This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
1. Overall, how did you find the Dettol No-Touch Hand Wash system to use? What did you like best about it / did you enjoy using it)? What didn't you like, and why? Fantastic. Easy to use, soap good quality, no germs left on dispenser.
2. What did your child(ren) think of the hand wash system? What did they like/dislike? They liked the robot/"magic eye" element - and the fact that particularly when they have been in the garden making dens the soap was dispensed in the right amount and it cleaned their hands.
3. Did having the system make your child(ren) wash their hands more regularly and encourage more healthy habits, giving you peace of mind? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes,absolutely. I have two boys who love the outdoor life and then to come in for meals without washing their hands. The no touch hand wash system caught their imagination and they visited the outside toilet to wash their hands before coming into the kitchen and leaving a trail of mud behind them.
4. Similarly, do you think you washed your hands any more often, more thoroughly or more willingly as a result of having the system? If so, when did you find yourself doing this when you might not have done before - eg cooking, cleaning, gardening? I found the system really helpful after washing out the bins, or making pastry or cooking with liver, ie when deposits were left on my hands I could wash them without having to touch a dispenser. Probably I did wash my hands slightly more frequently.
5. Where did you put your two hand wash systems? Did they fit well where you put them or not? Were they easy or difficult to set up and use? Did you prefer the white or stainless steel finish? I placed the silver unit in my kitchen because it matched its colour scheme. The white one I placed in the outside toilet because it suited the colour scheme there - however I wasnot keen on the silver/white combo.
6. If you were previously concerned about (or at least aware of) germs in your home, do you think that having the system has reassured you or not? Why? I am (and was) aware of the passage of germs in the house. Yes the system did reassure me because of the sensor delivery of soap.
7. What did you think of the antibacterial hand soap? Did you like the fragrance of it or not? How does it compare with other hand washes? Which fragrance did you like best? We loved both fragrances and did not have a favourite. However we did find the soap drying on the skin. All our family have sensitive skin, apart from a slight dry feeling we had no other side-effects.
8. Overall, do you think that having the hand wash system has made life (at least a bit) easier or not? And why? YES ABSOLUTELY. The children loved the "magic" element; I loved the fact that the right amount of soap was dispensed so the children did not "pump" double the amount of soap; io love the fact that the dispseners are not covered with paint/mud/clay/pastry/meat juices etc etc and we all have clean germ free hands. - Can you invent something that will also "magically" clean under childrens nails?
9. If it came up in conversation, do you think you would recommend the Dettol No-Touch Hand Wash System to your friends with children? If so, why? If not, why not? Ye sI would but I would also bear in mind the cost of new soap. Many visitors to the house have said "how fab", but they are expensive.
I loved mine but they have suddenly started malfunctioning and dispense soap all on their own
anyone else had this happen?
Please login first.