Talk

Advanced search

To clap my hands and skip about in a elephantine manner?

(518 Posts)
DisgraceToTheYChromosome Thu 15-Jun-17 23:11:21

I'm going to be a grandfather! Woo hoo! They haven't tuppence to rub together, so there'll be 3 generations under one roof. Still, DD is doing well after the throwing stopped, he's working all the hours God sends, and with luck I shall see New Person into their teens, as opposed to my DF who got less than 7 years of DGF hood. Wish us luck.

OP’s posts: |
TheCakeDiet Tue 26-Jan-21 21:42:38

Oh this is just brilliant.

Hope you are keeping well @DisgraceToTheYChromosome. Would love to see an update.

HadEnoughOfBears Thu 07-Jan-21 22:09:36

I have only just found this thread!
It's marvellous 😍

JoanJosephJim Sat 29-Aug-20 16:39:37

I love coming back to this to see the updates. I wish all Grandparents were as enthusiastic about being involved.

I hope that you are taking lots of video of yourself and your wife with "melter of hearts" it is the one thing we like to look back on as my lovely Mum died 10 years ago when the children were 7 and 4.

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 28-Aug-20 13:30:44

Yay! Happy birthday to the Little Prince!

And thanks to the soppy old git grin

marriednotdead Fri 28-Aug-20 12:43:53

Another one for the fan club, I am always quietly chuffed to read your updates and the exploits of MiniDisgrace. Being soppy is for other people, we grandparents are only justifiably proud wink

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Fri 28-Aug-20 12:35:57

Now we are 3.
Breakfast was smarties and ice cream, so we were greeted with much scampering and giggling. At one point he climbed onto DW's head, at another he got into his play tent and used it as a hamster wheel. Then we played "throw Lego round the room and get the grown ups to pick it up". Twice. Everything was dinosaurs, before you ask.
I shall probably leave it that, unless he gets into the Falcons or proves Goldbach's Conjecture. Thanks to all his supporters, and for not calling me a soppy old git to my face.

DeRigueurMortis Sun 09-Aug-20 19:13:51

What took me me long to find this thread!!!!

It's so heartwarming and humorous.

I know the area well as I have family in Northumberland. It's such a beautiful part of the country.

I think Bamburgh and Alnmouth are two of my favourite places in the U.K. and my own DS spent lots of time there when he was little.

Such a wonderful part of the country for a child to grow up in or indeed a 60 something to grow old disgracefully in wink.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Sun 09-Aug-20 18:19:22

I've considered writing an humorous parenting book for a while. Originally it was to be called "Fat, Forty, Fatherhood". As time has passed, it's morphed to "Sluglike, Sixty, Second Adolescence". But I don't want to strip mine anyone's childhood, seeing what happened to CR Milne.

Anyway, we went to Cresswell yesterday, and poked hermit crabs. I'm not allowed in the water though: "Sea too cold parp, you get cough". Bless him.

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 08-Aug-20 09:10:08

JustHavinABreak

*@DisgraceToTheYChromosome* I've just read this is filled with laughter and tears. What a wonderful grandfather and writer you are. You should consider approaching an agent with this. Your grandson is a very lucky little boy.

I agree. You really should think about publishing this. Perhaps @MNHQ could be involved in some way?

I've often thought that some threads here would make excellent Radio plays and this is definitely one of them.

I'm sure the Little Prince will have a wonderful birthday running in circles with his mates grin

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Sat 08-Aug-20 00:53:29

Hi ERW22. We're inland and a bit up from you. Good for trainspotting.

Hi Bore! Just under 3 weeks away. It'll be quiet, just a couple of friends from nursery in the park. They can run in circles to their heart's content.

ERW22 Sun 02-Aug-20 21:16:37

Name changed but this is still my favourite thread! And I recognise lots of places in the photos (I think) I’m from the village with the 2 people in the bay where the dolphins often come to visit so I know the area well.

JustHavinABreak Sun 02-Aug-20 13:18:35

@DisgraceToTheYChromosome I've just read this is filled with laughter and tears. What a wonderful grandfather and writer you are. You should consider approaching an agent with this. Your grandson is a very lucky little boy.

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 21-Jul-20 20:58:11

I bethought me of this thread, so decided to revisit.

Balm for the soul it is, @DisgraceToTheYChromosome.

And he'll be coming up for three soon!

Who knows where the time goes?

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Tue 30-Jun-20 00:04:11

Like Boris the horse, he wants to bite the horizon. Good at distancing: "People! Stand still nanna!" And then a gull goes by and he's off like a greyhound.

crabbyoldbat Sat 30-May-20 08:42:36

Smashing!

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Thu 28-May-20 19:02:22

2¾ yesterday. Since everyone's been over the virus for 5 weeks, we went to the beach.
"Have you got enough seacoal on you yet?"
"No, I splashing. You stay there parpar". I was black from the knees down. He had it in his hair.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Thu 26-Mar-20 22:10:55

He has a new thing, full body nodding. Saying "yes" means bashing your face on a cushion and shouting "BOING!". Saying "no" means bending forward supporting yourself on your elbows, and then making little jumps with your behind pointing at the person who's just asked you to put your toys away.

wineandroses1 Tue 17-Mar-20 23:54:38

Op please continue. This is a lovely thread and you are best grandad ever (well, other than mine. And my dad. Fabulous grandads).

neverornow Sun 15-Mar-20 21:20:43

This thread is just what I needed today! Beautiful smile

JuniperSnowberry Sat 14-Mar-20 22:23:59

Another one chiming in to say that I love these updates. It is so lovely that you are still over-joyed at this little fella.

singtanana Sat 14-Mar-20 06:24:03

Brilliant, love the updates!

Threelionsandalioness Thu 05-Mar-20 07:20:19

Oh such a lovely update thank you x

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Sun 01-Mar-20 09:26:56

2½ on Thursday, but I've been very busy.
Right now he's lying on the floor staging railway disasters. I have survived his undivided attention for 24 hours (everyone else is working). The house is a tip. Life is perfect.

Ellmau Sat 29-Feb-20 21:13:00

What a lovely thread and how adorable MiniDisgrace is.

Threelionsandalioness Thu 20-Feb-20 09:13:13

Me too x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in