Talk

Advanced search

to share the things my BIL has moaned about whilst staying at our house for the past 3 days?

(630 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

BanKittenHeels Sun 15-Sep-19 15:50:25

Amazon Prime Video doesn’t have the new Quentin Tarantino film that has just come out at the cinema. Ergo Amazon Prime is a waste of money.

The shower screen in the guest bathroom has a stationary rather than hinged shower screen.

That someone used the loo in the middle of the night and he could hear them flush - his bedroom door was 3/4 open.

We have stair gates, so our children don’t break their necks. “Really inconvenient”

The Thai restaurant sent us too many prawn crackers. They sent an appropriate amount for the number of people, actually.

My deodorant is blue. And what?

We don’t have an endless supply of spare clothes in his size and to his taste.

His hair was still in the shower in his en suite when he went back to use it the next day.

The towels I put out for him are white.

Our front gate is too squeaky.

The planes overhead are too low.

We have too many rugs.

He can hear traffic when in the garden.

Our dogs won’t cuddle him.

Our children wear shorts.

The settings of the seats in the car we lent him weren’t to his liking.

He doesn’t like the preset radio stations on our car radio.

My DH (his brother) “doesn’t wear a hat”??????

We don’t have his very specific music taste available to him on vinyl, although we did think to search out appropriate Spotify playlists for him but “that’s not quite the same authenticity”.

The local swimming pool (in a large city) keeps “provincial, British hours”.

Microwave steamers are “excessive gadgets”. Then 30 minutes later, “I suppose you could steam veg in your steamer, have you thought of that?” No shit!

None of the 3 duvets we offered him were suitable.

I use my inhaler too frequently.

Why do I have rosehip oil in the bathroom, it’s of no use to anyone.

confused hmmangry

claylou1976 Mon 25-Nov-19 18:53:14

Dogs are great judges of character. Is he under the impression he is in a hotel cf.

HalloumiGus Thu 17-Oct-19 10:14:04

I for one would not have married Mr Halloumi Gus had he been unable to hasselback a potato to within an inch of its life. Totes with your BIL on this. #EssentialSpouseSkills

ChicCroissant Sun 13-Oct-19 19:29:48

He is the gift that keeps on giving to us, if not to you OP [grin}

madambee Sun 13-Oct-19 18:03:13

grin

madambee Sun 13-Oct-19 18:02:41

grin

BanKittenHeels Sun 13-Oct-19 15:12:42

Something he said this week “my wife can’t hassleback a potato for love nor money.”

grin hmm

360eyes Thu 10-Oct-19 09:14:54

Glad to see this added to classics. I will definitely be dropping by this thread incase of future visits.

Where was it all over the net?

chrisie16 Thu 10-Oct-19 08:04:30

What I'm dying to know is, did he end up wearing the brisket?

SchadenfreudePersonified Thu 26-Sep-19 20:14:26

I don't want to worry you Millie but there is something seriously wrong with your DS.

It is not possible to be "too Gruffly".

MillieMoodle Thu 26-Sep-19 17:18:24

I think my 3yo might be your BIL's blushHe refuses to wear his Gruffalo pyjamas because they are "too Gruffly".

banivani Wed 25-Sep-19 21:16:20

Oh people with painted stairs “have a lot of mirrors and don’t use bath mats”

You know what, I think he might have a point.

SchadenfreudePersonified Wed 25-Sep-19 21:05:31

LaMarschallin

grin

LaMarschallin Wed 25-Sep-19 19:52:52

My mother didn't complain when she came to "look after" me when I had 2nd DD (1st DD was 18 months) but did leave us with a family saying, often used when asking what someone would like to eat.

DD was born 9pm and I was home about 10am the next day. OH had had very little sleep and, of course, had been looking after 1st DD (who still wasn't sleeping through the night).

He then fetched my mother from the train station, made her a coffee and we settled down.

At about 1pm, I was wondering when the "looking after" might start and hesitantly said: "Ooh, it's about lunchtime...".

Whereupon my dear mama sank back into the cushions on the sofa and said: "Oh well - just something light for me; I've had a long journey"!

Oddly enough, she was back on the train the next day smile

Alwaysgrey Wed 25-Sep-19 18:40:12

My sister is like this. She came over this summer and complained it was too sunny, the carpet was too carpety confused and the noise the water made coming out of our upstairs taps was too noisy and sounded funny. These were the tip of the iceberg from the longest holiday ever. I was very glad when she fucked off back home.

BanKittenHeels Wed 25-Sep-19 10:16:24

Please please please can you print out the Fox News story and frame it! Put it up in the downstairs toilet

gringringrin

BeyondAvoidant Tue 24-Sep-19 23:08:26

Please please please can you print out the Fox News story and frame it! Put it up in the downstairs toilet grin

SchadenfreudePersonified Tue 24-Sep-19 21:32:33

< adds packet of Haribo to begging letter to bankitten as an inducement >

madambee Tue 24-Sep-19 21:22:36

<Shadenfreude begs bankitten to borrow her bil to find the true way of living>

SchadenfreudePersonified Tue 24-Sep-19 21:19:19

<realises Babies was dumping her bathmats>

<bursts into tears>

<smashes every mirror in the house>

SchadenfreudePersonified Tue 24-Sep-19 21:18:30

<does excited little dance clutching autograph book to flat bosom>

<wonders if a bosom is, by definition, not flat, and it should have been "chest">

<follows Babies into the bathmat shop (in a totally non-stalkery way) to see what type of bath mat she chooses>

<buys one the same and rushes home clutching her prize>

ISmellBabies Tue 24-Sep-19 21:13:14

<signs autograph for Schadenfreude>
<throws out bathmats>
I'm off to buy some mirrors. I love an awesome view.

HerRoyalFattyness Tue 24-Sep-19 21:03:06

Maybe grambler should lose the bath mats, slip, moan about it and change her name to grumbler
Then you can try to beat bankittenheels BIL for the world record in moaning?

LittleMissNaice Tue 24-Sep-19 20:58:06

I think there's probably excellent moaning potential in all the slips, trips and falls Grambler

Grambler Tue 24-Sep-19 20:07:21

Ok I can lose the bath mats - but surely that's a slip hazard with all the wet feet and painted stairs? Wouldn't you want dry feet? Or is that where the mirrors come in, more light and sight? Perhaps he's onto something.

SchadenfreudePersonified Tue 24-Sep-19 19:41:56

Do they have toilet brushes BanKittenHeels?

I think we need to know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »