Talk

Advanced search

Bereavement of mumsnetter Catthiefkeith

(987 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

slithytove Fri 18-Aug-17 20:05:30

I don't know if this is the right thing to do, and I'm so sorry if not.

catthiefkeith passed away today.

I know there are mumsnetters who know her know how amazing she is, and I just wanted to raise a glass to her memory on here, where she brought a smile to so many faces with her stories of her mad life.

Rest in peace lovely lady.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 25-Aug-17 09:40:31

Bloomed

Could MN perhaps do a campaign reminding to vaccinate for meningitis in CTK's memory?

Hi there Bloomed,

Thanks so much for the great idea.

We've passed this over to our campaigns team and they're going to have a think about this. We can't make any promises but it's a very good idea and one that will certainly be looked into.

flowers

TheDailyWail Sat 26-Aug-17 20:05:13

The round up was lovely. Thank you MNHQ. flowers

Veterinari Sat 26-Aug-17 20:25:38

Could someone please link to the Talk roundup - I can't find it
Thanks

elephantoverthehill Sat 26-Aug-17 20:28:00

I've looked too, but can't find it either.

AlpacaLipsNow Sat 26-Aug-17 20:35:44

I didn't get it either.

SweetBabyJebus Sat 26-Aug-17 20:51:21

Talk Round-up
Earlier this week we received the very sad news that longstanding Mumsnetter CatThiefKeith had passed away, suddenly and unexpectedly. In her honour, we've brought together the very best of her Mumsnet witticisms for this week’s Talk Round-Up. This one's for you, Keith. wine

We've all done daft things after a drink - said something we regret, been sick in the hallway...or, if you're CatThiefKeith, done a spot of questionable online shopping.
"I've apparently 'won' these beauties in an online charity auction," she groaned. "Wine is my only excuse."

Eggs
Er, they're...well. They're something alright.
"How much did you pay for them?" asked TooManyButtons.
"Two quid for the pair!" replied Keith cheerfully. "I vaguely remember thinking they would make a good talking point."
As it happens, many Mumsnetters are partial to a spot of drunken consumerism.
"I bought a head torch once because I was pretending to be a mole," confessed WallToWallBastards. "Took me a while after delivery to work out why I'd bought it in the first place."
"Reminds me of DH's mate, who in a very drunken moment won an eBay bid for four tyres for a Porsche. He didn't have a Porsche at the time and still hasn't." MinesaPinot sighed.
AudreyBradshaw was hardcore, and did her drunken shopping in person: "I once went to Asda slightly inebriated and bought 18 bananas, two Pot Noodles, a packet of Jammie Dodgers and a Connect 4 board game."
Meanwhile, Frouby was still trying to think of a use for Keith's eggs.
"Do you have any DCs in your life you dislike? You could pass them off as luxury Hatchimals and tell the DC they need to hold them for as long as it takes to hatch them," she suggested thoughtfully.
"Or maybe they will hatch. Maybe you'll wake one night to a cracking noise and find an ancient ninja doing battle with a dragon in your dining room."
Well, that'd certainly be £2 well spent.

Tent
"My fecking sister bought a tent yesterday," announced CatThiefKeith. "She begged me to help her put it up as she didn't know how, promised DD and my nieces they could sleep in it, then got s***faced and has gone to bed. Both nieces have bottled out, but DD was already asleep inside, so I had to get in. Now there's a f**** thunderstorm going on and some b*** has locked the back door! What's the betting the poxy tent is going to leak?"
"Is there no way of calling one of them to let you in?" asked Sparechange. "Or can you throw pebbles at a window to wake someone up, like they do in films?"
Keith shook her head. "They all sleep at the front of the house and I'm out the back. Too lardy to scale the side gate. My phone is indoors and I am Mumsnetting from DD's iPad. Besides - it's chucking it down. If I get soaked through and nobody wakes up I will be even more pissed off," she sighed. "Even worse - the wine is indoors. I'm supposed to be taking all the kids to archery tomorrow. I might bring an arrow home to ram up her arse."
"Aren't you worried about getting darked on?" gasped Bluefrog26.
"If you don't get in the house the slugs will come and get you in the night," warned notangelinajolie gravely.
"Slugs don't scare me," said Keith bravely. "The fact that I am just a few feet from a spooky ancient wood does a little bit though. Monks are rumoured to haunt them - I've never seen them but my uncle claims to have. The woods are also full of massive holes and tunnels, all fenced off. Nobody really knows what they are for, but they’re full of rare bats."
"Well you've got the full set there: dark woods, monks, bats, tunnels, torrential rain," nodded AdaColeman. "Scooby Doo will be along to rescue you shortly."

Drunk
And finally, we leave you with the wisdom shared by CatThiefKeith and friends in the thread entitled "Drunken lessons I have learned".
"Do not blow out a candle with a mouth full of cheese and crackers. Generally, going backto your neih.ours for an extra glass iof wein is not necessaey. If yocpost on mn drhunk, hide tgread immediately afterwards. Smlhe and tje whole world smipes with you!" announced a suitably sozzled Keith.
"Sleeping bag races down the stairs hurt," contributed a remorseful AgentZigzag.
"Do not attempt Flaming Sambucas using a plastic shot glass, or put the flame out with the palm of your hand. It will leave a permanent scar," winced ClothesPegs.
"Don't let yourself be persuaded by mutual friends that it will be ok for you to go to your ex-boyfriend's house party," cringed Sophita. "You will see him kissing a girl, and your drunken revenge master plan will be to go to his bedroom, sticky-tape all his boxer shorts to the ceiling, make a desktop display of his athlete's foot cream and hair-straighteners, and write 'cunt' on his pillow in lipstick."
And finally, from Tapirbackrider's DH:
"Never go for a piss, forget to tuck yourself away, then todger-dance up the street singing Do Ya Think I'm Sexy towards a police car. Then, when confronted by the occupants of the police car, do not throw yourself over the bonnet, call them rude names, or vomit over yourself and the car."

All sterling advice, of course - and thank you, CatThiefKeith, for the many belly laughs and kind words you provided Mumsnet users with over the years.

PinkSquash Sat 26-Aug-17 20:53:17

The talk round up was really lovely MNHQ

SweetBabyJebus Sat 26-Aug-17 20:53:49

Copied and pasted on my phone from my email. Sorry for formatting isshoos and lack of accompanying pics.

CanIBuffalo Sat 26-Aug-17 21:08:37

Something in my eye.

MrsJayy Sat 26-Aug-17 21:09:32

I have just read the round up was so lovely and i lold she was hilarious

whirlygirly Sat 26-Aug-17 21:11:48

I've just seen this and am utterly shocked. I'm so sorry to read this - she was fab and I've always loved her crazy threads. Life really bloody sucks sometimes. Rip lovely lady flowers

Mandatorymongoose Sat 26-Aug-17 22:00:47

Well. Life, yabu. How dare you take CTK.

A funny and fabulous woman, I'm so sorry for those who love her and I know there are lots of them.

Sleep peacefully x

BitOutOfPractice Sat 26-Aug-17 22:10:26

Oh goodness how sad. Her poor family. I'm so sorry really read this.

RiversrunWoodville Sat 26-Aug-17 22:14:23

Genuine thoughts for her family and friends she seemed such a lovely person from her posts

Lynnm63 Sat 26-Aug-17 22:28:50

I don't have the talk round up email yet, did it come out tonight?

Oncewaswho Sat 26-Aug-17 22:32:06

I got it about 5.30 this evening, a lovely tribute.

Catzpyjamas Sat 26-Aug-17 23:02:13

Thanks for the Talk Round-up, MNHQ.
CTK was most definitely one of a very special kind. 🌌

DMCWelshCakes Sat 26-Aug-17 23:17:11

Thank you MNHQ. It was wonderful

Ahem.

Terrible outbreak of seasonal allergies around here.

TheHauntedFishtank Sat 26-Aug-17 23:30:30

Absolutely fucking hilarious, thank you CTK x

Jux Sun 27-Aug-17 00:28:43

Where aI read the Round Up? I used to get it but seem to have stopped so have just re-subscribed, but would ike to read this one asap.

SerfTerf Sun 27-Aug-17 00:36:00

It's just a few posts up, C&Ped jux.

SerfTerf Sun 27-Aug-17 00:36:36

(Yesterday 20:51, SweetBabyJebus)

Jux Sun 27-Aug-17 00:50:06

Thanks, Serf

ohtheholidays Sun 27-Aug-17 02:55:20

Just finished reading the round up,bloody hell Mrs you were funny,I hope all of those that loved you in RL know how much you'll be missed by so many of us on here.Xx

And I'm now another one with something in my eye.

WelshMoth Sun 27-Aug-17 17:20:02

Oh dear God.
I've not RTFT but Pacific sent me a link as I had no idea.

My stomach tipped over when I read the OP. I am genuinely sad.

Various NC'ing so my name may not be connected much but your posts always drew my attention.

Keith, I'm Going to raise a glass to you tonight. I will truly miss your posting.

Gone too soon. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »