Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet email insight@mumsnet.com

NOW CLOSED Try out ACHICA and tell us what you think - £100 vouchers to spend for 5 lucky testers

(42 Posts)
NewGirlHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Jun-11 11:30:12

ACHICA is a new website which runs discount promotions on "luxury home and lifestyle" brands - it's free for all to join, when you sign up to be a member you are eligible to snap up the bargains they're offering - up to 70% discount in some cases.

Here's what Achica say about their site: "ACHICA is a members-only luxury home and lifestyle store which is free to join. Members can choose from an array of home, garden and lifestyle brands at up to 70% off. Each promotion is open for just a few days, and members can gain access to new promotions every morning from 7 a.m. Recent member exclusives have included homeware from Tefal, Conran and Christy; summer living from Premier BBQ, Fallen Fruits and Samsonite; children's ranges from FlUKE, Snuglo and Snoozeshade; indulgence by Chanel, Missoni and Vintage Dior; plus much more."

ACHICA are looking for 5 Mumsnetters to try out their site. All you would have to do is become a member of ACHICA (free of charge). ACHICA will then supply each tester with £100 of vouchers to spend on the site (these will be sent to you by email). You then need to go on to the site, choose what you want to buy, purchase it and then come back to Mumsnet and give your feedback about how you find the site to use, what you think of the range of products on offer etc. It's not the products itself that they want you to review, they want to know what you think about ACHICA and the offers available.

Postage is free of charge for Mumsnet testers so as long as you don't spend more than the value of your voucher (£100), you won't have to pay a penny to receive your product(s). Once you become a member of ACHICA you will receive emails about their offers. If you are selected to take part, you will need to become a member of ACHICA, but you can unsubscribe from the offers emails afterwards if you want to and you won't be contacted by ACHICA again.

Here are some examples of things that have been on offer on ACHICA for £100 or less - kitchenware, luxury bed linen, home and bathroom accessories, BBQ sets, outdoor dining, designer kids clothing, baby care and luxury toys. The only thing that your voucher won't allow you to purchase on the site is ACHICA travel.

If you're interested in taking part, please sign up here - it's open to all UK Mumsnetters with at least one child. If you're selected to take part, we'll be in touch in the next week or so.

Thanks
MNHQ

Julezboo Tue 07-Jun-11 11:37:48

done

doughnutty Tue 07-Jun-11 11:55:13

done.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jun-11 12:07:58

ooh shopping sqqeuuuuueeeee! grin

TheBolter Tue 07-Jun-11 12:30:37

Fingers crossed!

tjacksonpfc Tue 07-Jun-11 13:22:12

done. not holding my breath though as i never get chosen or win anything on here. sad

BerryLellow Tue 07-Jun-11 16:04:25

Done!

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Tue 07-Jun-11 16:08:34

Done

CoffeeIsMyFriend Tue 07-Jun-11 16:29:26

ooh I love a bit of online shopping, especially with someone elses money. I wonder if this site is like others eg secret sales.

grinningbee Tue 07-Jun-11 16:43:47

Done grin

brookeslay Tue 07-Jun-11 16:45:02

nor me t jackson I thought my number would be called for the dishwasher !

5inthebed Tue 07-Jun-11 17:05:51

done!

crazyspaniel Tue 07-Jun-11 18:03:10

If anyone is thinking of spending their own money on the Achica site, please take some time to look at the reviews. They have terrible problems with delays in supplying products (though not with taking your money). They don't provide a telephone number for customer services, and you get an automated reply when you email saying that it will take several days to get back to you (if they ever do). If you don't believe me, check out the wall on their Facebook page - it's littered with complaints, and posting there is the only way you can get them to deal with your problem.

TribbleWithoutACause Tue 07-Jun-11 18:18:10

done

smokinaces Tue 07-Jun-11 18:30:00

eeek Crazyspaniel, that doesnt sound good.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Tue 07-Jun-11 19:19:23

done. maybe just new start teething problems, more popular than they expected?

Bicnod Tue 07-Jun-11 19:19:53

Done and keeping fingers crossed grin

TheGashlycrumbTinies Tue 07-Jun-11 20:04:20

Done

MrsKitty Tue 07-Jun-11 20:04:29

Done, Sounds good. Free cash to spend - what's not to like? grin.

DirtyMartini Tue 07-Jun-11 20:05:12

Done. But thanks for the heads up, crazyspaniel.

PaperView Tue 07-Jun-11 20:12:10

There are so many of these things around at the moment. I don't like having to sign up before i can see anything tho.

(just a comment in case they are reading)

iamnotsuperwoman Tue 07-Jun-11 20:12:23

Done. I love Groupon so will probably love this one too. smile

belledechocchipcookie Tue 07-Jun-11 21:10:11

No thanks. It sounds like bollocks to me to be blunt. 'A members only luxury home and lifestyle store' that's free to join? It doesn't sound like 'members only' to me if any Tom, Dick, Harry and Sue can join. hmm

peanutbear Tue 07-Jun-11 21:36:21

Done

Honeydragon Tue 07-Jun-11 22:06:59

I don't think I'll be picked sad, I thought it was just a generic thanks for doing this the winner gets a shopping voucher.

I've just pointed out that they are not new, and mostly try to flog overpriced tat blush grin

Nevermind grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now