Talk

Advanced search

I stormed off ineffectively

(237 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Justask Mon 27-Aug-18 14:10:22

I am totally BU.

On holiday and so drunk last night I tried to storm off but I couldn't work out how to leave the pool area of the hotel and just walked around the pool repeatedly, getting more cross with every circuit.

I am a total knob, please tell me IABU 😁

GreatDuckCookery6211 Mon 27-Aug-18 14:12:11

Oh dear. Who were storming off from?

Porridgeprincess Mon 27-Aug-18 14:13:06

You were BU but it is a new day and hopefully all brushed under the carpet lol

NotUmbongoUnchained Mon 27-Aug-18 14:13:34

I stormed off from someone once and slipped over and twisted my knee grin

Justask Mon 27-Aug-18 14:16:57

I don't even know what I was storming off from or why I was cross.

I am a dickhead, but it is very funny!

InDubiousBattle Mon 27-Aug-18 14:18:14

Our family home when I was a teenager had these lovely, heavy solid wood doors. They looked great but they couldn't be slammed, in fact the harder you tried to slam them the slower they glided shut. I had many teenage tantrums end with me trying to slam the door, failing, trying again, failing again, then slowly pulling the door to about an inch from being shut, then slamming it. I was honestly such a knob.

GreatDuckCookery6211 Mon 27-Aug-18 14:18:34

At least you didn't end up IN the pool OP! wink

Justask Mon 27-Aug-18 14:21:30

I'm so glad it's not just me 😂

I deserved to fall in the pool but I didn't unfortunately!

GreatDuckCookery6211 Mon 27-Aug-18 14:21:54

grin

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Mon 27-Aug-18 14:22:12

Have to say the thought of you drunkenly circuiting the pool has made me chuckle... Never mind, chuck it in the fuck it bucket.

MurunBuchstansagur Mon 27-Aug-18 14:23:15

I tried to storm off OUT of a pool once. DH had splashed me. I loathe being splashed. So I tried to flounce. Unfortunately it turns out that it’s impossible to flounce effectively in water. It ends up too slow motion to be dramatic enough.

flowerythorns Mon 27-Aug-18 14:23:17

Oh god I can't stop laughing.

My mum tried to storm off from my dad after some mundane tiff. She had to go back for her handbag.

It makes me laugh every time I think about it.

cheesemongery Mon 27-Aug-18 14:24:37

Just the title made me laugh. YANU - you are a star - that is very funny grin knob.

Justask Mon 27-Aug-18 14:27:15

I actually can't stop laughing at myself.
I always knew I was a dickhead but I didn't realise I was that stupid. Now I know 😁

DianaTheHuntress Mon 27-Aug-18 14:27:16

grin murun

The slow motion flounce sound fucking hilarious. Sorry. I too hate being splashed!

AviatorShades Mon 27-Aug-18 14:27:48

gringringrin
..walked round and round the pool...laughing again!

FanciedAChangeToday Mon 27-Aug-18 14:31:50

My DSis stormed off from a neighbour who was being rude to our parents. Unfortunately her foot got caught in the front on her longish skirt and as she stepped forward it came down in full view of everyone grin now that was an exit to remember, I We still laugh about it years later

DisappearingGirl Mon 27-Aug-18 14:33:41

Hahaha. For any Arrested Development fans, this reminds me of Gob trying to throw the letter in the sea

happypoobum Mon 27-Aug-18 14:37:08

XH once stormed off straight into closed glass patio doors grin

crosstalk Mon 27-Aug-18 14:40:43

I was in a pub with a group of customers - who were slightly inebriated. One of them took exception to another and stormed off. Straight into the floor to ceiling mirrors. He'd even seen himself coming and turned sideways to avoid himself.

And much like the poolside OP couldn't get out of, one of my DGPs stormed out the house after a (not drunken) night time argument, got into the car and continued storming off on wheels. Only trouble - he was in the middle of the boondocks in a monsoon and there was literally nowhere (within 40 miles) to go. He apparently drove round the house in circles for ten minutes and came back shamefaced ....

TornFromTheInside Mon 27-Aug-18 14:42:26

There is nothing worse than storming off - and making a mess of it. It's so embarrassing.

Common ones are -

Forgot the car keys
Door was locked
Completely wrong clothing for 2 hour sulking walk
No money to go and get a coffee!

wanderings Mon 27-Aug-18 14:42:57

@MurunBuchstansagur Ah, but the flouncing effectively would come after getting out of the pool. All you need is a bucket, and an unsuspecting DH still in the pool. From the safety of the poolside you can make a run for it!

POPholditdown Mon 27-Aug-18 14:44:07

He'd even seen himself coming and turned sideways to avoid himself.

😂😂😭😭😭

I was lightly chuckling at the thread until I read this.

Emmageddon Mon 27-Aug-18 14:44:09

I stormed out the house once - unfortunately my dress got trapped in the door and I had to knock to get DH to set me free. Worst flounce ever.

SistersOfPercy Mon 27-Aug-18 14:44:09

I once left DH. I stormed out of the house with my suitcase, opened my boot to throw it in and realised it wouldn't fit in a Fiat 500.

Returned to the house rather sheepishly. Ended the argument as I was in bits laughing.

Justask Mon 27-Aug-18 14:45:02

I love that there are so many others who have also stormed off ineffectively! Beautiful

nakedscientist Mon 27-Aug-18 14:45:49

I tried to storm out of a meeting with my boss and a very rude colleague, but tripped over the bin and ended up flat on my face in the room with them both staring at me, horrified. angry

Mitzeeee Mon 27-Aug-18 14:46:06

It could have been worse, you could have snapped and farted. grin

FabulousTomatoes Mon 27-Aug-18 14:47:42

I attempted a drunken flounce once, in full daylight, from a bar terrace when I was a student. Unfortunately my foot got caught on the table leg of the couple next to us, and I dragged the table some distance before facepalming and spilling the woman’s drink onto her lap.

rebelrosie12 Mon 27-Aug-18 14:50:16

I'm crying with laughter at this thread!

MrsJayy Mon 27-Aug-18 14:50:22

Oh i tried storming off last year on holiday dh had pissed me off i thought i had walked off the terrace and went through another door back onto the coffee bar terrace Dh just smirked as i walked towards him bastard

StarTrekForMe Mon 27-Aug-18 14:51:49

I once stormed off from a pedalo by diving in an swimming away stroppily.

Unfortunately we were quite a long way from the shore and also the pedalo was much quicker then me. BF just slowly casually pedalled along next to me nonchalently smoking a cigarette and occasaionally saying "are you ready to get back in yet".

After about 15 mins swimming I gave up and to add insult to injury I couldn't get in and he had to haul me out of the water in a v undignified manner.

JennyHolzersGhost Mon 27-Aug-18 14:52:19

Friend of mine (NOT ME!) once flounced out of a shared flat into the communal hallway then found that the main front door needed a key to unlock it (very dangerous actually in fire safety terms, this was quite a long time ago, think it’s been changed since) and they were stuck in the hallway until someone came along and opened the main door gringringrin took about an hour for them to win their freedom - enough time to calm down and get embarrassed. Not enough time to get over their pride and knock on the door of the flat though !

Botanicbaby Mon 27-Aug-18 14:53:39

I’ve stormed off! Years ago when I lived far apart from DP I had enough of whatever it was that had upset me, left the house to walk to railway station which was miles away along an uneven country path wearing a pair of ridiculous heels. Had to traipse back with my tail between my legs holding my shoes and knock to be let in. When asked why he hadn’t come looking for me he said he knew I’d be back!! angry

EduCated Mon 27-Aug-18 14:54:54

As a teenager I stormed out of a house party (because they were nobs). Got to the end of the road and realised I’d left half a bottle of shit wine. I went and knocked on the door and asked for it back, then resumed my storming grin

MawkishTwaddle Mon 27-Aug-18 14:57:37

I once stormed off and got my cardi caught on the door handle, which catapulted me back into the room.

I had to storm off again. With my cardi hanging off.

Ratonastick Mon 27-Aug-18 15:00:54

I once flounced out of the pub in high dudgeon then had to go back for my coat. I kept my hose in the air but my look of disdain may have been ineffective the second time.

Justgivemesomepeace Mon 27-Aug-18 15:01:28

I stormed off once, from an exboyfriend who was a pub relief manager. I was unfamiliar with the bedroom and stormed right into a big oak wardrobe.

Ratonastick Mon 27-Aug-18 15:01:46

My nose, my nose! Not my hose!

FabulousTomatoes Mon 27-Aug-18 15:03:41

Mawkish grin

That’s reminded me of another one: the other week I got home with the teen dds in the car, they’d been rude so when I parked up I gave them a stern lecture, grabbed my handbag and attempted to make an impactful exit from the car. Unfortunately my handbag strap got caught on the gearstick so I kind of rebounded back into my seat. Of course they found it hilarious and everything i’d just said was promptly forgotten.

ReanimatedSGB Mon 27-Aug-18 15:07:16

DS' dad, with whom I had a long history before we became parents: we were once having a row about something (probably modern art or media) on the night bus. He got off the bus in a strop, but the traffic was so bad that he got back on again about 10 minutes later - though he wouldn't come and sit with me.

Blobbyweeble Mon 27-Aug-18 15:08:25

Reminds me of the quote from Diary of a Nobody
'I left the room with silent dignity, but caught my foot in the mat' grin grin

FuckMyUterus Mon 27-Aug-18 15:12:28

When me and my partner moved to a new home in his home town (20 odd miles from where I had lived all of my life), we had a blazing row and I stormed off, completely forgetting that I had no idea where I was going. I walked over a mile away and then had to ring him because it was dark, I had no Internet signal and had no idea where I was or how to get home.

Bastard was so smug when he got to me 😭

Huggybear16 Mon 27-Aug-18 15:14:45

He'd even seen himself coming and turned sideways to avoid himself

That is too funny grin

Isawthelight Mon 27-Aug-18 15:14:50

BF just slowly casually pedalled along next to me nonchalently smoking a cigarette and occasaionally saying "are you ready to get back in yet"

gringringrin Haha that's brilliant.

Somanymistakes Mon 27-Aug-18 15:16:34

Oh dear. I've done that before. Stormed off in the wrong direction.

You have two options.
Brazen it out
"Fuck off! I just want to sit here staring at this wall"

Or walk past them in the right direction and use the opportunity to hurl more expletives.

"Yeah? And you can fuck off some more actually"

Both are dignified and help to mend the hurt feelings and wrong doings and make you look cooler.
Honestly grin

ThatchersCold Mon 27-Aug-18 15:20:06

I remember when I was about 11 at school a girl stormed off and tried to slam the door behind her, but it was one of those heavy doors on a big hinge that close themselves slowly, so she was tugging away at it to no effect. Was amusing to watch.

TooTrueToBeGood Mon 27-Aug-18 15:24:03

Funniest for me was when our then teenage son stropped off in a huff at a shopping centre and promptly got himself stuck in the revolving doors. He was so angsted up he couldn't figure out that pushing them just made them jam for longer. The sight of us rolling on the floor laughing just wound him up even more.

TurtleCavalryIsSeriousShit Mon 27-Aug-18 15:24:30

Somanymistakes your advice is brilliant! Please tell us what else you've learned from your 'many mistakes'
grin

I'm loving this thread!

adaline Mon 27-Aug-18 15:31:04

My ex once stormed off and then realised he'd forgotten his keys and wallet and had to ring me to ask me to let him in. It was pouring outside.

Unfortunately I was suddenly taken with the urge to have a long hot soak in the bath 😂

Beaverhausen Mon 27-Aug-18 15:31:53

Oh lawd that is so funny lol

Tupperwarelid Mon 27-Aug-18 15:35:42

I stormed off once after an argument with DH. Remembered the car keys but forgot my bag, phone, purse etc. Started to drive off but the petrol warning light came on so I had to park up round the corner from our house and then drive home sheepishly not long after.

Lweji Mon 27-Aug-18 15:35:44

I once stormed off MIL's home (because of exH..., not MIL) but then the outside gate was closed. blush

Although, I didn't get to the blush phase, as I was only annoyed and would have waited until someone came out or jump the fence. ExH showed up shortly after.

Still...

HomerDancing Mon 27-Aug-18 15:36:04

This thread is hilarious!

grin

MrsJayy Mon 27-Aug-18 15:39:50

Late Mil was a challange we had a disagreement about dh not visiting her everytime she phoned anyway i got up flounced out the door of my own house 😂

LakieLady Mon 27-Aug-18 15:45:03

I once tried to storm off while camping. It was most unsatisfactory.

You can't really "storm" through a door with a fiddly zip, and you can't slam it, either.

MrsJayy Mon 27-Aug-18 15:46:54

Camping flounce 😁

TornFromTheInside Mon 27-Aug-18 15:51:53

A camping flounce is when you skip off into the distance instead of walk!

DollyWilde Mon 27-Aug-18 15:54:32

This thread is killing me grin 😂😭

NorthernKnickers Mon 27-Aug-18 15:54:48

I flounced once in London (major busy shopping street) after a having a bit of a strop on with my ex...I did a smart 180 turn and marched straight into a concrete bollard, knocking myself unconscious! 😳 Ex had 'ex-ited' stage left, and I was flat on my back in that there London!! Not my finest flounce 😢🙄

Missingstreetlife Mon 27-Aug-18 15:56:55

Stormed out of room full of people, turned around, twisted my ankle, landed flat on my arse. Laughter and applause. They bought me a pint though

amusedbush Mon 27-Aug-18 15:59:26

Last week DH really annoyed me and after a short row I flounced out of the living room, huffing and puffing about how he was being an arse. I came sloping back in less than a minute later because there was a massive spider in the bathroom and I needed him to deal with it blush

MrsSarahSiddons Mon 27-Aug-18 16:01:40

At least you didn't storm off the back of a moving ship.

Topseyt Mon 27-Aug-18 16:03:44

DH once tried to storm off to his study in our last house, slamming the door behind him. It was a sliding door. It came half off its runners and jammed shut, with him inside. He couldn't get out and had to plead with me to try and help him.

He would admit now that it was a very ineffectual storming off, and I was so busy pissing myself laughing that it took me ages to hook it back into position.

Neither of us even remember what the argument had been about, just him slamming the study door and becoming marooned in there.

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Mon 27-Aug-18 16:04:07

I once flounced from a party, into the snow. Only no one had noticed I'd gone. I slunk back in after a minute or two with a little pyramid of snow on my head...Then they noticed me.

pierpressure Mon 27-Aug-18 16:05:38

Sarah, well I thought it was very funny !

Stupomax Mon 27-Aug-18 16:08:28

I stormed out of my parents' house shouting that I was going home and would never come back.

My car wouldn't start...

FASH84 Mon 27-Aug-18 16:10:11

As a teen I flounced off from DM in central London, had my own ticket knew how to get home without her. Got back to the mainline terminal, ran to catch the train just as it was due to depart, jumped on feeling smug, only it was then delayed so I just sat there, until she got onto exactly the same carriage 45 minutes later with a coffee and a very nice looking pastry (she did give me the pastry)

ajandjjmum Mon 27-Aug-18 16:13:04

Slightly different, but when I was about 7 I ran away from home - only to come back 10 minutes later because I'd missed the bus!

angelicanto Mon 27-Aug-18 16:15:47

😂

Once when I was about 13 I was pissed off at my parents so I decided to "run away from home".....

This involved going next door to the church hall and hiding in a cupboard. It was open because my grandad was there painting it, although he didn't realise I was there....

After being bored there for a few hours I went back home and no one had actually realised I'd gone blush

UpstartCrow Mon 27-Aug-18 16:16:41

I fell over in the kitchen this morning, caused a landslide with the washing up jenga pile, had an immense tantrum, shouted 'everything is shit' and broke the cheese grater.
Got up, banged my head on the cupboard and the cooker and found I had cut my finger. Bent down to wipe up the blood and banged my fucking head on the bastardly cooker again.

In my defense I've had D&V for 48 hours and may be a bit light headed.

DSHathawayGivesMeFannyGallops Mon 27-Aug-18 16:20:26

I stormed off out of a classroom at school once and slammed the door so hard behind me that a strip light fell off the ceiling! Even more sadly; it just missed the utter cow bag class bully who had been sat underneath!

Parents at my primary school getting divorced. He'd turned up at the house , they'd had a row, he stormed out & got in his car. She followed him to the door & used her remote beeper to shut the gates on his bmw as he went through!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe2726 Mon 27-Aug-18 16:27:29

MawkishTwaddle that is too funny. I've got my sleeves caught on knobs before but didn't manage to catapult myself. I will have to try harder. grin

viques Mon 27-Aug-18 16:29:07

I left a ring at a jewellers to be resized and it took weeks for them to get back to me, I phoned them up one morning all prepared to let loose about their inefficiency and their collective resemblance to very dim slugs- in a dignified and ladylike manner of course - to be told " oh hello viques, we've just sent you an email, your ring is ready to be collected".

SentToTheSynByn Mon 27-Aug-18 16:29:32

When my dc became teenagers we redecorated their rooms. Ds chose a lovely thick carpet, but it meant that the door couldn't be slammed. So funny watching him storm into his bedroom and try to slam the door - calmed me down every time we had a disagreement.

burdog Mon 27-Aug-18 16:37:55

We had a girl at secondary school who was an epic flouncer. Everyone knew because she'd always fluff it up. One day she pushed her chair back and knocked a table over and on a memorable occasion she stormed out and got her blazer pocket caught on the door handle. I don't even remember her name lol.

JynxaSmoochum Mon 27-Aug-18 16:39:03

After a series of misdemenours I got to the point where I had to send a teenaged pupil off to a buddy room. He didn't take it well, tried to argue it, grudingly conceded defeat under threat of higher sanction and attempted to storm off through the classroom door shouting "I don't need Geography anyway!"

10 seconds later, he stuck his head through the door and sheepishly asked "Where is room x?"

The irony was not lost on me or the rest of the class as we all fell about laughing. grin

AspieHere Mon 27-Aug-18 16:46:45

Have nothing to add but these are hilarious. I'm loving your drunken flounce around the pool OP.

Paddley Mon 27-Aug-18 16:47:08

In laws visited our new house and can't remember why but FIL stormed off home. Trouble was he went out the back door, we let him wander round the garden for ten minutes and then fetched him in, gave him a whisky and he couldn't even remember that he'd stormed off in the first place. Loved that man.

goforkyourself Mon 27-Aug-18 16:50:02

On holiday with my twatty ex years ago, he accused me of texting other guys hmm and stormed out on to the balcony, slamming the sliding door really hard behind him. I just shrugged and went out for a wander round the town by myself.

Returned to the apartment three hours later to find him trapped on the balcony as he'd slammed the door so hard it'd locked behind him grin To add insult to injury he was just wearing his boxers and there was no shade so he was burnt to a crisp; it still makes me giggle when I remember his stupid lobster face pressed up against the window gringringrin

Anyonewhoknows Mon 27-Aug-18 16:50:14

Went to a kids football tournament once so all kids and families were camping over. One of the evenings we all had a bit to drink and 2 of the dads started a discussion about politics. They were both getting more and more wound up until one of them stormed off to his tent and tried to slam the tent door grin to be fair he found it funny too and it lightened the mood!

IfyouseeRitaMoreno Mon 27-Aug-18 16:51:55

I stormed off once when I was 4. I packed my red riding hood suitcase and set off to live with my grandparents in London.

Got to the end of the road and realised there was no signage to London. Sat in a bush for a while, eating the crisps and sweets I’d packed for my journey whilst I mulled over this problem of not knowing which way was London.

Then I realised I’d eaten all my supplies and that I’d probably starve by the time I got there.

Told myself I might have to postpone my London plans for a while and that living with my bossy parents was preferable to living in a bush.

So I went home and slipped back in unnoticed.

Years later my parents told me they’d been following me all the time and pissing themselves laughing.

Flooffloof Mon 27-Aug-18 16:55:03

Ooh I have flounced out the house it was miserable cold, and all I had on was a cardigan or jumper, with shorts. I sodding froze almost on my epic walk. Still kept walking though.
Also once many years ago, had argument in the car, told driver to stop and I would bloody walk home. I was in a big coat, but high heeled shoes, it was about 5 miles to get home. I never had a row in the car again.

whywhywhywhywhyyy Mon 27-Aug-18 16:55:18

Could have been worse, you could have fallen in the pool!

I'm rather boring and have stormed out a door one way, only to have found it was a dead end and then stormed back through the room again to go the other way.

Loyaultemelie Mon 27-Aug-18 17:07:18

I flounced out of the front door after a teenage argument with DM, informing her I didn't need to listen to her I was going to live with Nanny (her own DM) because she understood me. After slamming the door I realised the flaw in this plan was we were actually at my DGMs house blush

stevie69 Mon 27-Aug-18 17:11:37

Hey, we've all been there. You know ...... tried to storm out and headed straight into the broom cupboard blush

Flounces require careful planning and orchestration grin And long hair that you can toss in an 'I don't give a fuck' type of manner. I have no hair!

EnglishRose13 Mon 27-Aug-18 17:18:19

I had a drunken row with my brother in the smoking area of a pub. I tried to storm off but couldn't open the door to go back inside so just burst out laughing. He had to open it for me.

HateIsNotGood Mon 27-Aug-18 17:19:44

Haven't read the full thread but "I always knew I was a dickhead but I didn't realise I was that stupid. Now I know"

One of the best Posts I've ever read.

Some people actually go through life not realizing that we are all dickheads in our own way, and they never reconcile their own lives with their own dickheadedness - only believing that everyone else is a dickhead.

It's a rite of passage in personal growth - realizing our own demonstrable capacity for dickheadedness.

You go OP.

FabulousTomatoes Mon 27-Aug-18 17:20:53

RitaMoreno I did similar! Packed my little red case too (I put in dental floss and a cuddly snake) and announced that I was leaving home. Sat on the bench at the end of the road for some time before deciding that it was rather boring and that I was hungry. My parents later told me that they kept popping out to check me and when I sheepishly slipped back home they pretended that they hadn’t noticed!

AlexDrake1981 Mon 27-Aug-18 17:23:34

I’m crying 😂😂😂

MrHoolieswaistcoat Mon 27-Aug-18 17:34:45

The best flounce I ever saw was at a baby and toddler group. There was a dad who attended regularly who told everyone who would listen that he was an ‘experimental musician’ (which seems to involve playing notes in the wrong order) and would sing the songs at the end in a really menacing manor.
One day, the woman who ran the group took him to one side and tactfully asked him to sing a bit more quietly as it was frightening some of the children (and the other parents).
He told her that she was singling him out because he was the only male there and was going to make a complaint about sex discrimination and then proceeded to storm off only to sheepishly return 10 minutes later as he’d forgotten to take his baby.

Cocolepew Mon 27-Aug-18 17:36:18

I tried to flounce in a pub, I pushed my seat back and it caught on the carpet and I ended up going backwards, still in it.
To add insult to injury I had a pint of cider and black in my hand and ended up drenched.

leghairdontcare Mon 27-Aug-18 17:38:06

I stormed out of the office last week. There was nobody else there but it made me feel better.

FabulousTomatoes Mon 27-Aug-18 17:38:11

MrHoolies that is hilarious, I would have loved to have seen that 😂

twoshedsjackson Mon 27-Aug-18 17:38:46

Two of my class decided to pay me back for having the temerity to restrain their youthful high spirits, by sneaking back behind my back into the classroom as I sent the class out for lunch. There was a large cupboard just inside the door, where they planned to lurk until they could wreak their revenge.
I genuinely didn't spot them.
I locked the door (with the only key to the room, as our beloved Head had lost the other one.....) and went off to fit in a lunchtime supermarket trip, timing my return for 10 minutes before afternoon registration. Apparently the rest of the staff were (almost) sympathetic to the two stricken little faces peering through the glass panel. No real harm done, except that, by the time I got back for afternoon lessons, lunch had been cleared away. Not quite a flounce, I know, but the intention to make an impression was there.

JustBeenNosey Mon 27-Aug-18 17:40:04

I do this when I'm pissed all the time.. don't worry about it 😂😂😂

JaretsGirlfren Mon 27-Aug-18 17:40:58

Not me! But I had to meet with twatty ExH to discuss stuff relating to DD. We decided on a coffee shop to keep things neautral (and because I knew he wouldn’t get as nasty in public) it got a little heated and he stood up and stormed out and then stormed back in as he decided he wasn’t finished yet. Five minutes later he decided he actually was finished, snapped ‘you’ll be hearing from my solicitor!’ And fell straight over a rogue high chair.
This is one of my happier memories of him! grin

Knittedfairies Mon 27-Aug-18 17:48:49

A friend’s daughter once slammed her bedroom door so hard that a mirror fell off the neighbour’s bathroom wall. She was an epic door-slammer....

JustHereForThePooStories Mon 27-Aug-18 17:52:07

My SIL had an argument with her (now ex) childminder. After numerous incidents where SIL was unhappy with how poorly her children were being supervised and looked after, she had it out with the CM.

Words were exchanged and SIL stormed out, only to get to her car and realise she’d have to go back in because she’d forgotten her kids.

Mosret Mon 27-Aug-18 17:52:56

When you have argument with DH but newborn is finally asleep so you storm out of the room- on tiptoe- and then swing the door in a slam like motion -but actually catch it and close it really really quietlyconfused

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »