Is Voldemort a virgin?

(497 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

OhShutUpThomas Sun 21-Feb-16 21:07:36

And any other Harry Potter mysteries!

Can anyone answer mine?
Is Voldemort a virgin?
What happened to Rodolphus Lestrange?
Why do some spells take weeks and hours of homework to learn, yet Harry can imperious people by just saying it?

Anyone else? I've got more, can't think just now. Just finished re-reading!

louisejxxx Sun 21-Feb-16 21:11:36

I would say he is most definitely a virgin - he doesn't crave human affection so don't think the thought of having sex would have ever even crossed his mind. Asexual.

Don't know about rodolphus - maybe he got fed up of bellatrix fawning around after voldy!!

I have a feeling I'm going to love this thread...

SuffolkNWhat Sun 21-Feb-16 21:13:16

Definitely yes to the first.

It's understood in the fan world that Rodolphus went insane in Azkaban so was left behind by Voldemort & Bellatrix

scandichick Sun 21-Feb-16 21:14:12

Harry can't just Imperius someone - you have to mean it grin

No answer to the first few questions in the book, although I reckon Voldemort wouldn't be a virgin (sex is closely linked to power, after all), and Rodolphus Lestrange died in the battle of Hogwarts.

SaturdayJammieDay Sun 21-Feb-16 21:15:02

No way. Bellatrix was shagging him.

NeedACleverNN Sun 21-Feb-16 21:15:31

Nah I reckon Voldemort and bellatrix got it on really.

Was why he trusted her with a horcrux

NeedACleverNN Sun 21-Feb-16 21:15:56

X post saturday grin

OhShutUpThomas Sun 21-Feb-16 21:16:24

Where does it say that scandi? He's never mentioned after book 4 from what I remember!

And who is Snape's 'source' in Deathly Hallows who he tells Voldemort he got the info about Harry's leaving the Dursleys date from?

OhShutUpThomas Sun 21-Feb-16 21:16:59

Always wondered that too Saturday.

Ewwww

glenthebattleostrich Sun 21-Feb-16 21:17:11

Voldy and Bella are getting it on so Rodolphus has been dumped. Rodolphus has discovered a love of cardigans and Val Doonican records.

Harry is The Chosen One (and Hermoine stands behind him doing the spells, so he just thinks it's him).

SuffolkNWhat Sun 21-Feb-16 21:17:23

Nope tell a lie he was there at the Department of Mysteries and the Battle of the 7 Potters so must have been released, maybe it's Rabastan I'm thinking of

OhShutUpThomas Sun 21-Feb-16 21:17:51

And WHERE are all Harry's grandparents?? His parents died at 21 and ALL FOUR of their parents had already died too?

AwfulBeryl Sun 21-Feb-16 21:18:01

I don't know, I can imagine a depraved threesome with the lestrange sisters.
I can't remember what happened to Mr Bellatrix, I think he may have died in the order of the Phoenix, at the big fight in the ministry. That's just a guess though.
Maybe learning magic is like learning a language, tricky to start but easier as you progress and get used to the sound and rythem of the words you're using.

OhShutUpThomas Sun 21-Feb-16 21:18:35

Dafuq is Rabastan??

1) Canonically, there's nothing to say Voldemort isn't a virgin, although looking at Tom Riddle with adult (MNer) eyes, I'd say he was a prime candidate for using prostitutes (pure-born only, natch).

2) harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Rodolphus_Lestrange

3) Well, you have to mean an Unforgivable Curse... hmm
But yes, Harry is not the sharpest magical tool in the box academically, yet he seems to somehow battle super-powerful wizards on similar terms. Go figure.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 21-Feb-16 21:19:23

Snape knew the plan from Dumbledore (portrait) he imperioused Mundungus to give the idea of 7 Potters. Snape had to know the date or it would look like he wasn't loyal to Voldemort. He claimed to still have sources within the OotP

LottieDoubtie Sun 21-Feb-16 21:19:34

I can't imagine Voldemort having sex- i agree asexual.

I think Harry 'learns' imperious quickly for a few reasons-
- he'd already learnt the theory in 4th year with Moody/Crouch, as well as how to through it off
- By the time he uses it in the 7th book he has acquired a good understanding of how all the unforgivables work (they are linked)
- He really meant it
-By this time he is an adult wizard possessed with more skill and power than a teenager and generally pretty accomplished with most magic.

AwfulBeryl Sun 21-Feb-16 21:19:43

Rhythm ffs

QuickQuickNo Sun 21-Feb-16 21:19:55

Obsessively place marking

SaturdayJammieDay Sun 21-Feb-16 21:20:00

Rabastan was Bellatrix's BIL, Rodolphus' brother. Died in Azkaban I think.

glenthebattleostrich Sun 21-Feb-16 21:20:13

Snape was having a fling with Aunt Petunia.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 21-Feb-16 21:20:19

Rastaban Lestrange is Rodolphus' brother

OhShutUpThomas Sun 21-Feb-16 21:22:09

You take that back glen

LottieDoubtie Sun 21-Feb-16 21:22:10

Rabastan in Rodulphus' brother.

SuffolkNWhat Sun 21-Feb-16 21:22:16

It's generally accepted that the Potters were older parents, James being their only, rather indulged, son which may explain their passing before Lily & James died (also links to the fortune Harry inherits, his parents weren't old enough to earn that amount)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now