Talk

Advanced search

Embarrassing text to wrong person..

(131 Posts)
Greenfingeredfun Wed 11-Jan-17 16:20:53

Anyone got some to share?
Please.. I cannot be the only one..
Following my 6 week coil check yesterday, I text my ds's friends mum to check she was still okay to have my ds after school.
I was also in the midst of texting a friend about the appointment saying 'I was a bit worried at one point when the nurse said "This is a good sign, I can see Fred" then I realised she had said thread'.
I quickly followed this up with another text asking 'who is this tiny man living in my vagina?'.
I sent it to my ds's friends mum didn't I.
The poor woman got 'Are you still okay to have ds after school today' 'Who is this tiny man living in my vagina'.
The absolute shame blush

Upforathird Wed 11-Jan-17 16:22:53

That's absolutely hilarious!!! I have texted the wrong person before but very bland stuff like "we need bread" to a friend instead of DH. Not as amusing!!

Msqueen33 Wed 11-Jan-17 16:23:54

That's hilarious. I'd probably like you even more for it.

LadyGlitterSparklesSeriously Wed 11-Jan-17 16:26:10

grin

Personally I'd have text back something witty, and found it hilarious. What did she say?

Greenfingeredfun Wed 11-Jan-17 16:30:01

I immediately sent an 'oh my god shockshockshock that wasn't meant for you' text followed up by an explanation of the story behind said text. She replied that she was crying with laughter

Greenfingeredfun Wed 11-Jan-17 16:31:26

I was cringing at the highest level when I had to face her when she dropped my ds home though. Just, of all the bloody things to send???! Who is this tiny man living in my vagina??! Wtf.

BillyDaveysDaughter Wed 11-Jan-17 16:32:15

That is awesome grin

Janey50 Wed 11-Jan-17 16:35:00

grin OMG OP that is hilarious!

CrazyDuchess Wed 11-Jan-17 16:42:08

gringringrin

trulybadlydeeply Wed 11-Jan-17 16:51:10

When people say they are literally "crying with laughter" I always think that it's a gross exaggeration, but I am actually sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks grin

loopylulu80 Wed 11-Jan-17 16:52:46

I accidentally sent a text to my male friend at work instead of my husband saying 'Love you monkey' (nickname). He luckily laughed about it and called me monkey for a week!

Scribblegirl Wed 11-Jan-17 16:53:19

Oh god I'm at work and holding back tears. OP I think you're a legend. grin

youarenotkiddingme Wed 11-Jan-17 16:53:44

That is fantastic grin

I agree i like you a whole lot more if I got a text like this (mistake or not!) as you clearly have a great sense of humour and quick wit.

BreconBeBuggered Wed 11-Jan-17 16:53:54

When I read the thread title I was going to say 'Oh, we've all done it, OP'. But I don't think we have.

Gallavich Wed 11-Jan-17 16:54:22

Excellent! I can just imagine her face grin

I sent a text about a guy I was planning to dump to the guy once. That was awful.
Then I also text a guy I wasn't interested in, citing this serious relationship I was starting in, but I sent it to the man I was dating (which was far from a serious relationship) - that took some explaining!

Ahh that's made me nostalgic for the days when I had several blokes on the go...fun times.

LarkDescending Wed 11-Jan-17 16:54:31

That has made my day OP grin

The other mum sounds a good sort.

JennyOnAPlate Wed 11-Jan-17 16:55:17

gringringrin

You win the internet today op flowers

MadMags Wed 11-Jan-17 16:58:43

My sister and I were texting once, just silly stuff and we got talking about rampant rabbits (as you do).

Anyway, she went quiet for a while then I got a flurry of chaotic texts...

Her ds's soccer coach had sent a text about that weekend's match and she had replied with "check out this bad boy" and the biggest vibrator she could find on the internet!

She sent dh to the match that weekend grin

amusedbush Wed 11-Jan-17 16:58:56

I really laughed out loud there, OP grin

Thattimeofyearagain Wed 11-Jan-17 17:00:20

I once sent a ranty text about my boss to my boss ( major health scare & they were being arsey about me having any time off for hospital appointments angry) Was meant to go to my mum. Boss was livid. BUT I put nothing in it but the truth.

Greenfingeredfun Wed 11-Jan-17 17:01:57

Straight after the text incident I popped into Morrisons. As I was walking around I struggled to contain my laughter to such an extent that I began getting involuntary leg twitches. I don't know if that was due to the shock or because I'd just had a nurses hand up my Jack and Danny. Either way I must have looked utterly mad.
Thanks for sharing your text disasters PPs grin

J3NN1 Wed 11-Jan-17 17:02:35

Oh that is just hilarious! 'Who is this tiny man living in my vagina' grin

Not as funny but in a group message with all of the parents at my daughters gymnastics I meant to write 'no probs' after helping someone with something - instead I wrote 'no pubes' - mortified!

trevortrevorslattery Wed 11-Jan-17 17:02:54

Ah OP that's hilarious. Also madmags shock grin

I once texted a very reserved, socially awkward colleague to ask if he was coming over for sex. It was meant to be to a FWB blush the horror.

MadMags Wed 11-Jan-17 17:03:57

grin I love these threads!

littlequestion Wed 11-Jan-17 17:07:24

or Freds...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now