13

Q1. On the whole, mainly good. The applications let down by shops not having technology not necessarily in place but un-activated.
Q2. I used the Barclays Contactless payments in a range of shops including a large pharmaceutical store, but a large pet chain store, although the technology was installed, it was not active, disappointed at that one! Barclays Pingit was unavailable no matter where I went. It does not seem to be widely used at the moment. On using the Barclays Mobile Banking App, transactions previously done on the day had not yet shown up.
Q3. I like using Barclays Contactless but it can be a bit hit and miss to whether places use it, how long it takes the technology to recognise and process transactions, sometimes needing a few goes on certain terminals within stores etc.
Q4. I am continuing using Barclays Contactless as I have done for sometime. Easier in some places i.e. coffee shops, but sometimes you do not get a receipt, which is something I always like to have. Barclays Pingit, probably not. Barclays Mobile Banking App, quite likely, but this also depends on network coverage and Wi-Fi spots, again these can be a bit hit and miss.
Q5. Of course, in our family, we have a habit of using Barclays Contactless as it can be less hassle than PINs and the like. Barclays Pingit needs time to become more user friendly I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now