This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOW CLOSED Mumsnetters needed to try the new lower alcohol Blossom Hill Vie. £100 Debenhams Gift Card to be won.(233 Posts)
We've been asked by Blossom Hill to find 100 Mumsnetters to try the new lower alcohol Blossom Hill Vie White or Rosé and feedback their thoughts.
Here's what Blossom Hill say:
"Blossom Hill is the nation's favourite wine*, and we're proud to be known for making taste enjoyment easy. We've benefited from decades of wine maker's knowledge and alcohol innovation expertise to deliver a quality tasting reduced alcohol wine based drink; Blossom Hill Vie 5.5%vol. With its elegant, light and fruity taste it is the perfect choice for those occasions when you'd like a drink without the higher alcohol content - like lunch or early evening.
NEW lower alcohol Blossom Hill Vie is available in White - with hints of citrus, pear and apricot flavours and Rosé - with a floral aroma, ripe peach and strawberry flavours. Both are v. elegant, v. delicate and v. tasty choices - Vie 5.5%. If you prefer a sweeter style drinks, then Vie is perfect for you. We think it's v. tasty, but would love to hear what you think! For more information about Vie and to explore more of the Blossom Hill range visit: www.blossomhill.com"
This product test is open to all UK Mumsnetters aged 18 and over. If you'd like to take part please sign up here
Those selected will be sent a bottle of Blossom Hill Vie White or Rosé (RRSP £4.99). Please indicate your preference when signing up, we'll do our best to meet this but can't guarantee it.
Every tester who adds their feedback to the thread on Mumsnet will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £100 Debenhams Gift Card!
Thanks and good luck,
* Nielsen combined GB on and off trade. On Trade data 12/we to 04/08/2012 and Off Trade data 12 w/e to 18/08/2012
The BLOSSOM HILL words and associated logos are trade marks. Copyright BLOSSOM HILL Winery 2013.
Click here for prize draw T&Cs
I have the rose. Just had a glass with dinner and I can confirm that I like it! It is sweet but not too sweet and you get a good hint of the peach and strawberry flavours. It does not have that sharpness that you get with some roses, maybe due to the alcohol content.
As the flavours are subtle it would probably compliment a lot of different kinds of food. It is also going nicely with kettle chips right now! I would buy this again. I will report back in the morning to see how I feel after half a bottle!
Oh gaw'blimey. It's a bit good.
I've got the rose and DP and I are thoroughly impressed.
Oh how you spoil us Mumsnet. Wine that's free. And almost bfing friendly!
Absolutely delicious but it is not actually wine.
It seems to be wine, fizzy water and some flavours.
Very tasty and refreshing, but u was really under the impression that it was wine, although it doesn't actually say it IS anywhere.
Confusing, but tasty
Mine wasn't fizzy?? Norks?? Was yours fizzy?
Ry slightly fizzy. It was the white one and I suppose 'gently petillant' would be the pony description
Thank you for the bottle of wine. We tried our on Friday night and again over the weekend.
1. I so wanted to like it - the bottle looked beautiful but I'm afraid I was really disappointed. I guess it comes down to expectations - I expected it to taste like white wine and it didn't. The drink itself is very thin on the palate, no depth of flavour. Reminded DH and I off a cheap white wine spritzer the next day when it had lost its fizz . We also felt that the fruity floral flavours were not coming from the wine itself but from the added flavouring which was really off putting.
"Reduced alcohol wine based drink with flavourings" - so not wine really. Would have been nice to know where the wine was from and what the flavourings were - basically ingredients please! Norks I did recognise the slightest hint of fizz but in this case it just gave the impression that it was meant to fizzy but had gone flat.
I think I would probably prefer to buy a decent wine that I know is nice and then to add some water or fizz to it.
2. the taste of vie - thin, light, refreshing, good in summer, floral and a bit fruity.
3. I couldn't recommend it to anyone really as I feel there are much nicer drinks out there.
4. If I did like it I would drink it anytime really- I like wine but hate feeling drunk. If I'd enjoyed it, it would have been the kind of thing I'd like to have been able to order in a restaurant.
5. Didn't know - not fussed about calories as I don 't drink much anyway.
6. I really think clearer and more informative labelling would help out a lot - we like to know where the wine is from and what the added bits are - also perhaps what percentage of the total volume is wine, what water and what flavourings.
Right, have enjoyed the wine two evenings on the trot and had two 'morning afters'.
Here are my answers to the questions:
1. Which Vie variant did you try and what did you think?
I tried the Rose variety and enjoyed it very very much!
2. How would you describe the taste of Vie to your friends?
I would say that it tastes like a gentle, sweet Rose wine, but lighter and not as wine-y (yes I know, that is not a word ) In fact I may even describe it as a cross between Rose and Schloer...
3. Would you recommend it to them?
Yes, I would. Several of my friends love Rose wine so I would probably take a bottle (or two) to a get-together or book club group and encourage them to try it.
4. What would be the perfect Vie time for you? I really only drink at the weekend so for me the perfect Vie time would be early evening, when dinner is on the go and dh and I sit at the kitchen table enjoying a chat, a drink and a pre-dinner nibble.
5. Did you know Blossom Hill Vie has 30% fewer calories?
No, I did not know that. I had assumed it would be a bit less calorific due to containing less alcohol bit I did not know it was 30%. This is perfect for me as I am currently on a long-term (slow but steady) weight loss regime.
6. Any other thoughts you'd like to share?
Other than to say that I enjoyed the wine more than I thought I would, I will definately be buying it again. However, I had a look in Sainsbury today and felt that the price of £4.99 a bottle is a bit steep when compared to other, full-alcohol, rose wines. I would be happier to pay around the £4 per bottle mark. In fact, I had put Vie Rose on my shopping list but after seeing the price I chose a box of Gallo White Zinfandel which was on offer and worked out at £4 per bottle. More alcohol, more calories, not really what I wanted, but I have to take the monthly family grocery budget into account!
Thank you for letting me try the wine
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now
Already registered with Mumsnet? Log in to leave your comment or alternatively, sign in with Facebook or Google.
Please login first.