Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

NOW CLOSED Do you have a child of school age? Want to try out Matalan school uniform and be in with a chance of winning a high street voucher?

(142 Posts)
NewGirlHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Aug-11 12:27:39

Matalan is looking for 50 MNers to try out their school uniform with their child and give their feedback on MN. Here's what Matalan says about their uniform: "At Matalan we pride ourselves on our back to school offer - all of the products are created and designed by our in house design team and we have worked with mums to create a range that is not only suitable but fit for the rigors of school life. We've put in a lot of effort to make it hard-wearing, comfortable and easy to wash and iron and want to put it to the test on your child."

Testers will be sent a £25 Matalan voucher to take to their nearest Matalan store to choose your uniform items (if you're not sure where your nearest one is, please use this store finder) - £25 will allow you to buy plenty of school uniform items. Please note that if you have more than one child of school age, you will need to choose one and just buy school uniform for them. The vouchers will only be redeemable against school uniform.

Testers will then be asked to give feedback on MN twice - once when you've just bought your items and again when you and your child have put the uniform through its paces by washing and wearing it. If you're selected to take part, you'll be sent the vouchers w/c 22 Aug. You will then need to go and buy your uniform and add your first lot of feedback w/c 12 Sept once your child has had a chance to wear it at school. We'll then ask for your second lot of feedback in early-mid October when you've had a while to put the uniform to the test.

Everyone who is selected for the test and then adds two lots of feedback on MN will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £250 high street voucher and 2 runners up will win a £50 high street voucher each.

If you're interested in taking part, please click here to add your details.

Thanks and good luck - we'll be in touch with selected testers by Monday 22 Aug.
MNHQ

lubeybooby Wed 17-Aug-11 12:31:35

done smile

AuntieMonica Wed 17-Aug-11 12:32:18

not all DCs will be at school by 12th Sept btw

reception intake is staggered and some won't start until 14th at DDs school

NewGirlHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Aug-11 12:35:15

Auntie - don't worry, the feedback thread will be left open for a while so you can add feedback later than that if yours aren't at school by then

AuntieMonica Wed 17-Aug-11 12:36:27

coolio grin

yes, i know i said coolio

i'm in my rebellion phase today

kittensliveupstairs Wed 17-Aug-11 12:56:37

I've done it. I only saw our local Matalan at the weekend.

festi Wed 17-Aug-11 13:05:41

yes please

Fluffymonster Wed 17-Aug-11 13:27:33

Done

inmysparetime Wed 17-Aug-11 13:35:18

Done too. Now I just need to persuade DH to drive us all to Matalangrin

mumatron Wed 17-Aug-11 13:53:39

Can you check if mine went through? I pressed submit and I lost connection, when I try again it just takes me back to the mn homepage.

Also, is it possible to use the voucher on line? Just incase they don't have the right size etc in store.

festi Wed 17-Aug-11 13:56:29

good point about on line mumatron as 22nd August is a bit late for school uniform shopping in my experiemce as things are already out of stock in many stores.

SilveryMoon Wed 17-Aug-11 13:57:39

Done

NewGirlHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Aug-11 14:10:08

mumatron - we've got your application

Vouchers can't be used online, they're in store only - if something you want is out of stock then perhaps you could order it to pick up in store?

LadyWellian Wed 17-Aug-11 14:20:42

Sorry, but have just looked on Matalan website and their schoolwear range is pathetic. The only thing they had that DD needs (to be fair a lot of her uniform is regulation, but we still need blouses, tracksuit bottoms and a few other bits) is socks. How can there be no long-sleeved blouses?

Lilyloo Wed 17-Aug-11 14:37:53

Done thanks smile

festi Wed 17-Aug-11 14:39:11

no summer dresses

rnbsmum Wed 17-Aug-11 14:47:09

Done. Thanks

VeniceQueen Wed 17-Aug-11 15:47:45

Done mine, smile

aristocat Wed 17-Aug-11 15:53:47

smile

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Wed 17-Aug-11 16:44:57

done. ds started school yesterday (scottish system, broke up on 1 july, went back this week) and seeing the state of his trousers after 2 days, i highly suspect some new uniform will be very welcome by September!!

Vajazzler Wed 17-Aug-11 16:53:03

Done!

Illegitimate Wed 17-Aug-11 16:56:07

Done. I have a Matalan about 10 minutes from my house and i didn't know they even did school clothes

ouryve Wed 17-Aug-11 16:57:46

Done. We have a Matalan quite close and the kids constantly trash their school clothes. Can't see any blue polo shirts on their website, mind.

Doobydoo Wed 17-Aug-11 17:23:16

DONE

mumatron Wed 17-Aug-11 17:46:08

I just popped into my local matalan, the uniform looks okay not the biggest selection ever, but the quality looked fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now