Talk

Advanced search

Page 21 | Oh my god. Think my mugshot must be pinned to the counter in Boots

(513 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

GeneralClassification Tue 16-Jul-19 11:30:49

I needed to buy first aid bits and bobs to take on holiday. Popped into Boots and it was one of the mega sized ones, so I asked an assistant.

What I meant to say was ‘where do you keep the first aid things?’

What I did say was ‘where are the air traffic controllers?’

😭😭😭

She actually backed away from me 😭

OP’s posts: |
pinkrocker Wed 22-Apr-20 23:35:24

A while ago you could listen to newly released music in Woolies with headphones on. New Robbie Williams album was out, so me and my mate standing there, singing along, headphones on (only I wasn't singing out loud, she was and she didn't know I was just mouthing the words) Security guys were howling with laughter at this

livelyredjellybean Tue 05-May-20 14:47:42

I work at an animal feeds place. One of the horse feeds is called “Happy Hoof”. I mistakenly asked a customer if she wanted a bag of Happy Foof as usual... she howled with laughter and has been asking for a bag of Happy Foof since!

angelsmagicdust Wed 06-May-20 15:17:43

grin

serendippity Thu 07-May-20 20:45:42

Mine was a while ago but I cringe when I think of it! We have a security radio at work that we have to sign in and out of each day that links to all the other businesses in town so we can all hear if anyone has any problems etc. Picked it up at the end of a long shift to sign out, and instead of saying "hello security" I said "hey Google" in the special weird deep voice I reserve to get my Google home to actually listen to me put the radio down and just stared at it in horror. I literally couldn't say anything else through tears of cry laughter, even when poor security responded asking if all was ok, I has to ask my collegue blush

Namechangerextraordinaire1 Tue 12-May-20 13:19:01

This thread is brilliant.
When I was 17 I worked in a supermarket and if I was serving someone alcohol, because I was underage, I had to ask a colleague to ok it. The code was 66, so I would say to them "Can I have a 66 please?" And they would check the person looked 18 and agree or disagree. Well, of course one day it was going to happen, I loudly and confidently turned to the woman working behind me and asked "Can I have a 69 please?" Her face 😂😂 hilarious,but also mortfiying at the time.

Namechangerextraordinaire1 Tue 12-May-20 13:23:46

Oh and another from working in a supermarket. Different shop and I was about 19 at the time. I had 2 male managers who were pretty good looking and only a few years older than me. I had a bit of a crush on them both actually. They asked me to do something with a large box that was on a pallet next to them and I asked "so you want me to just pull it off then?" They both burst into laughter and said something along the lines of "well, there's a question..." I definitely blushed that time grin

BillBaileysBum Sun 31-May-20 00:31:28

This thread is really making me miss human interaction!

ifIwerenotanandroid Sun 31-May-20 00:47:16

OMG, the hissing & the slappy fart - I'm crying with laughter. Thank you, thank you!

ifIwerenotanandroid Sun 31-May-20 01:01:29

Oh, page 19 is a joy as well.

The mournful shirt one reminds me that I was only just saved from putting my foot in it once...

In the local supermarket, DH & I met a man we knew & he was looking a bit stressed. I asked him how he was & he said he'd just lost his wife. I composed my face into the right expression & was about to say, "I'm so sorry," when he spotted her in a nearby aisle.

And the 'back passage' one reminds me of an occasion at work, when the receptionist announced over the tannoy that there was a problem 'in the lower front bottom car park'.

oldbagface Tue 28-Jul-20 13:52:39

Coming back to read

VeganVeal Thu 17-Dec-20 15:34:08

A male friend of mine, dining alone in Germany asked the middle aged waitress for the menu in German, but instead of asking for the Speisekarte he ask her for Vorspiel (foreplay), she wasnt impressed!

cathyonthebloc Sat 19-Dec-20 21:40:44

SIS speech therapy? dyselxia?

cathyonthebloc Sat 19-Dec-20 21:41:52

a male friend? ;) wink

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in