Talk

Advanced search

People keep having sex in my hedge...

(908 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

eurgh Mon 25-Jun-18 17:00:14

I guess it's more of a WWYD as I know I'm NBU but every few nights people (I assume the same two) keep having sex in the hedge which divides my back garden from the road behind. It's pretty brazen because there's no real cover to hide under!
Every few nights I'll be out sitting with my new rescue dog and letting her potter about and I'll hear my hedge making groany sex noises. I'm so tempted to cough loudly or say something but for some reason I just keep quiet and feel weird listening to other people's sex noises!
So I guess more for fun, I ask you, what would you do?

Windmyonlyfriend Mon 25-Jun-18 17:09:14

Creep up close to the hedge on your side and start making sex noises back at them. If they stop, you stop. If they start again, so do you.

I’ve done that to noisy neighbours before. Puts them right off their stride.

Sirzy Mon 25-Jun-18 17:09:26

Motion activated light focused on the hedge?

AForegoneConclusion Mon 25-Jun-18 17:09:41

Sprinkler, megaphone and flood light! Think one of those huge torches you use for industrial use if you can find one to borrow. Wait for it to get going and fire up the sprinkler, whack on the torch and start making announcements. Video it obviously.

LighthouseSouth Mon 25-Jun-18 17:10:20

I would just shout "hey, you have as much sex as you want - but not on my property".

JoanofSarc Mon 25-Jun-18 17:11:54

Surely David Bellamy rather than David Attenborough for this particular documentary? wink

eurgh Mon 25-Jun-18 17:11:57

To be fair they are not ON my property they are right the other side on the next residential street!
I haven't lived here long so no hose as yet - may invest soon!

AornisHades Mon 25-Jun-18 17:12:14

Balance an open tin of paint above their 'spot'.

Storm4star Mon 25-Jun-18 17:13:21

Don't have any advice to offer but you should definitely win the "best thread title" award grin

Actually, technically, sex in a public place is an offence and I did once see two people prosecuted for it. What was really funny, is one pleaded guilty, one pleaded not guilty confused

So I would say that if it is making you feel uncomfortable then you should say something, or make a noise to let them know you're there.

SilverDragonfly1 Mon 25-Jun-18 17:13:28

Uninstall the johnny machine.

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Mon 25-Jun-18 17:14:14

Shout loudly that you hope they are using a condom and would they like a poo bag to wrap it up and take it home??

eurgh Mon 25-Jun-18 17:14:23

@JoanofSarc that made me laugh - maybe I should just stick my arms through the hedge and really freak them out - it usually happens anywhere between dusk and midnight

THEsonofaBITCH Mon 25-Jun-18 17:14:45

I can’t imagine why you haven’t!! just tell them to fuck off
But that's why OP is here, that's apparently what they are doing! grin
I agree, get the hose out and water the hedge!

IreneWinters Mon 25-Jun-18 17:14:59

Pour some honey on the ground to attract ants.

Peg a large grey pair of granny pants or old y fronts full of holes to the bush with a note saying they left these last night and would they mind being a little louder tonight because you can't quite hear them from the patio?

Take a deckchair down and sit next to the bush with a video camera and professional looking lighting.

AsAProfessionalFekko Mon 25-Jun-18 17:15:54

Plant some holly or something thorny?

WigglyBlossom Mon 25-Jun-18 17:16:51

No hose? Bucket of water then. With ice in it grin

eurgh Mon 25-Jun-18 17:17:16

Haha to be honest I'm not all that bothered I've just never had this sort of situation before. I would be hesitant to say anything really as some of the people nearby aren't the nicest and without knowing who is doing the nasty I might make life a bit harder for myself.
If I was really bothered I would report - I just thought it would be entertaining to see how others would deal with it as I'm a bit of a self confessed weirdo

MrsFoxPlus4 Mon 25-Jun-18 17:17:39

Super soaker and water balloons

Ginkypig Mon 25-Jun-18 17:18:02

Could it be sex workers.

One of the last places I lived the stairs and lobby of the flats used to used quite regularly by sex workers, it was in the "red light" district of the city.

sleepingdragons Mon 25-Jun-18 17:18:13

Your response might depend on who's doing it.

Is it teenagers? Or prostitutes & "clients" AKA arseholes? Or drunk people from a local venue? Doggers?

Sharkwithknees Mon 25-Jun-18 17:18:14

A loud alarm in the hedge, that you can activate remotely grin

GeorgeTheHippo Mon 25-Jun-18 17:19:16

Definitely water the hedge

GardenGeek Mon 25-Jun-18 17:19:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Topseyt Mon 25-Jun-18 17:20:07

Get a hose as a matter of urgency.

I would make sure I was out watering the garden when they started and then, oops, suddenly manage to "misdirect" my hose over/through the hedge onto them. Better still if you have a kärcher jetwash.

GardenGeek Mon 25-Jun-18 17:20:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoNotheresnolyrics Mon 25-Jun-18 17:21:00

Can we have a diagram please?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »