Talk

Advanced search

Page 36 | Embarrassed by boyfriend

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

DogDmor Thu 14-Jun-18 13:01:34

Been seeing someone for around 3 months. We get in we'll but he's quirky, which is fine - well I thought it was. Sometimes I'm starting to think he's just plain odd.

He's overweight and said he wanted to get fitter so I suggested he come along to my karate class. He did and I ended up mortified. He wore scruffy old jogging suit bottoms with paint on them and a massive baggy t-shirt with Harry Potter on. Whenever instructor showed him something he giggled. Instructor is hard arse, old school - I've known him for years and knew he was going to react badly. After 3 or so giggling moments and DB stood in weird positions and flapping his arms around like a little girl instructor said "what are you giggling at? Are you a girl or what? Do you have something wrong with you?". Everyone was looking. DB started stuttering and instructor carried on with "you know this is karate and not ballet don't you? Are you in the wrong class?". DBs face went bright red. I was mortified and just wanted to hide. Another female instructor said "alright, it's his first day" so instructor said "but what's he giggling at?". Anyway later on instructor came over to me and said "where the hell did you find him? Is he one of your patients or something?" I was so embarrassed I just said "he's a neighbour".

After the class I asked DB why he kept laughing. I'd warned him beforehand about the instructor. He replied "it was funny, I thought I looked silly!" So I said "you did, why did you act like that? It's a class full of martial artists, nobody else was acting like that" do he looked embarrassed and said "I don't know" so I said he shouldn't come again as instructor will have it in for him now. He got upset and said "but I like spending time with you" so I snapped and farted and said "well you embarrassed me, I've been going there for years and now I don't want to go back because of you, find your own hobby".

Anyway this isn't an isolated incident, a couple of weeks ago he embarrassed me in a cafe shouting and making a scene. In private we get on really well but in private he mortifies me.

He still wants to come to karate with me tonight. AIBU to tell him I don't want him there?

OP’s posts: |
honeylane Fri 12-Apr-19 21:48:57

Noooooooo why did someone revive this thread I though dogdmor had come back out of hiding!!!!!

AloneLonelyLoner Fri 12-Apr-19 22:27:48

Dang. I forgot this one. This is top notch. Huzzah for classic snap and fart routines.

kb1992 Sun 20-Oct-19 19:35:33

How have I just discovered this thread. I am absolutely howling with genuine tears 🤣🤣🤣

Thisishowwesurvive Mon 21-Oct-19 00:14:20

Snapped and farted gringrin

You're an odd one op

JavaQ Sat 02-Nov-19 16:51:07

Every time someone repeats 'snapped and farted' another sexist karate instructor dies grin

Mrsmummy90 Wed 20-Nov-19 00:18:19

Shaking with laughter from 'snapped and farted'!! 🤣 trying not to wake dh or dd

GoodDogBellaBoo Thu 02-Jan-20 19:30:21

Still laughing at ’Snapped and farted’. Op please update us!!

JoyDivisionOvenGlovesx Fri 30-Oct-20 11:15:40

Gawd, snapped and farted still makes me laugh so much.

I thankfully saw it ‘live’. For the OP to just casually throw that little nugget in there, lovely.

Just the first few pages though really, then it goes off a bit.

Let him go, you both are not compatible. Your instructor sounds like an arse and you sound quiet mean

Maddison12 Sun 14-Feb-21 15:38:11

Zombie thread.
Why have you resurrected snapped and farted?😂

Chanandlerbong01 Sun 14-Feb-21 15:55:59

I would love an update on this! If OP wasn’t a troll I hope he dumped her and farted as he walked off into the distance to you’re the best.

Bralessandfree Sun 14-Feb-21 16:35:03

So this is where snapped and farted came from! Now I feel in the loop. Hooray.

I was confused by people going to karate lessons until I saw the date on it. confused

TheCatThatGotTheCream Sun 14-Feb-21 16:41:22

How embarrassing. I couldn't stay with a man who acted like this.

TheCatThatGotTheCream Sun 14-Feb-21 16:43:45

Haha just noticed how old this thread is! But I would like an update as to whether her and lover boy are still together!

NotReallyTheVicar Sun 14-Feb-21 17:14:33

Maddison12

Zombie thread.
Why have you resurrected snapped and farted?😂

Because someone has mentioned it on a new post about amusing threads.

Boardeduplife Sun 14-Feb-21 17:26:54

I’d be more worried about the disgusting attitude of the instructor, who clearly shouldn’t be teaching anyone anything.

Hawkins001 Mon 15-Feb-21 02:33:07

Not sure what to suggest op, although if you like each other, then all the best, as for karate, wax on wax off.

PeggyHill Mon 15-Feb-21 02:37:50

Ah, I always wondered where snapped and started came from! Now I know

PeggyHill Mon 15-Feb-21 02:38:29

Apparently my phone doesn't like the word farted...

katy1213 Mon 15-Feb-21 02:50:14

Well, I'd tell him I didn't want him there. Why does a grown man think it's funny, playing the fool and wasting the class's time and the instructor's? Might give him one last chance - not at karate, though - but if he plays the overgrown schoolboy again, he'd be out. Not amusing and very unattractive.

katy1213 Mon 15-Feb-21 02:51:41

Oh dear, didn't notice how old this was - don't suppose they lived happily ever after.

Dasher789 Mon 15-Feb-21 03:01:32

Also struggling to get passed snapped and farted and can't figure out the typo so assuming this happened grin

I do feel for your db. I go to the gym in giant paint covered t-shirts that I have gotten free over the years from random work exhibitions. I no i will look a state after my workout so I don't see the point in trying to make an effort...

Also a few years ago, I had not been the gym for years and I went to a circuit class. I was really struggling and kept stopping for breath but once I caught it, I'd persevere. Mid way through the class the PT came over and said if I was finding it too tough I was welcome to leave. It was only a small class and I didn't no a sole there. I was mortified and said OK and left. It had taken me quite a lot to go to the class in the first place and I had been struggling but definitely doing my best. The only way I was going to get fitter was to push myself so i really think the PT was massively in the wrong to make me feel like he did. I feel like your PT basically did the same to your DB.

That being said, if you are embarrassed by DB then you should break up with him for both of your sake.

Dasher789 Mon 15-Feb-21 03:03:01

Just realised this is a resurrected thread. blush

Hawkins001 Mon 15-Feb-21 03:31:29

Holy smokes, just realised how old the thread is. Any updates ?

JollyGreenGiantess Mon 15-Feb-21 07:03:59

This is where ‘snapped and farted’ came from 😂😂😂😂😂
I used to see it as a username and wonder wtf

This thread is not accepting new messages.