Talk

Advanced search

I stormed off ineffectively

(237 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Justask Mon 27-Aug-18 14:10:22

I am totally BU.

On holiday and so drunk last night I tried to storm off but I couldn't work out how to leave the pool area of the hotel and just walked around the pool repeatedly, getting more cross with every circuit.

I am a total knob, please tell me IABU 😁

Justask Mon 27-Aug-18 14:45:02

I love that there are so many others who have also stormed off ineffectively! Beautiful

nakedscientist Mon 27-Aug-18 14:45:49

I tried to storm out of a meeting with my boss and a very rude colleague, but tripped over the bin and ended up flat on my face in the room with them both staring at me, horrified. angry

Mitzeeee Mon 27-Aug-18 14:46:06

It could have been worse, you could have snapped and farted. grin

FabulousTomatoes Mon 27-Aug-18 14:47:42

I attempted a drunken flounce once, in full daylight, from a bar terrace when I was a student. Unfortunately my foot got caught on the table leg of the couple next to us, and I dragged the table some distance before facepalming and spilling the woman’s drink onto her lap.

rebelrosie12 Mon 27-Aug-18 14:50:16

I'm crying with laughter at this thread!

MrsJayy Mon 27-Aug-18 14:50:22

Oh i tried storming off last year on holiday dh had pissed me off i thought i had walked off the terrace and went through another door back onto the coffee bar terrace Dh just smirked as i walked towards him bastard

StarTrekForMe Mon 27-Aug-18 14:51:49

I once stormed off from a pedalo by diving in an swimming away stroppily.

Unfortunately we were quite a long way from the shore and also the pedalo was much quicker then me. BF just slowly casually pedalled along next to me nonchalently smoking a cigarette and occasaionally saying "are you ready to get back in yet".

After about 15 mins swimming I gave up and to add insult to injury I couldn't get in and he had to haul me out of the water in a v undignified manner.

JennyHolzersGhost Mon 27-Aug-18 14:52:19

Friend of mine (NOT ME!) once flounced out of a shared flat into the communal hallway then found that the main front door needed a key to unlock it (very dangerous actually in fire safety terms, this was quite a long time ago, think it’s been changed since) and they were stuck in the hallway until someone came along and opened the main door gringringrin took about an hour for them to win their freedom - enough time to calm down and get embarrassed. Not enough time to get over their pride and knock on the door of the flat though !

Botanicbaby Mon 27-Aug-18 14:53:39

I’ve stormed off! Years ago when I lived far apart from DP I had enough of whatever it was that had upset me, left the house to walk to railway station which was miles away along an uneven country path wearing a pair of ridiculous heels. Had to traipse back with my tail between my legs holding my shoes and knock to be let in. When asked why he hadn’t come looking for me he said he knew I’d be back!! angry

EduCated Mon 27-Aug-18 14:54:54

As a teenager I stormed out of a house party (because they were nobs). Got to the end of the road and realised I’d left half a bottle of shit wine. I went and knocked on the door and asked for it back, then resumed my storming grin

MawkishTwaddle Mon 27-Aug-18 14:57:37

I once stormed off and got my cardi caught on the door handle, which catapulted me back into the room.

I had to storm off again. With my cardi hanging off.

Ratonastick Mon 27-Aug-18 15:00:54

I once flounced out of the pub in high dudgeon then had to go back for my coat. I kept my hose in the air but my look of disdain may have been ineffective the second time.

Justgivemesomepeace Mon 27-Aug-18 15:01:28

I stormed off once, from an exboyfriend who was a pub relief manager. I was unfamiliar with the bedroom and stormed right into a big oak wardrobe.

Ratonastick Mon 27-Aug-18 15:01:46

My nose, my nose! Not my hose!

FabulousTomatoes Mon 27-Aug-18 15:03:41

Mawkish grin

That’s reminded me of another one: the other week I got home with the teen dds in the car, they’d been rude so when I parked up I gave them a stern lecture, grabbed my handbag and attempted to make an impactful exit from the car. Unfortunately my handbag strap got caught on the gearstick so I kind of rebounded back into my seat. Of course they found it hilarious and everything i’d just said was promptly forgotten.

ReanimatedSGB Mon 27-Aug-18 15:07:16

DS' dad, with whom I had a long history before we became parents: we were once having a row about something (probably modern art or media) on the night bus. He got off the bus in a strop, but the traffic was so bad that he got back on again about 10 minutes later - though he wouldn't come and sit with me.

Blobbyweeble Mon 27-Aug-18 15:08:25

Reminds me of the quote from Diary of a Nobody
'I left the room with silent dignity, but caught my foot in the mat' grin grin

FuckMyUterus Mon 27-Aug-18 15:12:28

When me and my partner moved to a new home in his home town (20 odd miles from where I had lived all of my life), we had a blazing row and I stormed off, completely forgetting that I had no idea where I was going. I walked over a mile away and then had to ring him because it was dark, I had no Internet signal and had no idea where I was or how to get home.

Bastard was so smug when he got to me 😭

Huggybear16 Mon 27-Aug-18 15:14:45

He'd even seen himself coming and turned sideways to avoid himself

That is too funny grin

Isawthelight Mon 27-Aug-18 15:14:50

BF just slowly casually pedalled along next to me nonchalently smoking a cigarette and occasaionally saying "are you ready to get back in yet"

gringringrin Haha that's brilliant.

Somanymistakes Mon 27-Aug-18 15:16:34

Oh dear. I've done that before. Stormed off in the wrong direction.

You have two options.
Brazen it out
"Fuck off! I just want to sit here staring at this wall"

Or walk past them in the right direction and use the opportunity to hurl more expletives.

"Yeah? And you can fuck off some more actually"

Both are dignified and help to mend the hurt feelings and wrong doings and make you look cooler.
Honestly grin

ThatchersCold Mon 27-Aug-18 15:20:06

I remember when I was about 11 at school a girl stormed off and tried to slam the door behind her, but it was one of those heavy doors on a big hinge that close themselves slowly, so she was tugging away at it to no effect. Was amusing to watch.

TooTrueToBeGood Mon 27-Aug-18 15:24:03

Funniest for me was when our then teenage son stropped off in a huff at a shopping centre and promptly got himself stuck in the revolving doors. He was so angsted up he couldn't figure out that pushing them just made them jam for longer. The sight of us rolling on the floor laughing just wound him up even more.

TurtleCavalryIsSeriousShit Mon 27-Aug-18 15:24:30

Somanymistakes your advice is brilliant! Please tell us what else you've learned from your 'many mistakes'
grin

I'm loving this thread!

adaline Mon 27-Aug-18 15:31:04

My ex once stormed off and then realised he'd forgotten his keys and wallet and had to ring me to ask me to let him in. It was pouring outside.

Unfortunately I was suddenly taken with the urge to have a long hot soak in the bath 😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »