Talk

Advanced search

Bereavement of mumsnetter Catthiefkeith

(987 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

slithytove Fri 18-Aug-17 20:05:30

I don't know if this is the right thing to do, and I'm so sorry if not.

catthiefkeith passed away today.

I know there are mumsnetters who know her know how amazing she is, and I just wanted to raise a glass to her memory on here, where she brought a smile to so many faces with her stories of her mad life.

Rest in peace lovely lady.

PerspicaciaTick Mon 04-Dec-17 01:52:24

It seems that MNHQ have followed up on Bloomed's suggestion - this year's MN Christmas Appeal is raising funds for the Meningitis Research Foundation.
I'm posting a link, in case you haven' already spotted the sticky at the top of Active.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/3101686-the-mumsnet-christmas-appeal-let-s-raise-some-money-for-the-meningitis-research-foundation?dod=1

KnottyAndPistey Wed 11-Oct-17 16:03:55

I hope this is ok to post here, but the idea of a Woolly Hug came up several times on this thread, we are so pleased to say CTK's DH has accepted it and we are starting today. All help very warmly received, if you would like to join us, we are over here... Thank you xxxxx

SeaEagleFeather Sat 09-Sep-17 10:43:24

Oh jesus, just seen this. So sorry to read it. Unbelievable. Her poor daughter, I hope she has loving family who can be there for her and tell her about her mum.

Ah, shit

flowers

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Sat 09-Sep-17 09:31:53

Only just seen this - totally shocked. I had the pleasure of meeting her at a couple of the meet ups and she was so funny and kind.
What a loss. So sad for her family.
Hope you have a large beer waiting for you CTK flowers 🍻

Bejazzled Sat 09-Sep-17 09:22:29

Only just heard about this. I'm so sorry about the loss of this lovely woman.

WellErrr Sat 09-Sep-17 07:57:35

Awful news sad

RIP CTK flowers

Greenifer Fri 08-Sep-17 13:40:15

This is just awful. I had no idea. So very sorry for all her friends and family.

ChippingInLovesWoollyHugs Fri 08-Sep-17 11:05:33

A little bump for those who still may not have seen it.

I still can't believe it.

2017SoFarSoGood Sun 03-Sep-17 21:39:49

If not to late please add my name. Also happy to chip in. Still can't get my head around it.

CanIBuffalo Sun 03-Sep-17 11:36:50

Meningitis is VFU if you ask me.
So sad.

QOD Sun 03-Sep-17 10:06:26

£1235 has been donated on the just giving I donated to - link removed now as outing but thought I'd let you know

YABU CTK 😿

forCtk Sat 02-Sep-17 22:28:24

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kerry-cousins2forcatthiefkeith?newPage=True

Would love to raise money for Cat

kitkatspiderrat Sat 02-Sep-17 18:38:27

really sorry to hear this news, i loved reading her posts. she was so funny.
if anyone can link to her threads it would be much appreciated

derxa Sat 02-Sep-17 18:21:43

KnottyAndPistey i always tear up when I see your posts. You are among the better ones as DS likes to say. grin

Flumplet Sat 02-Sep-17 18:16:40

I'm so gutted by this. Keith and I had such fun one rainy afternoon prank calling her boss. She was a diamond and I'll really miss her.

PacificDogwod Sat 02-Sep-17 15:42:55

MrsKoala, you are a genius! smile

I'd be honoured to be added too.

SavoyCabbage Sat 02-Sep-17 15:08:42

I just laughed at the YANBU flowers idea. Perfect.

KnottyAndPistey Sat 02-Sep-17 10:26:03

Morning, re the Woolly Hug, we really hope so - we will be writing to CTK's DH via Facebook to offer, this was partly why we just wanted to find out when her funeral was taking place sad

Planning to write over the weekend, lovely @slithytove is going to be helping us contact him.

MrsKoala Sat 02-Sep-17 07:26:52

Will add you all, thanks.

Here is the flowers thread if anyone wants to add a little message i'm happy to attach that as well.

Feeling sad. Been putting it off. sad

derxa Sat 02-Sep-17 05:21:39

Please add my name MrsK

mineofuselessinformation Fri 01-Sep-17 23:21:10

That's a lovely idea, MrsK.
Please add mine.

MyPatronusIsAUnicorn Fri 01-Sep-17 23:13:33

I'm sure there will be many names on there MrsKoala, a lovely idea and will show just how many posters she touched/amused over the years. Truely a poster in a million. I remember her saying her life wasn't that exciting. Nonsense of course, she always had a brilliant story to tell.

Catzpyjamas Fri 01-Sep-17 21:50:13

That's a good idea MrsKoala flowers

MrsKoala Fri 01-Sep-17 18:34:13

I'm going to order some flowers and take them to the funeral. If anyone wants me to add their mn name I'm going to start a thread and just post on there and I'll add you.

I think I'll get YANBU in letters but if anyone has any better ideas please let me know.

I've already had some pm's so will add those names too of course.

derxa Thu 31-Aug-17 20:11:25

I will say this I think that MNHQ email round up for CTK was pathetic.
Sorry I can't knit or crochet or I'd donate in a heartbeat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »