Talk

Advanced search

drug dependant baby, advice needed

(596 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

EarthMotherImNot Wed 03-Mar-10 15:20:17

I've been asked to foster a baby expected to be suffering drug withdrawal when it is born next week.

It is years since I've cared for one of these and any advice would be most gratefully received.

lifesjoys Sun 30-Apr-17 01:36:08

Have just read this all the way through, what a lovely woman EMIN was!

Such a selfless & loving woman!

RIP EMIN you beautiful woman!

Xx

TimeforANewTwatName Mon 13-Mar-17 23:45:32

I read this so many times, I haven't read it again but i'm still crying just opening it and reading that first post.

RIP EMINflowers you wonderful woman, you will always be remembered.

Theaspidistraiswilting Mon 13-Mar-17 23:38:58

What a brave, selfless, tough, and wonderful miracle of a human being. RIP EMIN.

SeriousSteve Mon 13-Mar-17 23:15:50

Just RTFT, tears rolling. What an amazing selfless woman. Absolutely incredible.

DorcasthePuffin Mon 13-Mar-17 23:15:26

I remember this thread so well - I posted on it (under a different name) because I was about to adopt an addicted baby and EMIN gave me such lovely advice. My dd is now a strong, healthy and beautiful 7yo, and I think - often - about the vital role her foster carer played in getting her through those difficult early months, And then I think of EMIN. flowers

blowmybarnacles Mon 13-Mar-17 22:59:18

Sat here crying. If I could be even one quarter the woman Emin was, it would be a life well lived.
Inspirational.

HoldBackTheRain Mon 13-Mar-17 22:47:58

Everyone has already said it all but had to comment. Read for the first time, I don't think it will be the last but I hope the next time I read this back I will cry less.

What a lovely woman. EMIN I hope your family are doing well and I hope you're somewhere watching over them, and all the LO's you gave the best start to.

flowers

MyDarlingWhatIfYouFly Mon 13-Mar-17 22:43:50

I've read this thread many times and cried every time - she was a beautiful, selfless soul.

WatchingFromTheWings Mon 13-Mar-17 22:42:22

Just read the whole thread for the first time.

Bawling. 😥

Seeingadistance Mon 13-Mar-17 22:23:00

What a wonderful, inspiring, strong woman.

RIP Emin.

CrochetBelle Mon 13-Mar-17 22:17:28

What a beautiful, beautiful thread <3

ChippieBeanAndHorro Mon 13-Mar-17 22:11:55

This is so remarkable, inspirational and lovely.

ChippieBeanAndHorro Mon 13-Mar-17 22:10:48

I've honestly never read this. Despite being on here for quite some time.

I'm bawling.

RIP flowers <3!!!

Crispbutty Mon 13-Mar-17 21:59:36

What an inspiring and emotional thread. I just read it and tears have poured all the way from page 2.

Emin was an absolutely amazing lady.

I was an adopted baby and spent the first 2 months of my life with a foster carer who I can only hope showed me half the love that Emin did for the baby in her care.

RIP flowers

Greenfingeredfun Mon 13-Mar-17 21:35:31

RIP EMIN flowers
I have read this thread from start to finish tonight. You are an inspiration. You have touched people's lives. Your memory will live on.
xxxx

mummyofmoomoos Sun 05-Mar-17 00:11:46

Bawling my eyes out- R.I.P. EMIN flowers, what a beautiful big heart, and what a beautiful legacy to leave behind x

starskey80 Thu 02-Mar-17 19:47:06

What a truly beautiful woman.
Cried so much reading this. But also smiled at all the lives she must have touched.

inmyshoos Wed 01-Mar-17 23:09:36

What an amazing woman. Emin what a bloody inspiration! Agree this thread should be kept alive in her memory. flowers

greenworm Wed 01-Mar-17 22:57:51

Thank you EMIN for what you did. Incredible thread.

flowers

Cinnamon84 Fri 10-Feb-17 19:16:29

Just read this post and cried the whole way through it. EMIN was an amazing woman - think this post should keep going so she's remembered xx

Lovemylittlebear Fri 03-Feb-17 14:33:59

What an inspirational and remarkable woman x

SpackenDeDoich Fri 03-Feb-17 13:56:04

I often think of you EMIN. When life is difficult this thread gives me the kick up the arse I need.

Mrsemcgregor Mon 30-Jan-17 19:29:54

flowers what a wonderful woman Emin was. I hope that little Ladybird is having a truly happy life thanks to the amazing start she was given by this wonderful couple.

PassTheWineAndFags Mon 30-Jan-17 11:50:26

What an amazing woman. I hope her send off was as amazing as she was flowers

Sentmeamonkey Tue 24-Jan-17 20:48:29

Wow, just wow, what a truly amazing women. I read the whole thread and felt relief when you turned that little ones life around I cried when you handed her over to her mummy and daddy, then felt angry when your life came to pass, why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now