Talk

Advanced search

School report 'code' - which ones have you spotted/do you know about?

(232 Posts)
PacificDogwood Thu 10-Jul-14 20:25:18

Here is my favourite one from when DS2 was 6 (P2 in Scotland):

"DS2 has a very well developed sense of fairness."

Really? I thought, does he? I've never noticed.

Until I realised it translated in to "DS2 feels hard done by very, very easily". That I had noticed grin

Any other examples? Contributions from teachers also welcome wink

jeee Thu 24-Jul-14 10:01:08

When I was at school a friend's music report simply read: "Should shut up".

I was jealous..... I would have loved that on my report.

Benedictinemonk Fri 08-Aug-14 16:56:57

Some years ago, as a form tutor in a secondary school, it was my responsibility to collate the individual end of year subject reports from each subject teacher and put them all together in a booklet to send home to the parents of the kids in my form. One of my colleagues wrote something along the lines of "Jimmy is very quiet in class, I would like to see him to make more of a contribution." This was in June. I gently pointed out to my colleague that Jimmy had actually left the school the previous October when he and his parents had relocated home to the other end of the country.

flickyhairredlippy Sat 06-Sep-14 23:11:20

Oh my god! These were all written in MY reports!

oh the shame

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 07-Sep-14 13:31:08

"sometimes shows willingness to focus in class".

Not the most subtle bit of code for - your child is a shit but I've seen it.

Millie2013 Sun 07-Sep-14 21:16:22

"Millie's knowledge of geography is limited to figuring out where she can best be a nuisance"

Benedictinemonk Mon 08-Sep-14 07:40:34

I used to teach a little PE in addition to my main subject, and organise one of the school rugby teams. The school required reports to be written about their engagement for those kids who played for the school teams. 'David' was always querying/arguing with the referee's decisions. I wrote "David is a keen student of the rules of Rugby Union and enjoys engaging in discussions on the finer points of interpretation with the referee."

mellicauli Tue 11-Nov-14 23:33:40

dS1 "keeps me on my toes"= insufferable know it all..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »