Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus one follow-up. 2. Keep your question brief. 3. Don't moan if your question doesn't get answered. 4. Do be civil/polite. More here.

CATHERINE ZETA JONES – LIVE WEBCHAT on Thursday 28 Jan from 10.30am - 11.15am

(107 Posts)
BojanaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 26-Jan-16 15:14:10

We are thrilled to announce that Welsh actress Catherine Zeta Jones will be joining us for a live webchat on Thursday 28 January from 10.30am - 11.15am.

Catherine started her career on the stage, winning critical acclaim for her musical prowess before exploding all over the nation's consciousness in The Darling Buds of May. Since then she has learned swordfighting for her role in The Mask of Zorro, made Steven Soderbergh's acclaimed Traffic while pregnant, and won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in the film adaptation of Chicago. And now, on Thursday, we will have her full attention <dances jig>

In her latest role Catherine plays the journalist Rose Winters in the movie version of the seventies TV classic Dad's Army. DON'T TELL HIM, PIKE.

Please do join us on the day to chat to Catherine - and if you can't make it on the day please post up your questions in advance. As ever please do also remember our webchat guidelines.

Dad's Army is released in cinemas on Friday 5 February.

Thanks
MNHQ

stumblymonkey Tue 26-Jan-16 16:09:26

Sad that I will miss this as I'm working....I do have a question though...

"I have bipolar type II disorder, I was diagnosed shortly after you went public with your own diagnosis which helped a lot for people to understand what it was, so thank you for that!

How do you manage what must be a demanding career and your bipolar disorder? How did you feel about your diagnosis and sharing the diagnosis with the public?"

HelenaDove Tue 26-Jan-16 18:25:50

I remember watching repeats of Dads Army as a kid.

Are you and Micheal both fans of classic British tv/comedy?

MairzyDoats Tue 26-Jan-16 18:55:05

Psst - MN Towers - you've spelt her name wrong on the front page!

Wagglebees Tue 26-Jan-16 18:56:31

shock Wow! <star struck>

Lightbulbon Tue 26-Jan-16 19:25:35

What's your opinion on the lack of good roles for women over 40 in Hollywood?

LineyReborn Tue 26-Jan-16 19:55:58

What attracted you to the role of Rose in Dad's Army?

AGreatBigWorld Tue 26-Jan-16 19:57:46

Have been watching Darling Buds again on ITV3. Do you keep in touch with the cast still?

rosangelb Wed 27-Jan-16 04:24:44

Since the movie takes place in the 40's, do you wish you were born that era? by the way, I love you!

rosangelb Wed 27-Jan-16 04:28:53

If you were to have dinner with any movie icon, who would it be?

Kreacherelf Wed 27-Jan-16 07:27:32

Hi Catherine!

I loved you in Chicago! Do you still practice dancing?

TwoTonTessie Wed 27-Jan-16 07:43:03

Hi,are you a mumsnetter? smile

patheticshark Wed 27-Jan-16 08:03:14

ooh you've worked with john cusack a couple of times, what's he like grin

liquidrevolution Wed 27-Jan-16 13:00:01

Looking forward to seeing the film this weekend. sorry two questions - Did you have fun filming it? And how do you juggle childcare and homelife when working?

ALemonyPea Wed 27-Jan-16 13:02:18

I'm going to watch this next week wth DH. Can't wait, we are big fans of the original series.

I loved you in Chicago, do you plan on doing a musical again?

Cupofteaandpieceofcake Wed 27-Jan-16 14:46:56

Welcome!
I really admire your work ethic and your family values. How do you keep it all well balanced and where do you find the energy! Do your children have a say in what parts you now consider?

coffeeisnectar Wed 27-Jan-16 18:59:17

Hi!

Do your children like to watch films you've been in or do they get embarrassed?

Btw I think you are amazing not starstruck at all...Oh no

coffeeisnectar Wed 27-Jan-16 19:00:15

I forgot to ask the biscuit question.....

DontTellTheBride Wed 27-Jan-16 19:52:27

I just saw you looking v glamorous on The One Show, Catherine. Thank you for joining us.

I wondered - as someone who can presumably pick and choose work as you wish - what motivates you to go for a film these days? Were you a Dad's Army fan growing up? And what do your family think about a film with such a British sense of humour?

Thankssmile

ZebedeesJeans Wed 27-Jan-16 20:52:38

I haven't posted a question on a web chat before, but I'm very excited by this one.

Hello Catherine, I'd like to know what you thought of my beloved East Yorkshire when you were filming here? possibly a silly question as Bridlington and Hollywood are almost identical, I'm sure. And will you come back and tell your friends to come too?

Borninthe60s Wed 27-Jan-16 20:53:37

Why don't you call yourself Catherine Jones?

Clawdy Wed 27-Jan-16 21:47:29

What was your favourite role ever?

rosangelb Wed 27-Jan-16 22:58:21

Currently listening to A Little Night Music soundtrack and I was wondering when will you be on the broadway stage again? smile

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Wed 27-Jan-16 23:33:42

I must admit I am completely star-struck by this! Welcome to mumsnet Catherine.

My question is:
In terms of your career, what films are you most and least proud of?

All the best to you and your family. Wishing you all health and happiness in the years ahead.

Solo Thu 28-Jan-16 00:00:39

Hello Catherine smile What is your secret to your very youthful look and which moisturiser do you use?

My 9yo Dd wants me to take her to watch Dad's Army, but I'm scared it will spoil the whole Dad's Army thing for me as I grew up with it.

Traxy637ww Thu 28-Jan-16 01:43:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

YesICanHearYouClemFandango Thu 28-Jan-16 02:34:23

Shwmae Catherine! Gobeithio ti'n iawn.

I also have Bipolar II. I was wondering if you had any tips for getting through the bad times? Are there any thoughts you cling to or techniques you use? Is there anything you think is crucial to keeping well?

I'll listen to you. Even if it is boring stuff like eating properly and exercising. Because, you know, you're Catherine Zeta Jones.

Thank you for going public about your illness by the way. It was really brave of you. I was diagnosed over 10 years ago and I've barely told anyone. Even people I'm close to. So I know it must have been difficult. But it was a great thing for you to do. flowers

Iwasbornin1993 Thu 28-Jan-16 03:36:49

Hi Catherine! Welcome to Mumsnet smile

Can I please ask where your favourite place in the world is and why?

ivepiercedmyfootonthespike Thu 28-Jan-16 08:02:23

Hello Catherine!

Hope you're well. Have either of your children expressed an interest in acting as a career path?

APlaceOnTheCouch Thu 28-Jan-16 09:23:55

Hi Catherine,
You've achieved so much. Are you a great planner for your life and career? Or has it been more organic than that?
Thanks

Wheresthattomoibabber Thu 28-Jan-16 09:41:53

Hi Catherine

I'm not about for the live webchat as will be at dentist having wisdom teeth out sad

My question is did you keep up the sword fighting? DD thinks you're awesome in Zorro and it looks really good fun.

Thank you

dontcryitsonlyajoke Thu 28-Jan-16 09:51:46

What are your tips for making a marriage work? It is so refreshing and encouraging to see you and your husband keep on going through tough times in comparison to many (most?) Hollywood marriages.

And what have been your best and worst moments as a parent so far? My worst unsurprisingly involved a leaking nappy... My best was realising just quite how much my emotionally quite closed 6yo son loves his 16mo brother when he just shrugged and laughed upon discovering his beloved Lego train had been pulled apart, and then sat back and watched his brother play with the pieces! Nobody else, not even me or his sister, would have got away with that smile

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:02:04

test

Doilooklikeatourist Thu 28-Jan-16 10:03:06

Hallo Catherine ,
I admire the way you manage to always look classy when ever you're in the public eye ( please don't say you're in your PJs now !)

My daughter is doing a performing arts degree , any tips on how to get on in the business ? She's primarily a dancer

Will go and see Dads Army , like a lot of people I remember watching it as a child ( and my husband quite fancies tou , so he'll be there too ! )

Best wishes to you , and the family

Maida98 Thu 28-Jan-16 10:04:43

Hi Catherine,
When you look back at the 18 year old girl that you were when you first studied musical theatre fulltime, how much has your attitude to the performing arts changed?

Icecreams1 Thu 28-Jan-16 10:12:45

Hi Catherine,

What were your first thoughts when you read the script for Dad's Army?

Can't wait to see the film!

50shadesofknackered Thu 28-Jan-16 10:14:03

Hi Catherine,

I wondered what your thoughts are regarding the recent controversy over the lack of black actors nominated for the Oscars.
Also, Hollywood and the lifestyle that goes with it seems to be very superficial and often destructive. How do you manage to create a normal life for yourself and your children?

WildeWoman Thu 28-Jan-16 10:14:33

Hi Catherine.
Where do you live these days? Not that I want to stalk you or anything, I mean moreso - do you live in Wales or LA?

Do you follow rugby?

SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 28-Jan-16 10:25:23

Morning everyone <excited>
Catherine is on her way!

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:28:27

Hi everyone, it's Catherine Zeta Jones. I have arrived and ready to go whenever you are. Thanks for taking the time out to post your questions. I'll get through as many as I can.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:31:45

LineyReborn

What attracted you to the role of Rose in Dad's Army?

Dad's Army was a childhood favourite, great memories of watching it with my parents and siblings. When the offer came, for me to be part of this new film, I was racking my brain, wondering what I was to possibly play. In what was a male-dominated series, as good as it was, women weren't really focused on. To my great surprise, they had written a character for me to play a journalist, whose assignment was to do an article for The Lady magazine, about the home guard. Happy to see also in the script that turned up on my desk, that they had brought in more women to the film, The wives of the platoon are featured, which was not in the original series, and it opens up the whole film for me. Women on the home front were very prominent, and did a lot to keep the home territory safe.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:32:37

HelenaDove

I remember watching repeats of Dads Army as a kid.

Are you and Micheal both fans of classic British tv/comedy?

I am a huge fan of classic British TV and comedy. I feel honoured that the show that really launched me in the UK, the Darling Buds of May, is now part of that group, with re-runs constantly on television, and a new generation of fans of the show. My mother sends me DVDs of new up-and-coming TV shows and I've invested in a machine that plays both American DVDs and British so that I can keep abreast of the great television coming out of Britain.

ClarissaBell Thu 28-Jan-16 10:33:15

Hi Catherine, can you tell me what your go to foundation is please? Thanks

WildeWoman Thu 28-Jan-16 10:34:51

Have you any interest in politics - either Welsh/UK/EU/American politics. Particularly given potential for Brexit and with the upcoming US presidential elections. And have you ever met Mr. Donald J. Trump? grin

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:36:02

Lightbulbon

What's your opinion on the lack of good roles for women over 40 in Hollywood?

This is a really good question, as I have been in this business since I was 9 years old, and have heard the same thing said throughout the different parts of my career. Then, HELLO, I'm in my 40s..... and it's true. It's not that there aren't great stories to be told about women in their 40s, its just that the big bosses in Hollywood feel that the demographic of moviegoers are less interested. I wanted to be in film because I was brought up watching great performances by women in their 40s, in the 70s, Anne Bancroft, films like Alice Doesn't Live Here Any More, interesting roles for women, at a great age. There's talk in Hollywood about diversity right now, and it's a good conversation to be had, and necessary, but when we say diversity, let's mean diversity for actors with ethnic differences, age differences, and sex differences. I don't think I'm going to change a demographic - all I want to do is to do good film that is accessible to people of all ages and races.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:38:35

liquidrevolution

Looking forward to seeing the film this weekend. sorry two questions - Did you have fun filming it? And how do you juggle childcare and homelife when working?

I had the best time doing Dad's Army. Coming home to work with actors of professionalism and talent and jolly good people to hang out with for many hours of the day is a treat for me! Reminds me how much I love working here and feel at home here.

As actors, we get asked the second question a lot. But let's be real, I'm lucky to have a very close family who surround my children if I am not there. I have help with them and I'm in a very good position to be able to leave from time to time, do work like Dad's Army, have fun like I did in Dad's Army then go back. I'm not the only woman in the world who has children who works. But I feel blessed that I'm in the financial situation where it is somewhat easier for me than others.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:38:45

APlaceOnTheCouch

Hi Catherine,
You've achieved so much. Are you a great planner for your life and career? Or has it been more organic than that?
Thanks

Excellent question. People used to say to me, god you're so lucky, and of course in my business, luck does play a small part. Being there at the right time, in the right place, but you have to be so prepared, ready to go, when those opportunities arise, and I was always ready to go, and prepared.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:41:08

ALemonyPea

I'm going to watch this next week wth DH. Can't wait, we are big fans of the original series.

I loved you in Chicago, do you plan on doing a musical again?

Since Chicago, I did a musical in New York, called A Little Night Music,on Broadway I was lucky enough to win the Tony award for it. And coupled with Chicago, you can only imagine how much I love musicals. And it seems that musicals have been good for me! I would love to do an original piece. I've been asked many times to do revivals of older shows, but to invent a character and be part of a show from inception would be terrific. I'm looking to go back to Broadway in the near future to do a straight play, something I have never done before. I am very excited about that prospect!

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:43:13

coffeeisnectar

Hi!

Do your children like to watch films you've been in or do they get embarrassed?

Btw I think you are amazing --not starstruck at all...Oh no--

My children love to watch films, generally. They don't necessarily gravitate to my husband's and my films - it's too close to home to break the reality screen. They love visiting sets, and probably see movies that children of their age don't see because they understand the process, understand that it's just a movie, and I find them being very critical of both my and my husband's (and any actor's) work in general, but I think it's because they want to be actors themselves, and they study hard the performances and learn from them, as well as just sitting down as regular teenagers and watching the movies.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:44:36

Maida98

Hi Catherine,
When you look back at the 18 year old girl that you were when you first studied musical theatre fulltime, how much has your attitude to the performing arts changed?

I hope this will answer your question. When I was in musical comedy, as a teenager, there was a big divide between actors who were in musicals and actors who were at the National Theatre who happened to do Shakespeare now and again. It was a touch of snobbery that I always wanted to break. And I feel I did, I moved from musical theatre to television to film to musicals on film, back to Broadway, back to film... and that was the career I always wanted. Where there were no boundaries. You weren't put in a box nd had to do only what was given to you in that box.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:45:59

WildeWoman

Hi Catherine.
Where do you live these days? Not that I want to stalk you or anything, I mean moreso - do you live in Wales or LA?

Do you follow rugby?

I live in New York, actually just outside Manhattan, in the country, where I feel is the best place to bring up my children. Being from a small town myself, I love it too, but love the accessibility of Manhattan being less than an hour away.

I follow the Rugby: guess who I support....

I'm also following Premiership football as my home town, Swansea, is now in it, I love basketball in the States - I'm going to the Superbowl next week so you could say I'm a sports fan generally.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:46:24

Wheresthattomoibabber

Hi Catherine

I'm not about for the live webchat as will be at dentist having wisdom teeth out sad

My question is did you keep up the sword fighting? DD thinks you're awesome in Zorro and it looks really good fun.

Thank you

Yes and no/ I have encouraged my son to do fencing at school, which he does. I kept it up for a while after doing Zorro, I consider it to be a fantastic workout and a great self-defense mechanism.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:47:25

rosangelb

If you were to have dinner with any movie icon, who would it be?

Michael Douglas and Kirk Douglas, my husband and father in law because it's very comfortable and we always have great conversations!

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:48:34

coffeeisnectar

I forgot to ask the biscuit question.....

Chocolate digestives!

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:48:35

Kreacherelf

Hi Catherine!

I loved you in Chicago! Do you still practice dancing?

Yes I do. I'm also secretly a dance mum, which means I go around the country as my daughter competes nationally at dance. I love it, reliving my childhood as I used to compete in dance myself. My daughter is more ballet trained than I ever was, and so I have a dance studio in my house. I have tap boards to protect the floor and I teach my daughter to tap dance.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:49:47

ClarissaBell

Hi Catherine, can you tell me what your go to foundation is please? Thanks

Oh that's a tricky one because I mix. I mix a few, right now I'm mixing Giorgio Armani with a Tom Ford. Should I make my own as I'm so good at mixing? I've thought about it! I do the same with lipsticks.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:52:46

50shadesofknackered

Hi Catherine,

I wondered what your thoughts are regarding the recent controversy over the lack of black actors nominated for the Oscars.
Also, Hollywood and the lifestyle that goes with it seems to be very superficial and often destructive. How do you manage to create a normal life for yourself and your children?

First of all, I live in New York in the country, and consciously don't live in Hollywood, for that very reason. Regarding the diversity issues that are sweeping Hollywood at the moment, I still find it sad that we're even discussing this at this time. But in the defence of the Academy Oscar voters, they can only vote on what they see. Lets go back to the writers, to the filmmakers and more importantly the studios who finance movies, to get them to have projects where at least diversity has a chance.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:53:09

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf

I must admit I am completely star-struck by this! Welcome to mumsnet Catherine.

My question is:
In terms of your career, what films are you most and least proud of?

All the best to you and your family. Wishing you all health and happiness in the years ahead.

Thank you, love and happiness to you and yours too.

I think I am most proud of my work in Chicago and in Traffic. Firstly, because they are so very different and as an actor that's what I always strive to do each time.

arghnames Thu 28-Jan-16 10:53:20

What was the best bit of filming Dad's Army and did you have a hard time keeping a straight face whilst filming with great comedy actors?

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:54:14

Clawdy

What was your favourite role ever?

It's got to be Chicago. I never thought that I would have the chance to sing, dance and act on celluloid, I thought those days of Hollywood musical movies were over. To be part of such a great film was very special to me.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:55:08

Iwasbornin1993

Hi Catherine! Welcome to Mumsnet smile

Can I please ask where your favourite place in the world is and why?

Oh I've been to many places of great beauty. I think my favourite place to be is home in New York because no matter how far I travel and see beautiful sights, taste beautiful food, I always yearn to go home at some point. I guess I just a homebody at heart.

AllTheMadmen Thu 28-Jan-16 10:55:55

I saw you many years ago in 42nd street ! I was taken back stage by my dance teacher who had a role in the chorus! Loved you in Darling Buds TOO. Cant wait to see new film.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:57:07

ZebedeesJeans

I haven't posted a question on a web chat before, but I'm very excited by this one.

Hello Catherine, I'd like to know what you thought of my beloved East Yorkshire when you were filming here? possibly a silly question as Bridlington and Hollywood are almost identical, I'm sure. And will you come back and tell your friends to come too?

Thank you for sharing your beautiful countryside with me. Firstly, I was so unaware how gorgeous Scarborough is, forgive me, but I was under the impression that it was sticky rock and Kiss Me Quick hats. How wrong I was. I love architecture and home design, and fell in love with all the Victoria buildings there., had dreams of renovating one particularly Victorian mansion as it was spectacular. Now lets couple that with the extraordinary coastline, wonderful people, with amazing hospitality and you have a winner. I hope others will be able to see and enjoy it. Thanks again.

AllTheMadmen Thu 28-Jan-16 10:58:30

grin

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 10:59:25

Cupofteaandpieceofcake

Welcome!
I really admire your work ethic and your family values. How do you keep it all well balanced and where do you find the energy! Do your children have a say in what parts you now consider?

My family are paramount to me. And I must say when I go to work it's a bonus for me. As passionate as I am about my work, nothing really, I stress nothing, comes before my family. My daughter is very clingy at the moment and doesn't really want me to go to the end of the garden without her coming with me. She's 12 and we're very close. I choose my projects simply by 'are they important enough, are they going to be fun enough, for me to leave my family?' I want to work with great people these days, with no egos or attitudes, just talented, interesting, nice folk.

dogsdieinhotcars Thu 28-Jan-16 11:00:53

Hi there! My 10yr old son is making me read Harry Potter, and I'm loving it to be fair! What are you reading when time allows? And have you ever been to Lancaster, UK?!

DinoArms Thu 28-Jan-16 11:02:01

What would you say is your greatest achievement so far?

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 11:02:09

Solo

Hello Catherine smile What is your secret to your very youthful look and which moisturiser do you use?

My 9yo Dd wants me to take her to watch Dad's Army, but I'm scared it will spoil the whole Dad's Army thing for me as I grew up with it.

This is not going to spoil anything, for you or your daughter. This movie is an extension of this TV series, I know I'm in it but I truly believe it's fantastic family fun. Regarding I think happiness is the best tonic for keeping us youthful. Being happy with who you are inside radiates on the outside. I'm finding, just from travelling from New York and being in heated hotel rooms, my skin feels like a Walker's crisp at the moment, but I've been using some argan oil just to saturate my skin at night, so it has some nourishment as I sleep, to start the day a little bit more hydrated. But the real hydration comes from within you can never drink too much water. No diet sodas!

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 11:03:33

Doilooklikeatourist

Hallo Catherine ,
I admire the way you manage to always look classy when ever you're in the public eye ( please don't say you're in your PJs now !)

My daughter is doing a performing arts degree , any tips on how to get on in the business ? She's primarily a dancer

Will go and see Dads Army , like a lot of people I remember watching it as a child ( and my husband quite fancies tou , so he'll be there too ! )

Best wishes to you , and the family

I'm in a gorgeous Michael Kors dress, I didn't want to let you down, fab shoes fyi.

Regarding your daughter, I wish her all the best in career that has been my life. I have enjoyed every minute of it, even the rejection. As a dancer, I want her to start getting some plays to read, some songs to sing so she will start to become a triple threat. Prepare yourself for anything an everything.

granttucker Thu 28-Jan-16 11:03:41

What did you get your father-in-law, Kirk Douglas, for his 99th birthday back in December?

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 11:03:56

DinoArms

What would you say is your greatest achievement so far?

My children. When I see my children and I get complimented on my children's behaviour, manners and their sheer joy to be around, it was the best production I was part of, ever.

Spannerhead Thu 28-Jan-16 11:04:04

Love your work, my question is -

If you could have any other career what would you do?

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 11:05:57

dogsdieinhotcars

Hi there! My 10yr old son is making me read Harry Potter, and I'm loving it to be fair! What are you reading when time allows? And have you ever been to Lancaster, UK?!

Never been to Lancaster, but I've been very close to it as I used to do theatre tours around the UK in the early part of my career. I have succumbed to a Kindle. I was always so against them but since I love to read and travel, I prefer to put more shoes in my case than books. I've just finished All The Light You Cannot See. Wonderful read, Pulitzer prize winning, if I'm not mistaken. Beautifully written. I will buy something to read on the plane on the Kindle - note to self!

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 11:06:59

arghnames

What was the best bit of filming Dad's Army and did you have a hard time keeping a straight face whilst filming with great comedy actors?

The best time about filming was the down-time was equally as fun as the shooting time. Of course there were many times when we just ruined the take laughing. But i could sit for hours listening off-camera to the stories of these accomplished actors about their lives and the work they've done. I was very starstruck in a way, and felt humbled to be in their company.

flatbellyfella Thu 28-Jan-16 11:07:47

Hi Catherine, are you a follower of your friends on Facebook?

putthatthingback Thu 28-Jan-16 11:08:03

If you could adapt any book in to a film and star in it what would you pick?

rosangelb Thu 28-Jan-16 11:08:13

What is the best piece of advice you've ever received?

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 11:08:15

Spannerhead

Love your work, my question is -

If you could have any other career what would you do?

I think I would like to be in design, in all capacity. I love architecture, I love interior design, I love clothes design, jewellery, shoes. I love beautiful things and creating beautiful spaces. For myself and also for other people. I guess that's the area I would like to be in.

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 11:08:43

AGreatBigWorld

Have been watching Darling Buds again on ITV3. Do you keep in touch with the cast still?

I keep in touch with David, in fact I was on the phone with him when I was shooting Dad's Army because I was going to help him out for Comic Relief in a sketch we were going to do together. But unfortunately my schedule changed due to the weather and I was unable to come down to London to shoot the segment for Comic Relief.

dogsdieinhotcars Thu 28-Jan-16 11:09:40

smile I'll note that book (when I've read 7 Harry Potters!), and tell my friends you recommended it! Thank You. Xx

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 11:10:17

putthatthingback

If you could adapt any book in to a film and star in it what would you pick?

That is a terrific question. I'm still looking for that new book that I could adapt and work in. If I were to pick an older book, or person from history, that had never been played before, it would have to be Cleopatra.

Oh and, to add, please tell me who you'd like to see me play from a book!

largered Thu 28-Jan-16 11:10:21

Hi Catherine

If you were to be stuck in a lift with anyone, who would it be and why?

CatherineZetaJones Thu 28-Jan-16 11:11:46

Well this has been wonderful. Wish I could see all your faces, but your questions have been really great, different, and fun to answer. I send my love to you and yours, health, happiness, and I hope that 2016 is good to each and every one of you. God bless.
PS - before I buy something unreadable on my Kindle, please give me some suggestions

AliceGMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 28-Jan-16 11:11:52

Hi Catherine, What was your fav memory from Chicago?

Wheresthattomoibabber Thu 28-Jan-16 11:14:37

The Well - it was amazing. Attwood style dystopia. Or The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier.

APlaceOnTheCouch Thu 28-Jan-16 11:18:02

Catherine said I asked a great question <preens> hides the diet soda

OnePlanOnHouzz Thu 28-Jan-16 11:23:16

Kat Latham "unwrapping her perfect match " was a good read ! (And it's free ! ) I enjoyed it recently ! Hope you do too ! smile

cupcakelovinggirl Thu 28-Jan-16 11:24:50

Girl on the train - great book!

Ilovemykidstoomuch Thu 28-Jan-16 11:41:58

I love the classic Jane Eyre too much. It was lovely to read all your answers Catherine. Truly a woman of substance and a great role model you are !!. Happiness, love and lots of good health to you and your family.

Love xx

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Thu 28-Jan-16 11:50:22

Squeeeee!! CZJ answered my question! grin

walde Thu 28-Jan-16 11:50:46

Villa Triste by Lucretia Grindel. Absolutely gripping. I think you'd enjoy it.

Solo Thu 28-Jan-16 11:59:20

Thanks for answering my question Catherine! I will definitely take Dd to see the film smile

Wagglebees Thu 28-Jan-16 13:09:42

I think that was one of the best web chats ever on here. smile So lovely and open.

If anyone is checking up on this for Catherine, yes, please do think about your own make up line. I'd buy the lot so that's at least one customer already. grin Youre interested in design and beauty, you'd be perfect!

Thank you for taking time to do this, I really enjoyed it. <total girl crush>

coffeeisnectar Thu 28-Jan-16 13:17:25

<sigh> I am at peace with the world. What a wonderful web chat.

And czj likes chocolate digestives.

All is well.

omri Thu 28-Jan-16 13:25:11

Admire her even more now. Would love to hang out with her. What a great woman! Really enjoyed her openness and humour.

Thank you Catherine if you are looking back!

liquidrevolution Thu 28-Jan-16 13:34:03

What a lovely person you are CZJ. Enjoy your reading time on the flight home. Sorry no suggestions have a toddler so am firmly stuck on 'thats not my tractor' and all things Mog at the moment. (I do recommend Mog and Bunny though. sob!)

APlaceOnTheCouch Thu 28-Jan-16 14:36:51

It was a lovely webchat. CZJ was fab.

LineyReborn Thu 28-Jan-16 14:52:25

That was really interesting. Thank you.

It's a pity the Comic Relief sketch was doomed because of the weather.

Cocolepew Thu 28-Jan-16 14:58:20

Lovely webchat smile

LineyReborn Thu 28-Jan-16 16:56:43

It has made The Guardian Online. The bit about decent parts for over-40s women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now