Talk

Advanced search

I slept with my best friend last night

(487 Posts)
AVirginLitTheCandle Tue 25-Oct-16 17:45:33

and now I have no idea what to do blush

We haven't spoke to each other since last night as we've both been working today but I'm not sure if I should contact him first or should I wait for him to contact me?

I don't know what he thinks about it and whether he thinks it meant something or it was just a casual one night stand. I'm not even sure I know tbh blush

Should I mention this to him or just forget it ever happened and continue on as normal?

AtrociousCircumstance Tue 25-Oct-16 17:46:34

You need to discuss it and be completely open about how you both feel.

FuzzyBadger Tue 25-Oct-16 17:47:13

Is he a neurosurgeon on £100k?

Whoopsieeeeeeee Tue 25-Oct-16 17:48:46

grin fuzzy

ShowMeTheElf Tue 25-Oct-16 17:49:39

He's your best friend, so you should be able to talk to him about it. Something along the lines of 'I feel odd about last night; not sure how to feel, what you think about it or how to react. Can we talk?'

What do you want to happen? Did it mean something for you or was it just a one night stand for you? Will you be able to forget and carry on as normal?

Finola1step Tue 25-Oct-16 17:49:41

Are you both single?

AVirginLitTheCandle Tue 25-Oct-16 17:50:19

Unfortunately not Fuzzy wink

He's an electrician and still makes decent money though...

legotits Tue 25-Oct-16 17:50:24

Depends if he was any good or not and do you want an encore?

MargotsDevil Tue 25-Oct-16 17:51:09

I did that. 4 years later and I can safely say it's the best mistake I ever made smile it was awkward initially (for the first 24 hours or so) but then it became obvious that we'd both been waiting for it to happen. My only regret is that it took more than 10 years for us to get that far; we have certainly made up for lost time since.

Not much practical advice I know; but just wanted to reassure you that if it IS what you want then it can work out. Just time to be honest. Good luck!

AVirginLitTheCandle Tue 25-Oct-16 17:52:38

It meant something to me, yes...but if he doesn't feel the same way then I will just have to pretend that it didn't blush

We're both single.

I might just text him later if he doesn't text me first.

AVirginLitTheCandle Tue 25-Oct-16 17:55:29

I just feel odd now.

I have never slept with someone who I wasn't in a relationship with already and now I'm just sat here thinking wtf.

I wonder if he's feeling awkward today or if it's just me...

ShowMeTheElf Tue 25-Oct-16 17:56:51

I married my best friend, after knowing him for nearly 30 years, us both marrying other people and divorcing before we even knew we saw each other that way. <unhelpful>

Milklollies Tue 25-Oct-16 17:57:24

It's not such a big deal OP. I think it's important not to put too much expectations on it as you already have strong feelings for this person. Let him breathe.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 25-Oct-16 17:57:52

What led up to it? A fun night out, lots of laughter and chatting? Or was it an out of the blue fall into each others arms moment?

SheWhoDaresGins2 Tue 25-Oct-16 18:05:51

Ask him how he feels then take it from there. He might feel the same.

toffeeboffin Tue 25-Oct-16 18:07:27

So the spark was there?

Sorry.

Macauley Tue 25-Oct-16 18:09:34

I did that ended up married to him blush best thing is to be honest about feelings.

SheWhoDaresGins2 Tue 25-Oct-16 18:14:07

toffee grin

SpermThroughASashWindow Tue 25-Oct-16 18:16:39

Do you get a wee tummy tingle when you think of it?

legotits Tue 25-Oct-16 18:18:05

Bravo Toffee grin

ImperialBlether Tue 25-Oct-16 18:20:00

I would be tempted to text him: "Does this mean we're engaged?" then sit back and wait for his reaction. grin

IsItMeOr Tue 25-Oct-16 18:21:09

When Harry Met Sally is one of my favourite films <unhelpful>

If he really is your best friend, then probably worth being honest about how you feel. And whether you still want to be best friends even if he doesn't feel the same way. Yes, it's awkward, but the potential gain is definitely worth it.

IsItMeOr Tue 25-Oct-16 18:22:16

Imperial that's not helpful. Very funny though grin.

SheWhoDaresGins2 Tue 25-Oct-16 18:25:13

Oh I love a tummy tingle.

ChampagneTastes Tue 25-Oct-16 18:26:21

Definitely do what Imperial suggests. Or do like Rachel in Friends: invite him round then open the door wearing a wedding dress. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now