Talk

Advanced search

Bereavement of mumsnetter Catthiefkeith

(987 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

slithytove Fri 18-Aug-17 20:05:30

I don't know if this is the right thing to do, and I'm so sorry if not.

catthiefkeith passed away today.

I know there are mumsnetters who know her know how amazing she is, and I just wanted to raise a glass to her memory on here, where she brought a smile to so many faces with her stories of her mad life.

Rest in peace lovely lady.

JustMumNowNotMe Fri 18-Aug-17 20:16:17

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry to hear this. Such a warm, sunny woman who's posts never failed to amuse me. My heart goes out to her husband and daughter 💜

HelenaDove Fri 18-Aug-17 20:16:49

Oh im so so sorry to hear this. My condolences to her DH family and friends. sad thanks

dementedma Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:24

No! Is this the lady who was trapped in the tent overnight and who slept on the balcony with the scabby cat? So funny and so vibrant.

MooPointCowsOpinion Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:26

Oh god how awful. Huge condolences to you slithytove, I'm so sorry you've lost a dear friend.

She was a fantastic poster, really funny and joyful, someone I always recognised when commenting. I don't know how any family can move past such a loss, her poor husband and children.

Penfold007 Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:28

Rest in peace CatThiefKeith and to all her family and friends I am so very sorry for your loss.

Rocksyluv Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:32

That is so tragic. She always had such funny things happen to her and was so articulate when relaying them.

So sorry to hear, condolences to her family.

marriednotdead Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:37

So shocked to read this sad
I last saw CTK at a London meetup, a very witty and fun lady with a heart of gold.
My condolences to her family, DH and her young DD flowers

Gunpowder Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:40

That's so sad. What a funny, lovely poster. I bet she was cool IRL. flowers to her family and friends.

Nicknacky Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:41

I am so sorry to read this, how utterly tragic. My heart goes out to all her family and friends x

CarolinePenvenen Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:53

Oh my god, I can’t believe it. How awful. Her poor family sadflowers

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:53

I got to meet her a few times IRL (meet ups) and she was just as funny and charming and down to earth and lovely as she was on here.

Life is so unfair it sucks.

theclockticksslowly Fri 18-Aug-17 20:17:59

There's not many posters whose usernames I take notice of but I always noticed and enjoyed reading catthiefkeith's posts and threads. A lot of the most memorable threads are hers. I never knew her personally but always felt she'd be fun to be around. Genuinely saddened to hear this. Thoughts are with her family and friends. flowers

Silverthorn Fri 18-Aug-17 20:18:44

sadflowers

MsAwesomeDragon Fri 18-Aug-17 20:18:59

I'm so sorry. RIP lovely lady. flowers

Minniemagoo Fri 18-Aug-17 20:19:04

Oh thats awful news. A huge loss to so many people.
Her poor family.
She seemed such a unique crackers lovely person. wine

DeathByMascara Fri 18-Aug-17 20:19:08

Oh my God, I'm so shocked and saddened to read this! She wasn't a friend, but I loved reading her posts, I knew I was going to enjoy a story when I saw she was telling it.

Heartfelt condolences to her family. Absolutely devastating flowers

BumWad Fri 18-Aug-17 20:19:10

RIP Cat sadflowers

Rinkydinkypink Fri 18-Aug-17 20:19:24

Very sad. Life can be such a cruel bastard. RIP. Thoughts with her friends and family.

HelsinkiLights Fri 18-Aug-17 20:19:41

That's so sad. I remember her thread about the next door neighbour & the candles, it was hilarious.
Poor Catthiefkeith & her family.

MrsKoala Fri 18-Aug-17 20:19:51

I know Slithy. She'd call me up and we'd pour a glass of wine and have a laugh. We'd been meaning to do something for my birthday and i kept putting it off. I'm sucha twat. I wish i could see her once more and tell her how much her friendship meant to me. Idon't think she knew how special she was.

Lissette Fri 18-Aug-17 20:20:24

I'm so sorry to hear this sad

slithytove Fri 18-Aug-17 20:20:52

Thank you, but please don't pass on condolences to me, there are so so so many people in her life who knew her better than me, but she was a lovely woman and she made the world a better place, including on here.

So wanted mumsnetters to be able to toast her, light a candle or whatever. Remember her and her amazing posts.

acatcalledjohn Fri 18-Aug-17 20:20:57

What horribly sad news sad

Much love to her family & friends.

GherkinSnatch Fri 18-Aug-17 20:21:10

That's awful, I'm so sorry OP.

I wonder if Woolly Hugs are around to think about a blanket for her DH/DD?

Thewolfsjustapuppy Fri 18-Aug-17 20:21:15

flowers terrible news, so sorry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »